Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother-in-law sends rude email to bride: forgivable?

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    As a socially retarded person, I appreciate when someone points out a mistake i've made. I'm not a cretin by any stretch of the imagination , but i'm super aspie...aka, totally oblivious. Things that would occur to the average person just might not occur to me. the mil could have been nicer, but sometimes people need to be told when they've made a faux pas.
    MIL needs to relax before everyone around her is puking blood and can't eat because of their ulcers. None of that stuff is earth shattering and certainly not to your normal, average family.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    OMG I just saw this!

"Sorry I didn't get up early, sir. I was up banging your daughter all night."

Yea, I'm starting to think maybe it's you broads.
    I was actually kidding. Im kinda on the fence with it. I mean, the chick sounds like she is Kinda lacking in the manners department. Food and sleeping in aside, The email also stated that she had publicly insulted them, so It kinda sounds like she just a loudmouth, disrespectful ho.
    At the same time, Mama should not HIDE behind an email. If she wants to confront her, confront her. An email just assures her that she wont be able to defend her self or even try to come up with some sort of explaination for her actions, because its possible she didnt realize. maybe she was just raised with no discipline, in which case she wouldnt realize until some one pointed it out. She should have told her what she thought certainly, but TOLD her, not wrote her.

Ha, I just realized that in the same email, she bitched at her for not eating, then turned around and bitched for her eating too much.

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    I was actually kidding. Im kinda on the fence with it. I mean, the chick sounds like she is Kinda lacking in the manners department. Food and sleeping in aside, The email also stated that she had publicly insulted them, so It kinda sounds like she just a loudmouth, disrespectful ho.
    At the same time, Mama should not HIDE behind an email. If she wants to confront her, confront her. An email just assures her that she wont be able to defend her self or even try to come up with some sort of explaination for her actions, because its possible she didnt realize. maybe she was just raised with no discipline, in which case she wouldnt realize until some one pointed it out. She should have told her what she thought certainly, but TOLD her, not wrote her.
    Do you suppose this is the first time this bitch treated the girl like this? I doubt it. She was probably begging to be insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Ha, I just realized that in the same email, she bitched at her for not eating, then turned around and bitched for her eating too much.
    Oh, hell. This email was from my dad.

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    Do you suppose this is the first time this bitch treated the girl like this? I doubt it. She was probably begging to be insulted.
    Hell, Im not denying that mamas an uppity snooty ass bitch. Just maybe know your audience better. My mom jake hate each other, so when I go for dinner, I go alone. He doesnt want to sit there and feel unwelcome, thats not a good time.
    They are both Bitches. Fuck em both.

Did the girl fart at the dinner table and then ask for someone to pass the jelly? Damn! Did the future MIL send an email prior to the girls visit with a list of the rules? I hate spending the night at someone's house and THEY sleep in. What are you suppose to do until they get up? I feel creepy if I go through their cabinets looking for coffee or something to eat. Then I feel like they might think it's rude when they wake up and I am in their favorite recliner, reading the newspaper, eating oatmeal, and drinking coffee.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    Did the girl fart at the dinner table and then ask for someone to pass the jelly? Damn! Did the future MIL send an email prior to the girls visit with a list of the rules? I hate spending the night at someone's house and THEY sleep in. What are you suppose to do until they get up? I feel creepy if I go through their cabinets looking for coffee or something to eat. Then I feel like they might think it's rude when they wake up and I am in their favorite recliner, reading the newspaper, eating oatmeal, and drinking coffee.
    I sleep late. Go to town if you're a creepy morning person.

I didn't mean like "go to town" and stay in a hotel, I mean have a heap of fun eating my shit. I couldn'tcare less.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

I sleep late. Go to town if you're a creepy morning person.

I didn't mean like "go to town" and stay in a hotel, I mean have a heap of fun eating my shit. I couldn'tcare less.
    Exactly. I don't care either. If people come to my house, I give them the house rules upon arrival. Get up when you want, eat what you want. I'm not a bed and breakfast. You want a bed and breakfast, go to town (literally). I get up about 7am, is that creepy morning person?

Exactly. I don't care either. If people come to my house, I give them the house rules upon arrival. Get up when you want, eat what you want. I'm not a bed and breakfast. You want a bed and breakfast, go to town (literally). I get up about 7am, is that creepy morning person?
    Yep.

But if someone is staying here, we probably got in between 3-5am....so yea. Not just creepy, but crazy.

Yep.

But if someone is staying here, we probably got in between 3-5am....so yea. Not just creepy, but crazy.
    I see

Do I even wanna know?
    Bowie's either calling me an attention whore or saying she's not coming to my fairy princess wedding.
    Either way:

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    My boyfriends step-mom is like this to him all the time- but she nit-picks to his face "you need to shave" "you eat too much" "why aren't you going to school, you're never going to be anything " etc etc. She also pulls the ...whenever you come visit, you need to do things for us, because your step-dad raised you and he didn't have to, now go mow the fucking lawn.

I've only met her like 3 times and she's always treated me like trash. What makes it more awkward is it's his step-dad's new wife. The BF's step dad raised him from like 3 on, and when his mom passed away, continued to do so. When the step dad got remarried, bitch kicked my BF out of the house, threw away all his mom's stuff and told his step dad, "he's not your kid and he's sure as hell not mine, so why is he here?"

I'd rather shoot myself then call this c-unit a mother in law if/when we get married.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

This is the perfect example of someone who should have followed the motto "Say it to my face, son." Because even if she's right, she looks like a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    This is the perfect example of someone who should have followed the motto "Say it to my face, son." Because even if she's right, she looks like a tool.
    Yeah. I'd have had some respect for her if she just said it. But the email is both rude and stupid and does not make her look good.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    My boyfriends step-mom is like this to him all the time- but she nit-picks to his face "you need to shave" "you eat too much" "why aren't you going to school, you're never going to be anything " etc etc. She also pulls the ...whenever you come visit, you need to do things for us, because your step-dad raised you and he didn't have to, now go mow the fucking lawn.

I've only met her like 3 times and she's always treated me like trash. What makes it more awkward is it's his step-dad's new wife. The BF's step dad raised him from like 3 on, and when his mom passed away, continued to do so. When the step dad got remarried, bitch kicked my BF out of the house, threw away all his mom's stuff and told his step dad, "he's not your kid and he's sure as hell not mine, so why is he here?"

I'd rather shoot myself then call this c-unit a mother in law if/when we get married.
    Wow. Is it a problem that people like this make me super angry? I mean, I want to slap people who act like this, but if I gave in to my urges, Id be arrested, So I guess it IS a problem. I need therapy to deal with assholes. Is that sad?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Yeah. I'd have had some respect for her if she just said it. But the email is both rude and stupid and does not make her look good.
    See, I think the email is a better idea. I'd rather my GF's dad sent me an email than confront me about it. Different strokes.....

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Wow. Is it a problem that people like this make me super angry? I mean, I want to slap people who act like this, but if I gave in to my urges, Id be arrested, So I guess it IS a problem. I need therapy to deal with assholes. Is that sad?
    No, I resist the urge to slap people on a daily basis. It's normal. lol. Or at least I hope so, I don't need to be more abnormal than I already am.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Quote Originally Posted by PunkerDuckie View Post
    No, I resist the urge to slap people on a daily basis. It's normal. lol. Or at least I hope so, I don't need to be more abnormal than I already am.
    Oh good. Even if it is crazy, at least now I know Im not alone! Thanks!
    I have even tried to get everyone here at work to sign off on a slap policy. I will give them a choice. If they fuck up and get a write up, It goes on record and once you get 3, your fired. My slap policy will allow the person to just get a slap. This slap will NOT go on record, therefore does not jeopordize their job. My boss would be totally behind this if It wouldnt break so many rules. Theyll get a choice though, so Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Bowie's either calling me an attention whore or saying she's not coming to my fairy princess wedding.
    Either way:
    You're big on planning the fairy princess dream wedding. HOW DARE YOU. DID YOU NOT READ THIS WOMAN'S BOOK OF RULES. We have a lot of jokes in my family about my grandma's Book Of Rules that she's never published but expects everyone's memorized.

You're big on planning the fairy princess dream wedding. HOW DARE YOU. DID YOU NOT READ THIS WOMAN'S BOOK OF RULES. We have a lot of jokes in my family about my grandma's Book Of Rules that she's never published but expects everyone's memorized.
    You always give me a hard time for thinking women are like this, but this is what I'm used to. She likes sports, heels, weddings, and she never shows up. HG is what a woman is to Mr. Ron.

You always give me a hard time for thinking women are like this, but this is what I'm used to. She likes sports, heels, weddings, and she never shows up. HG is what a woman is to miss Jessie.
    Fixed

See, I think the email is a better idea. I'd rather my GF's dad sent me an email than confront me about it. Different strokes.....
    tsk. If you are going to be a judgmental jerk you do it in person, or on the phone so the rudesby you are correcting can't forward your rant to the world. You want to maintain plausible deny ability.

Yeah. "I asked Ron to "blahblahblah" as a favor to him... how was I to know he'd take my suggestions, meant with love, so badly"... only works when you don't leave a paper trail.

When you send an email to someone whining that she doesn't eat the crap you served, but took seconds, and was still hungry? It makes you look like a poor hostess to say the least.

Anyway if you're good to my daughter, and give me cute grandbabys? I don't care if you want seconds.
    Last edited by puzzld; 07-08-2011 at 09:55 AM.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

the rula around my house has always been, If there is food, eat it. If you dont like what was cooked, your welcome to make yourself something else, but youre on your own. And seconds thirds and even fouths are welcome to all.

Thread Information