Page 351 of 396 FirstFirst ... 251 301 341 349 350 351 352 353 361 ... LastLast
Results 8,751 to 8,775 of 9896

Thread: just movie talk...

Yeah, so far the list of movies we are for sure going to hit up: Byzantium, the worlds end, probably RIPD, The Wolverine (it's in my contract that I must see every x men movie no matter what) Elysium.....not so sure about pacific rim, to be honest. I hate giant robot movies.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Yeah, so far the list of movies we are for sure going to hit up: Byzantium, the worlds end, probably RIPD, The Wolverine (it's in my contract that I must see every x men movie no matter what) Elysium.....not so sure about pacific rim, to be honest. I hate giant robot movies.
    I know nothing about Byzantium, The Worlds End is obvious, RIPD looks like Men in Black, The Wolverine could be good or at the very least better than the last one, and Elysium has potential as well.

I'm with ya with Pacific Rim. I just can't get excited about it.

What about Enders Game? I know nothing about the book, but there is buzz for it.

Byzantium is a vampire movie by the guy who did The Crying Game and Interview with A Vampire.

Monster university was great! The teen and I enjoyed it so much.

grams suggestion for a saturday afternoon movie: the heat...

it's basically a die hard movie with female characters. she loved it! my 89 year old grandma loved a movie with the word 'fuck' in it about a bajillion times. i think she just really likes seeing women get the better of men. the old gal was rolling when sandra bullock's character shot the bad guy in the dick. i did not expect that reaction.

my parents sat in the back of the theater cringing at all the swear words, thinking grams was probably having a heart attack. nope. she is hoping they make a sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post

it's basically a die hard movie with female characters. she loved it! my 89 year old grandma loved a movie with the word 'fuck' in it about a bajillion times. i think she just really likes seeing women get the better of men. the old gal was rolling when sandra bullock's character shot the bad guy in the dick. i did not expect that reaction.

my parents sat in the back of the theater cringing at all the swear words, thinking grams was probably having a heart attack. nope. she is hoping they make a sequel.
    that's amazing
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Ani, your gma sounds awesome. Trade ya?
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    that's amazing

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Ani, your gma sounds awesome. Trade ya?
    nope... i think i'm gonna keep her.

I saw this movie this afternoon. Crowd was mixed age wise. I thought it was hilarious. Melissa McCarthy was awesome wit h her timing and the jokes re Sandra' s vagina were outrageously funny. I loved it!

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves" .. Confucius
    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation " ...... Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    I saw this movie this afternoon. Crowd was mixed age wise. I thought it was hilarious. Melissa McCarthy was awesome wit h her timing and the jokes re Sandra' s vagina were outrageously funny. I loved it!
    it's not a movie that i would have probably seen until it came out on tv, but it was surprisingly funny. McCarthy certainly is a cut-up.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I love Melissa McCarthy.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I have huge issues with Sandra Bullock. Not just that I find her acting obnoxious, but I hate that she was married to Jesse James and pretended that she TOTALLY DIDN'T NOTICE his enormous Nazi paraphernalia collection and fascination with Hitler. And then she adopted a black baby in a really transparent 'see how I'm not racist!' move.

I have huge issues with Sandra Bullock. Not just that I find her acting obnoxious, but I hate that she was married to Jesse James and pretended that she TOTALLY DIDN'T NOTICE his enormous Nazi paraphernalia collection and fascination with Hitler. And then she adopted a black baby in a really transparent 'see how I'm not racist!' move.
    i don't know anything about her or jesse james, my grandma filled me in on her marriage to him (who is he???), the black baby and the cheating with kat von whatever. she didn't say anything about them being a nazis... i think the only movie i've seen with bullock in it was 'speed'.

mccarthy, however... she was a fucking laugh riot! this is the first movie i've seen with her, and i may go back and watch the others. i'm not a huge fan of comedies, but maybe that will change.

i don't know anything about her or jesse james, my grandma filled me in on her marriage to him (who is he???), the black baby and the cheating with kat von whatever. she didn't say anything about them being a nazis... i think the only movie i've seen with bullock in it was 'speed'.

mccarthy, however... she was a fucking laugh riot! this is the first movie i've seen with her, and i may go back and watch the others. i'm not a huge fan of comedies, but maybe that will change.
    Check Melissa out in bridesmaids. That is like a Female Hangover movie ........ She stole that movie. I love her from her days in the Gilmore girls. Her comedic timing is great.

Check Melissa out in bridesmaids. That is like a Female Hangover movie ........ She stole that movie. I love her from her days in the Gilmore girls. Her comedic timing is great.
    bridesmaids? see now, that's just the kind of movie i'd never in a hundred years think to watch. it's pretty certainly one i wouldn't get... not because i doubt that it's funny, but i've never given two thoughts about being married, having a wedding, or even being involved in one. the references would go way over my head.

OH MY GOS THAT'S WHO SHE IS. hahhahah thank you, I kept trying to figure it out.

bridesmaids? see now, that's just the kind of movie i'd never in a hundred years think to watch. it's pretty certainly one i wouldn't get... not because i doubt that it's funny, but i've never given two thoughts about being married, having a wedding, or even being involved in one. the references would go way over my head.
    I hear you. I watched it because of her. And it is about female relationships, friendship, competition among females, how some are desperate to get married.

Again your grandma is the coolest and your affection for her clearly comes through in your posts about her.

I hear you. I watched it because of her. And it is about female relationships, friendship, competition among females, how some are desperate to get married.

Again your grandma is the coolest and your affection for her clearly comes through in your posts about her.
    yeah, i love that lady... but i've noticed that my posts have been very grandma laden because i spent the last 3 weeks at her house. no more grandma posts! i swear!

yeah, i love that lady... but i've noticed that my posts have been very grandma laden because i spent the last 3 weeks at her house. no more grandma posts! i swear!
    Please do not censor yourself by swearing off grandma posts ..... they are endearing.

The movie The Heat beat out White House Down this weekend earning 40 million ... nice to see a chick flick outdo the
    guys .....
    And I like Jamie Foxx and Tatum Channing

Please do not censor yourself by swearing off grandma posts ..... they are endearing.

The movie The Heat beat out White House Down this weekend earning 40 million ... nice to see a chick flick outdo the
    guys .....
    And I like Jamie Foxx and Tatum Channing
    it's not that - she and i went our separate ways yesterday. no more fodder.

Saw despicable me 2 with my grandsons ages 4 and 7 (and daughter who is chopped liver when grandkids are around)
    It was fun!

Ron, I finally got around to see Man of Steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    Ron, I finally got around to see Man of Steel.

Wait, so this is a good face?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Wait, so this is a good face?!?
    Yes and for future reference...

I loved the movie. I had chills many times. The first moment you see Jor-el looking out on Krypton, Clark ripping the door open on the oil platform, Superman attempting to fly up at the world engine.

And speaking of the last part, did you notice this? I thought Henry Cavill definitely looked like Christopher Reeve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-revealed.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    Yes and for future reference...

I loved the movie. I had chills many times. The first moment you see Jor-el looking out on Krypton, Clark ripping the door open on the oil platform, Superman attempting to fly up at the world engine.

And speaking of the last part, did you notice this? I thought Henry Cavill definitely looked like Christopher Reeve.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-revealed.html
    I know that shit, son!

I'm just shocked to see something positive in here.

I'm gonna back out now, before someone sees this......

Thread Information