Thread: Austin Watts (20) died of head trauma after an accident while car surfing

Austin Watts (20) died of head trauma after an accident while car surfing

Autopsy: Man killed in car stunt died of head trauma

July 04, 2011|Staff report

A Hoffman Estates man who suffered fatal injuries after he and his friends attempted driving stunts in a Crystal Lake parking lot died from head trauma, an autopsy found today.
    Austin Watts, 20, was pronounced dead at 10:20 a.m. Saturday. An autopsy today found he died from head trauma suffered in the incident, said McHenry County Deputy Coroner Robert Locke.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...king-lot-stunt

A 20-year-old man injured when he apparently fell from the roof of a vehicle while “car surfing” Thursday night has died. Three teens have been charged with reckless driving in connection to the incident.
    The man, Austin Watts, of Hoffman Estates, died Saturday, according to the McHenry County Coroner’s office. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday morning, a deputy coroner said.

Police say Watts was riding on the exterior trunk and roof of a Dodge Neon and a 2002 Chevy Impala in a Wal-Mart parking lot at 1205 S. Rte. 31 in Crystal Lake about 11:30 p.m. Thursday.

He fell from the roof of the Impala, struck the pavement and sustained trauma to his head, a release from Crystal Lake police said. He was taken to Centegra Northern Illinois Medical Center in McHenry, where he was listed in critical condition.

Investigators learned Watts had been car surfing -- riding on the rooftops of vehicles -- before he fell from the car driven by 19-year-old Stephen D. Gallagher of Schaumburg, a release from police said.

Gallagher, Eva M. Carlock of Crystal Lake and a 17-year-old girl were simultaneously driving their vehicles in a “reckless manner” in the parking lot, police said. All three were arrested.

Carlock, 18, of Crystal Lake was charged with misdemeanor reckless driving, reckless conduct and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, the release said. She was released on bail and is scheduled to appear in court on July 19.

The 17-year-old girl from Crystal Lake was petitioned into juvenile court on the charges or reckless driving and unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia, the release said. She was released to her parents.

Gallagher, of 1806 Hemlock Place in Schaumburg, was charged with misdemeanor reckless driving and felony reckless conduct involving great bodily harm, the release said. He was taken to the McHenry County Jail to await a bond hearing.
    http://www.suntimes.com/6321677-417/...r-surfing.html
    Last edited by puzzld; 07-13-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Rip dumbass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Jason Vorhees is like, well, I guess that took care of itself. One less Crystal Lake teenager I have to murder.

What more is needed for this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by PatSmith View Post
    What more is needed for this guy?
    Nothing. That's why it's in "solved."
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    Nothing. That's why it's in "solved."
    To be fair, I moved it here after PatSmith bumped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    To be fair, I moved it here after PatSmith bumped it.
    Dammit! I was afraid of that after I posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Thread Information