Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gary Titus and Billy Green

Have you met Ken Eaton's daughter? Did you live in Fort Madison when Billy was there?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    I still think you're a lunachick, but you seem like a really nice one.
    Ha ha! I swear I am normal! I just did something to be nice and ended up with a crazy love story! I don't understand the women who flock to men in prison. This is not a fun or good life. It's not something I would wish on my worst enemy!

At one time, I even believed in the death penalty :) (actually, i still believe some people deserve it)

I work a full-time job, I don't send Billy money and my kids have the understanding prison is not an option for them ever!

See I'm normal :)

I still think you're a lunachick, but you seem like a really nice one.
    Ha ha! I swear I am normal! I just did something to be nice and ended up with a crazy love story! I don't understand the women who flock to men in prison. This is not a fun or good life. It's not something I would wish on my worst enemy!

At one time, I even believed in the death penalty :) (actually, i still believe some people deserve it)

I work a full-time job, I don't send Billy money and my kids have the understanding prison is not an option for them ever!

See I'm normal :)

Have you met Ken Eaton's daughter? Did you live in Fort Madison when Billy was there?
    No, I have never met Jennifer. Actually, offenders and their families cannot contact victims or their families. She seems like a remarkable woman! I think the foundation she set up was great and I hope she can do a lot of good with it! I wish I could help, but obviously cannot.

No, I did not live in Fort Madison. I am from Nebraska and my family is here. I would not move my kids away from here. Billy actually moved to Clarinda to be closer to us.

I didn't know you weren't from Iowa. I had to go back and read your story again about how you met. I watch those kinds of shows like it's my job but I don't remember ever seeing that one. Is it ever on anymore? They are building a new prison in Fort Madison. He might be missing out on a cushy new pad.

Believe me, he had it much more cushy in Ft. Madison! I don't know about the new prison though.

I don't think his show has been on for awhile. I have it on video, but don't think that will help you much

Quote Originally Posted by greengirl6773 View Post
    Believe me, he had it much more cushy in Ft. Madison! I don't know about the new prison though.

I don't think his show has been on for awhile. I have it on video, but don't think that will help you much
    You seem nice enough. However, I know plenty of drunks and addicts who don't kill for their next fix. The fact he did, speaks to a large character flaw that I'm not sure can be overcome.

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post
    You seem nice enough. However, I know plenty of drunks and addicts who don't kill for their next fix. The fact he did, speaks to a large character flaw that I'm not sure can be overcome.

This is true, but then not every addict robs pharmacies, either, and in that thread people couldn't kiss his sister's ass enough when she said what a good guy he is. That thread made me wanna puke.

This is true, but then not every addict robs pharmacies, either, and in that thread people couldn't kiss his sister's ass enough when she said what a good guy he is. That thread made me wanna puke.
    Agreed, was it an armed Robbery? If he just stole stuff, it doesn't compare to murder.

Agreed, was it an armed Robbery? If he just stole stuff, it doesn't compare to murder.
    Absolutely. The sister would love you.

Absolutely. The sister would love you.
    I didn't say it was ok, just not the same. Apples and oranges, really.

I didn't say it was ok, just not the same. Apples and oranges, really.
    It wasn't orginally. My point was simply that people flocked to kiss the ass of a screaming sister who came in calling us names and saying her brother was a wonderful, fantastic family man and great human being who is misguided and somehow accidentally fell into addiction which forced him to turn to a life of crime THIS WEEK, while this lady is just saying that this man who killed someone 25 years ago did a terrible thing and knows it and feels horrible about it and knows he should be punished, yet someone comes in here, does a psychoanalysis on his actions and deems him unsalvagable. That was my point and I'm not discussing it any further.

Ah, but I didn't say he killed for his next fix. He and Gary went with Mr. Eaton to his house because he told Gary he had alcohol at his apartment. According to the prosecution, they killed him to steal his wallet. However, there is a lot more to the story than that.

Quote Originally Posted by greengirl6773 View Post
    Ah, but I didn't say he killed for his next fix. He and Gary went with Mr. Eaton to his house because he told Gary he had alcohol at his apartment. According to the prosecution, they killed him to steal his wallet. However, there is a lot more to the story than that.
    Okay they killed him for his wallet or because he was gay. None of this mitigates what he did, it really only makes it worse.

It wasn't orginally. My point was simply that people flocked to kiss the ass of a screaming sister who came in calling us names and saying her brother was a wonderful, fantastic family man and great human being who is misguided and somehow accidentally fell into addiction which forced him to turn to a life of crime THIS WEEK, while this lady is just saying that this man who killed someone 25 years ago did a terrible thing and knows it and feels horrible about it and knows he should be punished, yet someone comes in here, does a psychoanalysis on his actions and deems him unsalvagable. That was my point and I'm not discussing it any further.
    I was not in that thread, so I haven't had an opinion on that. I can say, however, I'd rather live next to someone who stole pills rather than someone who committed a brutal murder.

I'm curious about how much the "gay" part even factored in in 1988.

The whole point of jail is to punish you and make you go 'geez, I wish I hadn't thrown my life away and been such a horrible person'. It's not to be like 'aw you feel bad! Go be free!' The nature of it is punishment. If he feels bad, then it's doing its job, not undermining his need to be there. It's not JUST a holding cage for monsters.

I'm curious about how much the "gay" part even factored in in 1988.
    Don't know. People still kill people in 2011 because of their sexual orientation. It happens.

I would say it would be MORE of a factor in 1988 than it would now, post-Matthew Shephard.

Don't know. People still kill people in 2011 because of their sexual orientation. It happens.
    Really? I had no idea. Also no idea what that has to do with my question. Stop trying to pull my posts off topic please.

In 1988 to me it seems more likely they jury was going Yes! Killed a faggot! than calling it a hate crime, and that is my question, whether or not that was really a big prosecutorial point. I think only the people who were there or read the transcripts would know that for sure.

Really? I had no idea. Also no idea what that has to do with my question. Stop trying to pull my posts off topic please.

In 1988 to me it seems more likely they jury was going Yes! Killed a faggot! than calling it a hate crime, and that is my question, whether or not that was really a big prosecutorial point. I think only the people who were there or read the transcripts would know that for sure.
    Certainly haven't been trying to pull your posts off topic. Asking if him being gay factored into it gave me zero information about what you were apparently were asking in this post. Wow.

Certainly haven't been trying to pull your posts off topic. Asking if him being gay factored into it gave me zero information about what you were apparently were asking in this post. Wow.
    Well, I don't remember for sure what the climate for gays was here in Iowa in 1988. However, not living under a rock and all, I am aware that people are killed for that in 2011. Just didn't really get how that was pertinent. *shrug*

Well, I don't remember for sure what the climate for gays was here in Iowa in 1988. However, not living under a rock and all, I am aware that people are killed for that in 2011. Just didn't really get how that was pertinent. *shrug*
    Sorry, I honestly wasn't questioning your intelligence. I don't really know you, but you have smart/funny things to say. : )

Okay they killed him for his wallet or because he was gay. None of this mitigates what he did, it really only makes it worse.
    I didn't say they killed him for either, nor have I tried to mitigate what he did.

I definitely would not call this brutal. Of course, any murder is horrible, but in this case, the victim was stabbed ONE time!

Thread Information