Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jared Hanna - missing since 2 July 2011

Jared Hanna - missing since 2 July 2011

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...00840346634807

Family and friends are organizing a search Saturday for a 28-year-old Jerseyville man and single father who hasn't been seen since last week.

Jared Hanna last was seen on Saturday, July 2. No one in his family or any of his friends has heard from him since his disappearance and they are concerned.

"It isn't like my brother to just disappear," Heather Hanna said.

Heather Hanna said that her brother is a dedicated father and responsible when it comes to work. She said that she watched his daughters whenever he would be on a job and, because he had full custody, she knows he wouldn't just leave without any notice.
    "We're just really worried, and we want him home," she said.

Family and friends are organizing a search in Clinton County on Saturday in the area where the truck - a white 1990 GMC Sierra - that Jared Hanna had been driving was found parked along Jolliff Bridge Road, between Sandoval and Centralia this past weekend.

The Clinton County Sheriff's Department started looking into the vehicle as possibly being abandoned or stolen on Tuesday following the Fourth of July holiday after a deputy noticed it parked in the same spot for more than a day. After making contact with the vehicle's owner, who happened to be Hanna's mother, authorities learned that the father of two girls, ages 3 and 6, was missing.

The Jersey County Sheriff's Department is investigating the case, looking into the reports that Hanna last was seen in two Alton bars that Saturday night - The Big Muddy Pub, 204 State St., and Norb's Tavern, 2505 State St. Investigators have been in the establishments at least twice since the family first reported him missing.

Jersey County Sheriff Mark Kallal said detectives learned that the last time Hanna used his cell phone was Saturday night. The sheriff said detectives didn't have a lot of leads, and the investigation will be more difficult as more time passes.

A bartender at Norb's said Friday that investigators have been in twice to ask about Hanna's whereabouts on the night he disappeared. He said several patrons have said they saw him but couldn't say for sure what night it was.

Investigators are trying to establish a timeline on Hanna and the information about when and where he last was seen.

Heather Hanna said they learned the reason the truck was parked on the country road was that it had run out of gas. She said there have been reports that someone matching her brother's description was seen walking in the area late Saturday night or early Sunday, perhaps heading somewhere to make a call.

"We just don't know," Hanna said.

Earlier this week, his family started a Facebook group "Help Find Jared Hanna," and more than 800 people have joined, including residents near where Hanna last was seen.

Heather Hanna said that she has been able to learn quite a bit about the area from people joining the group and from those offering their assistance to help search for her brother, including from those who don't even know him.

"We're amazed by all the help we've got in trying to find my brother," she said.

A caravan of people is set to leave at 4 a.m. Saturday from the parking lot of the Jersey County Health Department. They will travel to the Centralia Walmart, where they will meet up with other search and rescue volunteers by 5:30 a.m.

"So far, we are expected around 100 volunteers," Heather Hanna said.

She commended a family friend, Tracy Fox, for helping organize the search.

A command center will be set up on Felton Road near where the truck was found, she said.
    "Anyone helping with the search will be asked to check in and out," she said. "We want to know who is out there so that we can keep track of them and make sure nothing happens to them, as well."

She said some rescuers also will be on horseback.

"There is a convoy of trailers expected to be there early," she said.

Hanna's mother and stepfather, Pat and Gerry New, are planning to be involved in the search. There are many in the emergency services field who are planning to help because of the News.

Gerry New is a paramedic with Alton Memorial Ambulance Co. and the chief of QEM Fire Protection District in Jersey County. Pat New works for the Jersey County Sheriff's Department.

Family and friends have posted missing posters all over Clinton, Jersey and Madison counties, hoping someone will see them and come forward with information that may help find Jared Hanna.

In addition to his photo on the poster, Hanna is described as being about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighing about 195 pounds. He last was seen wearing a dark blue T-shirt and blue jeans and possibly a black-and-white hat.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Jared Hanna, you're asked to call the Jersey County Sheriff's Department at (618) 498-6681 or your local law enforcement.
    Heather Hanna said people can call or leave messages on the Facebook wall of the group if they have any questions.

"All we want to do is find my brother," she said.

Last edited by Olivia; 07-11-2011 at 02:26 PM.

I skimmed the article. Are the bars near a body of water? Could this be a case of the Smiley Face Killer?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I skimmed the article. Are the bars near a body of water? Could this be a case of the Smiley Face Killer?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    Wut?

I think you are one of the smiley faced killers. You always deny they exist!

Wut?
    There is no smiley face killer.

Alien abduction?

Alien abduction?
    Just as probable.

Just as probable.

This wasn't a college kid. We're the smiley face victims all college kids?

Law enforcement authorities and relatives are looking for clues to the whereabouts of a 28-year-old Jerseyville man missing since Saturday night.

Jared Hanna was seen at two Alton bars Saturday night and next seen around midnight walking along Jolliff Bridge Road in Clinton County, about three miles north of Centralia and about 60 miles east of Alton.

"It's like he just disappeared," his mother, Pat New, said Thursday.

Hanna was about a half-mile from his mother's 1990 white GMC Sierra pickup, later found pulled off the road, out of gas and locked. New said she talked with people who live nearby and saw her son around midnight, alone, walking from the direction of Centralia and toward the pickup.

New said the truck was pulled off the road so it wasn't easily seen from the road until someone was close to it.

New said she did not believe her son had any health problems or that he would intentionally drop out of sight without telling anyone. She said he is the father of two daughters, 3 and 6 years old, and has full custody of them. She said his sister, Heather Hanna, cared for them when he was away at work.

Hanna is employed by Oros & Busch Application Technologies in Weldon Spring. His mother said he had worked on a job for the company in the Centralia area last year.

Hanna's relatives have searched the area where the truck was found, talked with area residents and posted fliers. They have also created a Facebook community called "Help Find Jared Hanna."

Jersey County Sheriff Mark Kallal said Thursday that his department was starting a missing-person investigation but had no information yet to suggest what might have happened. To contact the sheriff's department, call 618-498-6881.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...a4bcf6878.html

This wasn't a college kid. We're the smiley face victims all college kids?
    Just young men I think.

Victim profile..

White college students in their 20s

Athletic, popular and with good grades

Disappear after going out drinking at a bar

Are always found drowned in a river

Smiley face graffiti is found close to scene of crime

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-20420312/

I was looking for a complete list but haven't found one yet. I think they were mostly students.
    Last edited by deeply shaded; 07-11-2011 at 04:38 AM.

As recently as 2008, Gannon and Duarte were examining evidence[1] going back to the late 1990s that they believe connects the deaths of 40 or more college-age males, whose dead bodies were found in water in 11 states, often after leaving parties or bars where they were drinking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley_face_murder_theory

In this economy, a 28 year old could be considered college age, couldn't they?

Thumbs down Nope

That isn't even the right profile. The man that is missing is a 28 year old father from Jerseryville, Illinois not a college student in New Jersey.

Jerseyville*

Quote Originally Posted by HNASJA View Post
    That isn't even the right profile. The man that is missing is a 28 year old father from Jerseryville, Illinois not a college student in New Jersey.
    Hence why I said I thought it was him, not confirmed it was him. The other FB is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I think you are one of the smiley faced killers. You always deny they exist!
    HEY! I just saw this. Shuddup you.

HEY! I just saw this. Shuddup you.
    I view your reluctance to answer to my statement in a timely fashion as yet another sign of your murderous guilt!

Thank you.

I view your reluctance to answer to my statement in a timely fashion as yet another sign of your murderous guilt!
    As Arsenio Hall always use to say," Things that make you say hmmmm....."

Wasn't that C+C Music Factory???
    I will go to the animal shelter and get you a kitty cat. I will let you fall in love with that kitty cat; and then on some dark cold night, I will steal away into your home, and punch you in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by pollypocket View Post
    Wasn't that C+C Music Factory???
    A frequent gag in Hall's opening monologue suggests that he still lives in Cleveland, and drives himself to Los Angeles every day to host the show. While on these alleged long drives, Hall ponders certain thoughts, referring to them as "things that make you go hmmm...." This running gag inspired a 1990 C+C Music Factory song by that very title. "Things That Make You Go Hmmm..." reached #1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, and #4 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arsenio_Hall_Show

I must be showing my age that I know Arsenio did it first

Thread Information