Page 3 of 141 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Tess Damm (15) and Bryan Grove (17) were arrested in connection with the stabbing of Tess' mother

Re: Tess Damm (15) and Bryan Grove (17) were arrested in connection with the sta

She must be pretty messed up to be able to live with her dead mother for almost a month, and even partying all the freaking time like she did.

Re: Tess Damm (15) and Bryan Grove (17) were arrested in connection with the stabbin

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=5272.msg211160#msg211160 date=1172943108]
    I'm betting that if she had been diagnosed by a medical professional as being bipolar (not a simple task, it's not like there is a blood test for it), it will play a key role in her defense if she goes to trial for murder.  Here attorney is already claiming that she was an innocent child who is extremely distraught over the death of her mother.
    [/quote]

What, no blood test? Someone needs to get busy on that!  :lol: Sorry, I don't know why that struck me as funny, I know exactly what you mean. I've known several people who went for years with a lot of crazy behavior and they took forever to be diganosed bipolar. And the flip side of bipolar is periods of euphoria as intense as the lows of depression. Tess didn't seem to exhibit that, at least not on her MS. It's too bad she didn't have more family around. Sounds like she could have benefited from some alateen meetings, or considering the cached bogs, maybe she needed to go to AA herself. She seemed to be a typical child of an alcoholic in that she was constantly trying to straighten out her mother and make sure mom wasn't getting into any trouble. And when mom can't take care of herself, what Tess' motivation to care about staying in school or even getting up in the morning?

Re: Tess Damm (15) and Bryan Grove (17) were arrested in connection with the stabbin

[quote author=pixelcat13 link=topic=5272.msg211178#msg211178 date=1172943728]
    It's too bad she didn't have more family around. Sounds like she could have benefited from some alateen meetings, or considering the cached bogs, maybe she needed to go to AA herself. She seemed to be a typical child of an alcoholic in that she was constantly trying to straighten out her mother and make sure mom wasn't getting into any trouble. And when mom can't take care of herself, what Tess' motivation to care about staying in school or even getting up in the morning?
    [/quote]

Well, she did have an Aunt who tried to help her (guess the Aunts lucky she didn't become movable household decor too!)

"My aunt found out about my mom's alcoholism. We talked about it and we figured that moving out there to California to go to school for a year was my best bet. We were wrong. It was terrible. My aunt is a bitch! All the time. She yells every second and it just wasn't what I expected it to be."

My favorite quote from The True Crime Blog:
    "The couple seemed to think of themselves as a Romeo and Juliet for the Juggalo set."

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=5272.msg211190#msg211190 date=1172944146]
    Well, she did have an Aunt who tried to help her (guess the Aunts lucky she didn't become movable household decor too!)

"My aunt found out about my mom's alcoholism. We talked about it and we figured that moving out there to California to go to school for a year was my best bet. We were wrong. It was terrible. My aunt is a bitch! All the time. She yells every second and it just wasn't what I expected it to be."

My favorite quote from The True Crime Blog:
    "The couple seemed to think of themselves as a Romeo and Juliet for the Juggalo set."

[/quote]

I know.  :-)

Yeah, I wonder if the aunt really was a bitch or was just a big change from living with an alcoholic.

A couple of thew news articles talk about the dad, who lives in Wisconsin. He said he hasn't seen is daughter in 14 years, he attempted to contact her several times but heard nothing back. He plans to have to contact with her nor will he be participating in her trial. I love these guys that say tehy tried to contact their kids and the kids weren't interested, so fuck them. I mean Tess is only 15 now, who know how old she was last time he tried to contact her? I just don't see it being the child's responsibility to form a relationship with the parent. Sounds like a really nice guy. Apparently he and the mom were married for four years but only lived together for two years.

Okay, this article http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...391510,00.htmlsays dad gave permission for the police to intervieew Tess, who he has not seen since she was 4.

This article http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/mar...-without-bond/ says he doesn't plan to come to CO nor will he help her during the case.

And In my next post I'm posting a news article that is kind of long because if I link to it you will all have to go through the annoying account creation like I did to read it...

http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/mar...s-out-of-town/ You need to create an account  to read certain articles on this site.

Friends stunned by arrests in homicide case

Girl said mom was out of town

By Vanessa Miller (Contact), Ryan Morgan (Contact)
    Saturday, March 3, 2007

Tess Damm told a friend that her mom was "going out of town," just weeks before the 15-year-old was arrested in connection with her mother's homicide.

Cree Corley, 15, who describes herself as one of Damm's best friends, said she hasn't seen much of the "sweet" girl lately and only now appreciates the significance of the comment. Damm's mother may have been dead for at least a few weeks before her body was discovered Wednesday, sources close to the case said.

"(Tess) told me in early February her mom was going out of town," Corley said. "And later I realized, that's what she meant."

Damm, her boyfriend, Bryan Grove, 17, and Jared Smith, 16, were arrested Wednesday after police got a tip that Damm's mother, Linda Damm — who also went by the last name Juergens — had been killed inside her home, at 705 W. Brome Place in Lafayette.

News of the homicide stunned Corley and other family friends. Students and neighbors have been gossiping and battling a media circus since police vans first parked outside the Beacon Hill neighborhood home.

Tess Damm: 'Really sweet'

Corley said one of the last times she hung out with Tess Damm was about four weeks ago because they've grown distant since Damm started dating Grove.

"Before she met Bryan, she was really sweet," she said. "She cared about everything, she tried to do her best in school. After she met Bryan, she said, 'I have Bryan, that's all I need.'"

Much of the media coverage has painted Damm in a negative light, but Corley said that's unfair.

"This is all coming onto her as such a bad person, and it's not even that way," she said. "I can't even picture Tess sitting in a jail cell because she's so girly-girly and she needs her blow-dryer and brush."

Corley described Damm as an outgoing, positive girl who became withdrawn after she got together with Grove in late October. But Grove's friends said they didn't think he was a bad influence.

Grove: A 'teddy bear'

Jazmine Arzate, 19, graduated with Grove from Boulder Preparatory High School last year and said he was liked by all his peers.

"Everyone knew Bryan," said Arzate, who went to lunch with Grove often and would drive him home from school.

She said kids were drawn to him because of his individuality and unique perspective on life. In class, he was a great debater — always sticking to his points, Arzate said.

"That was pretty cool about him," she said. "He was always his own person. Nobody changed his way of thinking."

Grove, at 16, graduated high school early, and Arzate said he was planning to go to Front Range Community College and then maybe Metropolitan State College of Denver. His speedy graduation impressed Arzate, and she told him so.

His response: "I gotta get it done," she said.

Arzate said she couldn't imagine the big "teddy bear" hurting anyone. When she saw his face in the newspaper, Arzate said, "My mouth just dropped open."

"I don't believe Bryan would do something like that," she said. "I could not — honestly, really — even see Bryan killing a fly."

Still, she said he did have unshakable loyalty for those he cared about.

"He's the type of kid that if he likes you, he would do anything for you," she said. "If his girlfriend said it would be better ... I could see him doing that for his girl."

Although Arzate took him home from school occasionally, Grove never mentioned his parents or any family members, she said. Neighbors of Linda and Tess Damm said Grove seemed to live with them.

"He was always there," said Jennifer Buckhannan, who lives across the street.

She also saw Smith — the third teen arrested — at the house a lot. Smith played football and ran track at Lafayette's Centaurus High.

"He was over here all the time," Buckhannan said.

Buckhannan said Smith was there for much of Tuesday — the day before the three were arrested.

'I kept hoping it was someone else'

Buckhannan said it's been weeks since she's seen Linda Damm walking her golden retriever, "Buddy," strolling to get the mail, smoking outside her front door or backing her Subaru down the driveway. But she thought the woman was staying inside because of the poor weather.

In fact, Buckhannan said her husband helped Damm dig her car out after the last big snowstorm.

"Then Linda dropped by a six-pack of beer to thank him," she said.

That sort of quiet kindness epitomized Damm, Buckhannan said.

Damm had been married and divorced twice and retired from Rocky Flats in 2005 after working there 24 years. Co-workers said she was hard-working, pleasant and that she loved motorcycles — especially Harley-Davidsons.

One man, who worked across the hall from Damm, said she had a bike and would wear Harley-Davidson T-shirts. Michele Soule, who was at Rocky Flats with Damm in the 1980s, said the woman wouldn't talk about her personal life much, but she was smart, dependable and nice.

"She was an asset to our office," Soule said.

After hearing about the homicide, Soule said she couldn't believe it was the same Linda she worked beside.

"I kept hoping it was someone else," she said. "You can't believe that could happen to someone you know."

Contact Camera Staff Writer Vanessa Miller at (303) 473-1329 or millerv@dailycamera.com.

http://dailycamera.com/news/2007/mar...late-february/

Teen couple squabbled in late February

15-year-old Tess Damm complained of being 'used'

By Ryan Morgan (Contact)
    Saturday, March 3, 2007

Tess Damm and Bryan Grove — the teen couple arrested in connection with the slaying of Damm's mother — were in the habit of writing loving odes to one another on MySpace throughout their four-month relationship.

But by late February, when sources close to the investigation say Damm's mother — 52-year-old Linda Damm, also known as Linda Juergens — had been dead for days if not weeks, things had soured between the two. Neighbors said the couple was living together in Damm's Lafayette house, "coming and going at all hours of the night" and even car-surfing in the driveway in the weeks before the body was found.

Tess Damm, 15, titled a post she wrote Feb. 24 "Venting ... since nobody is around to (expletive) talk to me." The emoticon at the top of her page read: exhausted.

She blasted Grove, 17, for breaking a promise not to smoke more than three cigarettes a day.

"So how hard is it to keep a simple promise like that? How hard is it not to smoke for a little bit of time? How hard is it to suck it up around your friends and just tell them that your not going to smoke?" she wrote.

Farther down in the post, she added, "So lets talk about this fighting everday thing, its getting just a bit rediculous by now. See, I don't understand how two people who are 'in love' can have so many (expletive) fights in one day ... We fight over EVERYTHING, and don't tell me that we don't, because you know as well as I do that we both get really pissed off, really easily. But I don't see how we can fight over such stupid things, like cell phones, and who can take the car."

She criticized Grove for repeatedly storming off to spend time with his friends, leaving her alone in the house.

Damm appeared to get angrier and angrier as she wrote. The post ended in 36-point type: "AND I'M (expletive) DONE WITH GIVING YOU MONEY TO BUY (cigarettes)!... I'M TIRED OF IT! THATS (expletive) STUPID. SUPPORT YOUR OWN (expletive) HABIT! I'M NO LONGER JUST YOUR MONEY SOURCE. I DON'T DEAL WITH PEOPLE USING ME!"

Grove responded, admitting he'd promised to quit smoking: "But yeah I have no excuse for anything i do i truly dont, and you know how i feel about alot, the thing is im stupid ... if i were to change most my habbits we wouldnt be in this mess ... im sorry for everything ... but i just want to say i love you."

Damm fired back: "Is that going to be your excuse for everyhing? That your stupid? Or that your retarded? Why don't you ever just try (expletive) fixing things and maybe you wouldn't have to make up these gay little excuses. Whatever. I'm done."

Contact Camera Staff Writer Ryan Morgan at (303) 473-1333 or morganr@dailycamera.com.

[quote author=wailinkyrie link=topic=5272.msg211120#msg211120 date=1172941532]
    Now, this could be 20/20 hindsight, but Tess' blog reads like a very obvious "something dramatic is about to happen" plot in a play. anyone who says their world is deteriorating is opening up the possibility of well, murdering their close family. it doesnt sound like "normal" teenage angst to describe your life as deteriorating- her use of it is so descriptive and you feel the downward spiral in her writing- something was going to happen if she didnt have healthy support- just a shame it was this. 

this really reminds me of the martin sheen film from the 70's Badlands, in which the 14 year old girl gets herself an older man who finally one day snaps and kills the girl's pops before setting off on a crime-spree.  i kind of keep thinking about hte moment when the pops is killed, the girl barely cries, and yet feels it anyways but feels trapped into being with her boyfriend.  just an interesting little parallel  perhaps?
    [/quote]

That movie as actually based on the Starkweather/Fugate crime spree of the 50's.  http://www.crimelibrary.com/notorious_murders/mass/starkweather/index_1.html

I thought of that when I read this story as there are a lot of similarities.  Damn, I gotta make sure I don't piss off my daughter.

Re: Tess Damm (15) and Bryan Grove (17) were arrested in connection with the sta

"Teen couple squabbled in late February." Trouble in paradise? Then how come it was mom who ended up in the trunk?
    [quote author=Lexa]<br />MY FAV EVER NOOB!!!<br />[/quote][quote author=snipsnip]<br />I think it&#039;s illegal in 16 states to make me laugh as frequently as you do. :lol:<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=daybreaksdisdain]<br />You da Man[/quote]

[quote author=thanatos link=topic=5272.msg211224#msg211224 date=1172946264]
    &quot;Teen couple squabbled in late February.&quot; Trouble in paradise? Then how come it was mom who ended up in the trunk?
    [/quote]

Sounds like mom was already dead by then. I think a lot of times committing a crime together tends to take a toll on relationships...&nbsp; :-P

[quote author=pixelcat13 link=topic=5272.msg211228#msg211228 date=1172946606]
    Sounds like mom was already dead by then. I think a lot of times committing a crime together tends to take a toll on relationships...&nbsp; &nbsp;:-P
    [/quote]

I don't blame poor Tess for wanting Bryan to quit smoking.&nbsp; To a non-smoker the smell can be terrible.&nbsp; Even the stench of a rotting stinking corpse can't mask the odor.

[quote author=pixelcat13 link=topic=5272.msg211228#msg211228 date=1172946606]
    Sounds like mom was already dead by then. I think a lot of times committing a crime together tends to take a toll on relationships...&nbsp; :-P
    [/quote]

So much for bonding. Love just isn't what it used to be.&nbsp; :kiss3:
    [quote author=Lexa]<br />MY FAV EVER NOOB!!!<br />[/quote][quote author=snipsnip]<br />I think it&#039;s illegal in 16 states to make me laugh as frequently as you do. :lol:<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=daybreaksdisdain]<br />You da Man[/quote]

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=5272.msg211233#msg211233 date=1172947432]
    I don't blame poor Tess for wanting Bryan to quit smoking.&nbsp; To a non-smoker the smell can be terrible.&nbsp; Even the stench of a rotting stinking corpse can't mask the odor.
    [/quote]

:lol: Sounds like she was paying for them. Wonder where they were getting money? Sounds like her mom had lost her job and obviously no one was wondering why she didn't show up for work! Seriously though, it's sad that there was so one wondering what had happened to this woman. I mean yeah, eventually the neighbors started asking questions but didn't she have any friends or family that wondered where she went?

[quote author=pixelcat13 link=topic=5272.msg211245#msg211245 date=1172948297]
    :lol: Sounds like she was paying for them. Wonder where they were getting money? Sounds like her mom had lost her job and obviously no one was wondering why she didn't show up for work! Seriously though, it's sad that there was so one wondering what had happened to this woman. I mean yeah, eventually the neighbors started asking questions but didn't she have any friends or family that wondered where she went?
    [/quote]

that is really sad. really makes you wonder about the woman's life....
    You took my breath away... by strangulation.

that little bitch is one of the juggalos who used to send me death threats all the time, hahaha.

moral of the story: if you send me death threats, your boyfriend will kill your mom.

[quote author=Hotsauce Mcgilacuty link=topic=5272.msg211324#msg211324 date=1172957595]
    that little bitch is one of the juggalos who used to send me death threats all the time, hahaha.

moral of the story: if you send me death threats, your boyfriend will kill your mom. [/quote]

Huh? Why? Because your MS says you hate Juggalos? People send you death threats over that?

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=5272.msg211092#msg211092 date=1172939076]
    &quot;I got so pissed at my mom, she puts me under so much stress, honestly its insane, and I couldn't handle it and I freaked out, my Bi-Polarness came out.'

Hmmmm another bi-polar!&nbsp; Bi-Polarness does not just &quot;come out&quot;!&nbsp; Nor does it cause you to slit your Mom's throat.&nbsp;
    [/quote]

No Shit. My Step Monster was Bi-Polar and I have had friends and bandmates that were/are Bi-Polar. It's not just a oh I want it to happen today disease. But you know on Myspace people think its cool to be Bi-Polar, anorexic, pro-ana, bulemic, etc.,&nbsp; Or they accuse their parents of being stupid, alcholics, drug addicts, manic depressive etc. all for attention when they do not or never will have any of these problems.

I do find it odd however that none of her friends posted about her saying her mom was an alchie and that she was out moving around from home to home in different states even. And her Mom was strict?

[quote author=Ren link=topic=5272.msg210645#msg210645 date=1172901566]

[size=30pt]BAM![/size]
    Take THAT, visual sensory system!
    [/quote]

Oh sweet jesus you made me scream out loud and then fall into fits of uncontrollable laughter! Thank you!

my strict mother would never let a boy move in with me when i was still in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

[quote author=brie star link=topic=5272.msg211426#msg211426 date=1172968261]
    my strict mother would never let a boy move in with me when i was still in high school.

[/quote]

No kidding....Something just isn't right with this picture. Hmm maybe she thought she coudl keep her daughter from running the streets if she let Romeo move in?

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=5272.msg211461#msg211461 date=1172971744]
    No kidding....Something just isn't right with this picture. Hmm maybe she thought she coudl keep her daughter from running the streets if she let Romeo move in?

[/quote]

or, maybe the story about bryan's family is even more bizarro than tess's and her mum thought she was helping out by being hospitable? i dont know, kind of like a Roseanne scenario when David moves in.

By the way, have you sleuths dug up any information about Bryan's mysterious family that seems so out of the scenario? i think they might be a key.
    You took my breath away... by strangulation.

[quote author=brie star link=topic=5272.msg211426#msg211426 date=1172968261]

[/quote]

My NON- strict mother wouldn't even let boyfriend stay the night.
    I'm bi-polar (I've been diagnosed, I'm not just saying that for the myspace effect ha ha) my dad is an abusive alcoholic who drinks 24/7 (he goes to bed and wakes up all night to go have a beer, the man is never not drunk) and there have been times where I wanted to kill him, but I've never done it. I don't understand how you can not feel guilty after you've done it.
    [quote author=Mr. Formaldehyde]<br />I will wship YOU!!!1[/quote]<br />[quote author=LawChick]<br />I love you back whore. Don&#39;t forget it either.<br />[/quote]

[quote author=wailinkyrie link=topic=5272.msg211466#msg211466 date=1172972448]

By the way, have you sleuths dug up any information about Bryan's mysterious family that seems so out of the scenario? i think they might be a key.
    [/quote]

I am just guessing but I think talked to Bryan's father the last time I called tech support for my computer problems.

His myspace name is: www.myspace.com/blindian781.
    In a blog he states his 'new screename' blindian781 (blog dated Aug 28, 2006)

Interesting name....blindian 781....reverse those numbers and it's 187

He created his blindian781 myspace on Aug 29, 2006

Headline from his myspace.com/watthefuckwasthat account, last login 02/27(the day before they were arrested):
    &quot;My crime is being born, my life is still going, my death far away,&quot;

Makes me wonder if the numbers reversed was intentional, and if it was intentional why would he of done that back on Aug 28th? It was the day before he had to go to his assessment for potential jail time. Maybe trying to look tougher just in case he ended up in jail. Then he created the new myspace on the 29th.

Or....maybe he was just waiting for an opportunity to kill someone...and girlfriends mommy was a convenient inconvenience. Doesn't it seem just a bit too coincidental that he would have come up the 781 name thing just by chance and then ended up committing a 187?

[quote author=sbsweetypie link=topic=5272.msg211467#msg211467 date=1172972649]
    My NON- strict mother wouldn't even let boyfriend stay the night.
    I'm bi-polar (I've been diagnosed, I'm not just saying that for the myspace effect ha ha) my dad is an abusive alcoholic who drinks 24/7 (he goes to bed and wakes up all night to go have a beer, the man is never not drunk) and there have been times where I wanted to kill him, but I've never done it. I don't understand how you can not feel guilty after you've done it.
    [/quote]
    Have you told your friends that you are bi-polar?&nbsp; My daughter's best friend killed herself just after I told her my daughter was spending a sleepover at another friend's house.&nbsp; If I had known she was bi-polar I would have called her parents immediately because she was crying and in distress.&nbsp; As it turned out I called her sister who had her phone take the call on the answer machine.&nbsp; If she had answered the phone she might have saved her sister's life.

Thread Information