Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gary Titus and Billy Green

Gary Titus and Billy Green

On the night of February 12, 1988 Ken Eatonpaid a visit to the Des Moines cruising scene, know to locals as the "gay loop." Ken mistakenly fell in with two homophobic, cowardly killers, Gary Titus and Billy Green. After talking for a while Ken invited the two men back to his apartment, apparently under the impression that they would have drinks and then, perhaps, sex. At some point in the early hours of the 13th the two men brutally stabbed Ken Eaton to death. They then stole several minor items, including some clothes and an old VCR. While incarcerated, Titus' younger brother came out as gay to his killer-brother. Titus has since found god. Both killers are serving life sentences without the possibility of parole.
    Last edited by bonita; 09-19-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Some chick is trying to get Billy Green out. I'm guessing she's not having much luck.

http://www.billygreen.net/index.html

I guess it's his wife. She wrote him a letter in March 2006 and they married in September 2006. A lunachick.
    Last edited by deeply shaded; 09-20-2011 at 04:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

jesus, that commisary list is ridiculous!!!

Him complaining about prison is gay. Full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by HyperU2 View Post
    Him complaining about prison is gay. Full circle.
    It pisses me off when scum like this whines about the conditions in prison. I know without killing someone and going to prison that I wouldn't like it there, so I let people live and I stay out of prison. It's a plan that has worked well for me so far.

There was a lot of talk not long ago about the people in Iowa prisons who committed their crime when they were minors and got life without parole and how they should be turned loose, but I haven't heard anything lately and don't know what's going on with that.

Eye for an eye. Why should someone that murdered someone be allowed to live their life how they like when they denied someone else theirs. His wife needs a real head shake.

Before making such wide assumptions as you all have in this thread why don't you first look to the FACTS of this case.

Quote "Eaton paid a visit to the Des Moines cruising scene, know to locals as the "gay loop". His teen daughter was asleep in his apartment when he brought these two teens to his home and gave them illegal drugs AND alcohol - they were both already intoxicated and he offered them more PLUS drugs.

What kind of parent goes and "cruises" for strangers, picks up two intoxicated young men and then brings them into his home where his child is sleeping??? "Mistakenly fell in with"?? He knew exactly what he was doing - he wanted to have sex with a couple of young men and went looking.

Eaton was a public school teacher. So he goes out at night cruising for strangers to have sex with - offering them alcohol and drugs - and then goes to teach our children the next day?? I'll pass on someone like that teaching my children.

Quote "the two men brutally stabbed Ken Eaton to death." ONE stab wound - read the trial transcripts. One stab wound yet two young men are sentenced to life without parole? Titus didn't stab him. Eaton brought these two strangers into his apartment, offered them alcohol and drugs then went into his bedroom, took his clothes off and came out naked wanting to have sex with these two young men WHILE his teenage daughter slept in her bedroom.

Does everyone on this thread really believe he did not put himself and his daughter's life and/or safety at risk by going out LOOKING for strangers to bring home and drink and do drugs with and his ultimate goal was to have sex with them?

I am NOT saying he deserved to be killed but wouldn't most any reasonable, thinking, morale person THINK a bit before they put themselves AND their child at this kind of risk? A portion of the responsibility goes to these two young men but what about the responsibility of an older mature person, a PARENT, who was also entrusted to educated our children. Do you really believe his behavior was acceptable and appropriate??? Too bad he didn't stay home with his daughter that night OR would have looked for a mature way to look for a partner that did not involve cruising and looking for strangers, giving them alcohol and drugs.

If these two men were "two homophobic, cowardly killer" why did they leave the young teenager daughter untouched asleep in her bed?? They knew she was there. I do not believe and the facts do not prove these two young men were "homophobic, cowardly killers". These were two teenagers out drinking way more than they should have (where did they get all that alcohol?) who were approached by a "mature" adult promising to give them alcohol and illegal drugs and then taking complete strangers into his home. "Cowardly killers" most certainly have killed the daughter too I would think.

An "eye for an eye"?? Really - in our society? I don't think so. If these were two rich young men they would NOT be in prison. It appears the only reason they were labeled "homophobic" was because mr. eaton was gay - pretty circular reasoning.Billy was the one who stabbed him - Mr. Green apparently had been raped as a child by a man - so here he is highly intoxicated, taking drugs and loses control.

I DO think these two young men should have been punished. But life in prison! There was no premeditation - they did not go out with a weapon and plan to kill someone or even rob someone. Look at parole records of people who DO intentionally get a weapon and go looking to kill another person - for money, drugs,personal reasons where they think they have been wronged- they are out in 5 to 15 years - not life in prison. They have been n prison since 1993 - 23 years for something they did when they were not legally adults and also for an act that only one of them actually physically committed.

I can only imagine a young single mother picking up two young men on the street and bringing them into her home with her children and being defended like this. She would be crucified. She would have "got what she deserved", "what a terrible parent - picking up random men for sex and drinking and doing drugs with them".

Read the trail transcripts and then rethink what happened here - it might make you look at this situation a little different. If this would have happened in Texas these two men would have been released YEARS ago. Planned, premeditated murder where the person takes a weapon to the scene and plans to kill don't serve life in Texas or several other states.

I'm good with them being in prison for life. Him being a piece of shit doesn't negate their crime and them being pieces of shit.

I can only imagine a young single mother picking up two young men on the street and bringing them into her home with her children and being defended like this. She would be crucified. She would have "got what she deserved", "what a terrible parent - picking up random men for sex and drinking and doing drugs with them".
    Yes, completely disgusting assholes might use this argument to defend a violent, hate-fueled murder.

wait, so this guy found some random dudes, gave them some booze and drugs, they changed their minds and didn't want to have sex and killed them in their drunken/high state, but murder is murder and people are bitching?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawna View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue, seriously where is the fucking ring I gave Julie and ask her mom about the flowers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    In all fairness, we have no idea how big this dude's cock was.

wait, so this guy found some random dudes, gave them some booze and drugs, they changed their minds and didn't want to have sex and killed them in their drunken/high state, but murder is murder and people are bitching?
    I can't tell by this what side you're on.

If these two men were "two homophobic, cowardly killer" why did they leave the young teenager daughter untouched asleep in her bed??
    You're right, they're fucking heroes. GIVE EM A STATUE.

Quote Originally Posted by falways65 View Post
    Planned, premeditated murder where the person takes a weapon to the scene and plans to kill don't serve life in Texas or several other states.
    And in some states judges let serial child molesters go because they're too short to go to prison. That doesn't make it right.

In Iowa life means life. It's one of the things I love most about the state.

His daughter, Jen, started a foundation in her father's name. Here is her story.

http://healingheartsandopeningminds....ory/jens_story

That's why people should think before acting like monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by duckers View Post
    Eye for an eye. Why should someone that murdered someone be allowed to live their life how they like when they denied someone else theirs. His wife needs a real head shake.
    Point of fact: This is not an eye for an eye. Just sayin'

Before making such wide assumptions as you all have in this thread why don't you first look to the FACTS of this case.
    Are you the wife?

Quote "Eaton paid a visit to the Des Moines cruising scene, know to locals as the "gay loop". His teen daughter was asleep in his apartment when he brought these two teens to his home and gave them illegal drugs AND alcohol - they were both already intoxicated and he offered them more PLUS drugs.

What kind of parent goes and "cruises" for strangers, picks up two intoxicated young men and then brings them into his home where his child is sleeping??? "Mistakenly fell in with"?? He knew exactly what he was doing - he wanted to have sex with a couple of young men and went looking.

Eaton was a public school teacher. So he goes out at night cruising for strangers to have sex with - offering them alcohol and drugs - and then goes to teach our children the next day?? I'll pass on someone like that teaching my children.

Quote "the two men brutally stabbed Ken Eaton to death." ONE stab wound - read the trial transcripts. One stab wound yet two young men are sentenced to life without parole? Titus didn't stab him. Eaton brought these two strangers into his apartment, offered them alcohol and drugs then went into his bedroom, took his clothes off and came out naked wanting to have sex with these two young men WHILE his teenage daughter slept in her bedroom.

Does everyone on this thread really believe he did not put himself and his daughter's life and/or safety at risk by going out LOOKING for strangers to bring home and drink and do drugs with and his ultimate goal was to have sex with them?

I am NOT saying he deserved to be killed but wouldn't most any reasonable, thinking, morale person THINK a bit before they put themselves AND their child at this kind of risk? A portion of the responsibility goes to these two young men but what about the responsibility of an older mature person, a PARENT, who was also entrusted to educated our children. Do you really believe his behavior was acceptable and appropriate??? Too bad he didn't stay home with his daughter that night OR would have looked for a mature way to look for a partner that did not involve cruising and looking for strangers, giving them alcohol and drugs.

If these two men were "two homophobic, cowardly killer" why did they leave the young teenager daughter untouched asleep in her bed?? They knew she was there. I do not believe and the facts do not prove these two young men were "homophobic, cowardly killers". These were two teenagers out drinking way more than they should have (where did they get all that alcohol?) who were approached by a "mature" adult promising to give them alcohol and illegal drugs and then taking complete strangers into his home. "Cowardly killers" most certainly have killed the daughter too I would think.

An "eye for an eye"?? Really - in our society? I don't think so. If these were two rich young men they would NOT be in prison. It appears the only reason they were labeled "homophobic" was because mr. eaton was gay - pretty circular reasoning.Billy was the one who stabbed him - Mr. Green apparently had been raped as a child by a man - so here he is highly intoxicated, taking drugs and loses control.

I DO think these two young men should have been punished. But life in prison! There was no premeditation - they did not go out with a weapon and plan to kill someone or even rob someone. Look at parole records of people who DO intentionally get a weapon and go looking to kill another person - for money, drugs,personal reasons where they think they have been wronged- they are out in 5 to 15 years - not life in prison. They have been n prison since 1993 - 23 years for something they did when they were not legally adults and also for an act that only one of them actually physically committed.

Read the trail transcripts and then rethink what happened here - it might make you look at this situation a little different. If this would have happened in Texas these two men would have been released YEARS ago. Planned, premeditated murder where the person takes a weapon to the scene and plans to kill don't serve life in Texas or several other states.
    Windynuts, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by irishkat View Post
    Are you the wife?
    Nope, I'm the wife. I gave up trying to convince close-minded people to change their opinions years ago, but thought I would reply anyway.

First, I find it interesting you can come to such conclusions about me by knowing one detail of my life. I assure you I am not a "lunachick", nor do I need a good head shake.

I just happen to believe people should not be given up on. Mr. Eaton should not have been killed, but Billy does not deserve to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Since i have known him, he has always accepted 100% of the blame. He knows what he did was wrong. He knows what he should have done differently back then, but he was a young, stupid boy who was drinking too excess and only cared about where the next drink was coming from.

I could say so much more, but I will stop there. Just know he is not a monster and he feels horrible about what happened that night. He would give his life in a heartbeat to stop the pain Mr. Eaton, Jennifer and the rest of the Eaton family have been through.

Quote Originally Posted by greengirl6773 View Post
    Nope, I'm the wife. I gave up trying to convince close-minded people to change their opinions years ago, but thought I would reply anyway.

First, I find it interesting you can come to such conclusions about me by knowing one detail of my life. I assure you I am not a "lunachick", nor do I need a good head shake.

I just happen to believe people should not be given up on. Mr. Eaton should not have been killed, but Billy does not deserve to spend the rest of his life in prison.

Since i have known him, he has always accepted 100% of the blame. He knows what he did was wrong. He knows what he should have done differently back then, but he was a young, stupid boy who was drinking too excess and only cared about where the next drink was coming from.

I could say so much more, but I will stop there. Just know he is not a monster and he feels horrible about what happened that night. He would give his life in a heartbeat to stop the pain Mr. Eaton, Jennifer and the rest of the Eaton family have been through.
    This is very different from what the other poster was saying. She/he was blaming the victim and acting like everyone should be given plaques for resisting the urge to rape and murder Eaton's daughter.

A lot of killers say all that stuff. Let's just set them all free!

I don't know who the other poster is right now. I'm assuming it's someone who knows Billy because the fact that he was sexually abused is something very few people know. However, the OP made a couple of mistakes. Billy was sexually abused more than the OP knows and he has been incarcerated since 1988.

I never mentioned other killers. I'm sure many people who have killed someone should be locked up forever, but I don't know them, so I cannot comment. I do, however, know Billy. I know what kind of person he is and I know what he is capable of and not capable of. More important, I have talked to people who have spent time with him over the last 23+ years (inmates and COs). They are the ones who know what kind of a person he is.

And the man he killed spent time with him and would probably disagree that he's a great guy.

I do have a couple of questions. Was it first degree because they allegedly went with him with killing him in mind? And that was because he was gay? What proof did they have of that?

I also read that he had applied for parole. Is that true? Isn't the sentence for 1st degree murder in Iowa LWOP?

The other poster isn't doing your fella any favors. It's not the victim's fault he was murdered.

Also, just because people don't agree with you that doesn't make them closed minded. It makes you sound kinda closed minded to say that about others simply because they don't think your husband should be freed.

It was almost 24 years ago. No one is the same person they were. I would not say the same things about the person he was back then. As I said, all he cared about was where the next drink came from.

Again, I'm not blaming Mr. Eaton in any way for his death, but there was more that went on that night. I don't want to tarnish his memory by saying anything on here. And the bottom line is, he didn't deserve to die!

I don't know the official reason they went with 1st degree. I would assume it was the fact that Mr. Eaton was gay and it was thought to be a hate crime. That is the one thing I strongly disagree with. From my understanding, Gary Titus says he had issues with gay men, but Billy has told me he didn't. I know I've never heard him be anything but open to all people and he's had a lot of gay friends over the years. I believe Billy simply thought he was getting free alcohol that night and that's all he cared about. I also believe the fact that he was sexually abused by several men during his elementary and middle school years played a part that night.

Again, that doesn't mean Mr. Eaton deserved to die or that Billy didn't deserve a prison sentence. I just don't believe it should have bee life.

Iowa has LWOP, so there is no parole. Gary filed for a commutation several years ago and was denied. Billy has not applied yet. Until my kids and I came along, he wanted to spend the rest of his life in prison. Now that he has a family, he does want to get out. Will he? I don't know, but I'm going to do everything in my power to help!

We would love for him to get out and help kids who have the issues he had growing up. He has a very moving presence and people seem to look up at him, so I think he would be very good at it.

And I am sorry about the close minded comment. I should not have said that!

I still think you're a lunachick, but you seem like a really nice one.

Thread Information