Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Unidentified Bodies. Anybody recognize them? *some images may be graphic*

shiki

Re: Unidentified Bodies. Anybody recognize them? *some images may be graphic*

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=5258.msg211708#msg211708 date=1172985407]
    i was totally thinking the same thing.  especially when a lot of them look like claymation.
    [/quote]
    some of them are just artistic representations of how they must have appeared in life. some unidentified remains being too decomposed to identify otherwise.
    And I think the thread was posted and people have participated because some people such as myself find this interesting and a worthy use of my internet time.

especially since its like 10 deaths in one post. I like how it's like "unidentified bodies-see if you recognize them" or something to that effect....and they happened before most of us were born. i expected to read about something that just happened.  :|
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=shiki link=topic=5258.msg211715#msg211715 date=1172985581]
    some of them are just artistic representations of how they must have appeared in life. some unidentified remains being too decomposed to identify otherwise.
    And I think the thread was posted and people have participated because some people such as myself find this interesting and a worthy use of my internet time.
    [/quote] yeah ive looked at cases similar to this on the missing persons database. I guess my real beef with it is the thread name more than anything.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

[quote author=shiki link=topic=5258.msg211365#msg211365 date=1172963105]
    i don't think i could ever stop looking for my missing loved one. Having someone just dissapear to me is almost worse than knowing they are dead. The torture of not knowing if they were alive or dead and if they neededyou...nightmarish.
    My husband's grandpa went missing right after Halloween last year. It was hideous, an 87yr old man, lost for days in Arizona. Finally they found his car three days later, and later that night they found him in the desert. He'd set out to play golf but got turned around. Got his car sort of stuck in an arroyo and so set out on foot. It was devestating and the waiting was terrible and wondering if he was ok or what the fuck was going on. We were glad to get him back and to see that he'd died from exposure and not homicide. Still the thought of him in the desert, lost and alone and cursing himself out for getting himself into this mess was devestating...and some people never find the missing!
    [/quote]
    That's so sad, Shiki. I'm sorry for your loss.

I know misery doesn't always love company, but a very similar thing happened with my grandma when I was younger. I suppose you just have to hope they didn't suffer too much and that they are at peace finally. Having them missing, and then finding them, and then wondering about what they went through is grueling. Hope you and your family find some measure of comfort in the passage of time and remembering the good times.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=5258.msg211676#msg211676 date=1172984549]
    dude...why are we posting 30 year old deaths. its just weird to me.
    [/quote]

DUUUDE! Because I can! Also, just because a couple of them happened a long time ago, doesn't make them meaningless. They are still people who deserve to be identified, and any exposure is good.

[quote author=jesserz44 link=topic=5258.msg211708#msg211708 date=1172985407]
    i was totally thinking the same thing.  especially when a lot of them look like claymation.
    [/quote]

Its called forensic facial reconstruction. When skeletal remains are found, one cannot be sure exactly how that person looked in real life. Things such as eye color, nose length, hair style, etc. are reconstructed according to the forensic artist's best guess.

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=5258.msg211717#msg211717 date=1172985668]
    especially since its like 10 deaths in one post. I like how it's like "unidentified bodies-see if you recognize them" or something to that effect....and they happened before most of us were born. i expected to read about something that just happened.  :|
    [/quote]

Well... sooooo sorry to disappoint you! I keep posting deaths, because it keeps the discussion alive, fresh, and exposes more and more cases. I don't know when you were born, but most of these didn't happen before I was born. And so what if they did? Not all user's of this website are 15 year-olds. Again, does that make the death any less tragic, and the topic less interesting? Maybe to you it does, but then again, who cares what you think?

[quote author=Karalicious link=topic=5258.msg211719#msg211719 date=1172985760]
    yeah ive looked at cases similar to this on the missing persons database. I guess my real beef with it is the thread name more than anything.
    [/quote]

Oh wow, I guess some people can always find something to bitch about no-matter what. Here's an idea for you. If you don't like the thread, click on that little 'X' on the top right corner of your browser. I'm gonna keep posting them, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for shiki and clover, I'm sorry about your loss.

i wouldnt worry about it, look at most of the post , in jibber jabber or off topic, and they bitch about this lmao
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I'am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I'am your wonder bra!

[quote author=luscious link=topic=5258.msg211889#msg211889 date=1172991853]
    i wouldnt worry about it, look at most of the post , in jibber jabber or off topic, and they bitch about this lmao
    [/quote]

Thanks. I figured I'll start a meaningful discussion, and everyone is great, but the thing about life is, no-matter what, there's always those few haters out there. People always find something to complain about.

[quote author=Bogeyman link=topic=5258.msg211907#msg211907 date=1172992432]
    Thanks. I figured I'll start a meaningful discussion, and everyone is great, but the thing about life is, no-matter what, there's always those few haters out there. People always find something to complain about.
    [/quote]

yes there is a saying , do what you do cause no matter what, someone will always have something to say. i agree wit ya.
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I'am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I'am your wonder bra!

The victim was located in Sumter County, South Carolina on March 25, 2005.
    On March 25, 2005 at 8:15 PM on Interstate I-95 this person was involved in a vehicle accident in Sumter County, South Carolina. He was driving a 1993 white Chevrolet Van with Florida Tag X2O MEB and headed north when the vehicle struck a bridge near mile marker 176.
    The sheriff's office has released a nationwide report on the man. Mexican authorities and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico have been contacted. So far, authorities in Sumter County have heard nothing back concerning the man's identity. The man's information and photo placed on Spanish language web sites.
    Authorities found a number of clues as to the man's identity. But they all led to dead ends. The Mexican identification he was found with identified him as Javier Martinez, 47. But the information on the ID was false. A search of the man's fingerprints returned an arrest out of Charleston on March 8th.
    The victim gave Emergency management officials who investigated the wreck a home address in Atlanta which was also false. A second address for the unidentified man was found out of Cary, North Carolina, but the coroner there said he hadn't lived in the area in three years. Records also show that "Martinez" sold a vehicle in Texas last year. But a look into that lead leaves little information.
    Coroner Verna Moore said it could help the case if information about the man were distributed in Hispanic communities in Charleston and Texas. She said a passenger in the vehicle survived the March 25 crash. But he told police the driver was a stranger who gave him a ride after picking him up in Dublin, Georgia.
    "They supposedly hijacked this van in Savannah, Ga., and they threw the owner out," Moore said previously. Moore said the van's owner will not come forward, leaving her to deal with a box full of his belongings that were found in the vehicle following the wreck. Capt. Karl McClary of the South Carolina Highway Patrol said the van's owner has been contacted about picking up the vehicle. But so far, he hasn't come to claim it.

The victim was located in a wooded area on Clausland Mountain in Orangeburg, New York on October 25, 2003. Five hikers found the remains in a ravine at about 4:40 p.m. The hikers were attracted by the red and white sneakers as they walked atop a stone wall abutting Clausland Mountain Road, between Tackamack Park and Greenbush Road, about a 1/4 mile west of Valenza Court.
    Police believe the man was killed elsewhere and his body dumped in the woods. Authorities are working on the premise that the man was already dead and people were driving around, stopped in the area and tossed the body down the ravine. They don’t believe he accidentally fell. The clothing found at the scene indicated that the body was placed there during warmer weather.
    There is no indication, based on the clothes, that the body was bothered by animals. The clothing had no blood stains or bullet and knife wounds, and there was no evidence of head injuries.
    Police don't believe the man lived in Rockland, since there are no active missing person reports that fit the general description of the victim. A nationwide missing persons alert has not turned up any names that fit the man's profile. Police also are focusing on Westchester County and Bergen County, N.J.
    DTEK jeans may indicate the victim had ties to northern New Jersey, New York City, Westchester or Rockland. The inexpensive jeans are manufactured in Oakland, N.J., and sold at warehouse outlets, like Costco in Spring Valley and similar businesses in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, and Westchester County.
    Given the isolated area where the body was discovered, police believe the people who dumped the victim knew the area. There was no evidence of suicide or that the man died of natural causes at the site.
    The bones were missing from the back of the vertebrae of the throat area. That could mean the victim was strangled.

Here's an odd one

Unidentified Female

Last seen on June 15, 1989 in Port St. Joe, Gulf County, Florida.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair and blue eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
    On June 15, 1989, a Polaroid photo of this girl bound and gagged was found in a Port St. Joe, FL convenience store parking lot by a customer. The photo also showed an unidentified boy, also bound. The photo was found where a white, late 1980's Toyota cargo van with no windows had previously been parked. This unidentified teenage girl was also seen on the beach in Port St. Joe, Florida on June 15, 1989. She was accompanied by several older caucasian males, who appeared to be ordering the girl along the beachfront. It is not known if this girl was being held against her will by these individuals or if the incident was staged. Investigators are still trying to ascertain the girl's identity, which would allow them to close the case or investigate further.

A tattered copy of "My Sweet Audrina" by V.C. Andrews, a lastic cup and a squirt gun are also visible in the photo. Polaroid officials say the picture was taken with film not available until May 1989. Two other photos have surfaced over the years. The first was found near a residential construction site in Montecito, California. The haunting Polaroid, taken on film not available until June 1989, shows the blurry image of a girl's face, her mouth again covered with tape, her hairline exhibiting that same cowlick at the right temple. Behind her is light-blue striped fabric similar to that on the pillow in the Toyota van photo. Another Polaroid, this one taken on film not available until February 1990, shows a woman loosely bound in gauze, her eyes covered with more gauze and large black-framed glasses. A man is sitting next to her on a passenger seat of an Amtrak train.

There have been speculations that the girl in this case file is Tara Calico who disappeared from New Mexico in 1988

________The woman who they think it may be________

Tara Leigh Calico
    Missing since September 20, 1988 from Belen, Valencia County, New Mexico.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 28, 1969
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Calico has a large scar on the back of her right shoulder. She also has a dime-sized brown-colored birthmark on the back of her leg.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Tara Leigh Calico was abducted just before noon on September 20, 1988 while on her daily 36 mile bike ride just south of Belen, New Mexico.
    Around 11:45 pm, witnesses observed a 1953 Ford pick-up truck, dirty white or light gray -in color, with a white homemade shell, following Tara, who was wearing headphones, down the unpopulated stretch of highway where she was riding, but no one saw the abduction. The bike, a pink Huffy, has never been found. She was 2 miles from home at the time of the sighting. The small, cracked plastic window of the Sony walkman was recovered 19 miles east of N.M. 47 near the remote John F. Kennedy campground. Calico's mother believes that her daughter deliberately discarded the items as a way to mark her trail. Detectives also identified bike tracks on the north side of the shoulder of N.M. 47, near the place the cassette tape was found, where a scuffle might have taken place.
    There were numerous unconfirmed sightings of Tara in 1988 and 1989 - mostly in the southern half of the United States.
    On June 15, 1989, nine months after her disappearance, a Polaroid photograph of an unidentified female, bound and gagged, was located in a convenience store parking lot in St. Joe, FL. Though authorities have not positively identified the female as Tara, the photograph shows a book placed by the female and has been identified as "My Sweet Audrina" by V.C. Andrews, Tara's favorite Author.

And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

shiki

[quote author=clover link=topic=5258.msg211773#msg211773 date=1172987295]
    That's so sad, Shiki. I'm sorry for your loss.

I know misery doesn't always love company, but a very similar thing happened with my grandma when I was younger. I suppose you just have to hope they didn't suffer too much and that they are at peace finally. Having them missing, and then finding them, and then wondering about what they went through is grueling. Hope you and your family find some measure of comfort in the passage of time and remembering the good times.
    [/quote]
    thank you for your kind words. It was pretty hard and terrible but almost a week before this happened all his kids and grandkids and even a couple great grand kids went out to arizona and spent a week with him...three days later he was gone. It was horrible and shocking but we were all happy that everyone got to see him one last time. He was a WWII vet, and had spent 3 years as a  POW in Japan. He was buried in Arlington with full honors. It was hard losing him like that but we knew he had lived a full life.

[quote author=luscious link=topic=5258.msg211580#msg211580 date=1172980227]

noo shit, i knew you would get all railed up lmao, still think your a little twisted sicko bitch.

now like you say this is a forum, it is my business.

OMFG
    [/quote]

psssst.  it's riled, not rialed.  and i guess you won that round.  but you better what your back, bitch.  i'm gonna get you!!!! :lol:
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=Wick link=topic=5258.msg212027#msg212027 date=1173004209]
    Here's an odd one

Unidentified Female

Last seen on June 15, 1989 in Port St. Joe, Gulf County, Florida.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0&quot;
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair and blue eyes.

Case History
    On June 15, 1989, a Polaroid photo of this girl bound and gagged was found in a Port St. Joe, FL convenience store parking lot by a customer. The photo also showed an unidentified boy, also bound. The photo was found where a white, late 1980's Toyota cargo van with no windows had previously been parked. This unidentified teenage girl was also seen on the beach in Port St. Joe, Florida on June 15, 1989. She was accompanied by several older caucasian males, who appeared to be ordering the girl along the beachfront. It is not known if this girl was being held against her will by these individuals or if the incident was staged. Investigators are still trying to ascertain the girl's identity, which would allow them to close the case or investigate further.

A tattered copy of &quot;My Sweet Audrina&quot; by V.C. Andrews, a lastic cup and a squirt gun are also visible in the photo. Polaroid officials say the picture was taken with film not available until May 1989. Two other photos have surfaced over the years. The first was found near a residential construction site in Montecito, California. The haunting Polaroid, taken on film not available until June 1989, shows the blurry image of a girl's face, her mouth again covered with tape, her hairline exhibiting that same cowlick at the right temple. Behind her is light-blue striped fabric similar to that on the pillow in the Toyota van photo. Another Polaroid, this one taken on film not available until February 1990, shows a woman loosely bound in gauze, her eyes covered with more gauze and large black-framed glasses. A man is sitting next to her on a passenger seat of an Amtrak train.

There have been speculations that the girl in this case file is Tara Calico who disappeared from New Mexico in 1988

________The woman who they think it may be________

Tara Leigh Calico
    Missing since September 20, 1988 from Belen, Valencia County, New Mexico.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 28, 1969
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7; 120 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.
    Marks, Scars: Calico has a large scar on the back of her right shoulder. She also has a dime-sized brown-colored birthmark on the back of her leg.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Tara Leigh Calico was abducted just before noon on September 20, 1988 while on her daily 36 mile bike ride just south of Belen, New Mexico.
    Around 11:45 pm, witnesses observed a 1953 Ford pick-up truck, dirty white or light gray -in color, with a white homemade shell, following Tara, who was wearing headphones, down the unpopulated stretch of highway where she was riding, but no one saw the abduction. The bike, a pink Huffy, has never been found. She was 2 miles from home at the time of the sighting. The small, cracked plastic window of the Sony walkman was recovered 19 miles east of N.M. 47 near the remote John F. Kennedy campground. Calico's mother believes that her daughter deliberately discarded the items as a way to mark her trail. Detectives also identified bike tracks on the north side of the shoulder of N.M. 47, near the place the cassette tape was found, where a scuffle might have taken place.
    There were numerous unconfirmed sightings of Tara in 1988 and 1989 - mostly in the southern half of the United States.
    On June 15, 1989, nine months after her disappearance, a Polaroid photograph of an unidentified female, bound and gagged, was located in a convenience store parking lot in St. Joe, FL. Though authorities have not positively identified the female as Tara, the photograph shows a book placed by the female and has been identified as &quot;My Sweet Audrina&quot; by V.C. Andrews, Tara's favorite Author.

[/quote]

Yeah, that one is really bizarre! I was actually going to post that one eventually. There's also a photo of a little boy, bound and gagged, I'm not sure if it is related to the same case. I'll post it when I find it.

The photo is here.&nbsp; I didn't post it directly because it is very haunting.&nbsp; View at your own risk:

http://www.tabloidbaby.com/Book/Companion/bound.html

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=5258.msg212775#msg212775 date=1173048373]
    The photo is here.&nbsp; I didn't post it directly because it is very haunting.&nbsp; View at your own risk:

[/quote]

Thanks for the link--good call on that.
    [quote author=Lexa]<br />MY FAV EVER NOOB!!!<br />[/quote][quote author=snipsnip]<br />I think it&#039;s illegal in 16 states to make me laugh as frequently as you do. :lol:<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=daybreaksdisdain]<br />You da Man[/quote]

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=5258.msg210840#msg210840 date=1172911624]
    I'm going to be up all night now...I wondered where this site was earlier.&nbsp; Now I probably wont be able to stop looking after I log off of here.&nbsp; I'm so morbid lately that I'm creeping out my other half.&nbsp; I get mad that he doesn't get it&nbsp; :x
    [/quote]

Mine is the same way! He doesn't understand what my fascination is. But I find death and the various ways it can happen to be very interesting.
    Sometimes you just gotta say "What the Fuck?!?"

[quote author=tmars78 link=topic=5258.msg210852#msg210852 date=1172911960]
    Haha, I just tried showing a bunch of friends earlier tonight.&nbsp; They just gave me this look like I was some kinda sick fucker.&nbsp; I think we might have the same retarded friends Brie.
    [/quote]

My coworkers say I need to get out and make friends. LMAO They keep telling me I have no life, but yet the ask me almost daily what the newest deaths are.

[quote author=MzzCat link=topic=5258.msg212865#msg212865 date=1173053941]
    Mine is the same way! He doesn't understand what my fascination is. But I find death and the various ways it can happen to be very interesting.
    [/quote]

It seems as though we are all misunderstood individuals&nbsp; :lol:

[quote author=thanatos link=topic=5258.msg211232#msg211232 date=1172947410]
    Wow. This really makes you wonder: if these people can just vanish and nobody knows who they were, how long would it take before somebody figured out who you--or I--were? You get nabbed and killed or suicide in another state and you could go unclaimed, like forgotten luggage. Bogeyman, kudos for starting this one!
    [/quote]

Makes me glad that I have my name tattooed on me. It may come in handy one day. Well it does come in handy sometimes when I forget who I am. lol I know I know, not the time or place for humor. But still.....

[quote author=MzzCat link=topic=5258.msg212873#msg212873 date=1173054356]
    Makes me glad that I have my name tattooed on me. It may come in handy one day. Well it does come in handy sometimes when I forget who I am. lol I know I know, not the time or place for humor. But still.....
    [/quote]

If you have your name tattooed on you, I doubt you have anything to worry about when it comes to identifying you.&nbsp; :lol: Then again, a tattoo doesn't help for skeletal remains or people burned in a fire. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

[quote author=beautiful.disaster link=topic=5258.msg212182#msg212182 date=1173025145]

psssst.&nbsp; it's riled, not rialed.&nbsp; and i guess you won that round.&nbsp; but you better what your back, bitch.&nbsp; i'm gonna get you!!!! :lol:
    [/quote]

before you get me , it is watch your back, not what your back.&nbsp; rawr lol
    (mannn i dont have anything flashy to put here!) I&#039;am not what your used to, can you handle it? Girls stop pushing up on me like I&#039;am your wonder bra!

Here's a pretty fucked up case:

Estimated age: 25-35 years old. (+/- 5 years)
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5' 2&quot; (+/- 3&quot;); small-medium build.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Possible African-American and/or Asian ancestry as well. Black or dark brown hair past shoulder length. She was wearing red plastic fingernails. She had at least one child. No scars, tattoos, or broken bones.
    Dentals: Partial upper dental plate contained two teeth and missing a third. She was missing some rear teeth, with porcelain reconstruction, small to medium build.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Based on certain grooves on her teeth, it is believed that this acrylic plate replaced a metal one that she had worn previously. Civilian dental experts have indicated that the style and construction of the plate indicates that it may have been made either in the Caribbean or in the United States by a dentist from Haiti or Jamaica.

The victim was located in Dorchester, Massachusetts on October 14, 2005.
    A chimney sweep who was hired to clean out the basement chimney in an apartment building in Dorchester, right outside out of Boston. The owner of the building asked him to fix the heating before winter set in. He had some trouble getting into the chimney cavity. In the late 1960s, the chimney had been used as an incinerator, but since then an air conditioning unit was placed at the opening. Behind the air conditioner was a slab of cement and a piece of particle board. Once he had made a small hole through the board, he reached his hand in and began to pull out debris. He pulled out what he thought was a tree branch. But when he looked closer at it, there were red plastic fingernails attached. Shocked and startled with what he held in his hand, he immediately called 9-1-1. Law enforcement officials discovered a female body entombed in the chimney.

Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/535ufma.html

Cases like these both fascinate and sadden me.&nbsp; So many people and so much time has passed and they essentially have no identity.&nbsp; Their families don't know where they are and are left to wonder.&nbsp; As sad as death is, I wish that I could bring closure to some family whose love one is gone.&nbsp; I have a cousin who is studying forensic science.&nbsp; Someday she may be the next Dr.G.&nbsp; I think that it takes a special person to study death for a living and give families answers that may otherwise have gone unanswered.&nbsp;

Any exposure for these cases is a great thing as you never know who may just come across it by &quot;accident.&quot;&nbsp; We see people in her spend hours of their time looking for current cases and determining whether a death posted is bogus or not. For example the &quot;Twins&quot; case is one that comes to mind.&nbsp; I think we are all here for the same reason and the time that has elapsed since the death is irrelevant as far as I am concerned!&nbsp;

shiki

[quote author=andyniz link=topic=5258.msg212775#msg212775 date=1173048373]

[/quote]

wow
    and so long ago. I wonder if they are still being held or whatever happened to them. So sad.

[quote author=shiki link=topic=5258.msg213812#msg213812 date=1173116286]
    wow
    and so long ago. I wonder if they are still being held or whatever happened to them. So sad.
    [/quote]

Was it just me or did that boy look like a young girl?
    [quote author=Lexa]<br />MY FAV EVER NOOB!!!<br />[/quote][quote author=snipsnip]<br />I think it&#039;s illegal in 16 states to make me laugh as frequently as you do. :lol:<br />[/quote]<br />[quote author=daybreaksdisdain]<br />You da Man[/quote]

Thread Information