Thread: 15 arrested in Forida for attempting to hook up with minors for sex

15 arrested in Forida for attempting to hook up with minors for sex

A Volusia County teacher's aide was among 15 men arrested for traveling to Deltona to have sex with people they met online, who they thought were children, Volusia Sheriff Ben Johnson said Tuesday.

Dennis Blyth, 63, of Deltona, who works at University High School in Orange City, made contact with undercover detectives in an online chat room being used by investigators to catch men looking for children to exploit sexually, Johnson said.
    When Blyth and the 14 others arrived at a Deltona home or grocery store parking lot, instead of meeting children they encountered masked deputies who arrested them on the spot.

The investigation is the first of its kind for the Volusia Sheriff's Office. Dubbed Operation Cyber Sting, it took seven months to organize and involved a dozen law enforcement agencies from around the state.

Investigators using the Internet posed as children, or adults promoting sex with children. They lured and rounded up suspects for seven days ending at 2:30 a.m. Sunday.
    Another suspect, Michael Llorca, 44, of Longwood, left his 12- and 14-year-old daughters in the care of his brother so he could travel to Deltona at 11:45 p.m. Sunday to meet a 14-year-old girl for sex, investigators said.

Blyth thought he was hooking up with two boys, ages 14 and 11, for sex. Blyth came to the parking lot of the Winn-Dixie at 2880 Howland Blvd. in Deltona thinking he was going to meet the guardian of the boys.

He ran into detectives who handcuffed him. He is charged with traveling to meet or lure a child for sex, using a two-way communication device to facilitate a felony and use of a computer to seduce or solicit a child. Blyth was jailed on $75,000 bail.
    School district officials said Tuesday that Blyth has been suspended pending an investigation.

The suspects, whose ages ranged from 21 to 66, came from around Florida and from as far as New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado to have sex with children at a home on Providence Boulevard in Deltona.

"It took seven months to coordinate with other law enforcement partners and a seven-day sting to catch 15 people who were on computers trying to exploit our children," Johnson said. "As a result of this successful investigation, we have 14 other spin-off investigations that we are conducting."

The suspects included men from the U.S. Army Reserve, U.S. Air Force, a former U.S. Navy gunner, a trucker, a retiree and sales representatives.

They arrived in Deltona night and day. Some arranged meetings in the parking lot of a Winn-Dixie at Howland and Catalina boulevards instead of the home, arrest reports show.

According to the arrest reports, undercover detectives posed as single mothers asking men to help teach their teenagers sex, as sisters wanting men to teach sex to younger sisters or as boys alone at home. The investigators would post ads in "ecommerce" chat rooms and other social web sites.

Once a suspect answered the advertisements, agents engaged in online conversations with the suspects outlining the age of the children, the nature of the sexual activity.

Llorca, Michael Brown, 31, a former U.S. Navy gunner of Dade City; Emmanuel Vazquez, 24, Kissimmee; James Rees, 50, Palm Coast; and John Baran, 66, Mims; were each charged with traveling to entice a parent or guardian to consent with sex with a child, use of a computer to solicit a parent or guardian to consent with sex with a child and use of a two-way communication device to facilitate a felony.

Rees drove 49 miles to meet who he thought was a 9-year-old girl and a 12-year-old boy for sex. Rees responded to an ad in which agents posed as a 43-year-old Deltona single mom. Rees asked detectives if "she" had boys or girls, and when told yes, answered "nice" and "would enjoy using her" referring to the 9-year-old, saying he would like to "breed her" when she was 15 or 16, investigators said.

Michael Billings, 42, Leesburg; Anthony Fenech, 25, Orlando; Michael Ingersoll, 27 a trucker from Arvada, Colo.; Edward Kalinowski, 59, a retired Connecticut police officer who lives in Ocala;

James Carpenter, 39, a U.S. Army Reserve from St. Augustine; Aurelio Osle, 50, Miami; Kyle Lightner, 21, airman with the U.S. Air Force at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico; Charles

Kremer, 42, of Gilbert, Ariz.; and David Colon-Arraya, 22, Apopka; were each charged with traveling to meet or lure a child for sex, use of a computer to seduce or solicit a child, and use of a two-way communication device to facilitate a felony.

All the suspects face up to 15 years in state prison if convicted of the second-degree felonies, said State Attorney R.J. Larizza.

None of those arrested were sexual offenders or had criminal records, Johnson said.
    "It's disturbing to me because we have these kinds of operations all over the state of Florida and they are still coming," Johnson said. "What is also disturbing is that there are parents out there allowing their children to be victims."

Johnson urged parents to be more vigilant of what their children are doing on their computers.
    To offenders or would-be offenders, Johnson said: "All those individuals out there thinking about this or are doing this, they better stop. Or we will be coming after them and we are going to get them."
    http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...bs-15-men.html

Video of the busts:

Those arrested:

Kyle Lightner (21) thought he was hooking up with a 13 y/o girl
    http://www.facebook.com/seferous (Public wall with lots of people telling him what a piece of shit he is)
    Picture of him:

Arrest info: http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/K...htner_5718419/

Dennis Blyth (63) thought he was hooking up with two teenage boys:
    http://www.myspace.com/372394698
    http://www.facebook.com/people/Dennis-Blyth/1336557785
    http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/D...Blyth_5717059/

Emmanual Vasquez (24) thought he was hooking up with A 13 y/o girl and her cousin:
    http://www.myspace.com/search/people?q=#!/31929002
    http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/E...zquez_5714013/

Michael Billings (42) thought he was hooking up with a 14 y/o Boy:
    http://www.myspace.com/46081952
    http://www.facebook.com/stretchmike2005
    His posts looking for young boys on a forum: http://guiltygroups.com/forum/index?...ike2005&page=2
    http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/M...lings_5715697/

Charles Kremer (24) thought he was meeting a 15 y/o and her sister:

http://www.myspace.com/38218772
    http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/C...remer_5719933/

Also arrested, Spock's Dad: http://florida.arrests.org/Arrests/E...owski_5717046/

The REAL DollyDagger DollyDagger's Avatar
    I'm glad LE is beginning to get it together with this type of activity. Kudos to Perverted Justice and Chris Hansen(Dateline NBC, To Catch a Predator), for nudging all Law Enforcement just a bit, to get them serious about adults that make arrangements to meet minors for sex. I know this is only a drop in the ocean, but each state is now making amendments for this type of criminal activity.
    I am grounded to Earth. The Earth calms my mind and soul. Though my body may be tired and worn The Earth shall soothe my mind and soul. May the Earth take my body Back into it's gentle embrace. Calm as the whispers through the trees. my thoughts are many but never ending. Let Earth guide and soothe my mind and soul in times of trouble and uncertainty with the aid of Spirit to guide my path. My journey is long but i pray that it be a joyous one in all things. Blessed be

Yeah they're protecting kids that don't exist. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    Yeah they're protecting kids that don't exist. lol
    Yeah, I'm sure this is the one and only time they've ever considered doing such a thing or ever would.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I think 99.9% of kids would tell them to fuck off.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I think 99.9% of kids would tell them to fuck off.
    So why bother trying to trick these poor guys, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Seems like a waste of resources but maybe it's a good bang for the buck.

Seems like a waste of resources but maybe it's a good bang for the buck.
    With all the bullshit vice busts this seems like a waste of resources!?!

Champion of the drunk driver and the pedophile. What's next, terrorists?

Now you can make a joke about how that's my job.

I'm all for killing the ones that touch kids, 15 years seems like a hell of a sentence for trying to fuck someone that doesn't exist.

I'm all for killing the ones that touch kids, 15 years seems like a hell of a sentence for trying to fuck someone that doesn't exist.
    That thankfully don't exist.

Fuck that, if you're dumb enough to get caught doing shit like this, you should be locked the fuck up. It's hard to feel for these guys. I can feel sorry for the johns that are tricked and busted looking for grown ass whores, but not the people trolling junior highs.

I don't feel for them, I don't want to waste much money on them though. People touch kids and walk out of prison in less time. Let's spend extra on keeping them in place.

I don't feel for them, I don't want to waste much money on them though. People touch kids and walk out of prison in less time.
    Well sentencing in this country is a fucking joke. I agree there. But I don't see how tricking these assholes is a waste of time or resources. Nothing is prevented by locking these guys up?

Well it's borderline arresting people for thoughts/entrapment. Nothing really is prevented because there is no proof they'd ever manage to meet a real kid. Go hard on the ones that do. No one will complain that they are locked up though. It's part of the bigger "sentencing is a joke" issue.

Well it's borderline arresting people for thoughts/entrapment. Nothing really is prevented because there is no proof they'd ever manage to meet a real kid. Go hard on the ones that do. No one will complain that they are locked up though. It's part of the bigger "sentencing is a joke" issue.
    I agree....until they arrive at the meeting place. After that, the jig is up.

If the cops show up at a pervert's house and arrested them for chatting I'd agree it's too much, but when these creeps show up with a six-pack, condoms, chloroform and/or a shovel....yea, time to put on the cuffs.

Arresting for thoughts?!? Seriously?? I guess you're against hate crime prosecutions too. Wait...of course you are.

Yeah I should say there is a difference between those that are arrested sitting behind their computers versus those who actually show up somewhere. lol But both happen. Although the ones that show up are more entertaining to watch.

"Hate crime" is overused, but that's another thread.

That's kind of like saying don't use a lure when fishing?

Especially if the stream is catch and release.

The REAL DollyDagger DollyDagger's Avatar
    No, the kids do exist. Many more are truly victimized than the amount caught up in a sting like this. The Perverted Justice site has chat logs that will make you puke.
    I am grounded to Earth. The Earth calms my mind and soul. Though my body may be tired and worn The Earth shall soothe my mind and soul. May the Earth take my body Back into it's gentle embrace. Calm as the whispers through the trees. my thoughts are many but never ending. Let Earth guide and soothe my mind and soul in times of trouble and uncertainty with the aid of Spirit to guide my path. My journey is long but i pray that it be a joyous one in all things. Blessed be

Did anyone see that the first dude's (Kyle Lightner) wife had just died on August 16th? So 2 weeks later he's out trying to bang a 13 year old...

Wife's memorial page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Lov...06185352817796

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post
    Did anyone see that the first dude's (Kyle Lightner) wife had just died on August 16th? So 2 weeks later he's out trying to bang a 13 year old...

Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by holly View Post

So overcome by grief he didn't know what he was doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Looks like Kyle Lightner did it again -

http://www.alamogordonews.com/ci_19371266

A 22-year-old Holloman airman is being held Wednesday on a $100,000 no 10-percent bond in the Otero County Detention Center after law enforcement authorities learned the man planning to meet a 17-year-old girl at a local motel.

According to Magistrate Court records, Kyle W. Lightner is charged with fourth-degree felony contributing to the delinquency of a minor and selling or giving alcoholic beverages to minors.

Lightner was also out on a $25,000 bond from Volusia County, Fla. after he was arrested in their Operation Cyber Sting.

Lightner is charged with using a computer to seduce a child, obscene communication, travel to meet after and using two-way communication-cell telephone to facilitate a felony, according to Florida's 7th Judicial Circuit Court records obtained by the Daily News.

According to court records, Lightner was being investigated by the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations in reference to the death of his wife, then OSI agents informed Alamogordo Department of Public Safety detectives that Lightner had been communicating with the Alamogordo underage girl by cellular telephone.

ADPS detective Mark Esquero said when an airman's wife passes away OSI opens an investigation as part of their standard procedures and policy of the Air Force.

"OSI has a different protocol when a military person family member passes away," Esquero said. "They look into maybe providing counseling for them. It doesn't necessarily mean he is a suspect in his wife's death. Lightner's wife's funeral took place in Florida."

As of press time OSI had not replied to e-mails seeking comment for this story.

During OSI agents' investigation, they discovered Lightner had agreed to meet with the 17-year-old at a local restaurant to eat lunch then proceed to a room at a local motel for the purpose of giving clothing from Lightner's deceased wife to the girl, speak about his personal problems, provide alcohol to the girl and himself, and ultimately have con sensual sex with the teenaged girl, according to records.

According to records, ADPS officers, with the assistance of OSI agents, observed Lightner arrive at the restaurant and meet the girl. They observed Lightner and the girl proceed to the local motel around 5 p.m. on Nov. 11.

While Lightner and the girl were in the room, ADPS detectives and OSI agents learned Lightner was about to give alcohol to the girl. They then entered the room and arrested Lightner.

Esquero said OSI agents were concerned about the information regarding Lightner and the Alamogordo girl because the OSI was aware of Lightner's charges in Florida.

"It was concerning to us because we wanted to make sure that Lightner wasn't doing those types of activities with juveniles here," he said. "It's was important for us and OSI to get to the bottom of it. If we receive any type of information of an adult prying into the lives of juveniles and some type of illegal activities are taking place, it's going to be one of those priorities to make sure that the juveniles safety is there and protected. We thought since (Lightner) had a history, it was important to get to the bottom of it."

22 and 17 is kind of like, wtf, but not nearly as disgusting as trying to fuck a 13 year old. 17 year old girls are a little more in charge of their sexuality.

Agreed, but I want to know about his dead wife.

Thread Information