Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Bodies. Anybody recognize them? *some images may be graphic*

Unidentified Bodies. Anybody recognize them? *some images may be graphic*

The victim was discovered by a passing motorist at 10am in a Caledonia, NY cornfield on November 9, 1979. She was found about 20 ft. from the south side of Route 20, about ½ mile from the intersection of Route 5.
    She was fully clothed and there was no evidence that she had been sexuÂ*ally molested. Her pockets had been turned inside out, possibly to remove any identification. She died of two gunshot wounds; one to the back and one to the right temple.

Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

In December of 1998, victim was hitchhiking on I-59 just north of the Hwy 49 on ramp. He was struck by a drunk driver who left the scene and was later apprehended. Victim told responding paramedics that he was Steve Hex (Hicks) and that he was from West Virginia prior to losing consciousness. He later passed away in May of 2002 from complications that were the result of the hit and run accident. He remains unidentified.

Link: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200500007S

Located 1981-04-24 in the area of Troy, Ohio. A resident in the vicinity of the 1200 block of Greenville Rd., thought he had seen clothing laying in a ditch near his residence approximately 4 miles west if I-75. As he approached the area he noticed it was a female laying face down. The victim is believed to have been deceased 24-48 hours prior to discovery. Cause of death has been determined to be homicide by manual strangulation and blows to the head.

Link: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200300439S

Located 1996-12-18 in Annandale, VA. Victim was found in the Pleasant Valley Memorial Park Cemetery located in the vicinity of the 8400 block of Little River Turnpike in Annandale, VA. The cause of death has been determined to be that of a suicide. She was found with a small Christmas tree, a cassette recorder with a tape of Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner of the "2000 Year old Man," and a green backpack.

Link: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200500025S

Located 1991-07-01. Individual was thought to have been a transient. His remains were located near Bi-Lo on 23rd St. in Chattanooga, TN. It appears that the individual died as a result of an accidental overdose of rubbing alcohol.

Link: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200600064S

Date of death: 2006-05-18
    In May 2005, this unidentified individual resided at a nursing home near Battle Lake, MN for approximately one year prior to his death. It was discovered he had assumed the identity of David Charles Erickson approximately 15 years ago. The man whose identity he had used passed away one year ago in Florida. It is possible the victim resided in Arizona prior to 1989 and possibly was involved in an Arizona child custody case.

Link: http://www.theyaremissed.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?U200600059S

More to come soon. Got any more? Post them. It can't hurt.

Re: Unidentified Bodies. Anybody recognize them? *some images may be graphic*

Looks like a lost son of George H.W. Bush..and OD on rubbing alcohol?
    How much would you have to drink??

not much, i would think.

these are really sad.  i just feel so bad for them... to not have anyone identify them?  how awful. especially the suicide one.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

I am so fascinated with cases like these, although they are tragic.&nbsp; It is so sad that people can live a whole life, die and then nobody realise that they are gone.

Another really sad case is the Mary Anderson suicide.&nbsp; More info here - http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/specials/mary/

You can google her to find some more stuff too.

Who was Mary Anderson and why did she die?

A neatly groomed woman calling herself Mary Anderson ended her life in a luxury boutique hotel in downtown Seattle on an unseasonably hot October day in 1996. At first it looked like a simple case of suicide.

But police soon learned that Mary Anderson was an enigma. Her name was an alias. Her address didn't exist. Her phone contact was a wrong number. Nine years later, her file is the coldest of cold cases - one with low odds of being solved.

Wow.&nbsp; All of those are incredibly sad.&nbsp; I can see why some haven't been identified with pictures like these though :

Thank god for technology, and hopefully at least some of those cases get solved.

SFPD maintains a portrait gallery of people found dead in their jurisdiction: http://www.sfgov.org/site/med_examin...e.asp?id=23331

A couple of them seem to be Golden Gate Bridge jumpers.

They also have portrait gallery of the City's homicide victims, for some reason:&#160; http://www.sfgov.org/site/police_index.asp?id=20326
    [tt][size=17pt]Most hottest user of correct grammar and syntax.[/size][/tt]<br /><br />[quote author=waltflannigansdog]<br />...spiders fuck up everything...[/quote]

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=5258.msg210094#msg210094 date=1172879392]
    Wow.&nbsp; All of those are incredibly sad.&nbsp; I can see why some haven't been identified with pictures like these though :

Thank god for technology, and hopefully at least some of those cases get solved.
    [/quote]

Definitely. I don't think it's too late even if it has been 20 or 30 years, maybe even 40. Just recently there was a body identified from 1984.

This one is sad though:

The victim was located on June 5, 1936 in Cleveland, Ohio. The victims head was found near the Shaker Rapid Transit tracks. The torso was found between the New York Central and Nickel Plate tracks by an old freight shed. The body was nude but unmutilated, and was found only about fifteen hundred feet away from the head.
    There was no blood on the ground, indicating that the unknown victim had been killed elsewhere and his head and torso then flung into the wastes of Kingsbury Run.
    A railroad worker’s testimony that the head was not in the vicinity at 3:00 p.m. Thursday, and an eyewitness’s report of a late-model Cadillac seen under the Kinsman Road bridge about 11:00 p.m. that same night suggested the latter time as the dumping hour.
    The physical evidence of the decapitation suggested it had been done while the victim was alive. The head had been cut off between the first and second cervical vertebrae. There was no evidence of drugs or alcohol in the victim’s body, and nothing to suggest that he had been tortured or bound before being killed.
    The case may be related to several other homicides in the area at the time.

Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/121umoh.html

I don't think he's ever gonna be identified.

[quote author=Bogeyman link=topic=5258.msg209976#msg209976 date=1172875325]

The victim was discovered by a passing motorist at 10am in a Caledonia, NY cornfield on November 9, 1979. She was found about 20 ft. from the south side of Route 20, about ½ mile from the intersection of Route 5.
    She was fully clothed and there was no evidence that she had been sexuÂ*ally molested. Her pockets had been turned inside out, possibly to remove any identification. She died of two gunshot wounds; one to the back and one to the right temple.

Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

[/quote]

This one makes me sad.. she looks so young
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

BOOGIEMAN, RAWR. :lol:
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=LostSouls link=topic=5258.msg210160#msg210160 date=1172882321]
    This one makes me sad.. she looks so young
    [/quote]

Yeah, they estimated her age to be between 13 and 19. I wonder what on earth she could have done to make someone want to kill her. I mean, the reason was obviously not rape or collection of life insurance. Maybe robbery?

shiki

it so scary and sad that some people will never be identified. I wonder if anyone even missed them.
    i think the suicides may have even travelled to an area where if it came up on the news or whatever their relatives/aquaintances wouldn't see it.

[quote author=shiki link=topic=5258.msg210174#msg210174 date=1172882961]
    it so scary and sad that some people will never be identified. I wonder if anyone even missed them.
    i think the suicides may have even travelled to an area where if it came up on the news or whatever their relatives/aquaintances wouldn't see it.
    [/quote]

Its surprisingly easy for relatives of missing people not to find out about them. Unfortunately, there is no single database where these are all entered, like the ones they have for fingerprints and DNA. Every police department in every city, county, state, and country has their own website. There are a few large websites with unidentified and missing persons, but that's only a fraction of them. It really sucks that there is no single large database.

It would be nice if they could get it together enough to do that.&nbsp; You figure the FBI would have something they could upload it all together in.&nbsp; Like they do for most wanted criminals.
    I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system.

[quote author=Ren link=topic=5258.msg210002#msg210002 date=1172876269]

[/quote]

For an adult, the lethal dose can be as low as 240 ml (a little more than 8 ounces). Thats still a lot of liquid. Thats like drinking a glass of rubbing alcohol. My guess: he couldn't afford booze, so he got his hands on rubbing alcohol instead.

is this Kid Rock?
    With The Sureness Of Sleepwalking.

[quote author=. link=topic=5258.msg210210#msg210210 date=1172884582]

is this Kid Rock?
    [/quote]

Yep. I think that flat top is hilarious.

[quote author=Bogeyman link=topic=5258.msg209976#msg209976 date=1172875325]

Located 1996-12-18 in Annandale, VA. Victim was found in the Pleasant Valley Memorial Park Cemetery located in the vicinity of the 8400 block of Little River Turnpike in Annandale, VA. The cause of death has been determined to be that of a suicide. She was found with a small Christmas tree, a cassette recorder with a tape of Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner of the &quot;2000 Year old Man,&quot; and a green backpack.

that wasnt suicide, it was a fuckin zombie. everyone knows when you die in a cemetery its because a zombie killed you.

i need to start carrying my i.d. more often.

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=5258.msg210094#msg210094 date=1172879392]

[/quote]

whoa. That guy was found in my city long ago. I think it's one of the only unsolved murders.
    i don&#39;t even give a care<br />Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one&#39;s definition of your life; define yourself

[quote author=Olivia link=topic=5258.msg210047#msg210047 date=1172877578]
    I am so fascinated with cases like these, although they are tragic.&nbsp; It is so sad that people can live a whole life, die and then nobody realise that they are gone.

Another really sad case is the Mary Anderson suicide.&nbsp; More info here - http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/specials/mary/

You can google her to find some more stuff too.

Who was Mary Anderson and why did she die?

A neatly groomed woman calling herself Mary Anderson ended her life in a luxury boutique hotel in downtown Seattle on an unseasonably hot October day in 1996. At first it looked like a simple case of suicide.

But police soon learned that Mary Anderson was an enigma. Her name was an alias. Her address didn't exist. Her phone contact was a wrong number. Nine years later, her file is the coldest of cold cases - one with low odds of being solved.
    [/quote]

Oh yeah! That case is very mystifying and fascinating at the same time. I have pretty much read all I could about it a while back. Here is another similar case involving a man (sorry about the huge picture):

The body of this white or Native male was located in a Quinault area motel. His death has been ruled a suicide.
    He had checked into the motel using the name &quot;Lyle Stevik&quot; from 1019 S. Progress Avenue, Meridian, Idaho. The address he listed is for a motel. Lyle Stevik is a character in the book You Must Remember This, by Joyce Carol Oates. He indicated that he was going to stay a few more days though he had only paid for one evening. The maid entered the room on September 17, 2001 and found him hanging from the coat rack. He had left money on the nightstand with a note that said &quot;For the Room&quot;. The only personal belongings in his possession was a tooth brush and paste. Fingerprints sent to FBI and RCMP with Negative results. 20 - 30 years old. Possibly Hispanic. Black hair; hazel eyes. His hair was neatly trimmed. Appendectomy scar on abdomen. He had recently lost a lot of weight (possibly 30-40 pounds). A small mole on the left sid of his chin. He does not have ear lobes, not removed never had them. His appendix scar was old. Teeth in near perfect shape. He had orthodontic work done. It is possible that he spoke with a slight Canadian or similar accent.

Link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/233umwa.html

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=5258.msg210162#msg210162 date=1172882335]
    BOOGIEMAN, RAWR. :lol:
    [/quote]

you think this shit is funny? fucking sick twisted little girl
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

[quote author=Ren link=topic=5258.msg210002#msg210002 date=1172876269]

[/quote]

hmm i thought more of a christopher reeves.
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

GLOUCESTER COUNTY UNIDENTIFIED&nbsp;
    Case Type: Unidentified&nbsp;
    DOB: Jan 1, 1969 Sex: Female
    Missing Date: Feb 4, 1990 Race: White
    Age Now: 38 Height:&nbsp; 5'5&quot; (165 cm)
    Missing City: DEPTFORD TOWNSHIP Weight:&nbsp; 120 lbs (54 kg)
    Missing State : NJ Hair Color: Brown
    Missing Country: United States Eye Color:&nbsp;

Case Number: NCMU400029&nbsp;
    Circumstances: The skeletal remains of a white female were found on February 4, 1990 in a wooded area that is now the Deptford Township area of Gloucester County, NJ. The cause of death has not been determined, but it is believed to be asphyxia, possibly from strangulation. Her approximate date of death is 01/01/1989. The victim had a deviated septum to the right with a crooked philtrum. The estimated year of birth is between 1969 and 1973. Her height range is 5'5&quot; to 5'8&quot; and her weight is 120-145 lbs. This photograph is a computer-generated facial reconstruction done by a forensic artist at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The &quot;DOB&quot; and &quot;Age Now&quot; fields are approximations.

It is scary that these people have not been identified

and to think that someone somewhere is probably missing and searching for one of these people?
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

creepy to think this, but there are bodies or remains all around us, seriously with all these missing people.
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

Wow. Those photos on that ncma site are really unnerving.

It really does seem that some of those people would be easily recognized by someone who knew them - their photos and descriptions, combined with their locations, would make them recognizable to anyone looking for them. It's sad to think that maybe no one is.

Why did I look at that this late at night? Crap.

R.I.P. to all these folks. Hope you're someplace where you aren't &quot;lost&quot; at all.

Thread Information