Thread: INFO request! Google Cache/Wayback Machine

INFO request! Google Cache/Wayback Machine

I'm not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but I didn't see another topic that seemed appropriate to ask in...
    I need help with a question...

The condensed version:
    My bf and his very soon-to-be ex wife are having some custody issues. We recently, thru a little Facebook poking around discovered that the wife's new bf has a gun, which since my bf (who knows the guy) doesn't feel comfortable having his kids around.

There was a picture of it on Facebook, that got mentioned during a heated argument about it they just had on the phone... so now the page has been made private.

My question is this:
    If the page was made private, less than an hour ago, is there any way the one of the those WayBack things would be able to grab a cached version of the page before it was made private? And if so, anyone have a link and a little bit of know-how they could share on just how to do that? I know some of you smart folks have found versions of deleted pages and stuff... I'm just not positive the private/un-private ones can be discovered.

Any help at ALL would be appreciated.

Again, I hope this post/question wasn't in the wrong place... if so, my apologies. For as long as I have been lurking you'd think my posting knowledge would be a little better =)

I'm not wearing any pants
    well, should have done a print screen of it real quick before they changed it. . I can't help if i don't have the fb link. I can try. I'm pretty sure i can help you. i have an idea. Pm me the link if you don't want to post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    well, should have done a print screen of it real quick before they changed it. . I can't help if i don't have the fb link. I can try. I'm pretty sure i can help you. i have an idea. Pm me the link if you don't want to post it here.
    I thought about the print screen thing, too, but was on a dang tablet... so I couldn't do anything at the time. At least, I don't know how to screen cap on my dang Kindle, anyhow.

Apparently the solution was easy though, and just grabbed the pic off his page, which for whatever reason they left it on.

Thank you for the offer to help though, much appreciated =)

I'm not wearing any pants
    Quote Originally Posted by bete noire View Post
    I thought about the print screen thing, too, but was on a dang tablet... so I couldn't do anything at the time. At least, I don't know how to screen cap on my dang Kindle, anyhow.

Apparently the solution was easy though, and just grabbed the pic off his page, which for whatever reason they left it on.

Thank you for the offer to help though, much appreciated =)

Okay so you're all set now? Awesome! no prob , anytime!

Thread Information