Thread: Roslyn Stoinoff was beat to death by her uncle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Roslyn Stoinoff was beat to death by her uncle

Uncle beats infant niece to death in Colerain Twp.

COLERAIN TWP. - Police say Lanny Stoinoff, 24, beat his infant niece to death at a family member's residence in Colerain Township around 4 p.m. Tuesday.

Stoinoff was staying at the family member's home on Gosling Road where his sister was visiting with her 1-month-old, Roslyn. Stoinoff asked to hold the baby and after a short period of time began to violently beat the baby. Stoinoff's mother and sister tried to get him away from the infant, and both fled to a bedroom inside the home to call 911.

The baby was transported to Children's Hospital where she was pronounced dead from her injuries.

When police arrived at the scene, Stoinoff was in the front yard. He is charged with one count of aggravated murder, which is a felony of the first degree, and transported to the Hamilton County Justice Center to await arraignment.

Family members say Stoinoff recently received psychiatric treatment before staying at the residence.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/local_n...n-Colerain-Twp.

R.I.P Roslyn

Holy cow, how horrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    holy shit. I wonder what he had psych treatment for. I mean, obviously he's crazy, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

New mothers: Just say no!

Stranger at store: "Oh, what a cute baby, may I hold her?"
    You: No!

Neighbor: "Congrats on your bundle of joy! Here, let me hold her."

Psycho Uncle: "Let me get a good look at her. Gimme that baby!"

Poor Roslyn.

I don't know if I could have left the room without fighting Psycho Uncle or hitting him over the head with a vase or something until he released the baby. Why'd both of them leave the room to call 911?
    How horrible for the mother and grandmother to have to see that though.

Oh my God. This is horrible. Must admit, I'm wondering if he had a history of violent behaviour prior to this - but at the same time, most people are just not conditioned to believe their relative is going to murder their 1 month old baby. I think it's just too awful for most people to comprehend.

this article says something different.

Police: Man Asked To Hold Niece, Then Killed Her
    Lanny Stoinoff Had Been Hospitalized For Mental Evaluation Days Prior

COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- Colerain Township police said they arrested a man accused of killing a 1-month-old baby girl Tuesday afternoon.

Hamilton County deputies said they responded to a call about a man who was beating his sister's infant daughter at about 4 p.m.

Police said that the baby's mother was visiting her brother, Lanny Stoinoff, 24, at the family home on Gosling Drive.

Deputies said family members told them Stoinoff asked if he could hold the baby. Stoinoff held the baby for a short period of time, and then, witnesses said he began to violently beat the infant.

Two 911 calls were placed asking for help.

In the first 911 call, the baby's mother is hysterical and shouting at the 911 operator to send help.

"My brother threw (the baby). She's dead. She's dead. She's not breathing," she told the operator.

In a second 911 call, a man said that the baby's grandmother took the baby into another house and locked the door. The grandmother, who the caller said was a nurse, was attempting to perform CPR on the child.

The male caller told the operator that Stoinoff was not armed, but said, "He had some mental issues and he was committed like for seven days, and they released him. And he moved out of his house. He was living over here."

During the second call, the mother continues to be heard in the background, crying and screaming, "Where are they? … Where is the ambulance? ... Don't they know there's a baby dying?"

According to the caller, when firefighters arrived, they initially went to the wrong house.

Roslyn Stoinoff, the infant victim, was transported to Cincinnati Children's Hospital by the Colerain Township Life Squad, where she was pronounced dead.

Lanny Stoinoff was charged with first-degree aggravated murder. He waived an initial appearance on Wednesday and his case will go before a grand jury on July 22.

Bond was set at $1 million.

Events Led To Baby's Death

WLWT has learned more about the events that led up to the girl's death.

According to a police report, on June 26, the Butler County Sheriff's Office stopped Stoinoff and observed blood in the vehicle. Stoinoff told deputies that he stopped suddenly, causing his dog to go through the sunroof of the vehicle. "Lanny then stated he had to cut the leg off the dog," the report stated.

The following day, officers from the North College Hill Police Department went to Stoinoff's home at the request of Butler County deputies.

Officers said Stoinoff's father was there when they arrived and said he planned to take him to a doctor's appointment. "Lanny's father advised officers that Lanny suffered a mental illness and had not been taking his medication," the report stated.

Officers went into Stoinoff's home. "As officers followed Lanny into the basement, a large amount of blood was observed on the floor and walls in multiple rooms. In one room, a bloody kitchen knife was located and a bloody paw print was observed on the wall," the report stated.

"When asked about the blood, Lanny stated it could be human blood or dog blood," the report stated. Officers said they then began treating the home as a homicide scene and began trying to contact Stoinoff's girlfriend.

Tests by Cincinnati police determined that the blood was not human and Stoinoff's girlfriend was located.

According to the report, Stoinoff told officers "his dog got mean so he had to kill it." He said the Colerain Township Fire Department had cremated the dog. But according to the police report, a Colerain Township officer responding to an open burn along Miami River Road observed a man fleeing the scene. "In the fire, the remains of the dog were located," the report stated.

Officers said they advised Stoinoff that he was going to be taken to University Hospital for a mental evaluation, but he initially refused. "After speaking with Lanny further, he voluntarily was transported," the report stated, but witnesses and police confirmed that Stoinoff was handcuffed at the time.

"Once at the hospital, Lanny advised a nurse that he killed the dog because it had demons in it," the report stated.

Officers said three shotguns were located inside Stoinoff's home. The guns were "taken for safekeeping until Lanny's father could retrieve them," the report stated.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/28529026/detail.html

Police: Uncle Beat One Month Old Baby Girl To Death

A Hamilton County judge set bond at one million dollars this morning for a man accused in the beating death of his infant niece in Colerain Township. 24 year old Lanny Stoinoff is facing a charge of aggravated murder after the attack on Tuesday afternoon.

Colerain Township Police and Hamilton County Sheriff's Deputies say Stoinoff's family told them that he asked to hold his niece, four week old Roslyn Stoinoff, at a home on Gosling Drive around 4 p.m. Tuesday. He then began to violently beat the infant. Stoinoff's sister and mother tried to get the little girl away from him, but could not overpower him. Stoinoff then allegedly threw the child against a wall.

After the beating, Stoinoff apparently went outside by the pool while the other members of the family locked themselves in a bathroom and called 911. During the 10 minute call to dispatchers, an unidentified male frantically tells rescuers, "Somebody just killed a baby. Where is the baby right now? I don't know where the baby is. We're hiding in here because he's trying to, he's going after everybody. I need to know, I need to make sure the baby is okay. No, the baby is dead!"

Roslyn Stoinoff was taken to Children's Hospital where she died.

Family members told officers that Lanny Stoinoff had recently been receiving psychiatric treatment. He is behind bars at the Hamilton County Justice Center. He did not appear in court on Wednesday.

Local 12 is following this story and we'll have more later today on Local 12 and Local12.com.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...iAP3Flr-Q.cspx

Ugh. :/

I know it's not much but through looking at her friends talk about this tragedy, I located the baby's mother's Facebook. Private, but she may just be one of the three in the picture. No pictures of the baby that I can find.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1525173253

Consensus on FB regarding her brother is that he's an ass and has been since school.

"Was beat"? I see the English language was also killed.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Officers said three shotguns were located inside Stoinoff's home. The guns were "taken for safekeeping until Lanny's father could retrieve them," the report stated.
    Man, this could have been a lot fucking worse!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Man, this could have been a lot fucking worse!
    I don't know, dude. This is pretty effin bad. i'm still wondering why these people let him near the baby in the first place. I mean, he killed his dog (god only knows wtf he did to the poor thing) and set its remains on fire. Only a psycho would do something like that. But then "sure, man. Here. Hold my kid."? Uh. No.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    I don't know, dude. This is pretty effin bad. i'm still wondering why these people let him near the baby in the first place. I mean, he killed his dog (god only knows wtf he did to the poor thing) and set its remains on fire. Only a psycho would do something like that. But then "sure, man. Here. Hold my kid."? Uh. No.
    Yea, with a shotgun he can kill you and the baby with one trigger squeeze. Nah, getting those guns away saved lives. I mean, it's just my assumption of the worst, but I can't imagine leaving them there would have meant a better outcome.

He kind of looks like Bevis and Channing Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Yea, with a shotgun he can kill you and the baby with one trigger squeeze. Nah, getting those guns away saved lives. I mean, it's just my assumption of the worst, but I can't imagine leaving them there would have meant a better outcome.
    Well, yeah. it was definitely a good idea to take the guns away. Damn, this dude is nuts. I want to know more about his history of mental issues. I still can't believe that someone let him near their kid. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post

Well, yeah. it was definitely a good idea to take the guns away. Damn, this dude is nuts. I want to know more about his history of mental issues. I still can't believe that someone let him near their kid. Ugh.
    in one of the article's it says is a paranoid schizophrenic and off his meds. http://communitypress.cincinnati.com...sey=nav%7Chead

He kind of looks like Bevis and Channing Tatum.

Well he didn't have a history with babies. Now letting him around the dog at that point would be a bad move.

Uh. There is no way i'd let someone near my kid after that shit. Nooooo wayyyyyy. baby jesus himself could come down from heaven and kill a dog, and i'd keep him away from my child.

he is*

Benefit and memorial set up for infant killed Tuesday

CINCINNATI - Friends and family have set up a memorial fund and plan to hold a benefit on behalf of 1-month-old Roslyn Stoinoff, who police say was beat to death by her uncle.

Lanny Stoinoff is facing charges of Aggravated Murder in Roslyn's death and is currently held at the Hamilton County Jail on a $1 million bond. The county coroner said Roslyn died due to blunt impact to her head and torso. The report went on to say she had multiple fractures and injuries of the brain.

Friends of the Stoinoff family have organized a memorial fund in Roslyn's name and are also organizing a benefit which will be held July 24. The benefit will begin at 7:00 p.m. at the CCAA Facility on Springdale Road.

A Memorial Fund for Roslyn Noelle Stoinoff is being set up at US Bank, starting Friday July 15. The family says donations can be made at any US Bank branch.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_...killed-tuesday

Thread Information