Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The body of Marie Joseph (36) was found 2 days after drowning in a Massachusetts public pool

I don't believe you cannot see the bottom of that pool even at 12 feet deep unless it is really dirty, or "cloudy." What would be the reason for that?

And this is inexcusable:

Incredibly, a nine-year-old boy who was with Mrs Joseph on Sunday went to tell a life guard she had fallen into the pool - but was reportedly ignored.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1QsCEgV8X

And WTF with this?

Despite being missing for two days, Friends of Mrs Joseph did not report her disappearance to the authorities.
    Last edited by deeply shaded; 07-01-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    I don't believe you cannot see the bottom of that pool even at 12 feet deep unless it is really dirty, or "cloudy." What would be the reason for that?

And this is inexcusable:

Incredibly, a nine-year-old boy who was with Mrs Joseph on Sunday went to tell a life guard she had fallen into the pool - but was reportedly ignored.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1QsCEgV8X

And WTF with this?

Despite being missing for two days, Friends of Mrs Joseph did not report her disappearance to the authorities.
    That's why it only makes a TINY bit more sense to me. Does nobody swim underwater at that pool? Stand on the outside of the deep end? I don't know, unless it was seriously murky, I still don't see how you could just "miss" a body.

I was all WTF at the fact that she was even IN the deep end if she couldn't swim...but if she fell in, I can understand what happened. The rest is still...well...WTF.

I've read a couple of stories that said she "somehow fell down the slide" or some shit.

The more I read the less I get it. She had 5 kids. She had family. She had a boyfriend. She had friends. But nobody reported her missing? Where were her kids? Where was her boyfriend? Nobody noticed she wasn't home for two days?

And this kid who reported she went under and didn't come back up. Where do I begin with him? He tried and was ignored, but did he not look into the water? I have never been in a pool where you couldn't see the bottom. I clearly remember seeing cracks, areas where paint was chipped off. Not being able to see the bottom makes no sense to me. So this kid didn't look for her? Didn't mention it to any of the other adults? Didn't mention it when he got home to his parents?

Didn't it ever come up within that group in two days that nobody had heard from her? They left the pool without her and nobody checked to see if she was home? And the kid didn't overhear any conversations by the adults that she was missing and say anything?

I'm lost. I have no idea how this happened.

http://www.newser.com/story/122418/b...ome-alone.html

This article says the friends thought she walked home and her boyfriend thought she wanted to be alone.

And this kid who reported she went under and didn't come back up. Where do I begin with him? He tried and was ignored, but did he not look into the water? I have never been in a pool where you couldn't see the bottom. I clearly remember seeing cracks, areas where paint was chipped off. Not being able to see the bottom makes no sense to me. So this kid didn't look for her? Didn't mention it to any of the other adults? Didn't mention it when he got home to his parents?

Didn't it ever come up within that group in two days that nobody had heard from her? They left the pool without her and nobody checked to see if she was home? And the kid didn't overhear any conversations by the adults that she was missing and say anything?

I'm lost. I have no idea how this happened.
    Yeah, I just think people ignored the child to begin with, and if no adults were reacting in a "ZOMG!!!11! She fell IN??!" way, he just gave up. It depends on what he said to them, whether people knew she couldn't swim...although I can't imagine going swimming in a group and not saying "Hey, not so keen on anything above my waist what with not being able to swim, and all".

Also, unless she was unconcious, how did other people not notice her drowning?

I can't argue, I have no idea how this happened either. Accidents happen, but her not being found for two days is unforgivable.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    idk. My kid is 8 and I can't imagine her just letting it go if she was like, "hey, my mom is at the bottom of this pool" and was brushed off. I don't get any of this at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    idk. My kid is 8 and I can't imagine her just letting it go if she was like, "hey, my mom is at the bottom of this pool" and was brushed off. I don't get any of this at all.
    I know, I'm reaching. I just can't explain what happened really. If someone I was with fell into a pool and didn't resurface, I would have been hysterical at that age. I can't imagine my daughter letting it go either. It's not the kid, though - it's the adults who didn't act on what he was telling them. Poor woman, though. I just hope she was out cold and didn't know too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Yeah, Alex is 9 and I keep trying to imagine his reaction. Never mentioning it again is just not a scenario that I'm seeing.

Anyone think maybe the kid really didn't say soemthing? I don't feel like going back, but I thought the first article didn't say anything about the kid telling a lifeguard....maybe after the boy was being questionsed, and people kept saying "Why didn't you tell somebody?" the boy felt bad and didn't want to get in toruble, so he lied and just said he did? I mean, is it a known fact he DID say something? I have a really hard time believing he told a lifeguard that, and was ignored. I ahve a little bit easier time believing the kid felt pressured to lie so he wouldn't get in trouble...I dunno, just a thought I had.

Also, they left a little boy in the care of an adult who can't even swim herself? What good would she do? lol. I don't know about anyone else, but if I needed someone to watch my kid while he swam, I would opt for someone who could swim.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

That is possible that he didn't say anything. Maybe he was mad about being left with her or something so he didn't care that she disappeared.

I read in one article that she was left playing on the side with him, so maybe he wasn't supposed to be in the water or at least not in the deep stuff.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-dies-...ef=abc-fb-recs

By OLIVIA KATRANDJIAN
    July 2, 2011

A 9-year-old boy immediately told lifeguards at a Fall River, Mass., pool that a woman had gone underwater and not come up, but nothing was done and it was more than two days before her body was found. According to the boy's mother, one of the lifeguards said she was on her break.

The body of Marie Joseph was not discovered at the bottom of the public swimming pool in Fall River until Tuesday night, two and a half days later.

On Monday, children swam in the pool unaware that her body was at the bottom.

Candela Matta was at the 12-foot-deep Vietnam Veterans Swimming Pool with the 36-year-old Joseph and a group of people Sunday. Matta told The Associated Press that some friends even waited for Joseph at the pool and a nearby park until Sunday evening.

Her boyfriend, who told the AP that Joseph knew how to swim, said he thought she wanted to be by herself after she did not answer or return his phone calls.

According to law enforcement, Joseph slid down the pool's water slide with a neighbor's 9-year-old son.
    "Marie unexpectedly slid down the slide, landing on top of him," Fall River Police Chief Daniel Racine said Wednesday. Racine said Joseph went under the water and did not surface.

Candella Matta/AP Photo
    Marie Joseph in the public swimming pool at... View Full Size

Mother Dead in Public Pool for 2 Days Watch Video

Boston-Area Woman Found Dead in Public Pool Watch Video

Autopsy results released from the Bristol County District Attorney's office today say that Joseph accidentally drowned.

Police said the boy notified two lifeguards separately immediately after the incident, around 2 p.m. Sunday, but no action was taken. Investigators are looking at surveillance video.

The boy's mother, Danyelle Hunt, 30, said in an interview Friday that her son keeps saying he wishes he were bigger so he could have saved the woman, according to the Boston Globe.

"He's sad because he saw the last moments of Marie's life, and when he tried to do something, nobody listened,'' Hunt said.
    Hunt said her son went down a slide at the pool in front of Joseph, and Joseph grazed him on the head as she splashed down from the slide, according to the Boston Globe.

Joseph attempted to apologize, but couldn't because she started sinking, according to the boy. He tried to grab her, but Joseph had already sunk to the bottom of the pool.

The boy immediately went to a lifeguard, who told him she was on break, Hunt said. He went to another lifeguard, who told him that they were going to do a pool check "in a minute.''

Joseph, a mother of five with the words "Family" and "First" tattooed on her wrists, was found Tuesday evening by passersby.
    "He's just really sad right now,'' Hunt said of her son. "He keeps saying he wishes he was bigger. They will never ever go again to a pool around here. I will put a pool in this little cement area here; if they're hot they can play here. Those lifeguards, that's their job to save lives and they didn't do that.''

Although the pool was open to the public, Fall River Mayor William Flanagan said its permit had expired Dec. 31. Two health inspectors visited the pool Monday, Flanagan said, and one of them returned Tuesday and reported that the water was cloudy.

Cloudy Water Played 'Major Role'

B.J. Fisher, head of the American Lifeguard Association, told ABC News today that cloudy water likely played a "major role" in the body's apparently going unnoticed.

Fisher said cloudy water was a problem facing lots of pools during the summer because the water gets dirty when patrons enter it and at times the filtration system may be broken.

The health department was out there," Fisher told ABC News today. "They even spoke about the cloudiness of the water." Fisher, who said he knew of at least two incidents in which a body went unnoticed at the bottom of a pool, said lifeguards should always be able to see the main drain cover.

In Fall River, Flanagan placed two inspectors on administrative leave and the staff at the pool were suspended.
    Twenty-four of the state's deep-water pools were closed until further notice.

This article has a lot of details about the little boy. Unless his mom is in on his coverup, I don't think he would make up those details about what the lifeguards said.

And gag about the filtration systems not working.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Um. Ew. I would not swim in cloudy watet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Quote Originally Posted by neenerneener View Post
    Um. Ew. I would not swim in cloudy watet.
    I wouldn't be caught dead in watet.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    I wouldn't be caught dead in watet.
    Dammit. You know I meant "water."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

I just took my kid to a public pool with a slide last week. The slide is in the deep end and you are NOT allowed on that end unless you are sliding and then when you reach the bottom of the slide the little 15 year old life guard yells and blows his whistle like a dick until you get out of there. so if she was stuck at the bottom, I could see none of the pool patrons knowing she was there, but the lifegaurds are stupid in this case. or at the very least lazy. check the effing pool morons. thats what you get when you hire jr high school kids. ( High school maybe, I dunno Kids seem to get smaller every year) And Not to mention GROSS

Uh yeah. I always wondered why some peeps had a fit about swimming in a "nasty" public pool, but if they are places where you can't see a body on the bottom???

Our pools are clear enough you can see a button or a penny. I don't think a body would go unnoticed.

As for the lg that was "on break"
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Its because they are all under the age of 18. you cant expext someone whose entire life experience is taking a shit to save your life. He was probably having some serious thought about what stupid haircut he was gonna get next. ( IDK what the fuck kids think about nowadays)

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    Its because they are all under the age of 18. you cant expext someone whose entire life experience is taking a shit to save your life. He was probably having some serious thought about what stupid haircut he was gonna get next. ( IDK what the fuck kids think about nowadays)
    Not all of them...
    http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/art...cc4c002e0.html
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    ( IDK what the fuck kids think about nowadays)
    Comic books and those hand held telephone devices

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    yeah sometimes someones parents will do something right and a good kid will slip in there somewhere. They dont make to many of those anymore though

It still makes no sense!!!! Didn't the kid tell the group pf people he was with? You know, the ones who were waiting around for her? Or, at the very least, his mother??? Gah!!!!
    Lurker checking in.

It sounds like they all went swimming together? Didn't the 9 year old tell anyone else besides the lifeguards??

Quote Originally Posted by snowfallsoon View Post
    It sounds like they all went swimming together? Didn't the 9 year old tell anyone else besides the lifeguards??
    Are you on a 3 day delay or something?

Are you on a 3 day delay or something?
    I know! I wasn't supposed to realize that for 3 days though.

Thread Information