Page 393 of 396 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 9896

Thread: just movie talk...

https://www.thewrap.com/no-one-saw-a...issouri-video/

The Ken McElroy Death Investigation Movie "No One Saw A thing" going to be released on August 1st.

Blumhouse Television and SundanceTV have debuted a new trailer for their upcoming true-crime docuseries, “No One Saw a Thing,” which examines an unsolved murder in a small town of Missouri.

“I was glad he was dead — killing him was the only way it was going to stop,” one voiceover says in the trailer.

“It’s one of America’s most puzzling murders,” another says. “It’s where they killed the town bully.”

Sundance describes “No One Saw a Thing” as examining an unsolved and mysterious death in the American heartland and the corrosive effects of vigilantism in small-town America. The case garnered international attention in the early 1980s after a resident was shot dead in front of almost 60 townspeople. These witnesses deny having seen anything, to this very day.

According to People, Ken McElroy was convicted of shooting and injuring a grocer in Skidmore, a town in Missouri, in 1981, but successfully appealed the conviction. He then resumed his harassment of the grocer, until he was shot dead the following day, in front of at least two dozen people. To this day, no one has been charged.

Israeli filmmaker Avi Belkin will direct and executive produce the six-episode show. Alexandra Shiva, Jason Blum, Jeremy Gold, and Marci Wiseman are also set executive produce; Mary Lisio is co-executive producer.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_McElroy

Nobody likes a bully. However, there are plenty of reasonable ways to deal with a bully — murder should not be one of those ways. According to the new trailer for No One Saw A Thing, though, some of the folks of Skidmore, Missouri saw murder as their only option in handling the "town bully," Ken McElroy, back in 1981. The whole town then basically just looked the other way, and the disturbing events that followed seemingly changed Skidmore forever. You're probably going to want to marathon this one.

According to the official press release for the forth-coming, six-part, true crime docu-series, No One Saw A Thing "examines an unsolved murder in the American Heartland and the corrosive effects of vigilantism in small town America." There were nearly 60 people who witnessed McElroy's death, all of whom "deny having seen anything, to this very day." And that's just the beginning.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
    The trailer for the series is ... well, it's wild, to say the least. Really wild. Wild in a way that definitely won't make you want to visit Skidmore anytime soon. (Sorry, Skidmore.) One might also describe it as unsettling. Disturbing, even. True crime entertainment at its finest.

The trailer opens with an aerial view shot of a small, rural town, surrounded only — on all sides — by vast, sprawling, flat plots of land. There are no sky-scrapers to be seen; no big city lights off in the distance. No car-clogged highways; no bodies of water; no nothing, just land, as far as the eye can see.

"I was glad he was dead," a woman's voice admits, as the camera zooms in closer towards the town of Skidmore. "Killing him was the only way it was going to stop."

Viewers are then shown a few brief clips from the news at the time, and it's revealed that McElroy's wife reportedly told police that she saw who killed her husband. "That was the one mistake that they made," a man says of the shooters. "That they didn't kill his wife. I would have killed his wife."

Another woman then looks into the camera, completely straight-faced and says, "I was proud they had killed him, because this town was so full of sin." Wait — was full of sin? McElroy may have been the reason behind some of the sinning in town before he was murdered, but all the sinning that then followed? Can't hold a dead man at fault for that.

SundanceTV/YouTube
    "They’re not glad people are asking about it, but I do think a lot of people are looking for closure," the series' director, Avi Belkin, told People of Skidmore's residents during a recent interview. "The new generation is kind of upset that this is still looming over the town."

Belkin then went on to explain that after spending two months in rural Missouri, "I started going deep into it and saw more violent acts that happened in that town," he told the outlet. "I was fascinated with this story. It really becomes a much deeper portrait of American society."

So, what else has gone down in Skidmore following McElroy's death? The series premieres on Aug. 1, so you'll just have to wait and see.

I want to see the new joker movie, it looks like it will be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    I want to see the new joker movie, it looks like it will be pretty good.
    Even though I thought the movie was a little out there, I think Joaquin Phoenix deserves an Oscar for his role. He did a wonderful job.

I read this movie grossed 1 billion at the box office.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Ad Astra suuuuuucks

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Good Boys was amazing. I laughed the whole time.

Anyone seen the newest Star Wars movie?

Even though I thought the movie was a little out there, I think Joaquin Phoenix deserves an Oscar for his role. He did a wonderful job.

I read this movie grossed 1 billion at the box office.
    He won a golden globe for best actor! He deserved it.

Has anyone seen the movie "Countdown"?
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Countdown is a 2019 American supernatural horror film directed and written by Justin Dec. The film stars Elizabeth Lail, Jordan Calloway, Talitha Bateman, Tichina Arnold, P.J. Byrne, Peter Facinelli, Anne Winters, and Tom Segura. The film follows a group of people who try to survive a mobile app that purports to tell its users when they are going to die. It was released in North America on October 25, 2019 by STX Entertainment, and received mixed to negative reviews from critics and has grossed $41.6 million worldwide.
    I didn't realize till the credits started rolling that I know the director of this movie.
    I worked with him on the set of "My Super Psycho Sweet Sixteen".
    He was an extras wrangler when we first met.
    I'm in awe of how far he's come since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    I don't have a thousand dollars hanging around to buy a fart in a jar lol.

Poor Nicholas Cage, you can tell he's lost his star power if he had to do a movie like "Color Out of Space".

The PARASITE is also good, a lot of lessons and reflection of the society.

my favorite movie is Amelie from Monmartre

If Redbox is going to start competing with Netflix, they need to hire better writers. I was forced into watching "Becky". They never explained wtf the key was for. Even when asked directly in the movie. They never said.

Don't watch the movie "you should have stayed" with Kevin Bacon in it. I thought that since he was so good in A Stir of Echos that he would be good in this movie. Nope it sucked.

Don't watch the movie "you should have stayed" with Kevin Bacon in it. I thought that since he was so good in A Stir of Echos that he would be good in this movie. Nope it sucked.
    What is it about? Never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

I was interested in seeing that. Thanks for the heads up.

Nic, it's kind of a horror/suspense type movie. I think it's called "you should have left". He is accused of crime and a jury acquits him, and he and his family go to a house in the countryside and it's haunted.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Nic, it's kind of a horror/suspense type movie. I think it's called "you should have left". He is accused of crime and a jury acquits him, and he and his family go to a house in the countryside and it's haunted.
    I like horror movies. Now I want to see it just to see how bad it really is

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post

Oooo it's got Amanda Seyfried in it.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I wonder how they make movies these days.

Skip "Guest House." Unless you like really crass movies with vomit, diarrhea, nudity, drugs, etc. It has Steve-O in it. Enough said?

Save yourself money and only watch the trailer of "An Imperfect Murder."
    I didn't pay too much attention to the movie, but my husband said it skipped around a lot and there wasn't a central plot to the movie.
    All the best stuff is in the trailer.

Ohmygoodness! I'm glad Unhinged isn't real life, because I'd hate to be on the receiving end of Russell Crowe's crazy.

Run. is a good movie. I love Sarah Paulson.

I need Christmas movie recommendations on Netflix. I just finished "Christmas on the Square." Really good movie though I don't know what happened to Dolly Parton's face.

Not an Xmas movie but Hillbilly Elegy is pretty good.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Thread Information