Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The body of Marie Joseph (36) was found 2 days after drowning in a Massachusetts public pool

2 Workers To Be Charged In Fall River Pool Death

FALL RIVER (CBS) ? Criminal charges are forthcoming in the drowning death of a woman at a public swimming pool in Fall River, the Bristol County District Attorney?s office announced Monday.

The DA said a ?systematic failure? of DCR workers contributed to the death of 37-year-old Marie Joseph. Her body went undiscovered for two days while the Fall River Lafayette Park Pool was open in late June, forcing the closure of the pool and a sweeping review of pool safety statewide.

Reckless endangerment of a child charges will be brought against Brian Shanahan, the DCR Regional Director, and Jeff Carter, the SouthCoast District Manager for failing to do enough to protect the kids who used that pool.

DCR Commissioner Edward M. Lambert Jr. says he has issued a number of policy changes since the death, and cooperated fully with the investigation.

A statement from Lambert said in part:
    ?I requested and received Brian Shanahan?s resignation on July 20, and on the same day placed Jeff Carter on administrative leave. We are now reviewing the report to determine if additional steps are necessary.
    Once again, we extend our deepest condolences to Marie Joseph?s family and friends.?

The investigation found that Joseph?s inability to swim and murky conditions of the water in the pool played a role in her death. Joseph went down a slide, and because the water was so cloudy, lifeguards didn?t see her struggling.

Time-lapse video also released showed the pool throughout the month of June, starting in the weeks before Joseph?s drowning on June 26.

The video showed debris had not been removed from the bottom of the pool before it was filled. The report said water at the time of Joseph?s drowning was nearly opaque.
    http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/10/0...er-pool-death/

I don't really understand those charges. The condition of the pool was deplorable. Why would anyone even swim in a pool where the water was "nearly opaque?"
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

I dont get it either.
    I thought the water was cloudy because she was decomposing in it, turns out it was cloudy before she even went in, so why would she ever go in there?
    Theres a pic from the day she died on that link and shes in the pool, it doesnt look freakishly cloudy to me

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    I dont get it either.
    I thought the water was cloudy because she was decomposing in it, turns out it was cloudy before she even went in, so why would she ever go in there?
    Theres a pic from the day she died on that link and shes in the pool, it doesnt look freakishly cloudy to me
    It's pretty cloudy. You would not be able to see the bottom of the 12 ft area of the pool. It should not be that cloudy.
    "...Jeffrey Dahmer... actually confessed and accepted his punishment. Had real remorse for the sick things he did. It's pretty bad when Jeffrey Dahmer is a better person than you are." ~Justice11 (re: Jodi Arias)

I figured it might be from the kids splashing.
    I went to a resort a few months ago and was lounging in the pool and there was about eighty billion children in there (rough estimate) so the whole thing looked like a cloudy toilet.
    While it was disgusting, I cant see criminal charges being brought against the resort operators like they are doing here

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Its because they are all under the age of 18. you cant expext someone whose entire life experience is taking a shit to save your life. He was probably having some serious thought about what stupid haircut he was gonna get next. ( IDK what the fuck kids think about nowadays)
    What teenagers do you know? I bitch about kids but shit. Most teens I know are not that sociopathic.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Thread Information