Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mother-in-law sends rude email to bride: forgivable?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    Looks to me like she didn't take a plate to go; she had seconds. I had no idea that was considered rude.
    Yea...I was very rude last Sunday at my sister's house!!! I had thirds....and took a plate home!!! I must be the devil:)

Looks to me like she didn't take a plate to go; she had seconds. I had no idea that was considered rude.
    Right? My company waits to be offered more food they might just starve. It's right there, dumb ass. Put it on your plate and eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Second... I don't see the big deal about any of the stuff MIL is bitching about. Maybe a little tactless, but I also believe in being a gracious hostess and hoping my guests will be as comfortable and relaxed as possible, moreso than my belief in being a gracious, uptight guest. I'd rather (and do) stay at home or in a hotel than be uncomfortable.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    well, She did say the parents were broke. Maybe bitch was hungry. Didnt know when she may eat next
    And maybe she didn't want to wake up the next morning, at the butt crack of dawn, because her son was banging her all night. She was tired. Geez.
    Toodle Loo

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I don't see how the MIL is a cunt. She's not the one who put this shit "on blast."

No one would know about this if the daughter just took the advice and STFU! If she did it in front of everyone at the party, she's a cunt. If she sends her an email, she's a cunt. The woman can't win, and there's nothing wrong with having some rules in your casa.

Waiting for someone to point out how I'm single.
    Yea, I know...the bitch you marry is always right and your mom is an asshole. I forget sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I don't see how the MIL is a cunt. She's not the one who put this shit "on blast."

No one would know about this if the daughter just took the advice and STFU! If she did it in front of everyone at the party, she's a cunt. If she sends her an email, she's a cunt. The woman can't win, and there's nothing wrong with having some rules in your casa.

Waiting for someone to point out how I'm single.
    Yea, I know...the bitch you marry is always right and your mom is an asshole. I forget sometimes.
    Wouldn't be anything to put on blast if the cunt wouldn't have said it to begin with. Come on, Ron. This is an email about manners and she talks to her dil-to be like that? WTF? Dumb broad wouldn't know manners if they dropped out of the sky and broke her fucking dollar store crystal. If she *had* to say anything there was a much, much, much, much more appropriate AND mannerly way to do it. I think it's hilarious she put it on blast. What is it you always say? Don't start none, ain't got none or some shit?

If someone doesn't eat my cookies, I'm going to feel like an asshole for not making enough variety to accommodate my guest's tastes.
    If someone takes the last slice of pizza, I'm going to call their ass out and get a knife.
    If someone sleeps in all day-- I'm gonna wake their ass up.

MIL is a persnickety bitch and should have addressed her complaints directly, forthright, and politely, rather than being passive-aggressive, humiliating her, making the poor tactless woman's wedding day awkward, and passing judgment on someone she's supposedly going to be dealing with for a lifetime without even bothering to TRY to reach an accord in a direct, civilized manner.

The more I think about it, the more angry I get.

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    Wouldn't be anything to put on blast if the cunt wouldn't have said it to begin with. Come on, Ron. This is an email about manners and she talks to her dil-to be like that? WTF? Dumb broad wouldn't know manners if they dropped out of the sky and broke her fucking dollar store crystal. If she *had* to say anything there was a much, much, much, much more appropriate AND mannerly way to do it. I think it's hilarious she put it on blast. What is it you always say? Don't start none, ain't got none or some shit?

"Don't start none, won't be none."

I think it was kinda shitty, but I don't see where she's so horrible I guess. I mean she just wants her to respect the rules of her house. Not the end of the world.

If someone's mom thought they had to point these things out to me, I'd follow the rules, not broadcast it to people. If anything I'd be embarrassed that I had to be told these things. Just seems like the respectful thing to do.

I'd like another guy to weigh in here, cause I'm curious if the mom is wrong, or it's just that you're all a bunch of unruly bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by once_again View Post
    This.

And maybe she didn't want to wake up the next morning, at the butt crack of dawn, because her son was banging her all night. She was tired. Geez.
    Precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Precisely!
    OMG I just saw this!

"Sorry I didn't get up early, sir. I was up banging your daughter all night."

Yea, I'm starting to think maybe it's you broads.

Unruly bitch here

If someone doesn't eat my cookies, I'm going to feel like an asshole for not making enough variety to accommodate my guest's tastes.
    If someone takes the last slice of pizza, I'm going to call their ass out and get a knife.
    If someone sleeps in all day-- I'm gonna wake their ass up.

MIL is a persnickety bitch and should have addressed her complaints directly, forthright, and politely, rather than being passive-aggressive, humiliating her, making the poor tactless woman's wedding day awkward, and passing judgment on someone she's supposedly going to be dealing with for a lifetime without even bothering to TRY to reach an accord in a direct, civilized manner.

The more I think about it, the more angry I get.
    Are you kidding me? She sent her an email, she didn't fly a plane dragging the message! WHAT THE FUCK!?!? There is no reason to be this pissed about a fucking email. Please tell me you're kidding.

Unruly bitch here :rockon:
    Hey, just admit it. I don't see how this woman is plain evil for asking someone in an email to follow the rules of her house. THE NERVE!

"Don't start none, won't be none."

I think it was kinda shitty, but I don't see where she's so horrible I guess. I mean she just wants her to respect the rules of her house. Not the end of the world.

If someone's mom thought they had to point these things out to me, I'd follow the rules, not broadcast it to people. If anything I'd be embarrassed that I had to be told these things. Just seems like the respectful thing to do.

I'd like another guy to weigh in here, cause I'm curious if the mom is wrong, or it's just that you're all a bunch of unruly bitches.
    Hahah I'm definitely an unruly bitch when it comes to food. I grew up in a family where there was always plenty of food on the table and the guests were expected to just dig in and enjoy. But then it was nothing to have the whole baling crew plus the repair guy who came to fix the baler eat with us. I'm not a member of the elite manners squad, I guess. We just want our guests to feel comfortable.

Are you kidding me? She sent her an email, she didn't fly a plane dragging the message! WHAT THE FUCK!?!? There is no reason to be this pissed about a fucking email. Please tell me you're kidding.
    Have we spoken before? Helloooooo, I'm an over-reactor!

Hahah I'm definitely an unruly bitch when it comes to food. I grew up in a family where there was always plenty of food on the table and the guests were expected to just dig in and enjoy. But then it was nothing to have the whole baling crew plus the repair guy who came to fix the baler eat with us. I'm not a member of the elite manners squad, I guess. We just want our guests to feel comfortable.
    Yea, if my future father-in-law sent me an email asking to not wear shorts to his place for dinner or something, my response would be "not a problem, sir." Not broadcasting the email, or saying he's trying to humiliate me.

Fleta, humiliate? Seriously? Have you ever been asked to do anything, ever?
    Do you know what it means to be humiliated? I'm not even kidding here, cause you're using it all wrong.

Humiliating would be if he were to go on a rant in the middle of dinner about how I went to his house dressed like a classless bum, not sending me a personal message later.

Have we spoken before? Helloooooo, I'm an over-reactor!
    Ah, never mind the last quesiton then.

Funny thing is if you overreact, in the MIL's position you'd just freak out during dinner and never even consider sending an email later on. Haha.

Hahaha I'm literally sitting here laughing out loud about this thread and the attention it's getting. I'm just people and if I have to be perfect in order to go to someone's home I just won't be going and wouldn't care at all. My mil has been smacked down by me so many times when she tried to get uppity that I just don't really hear from her much anymore. Ahh life is good.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Please come to my house for dinner. I'll be having Lime-cilantro grilled steak, grilled vegetables with cilantro butter and cilantro salad. You will eat it without complaint, I assume?
    Of course. I won't say a word. I'll just stab you
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Of course. I won't say a word. I'll just stab you
    See? No snarky emails. Right to the point.

I just have visions of this kid who was raised in an ultra rich and snobbish family bringing this chick home for dinner and everyone is in tuxes or ball gowns and she walks in looking like this and asking where the fuck she can set up her pole. I don't see how any other scenario could make an allegedly well mannered woman act like that.

She didn't send an email politely asking her to mind her manners, she sent a detailed list explaining every error she made, insulting her family, and topped it off by outrightly telling her that she is not good enough for the man she plans to marry. B-I-T-C-H.

Humiliation doesn't have to be public. If you need an entire audience to be humiliated, you probably need to develop your self-esteem. One person whom you hope to earn respect from and anticipate a drawn-out relationship with sneering and all bit spitting on you would be pretty damaging for me.

Every guy knows better than to bring hoes home. Hoes don't meet your mom, and they don't read to your kid. Cause hoes can't act right, and hoes can't read.

She didn't send an email politely asking her to mind her manners, she sent a detailed list explaining every error she made, insulting her family, and topped it off by outrightly telling her that she is not good enough for the man she plans to marry. B-I-T-C-H.

Humiliation doesn't have to be public. If you need an entire audience to be humiliated, you probably need to develop your self-esteem. One person whom you hope to earn respect from and anticipate a drawn-out relationship with sneering and all bit spitting on you would be pretty damaging for me.
    So maybe your self-esteem needs the makeover.

Yanno, I totally thought that for a second, too
    Decided it was redic since I could give two shits what most people think because I'm so awesome. But if I hope to earn someone's respect and they sneer down their nose at me, yeah, I find it disheartening, since I only want respect from people who are also awesome.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    As a socially retarded person, I appreciate when someone points out a mistake i've made. I'm not a cretin by any stretch of the imagination , but i'm super aspie...aka, totally oblivious. Things that would occur to the average person just might not occur to me. the mil could have been nicer, but sometimes people need to be told when they've made a faux pas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Decided it was redic since I could give two shits what most people think because I'm so awesome. But if I hope to earn someone's respect and they sneer down their nose at me, yeah, I find it disheartening, since I only want respect from people who are also awesome.
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    As a socially retarded person, I appreciate when someone points out a mistake i've made. I'm not a cretin by any stretch of the imagination , but i'm super aspie...aka, totally oblivious. Things that would occur to the average person just might not occur to me. the mil could have been nicer, but sometimes people need to be told when they've made a faux pas.
    Yep. I'm not seeing the "horror" here.

Yeah, that email would crush my soul. It would be totally her own fault when I crushed her head. Look what she made me do.

Thread Information