Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Hansen shot Melissa Barnes in the head

Paul Hansen shot Melissa Barnes in the head

Party hostess fatally shot in the head in Newberry Twp.
    ELIZABETH EVANS The York Dispatch
    Updated: 06/13/2010 10:44:30 AM EDT

A Newberry Township woman hosting a party at her home was fatally shot Saturday night while trying to defend a guest being assaulted by a band member, police said.

A man at the party then tackled the shooter, who was arrested by responding officers, Newberry Township Police Chief John Snyder said.

Melissa Barnes, 28, of 555 Stevens Road, suffered a gunshot wound to the head and was pronounced dead at York Hospital at 4:23 a.m. Sunday, Acting York County Coroner Claude Stabley said.

Stabley said he will not officially rule on the cause of manner of Barnes' death until after an autopsy is completed Tuesday morning at Allentown's Lehigh Valley Hospital.

The alleged shooter, Paul Nelson Hansen, 29, of 351 S. Queen St. in York City, is charged with homicide, aggravated assault, making terroristic threats, reckless endangerment and four counts of simple assault. He was denied bail and will remain in York County Prison.

Newberry Township Police were called to the scene about 9:20 p.m. Saturday.

What happened: Charges were filed by Snyder, who said witnesses at the party told officers that Hansen -- who was a member of the band playing at the party -- had been fighting with party guest Holly McMichael, no age or address available.

During the altercation, Hansen grabbed McMichael by the arm and placed her in a "pain-compliance maneuver," then "informed her that he was going to snap her neck," according to Hansen's arrest affidavit.

"Melissa Barnes saw
    Advertisement
    this and came to the girl's aid," Snyder said. "She was friends with the girl."

Barnes began pushing Hansen, who warned her, "Don't push me again," according to the chief.

That's when Hansen pulled a Smith & Wesson .40-caliber handgun from his waistband and shot Barnes in the head, Snyder said.

"He was tackled by another person at the party," Snyder said. When officers got to the home, they found Hansen standing in the street and arrested him, charging documents state.

At the police station, Hansen confessed to shooting Barnes, documents state.

When Hansen shot Barnes, there were three other party guests close by who were in danger of death or injury, police said.

It's been six years since the last homicide in Newberry Township, Snyder said.

I knew Melissa through mutual friends and this happened right down the road from me. I can not believe this coward would shoot a woman in the head for defending another woman! This man should never see the light of day.

His Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/krazynorseman

his status bothers me.. "Im ready to give up on life. Embrace the pain and say goodbye to all my sorrows"  :2angry:

Re: Paul Hansen shot Melissa Barnes in the head

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar

[quote author=steelerschick84 link=topic=25691.msg1646540#msg1646540 date=1276464713]

I knew Melissa through mutual friends and this happened right down the road from me. I can not believe this coward would shoot a woman in the head for defending another woman! This man should never see the light of day.

His Myspace - http://www.myspace.com/krazynorseman

his status bothers me.. "Im ready to give up on life. Embrace the pain and say goodbye to all my sorrows"  :2angry:
    [/quote]

he's a fuckin douchebag. 

one of his blogs...

Friday, September 11, 2009 
    The old me was an asshole but I truely believe that people can change
    Current mood:  bummed
    Category: Life
    I know that over the past couple of years I have managed to meet alot of great and amazing people and musicians. I have also met my fair share of drunks and assholes. I truely believe in my heart of hearts that I am a really good person with alot to offer to others. However my actions don't always show that and for that I am guilty. Over the years I have had alot of fun, (too much fun insome regards) but it has come with a price. That price has been the friendship, respect , and my own selfishness and ego. I know I've prided myself on mt musical abilities and been complimented by others quite a bit. This does not mean that I should treat others as if they are beneath me and not on the same level. I know I can be hot headed and not always the easiest person to work with but the difference between me and others is I KNOW my flaws while others fail to recognize their own. That being said I've noticed alot of my so called friends whcih shall remain nameless have all but alienated me and everytime I show up or they see me they smile and then systemattically blow me off as if I'm not worthy of their friendship or they don't want to be seen with me in public. I know I've burned alot of bridges in some ways but if your my friend then act like it and if not stop being a bitch and speak up! I know I wasn't always honest to alot of other people as well and for that I'm truely sorry. They say that it takes a tragady to put things in your own life into perspective and to appreciate life and all it holds and you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Well it's true. For those of you who don't know I injured my back a few months ago and have been dealing with it since April. My wife almost left me and we've since patched things up. I almost lost my house. I could go on and on with this but I won't. The fact is I've changed my heathonstic ways and feel like a better person for it. For all my fellow musicians out there who invite me out to your shows I'm sorry if I don't come out and support you but money is tight right now and I really don't drink or party much like I used to of go out and get trashed and stuff like that. My family comes first. After reading this in closing I ask that anyone wishing to leave me a comment or messege please do so and be HONEST with me. Thanks for your time. 
    :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

His top "friend" was the band Disorderly Conduct which I'm trying to see if it's his band or not.

This was their latest blog entry:
    Monday, June 07, 2010 
    THIS SATURDAY JUNE 12 THE BACK YARD BASH W/GRIND
    Category: Parties and Nightlife
    GRIND AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT
    newberrytown/york haven pa
    ..... GET UR TICKET BEFORE I AM NOT SELLING THEM ANY MORE... IT IS $25.00 A HEAD AND ALL U CAN EAT AND DRINK CALL ME FOR A TICKET. 717-443-2112. THANKS MELISSA
    there will also be a WET TSHIRT CONTECT tatto and a girl that throws fire at dark... all kinds or raffels and washer tourment.
    SO DON'T WAIT IT'S THIS SAT CALL MELISSA FOR TICKETS NOW
    THIS SAT JUNE 11 AT THE BACK YARD BASH 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

What kind of neighborhood did these people live in that the "party hostess" was charging to get in and serving drinks and having wet t-shirt contests?

Link to article? 
    born to be down

Disorderly Conduct is his band.

Here is the link to their little get together http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...ogId=535515601

THIS SATURDAY JUNE 12 THE BACK YARD BASH W/GRIND
    Category: Parties and Nightlife
    GRIND AND DISORDERLY CONDUCT
    newberrytown/york haven pa
    ..... GET UR TICKET BEFORE I AM NOT SELLING THEM ANY MORE... IT IS $25.00 A HEAD AND ALL U CAN EAT AND DRINK CALL ME FOR A TICKET. 717-443-2112. THANKS MELISSA
    there will also be a WET TSHIRT CONTECT tatto and a girl that throws fire at dark... all kinds or raffels and washer tourment.
    SO DON'T WAIT IT'S THIS SAT CALL MELISSA FOR TICKETS NOW
    THIS SAT JUNE 11 AT THE BACK YARD BASH 2010

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646561#msg1646561 date=1276469932]
    What kind of neighborhood did these people live in that the "party hostess" was charging to get in and serving drinks and having wet t-shirt contests?
    [/quote]

Wtf Man

I've been to lots of parties where someone ponies up for a couple kegs, gets a band and charges a few bucks at the door.

Wet t shirts are a bonus.

We used to hold big parties outdoors, would shoot a couple pigs, get a few kegs, have a barbeque, 5 or 6 bands, charge 20 bucks for the whole day, wristband people over 21 and gave away beer.  We made good money.
    What's the problem?

Why is it any different than paying at the door, or passing around a hat a party.... surely you have done that?

Where I live, if you charge total strangers to drink at your house, you need a liquor license. It is called a bar.  This wasn't a pass around the hat for your friends to chip in get together.

It was a planned advertised party inviting total strangers to come to your house where they pay and you feed drink and entertain them.

Party party party.  But do it in a business district.  How would you like your neighbors to decide to go into business for themselves and have an unlicensed unregulated neighbor from hell house next to you?  With drunken strangers NOBODY knows milling around.  I'll bet she didn't have valet parking either.

If it sounds cool now, think of your little girl or grandma trying to rest with some stranger urinating next to her bedroom window at 2 a.m. after the wet t-shirt contest.

Did you look at York Haven Pa.... It's rural as hell man.....  not everyone lives in town.....

For all you know there isn't a neighbor close.  You made 2 posts just to make judgments about a victim without knowing shit except for a myspace ad....?  Get real....

[quote author=steelerschick84 link=topic=25691.msg1646540#msg1646540 date=1276464713]
    Stabley said he will not officially rule on the cause of manner of Barnes' death until after an autopsy is completed Tuesday morning at Allentown's Lehigh Valley Hospital.
    [/quote]I'm going to go out on a limb and say COD is GSW.

[quote author=Mortis link=topic=25691.msg1646574#msg1646574 date=1276471605]
    Did you look at York Haven Pa.... It's rural as hell man.....   not everyone lives in town.....

For all you know there isn't a neighbor close.   You made 2 posts just to make judgments about a victim without knowing shit except for a myspace ad....?  Get real....
    [/quote]
    Right?  He must be one of her neighbors, kept awake by all the commotion.  :|
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I have no idea what the locals laws are about liquor licenses where this happened.  Nor do I know how large this particular plot of land is.

I do know that even in rural areas, unless considerable acreage is involved, the neighbors can be greatly inconvenienced by this type of thing....which is why laws exist to regulate this kind of thing when appropriate.

Even if the victim here was a party animal, by no means did I mean to imply that she wasn't a completely innocent victim in this case.  She seemed to be working security at her own party to protect a female guest.  However, a regular licensed bar with big burly bouncers might have had a less lethal outcome.

What kind of rock do you live under?

My husband has played plenty of basement shows - ones where there was NO alcohol being served even, and there was still a "door charge".  The money is used to provide refreshments (snacks and soda too, not just booze) AND throw the bands a few bucks.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646561#msg1646561 date=1276469932]
    [/quote]
    I know! And what's the rent like, right? :lol:
    I'll start looking at real estate online.

ETA: Nevermind. :lol:
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

People have 'benefits' all the time with food and beer. Do they need a liquor license for that? Serious question.

We used to have keggers out in the woods every year and charged to get in. The legalities could get pretty sticky I imagine when it comes to drunken people leaving and such, but we were kids and didn't care about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Look this back yard party was for her Friends.. she posted it on facebook to her friends. She had a couple of these and she would pitch in for local bands to come and play. I live in York haven.. i actually only live right down the street and Never did they ever bother anyone. She was very respectful and they just had fun. It was a nice hang out place and it is a shame that this had to happen.  People would pitch in to help pay for the band,food and drinks.  That is very typical for any party that I've been to.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=25691.msg1646618#msg1646618 date=1276477113]
    People have 'benefits' all the time with food and beer. Do they need a liquor license for that? Serious question.
    [/quote]Technically, probably so. But that doesn't mean they get them all the time.  :lol:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

[quote author=steelerschick84 link=topic=25691.msg1646669#msg1646669 date=1276479384]
    Look this back yard party was for her Friends.. she posted it on facebook to her friends. She had a couple of these and she would pitch in for local bands to come and play. I live in York haven.. i actually only live right down the street and Never did they ever bother anyone. She was very respectful and they just had fun. It was a nice hang out place and it is a shame that this had to happen.   People would pitch in to help pay for the band,food and drinks.  That is very typical for any party that I've been to.
    [/quote]

Howdy neighbor.  Busy week in York for shootings, but not that different from most weeks I guess.

I got the idea that this wasn't just a party for friends because the band is clearly selling tickets to anyone with $25, and her personal phone number was plastered all over the internet. 

This was a sad tragedy, and this young woman's life was a tragic loss.  However, not every 28 year old women would post their number on the web and open their home for $25 to all takers in exchange for "all you can eat and drink" and the lure of wet t-shirts.

It clearly seems from the news reports that Ms. Barnes was concerned for the safety of the female guest she died trying to protect.

About me:
    "I'm a pretty simple guy. I love playing music, I look for the good in everything and everyone. I beleive the best things in my life are yet 2 come"

I wonder if going to jail is what he meant by the "best things in my life"

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646879#msg1646879 date=1276516378]
    I got the idea that this wasn't just a party for friends because the band is clearly selling tickets to anyone with $25, and her personal phone number was plastered all over the internet. 

This was a sad tragedy, and this young woman's life was a tragic loss.  However, not every 28 year old women would post their number on the web and open their home for $25 to all takers in exchange for "all you can eat and drink" and the lure of wet t-shirts.

It clearly seems from the news reports that Ms. Barnes was concerned for the safety of the female guest she died trying to protect.
    [/quote]

She was a normal 28 Year old looking to have fun. She lived out in the country , no neighbors to distrub with her parties or trust me if they would've been so loud that we could hear them we would've called the cops.  She was having a good time with a bunch of local people and every comment you have made so far is against her for having this party. It was the party or any "strangers" from the interent. It was a member of the band who she paid to perform there. 

This guy should never be allowed out of jail, melissa was a sweet girl and she will be missed.

...........She was a normal 28 Year old looking to have fun. She lived out in the country , no neighbors to distrub with her parties or trust me if they would've been so loud that we could hear them we would've called the cops..............

Look, YOU weren't disturbed but other neighbors were.  Some of them had actually become fearful because of Melissa's partygoers on/near their property and animals in the past.  A few suspicious characters from her parties have acted improperly on/near the neighbors properties repeatedly in the past.

And to prove I know what I'm talking about...... the Barnes's got away with it with a cop living next door and someone on a township board living across the street

I'm sorry you lost Melissa.  I sincerely believe the good and light in her life was a great loss to her friends and family.....however it does not erase the fact that YES she WAS disturbing others with those parties.

[quote author=MkeGal65 link=topic=25691.msg1646968#msg1646968 date=1276534017]
    ...........She was a normal 28 Year old looking to have fun. She lived out in the country , no neighbors to distrub with her parties or trust me if they would've been so loud that we could hear them we would've called the cops..............

Look, YOU weren't disturbed but other neighbors were.  Some of them had actually become fearful because of Melissa's partygoers on/near their property and animals in the past.  A few suspicious characters from her parties have acted improperly on/near the neighbors properties repeatedly in the past.
    And to prove I know what I'm talking about...... the Barnes's got away with it with a cop living next door and someone on a township board living across the street

I'm sorry you lost Melissa.  I sincerely believe the good and light in her life was a great loss to her friends and family.....however it does not erase the fact that YES she WAS disturbing others with those parties.
    [/quote]
    So you ARE a disgruntled neighbor!  Seriously dude, drag out whatever stick you have stuck up your ass and get over it already.

And NO I am NOT a bitchy neighbor of Melissa's......run my IP, I live 1,000+ miles away.

Thread Information