Ahhh tourist season

Live ammunition fired from a gun used during an Old West shootout re-enactment injured three tourists June 17 in Hill City, Pennington County Sheriff Kevin Thom said.
Paul Doering, 49, of Summerset, was the re-enactor who fired the gun, Thom said Friday during a news conference.
It still isn't clear how live ammunition ended up in Doering's gun, Thom said, and his office has not yet determined whether the incident was accidental or intentional.
"I don't think there was a specific target in the crowd," Thom said.
Doering has been interviewed, and Thom said he and the other re-enactors have cooperated with the investigation.
Reached by phone Friday evening, Doering declined to comment until the investigation is complete.
Thom said his office is waiting for ballistics reports from the South Dakota Department of Criminal Investigation's laboratory in Pierre.
As of Friday, Doering had been neither charged nor arrested. Thom said he will consult with the state's attorney and the U.S. attorney over the next week to decide whether to file charges.
The Dakota Wild Bunch Reinactors had staged Old West shootouts in downtown Hill City for about five years, with no known incidents attributed to their troupe before last week's shootings. The Wild Bunch normally used blank cartridges in their re-enactments.
Jose Pruneda, 52, of Alliance, Neb., Carrol Knutson, 65, of Birchwood, Minn., and John Ellis, 48, of South Connellsville, Pa., were shot in the incident.
Knutson said Friday that she'll "sleep a little better at night" now that she knows more about the incident.
"I'm shocked that it could happen, grateful it wasn't some psycho in the crowd that could do it again," Knutson said.
Brenda Nolting, Hill City Chamber of Commerce president, said Friday that Thom's report was "not what I wanted to hear."
"I was hoping to hear that it was some kind of malfunction with the gun or misfire or something with the blanks. I didn't want to hear it was live ammunition," Nolting said. "I'm still in shock over the whole thing."
Investigators recovered three of the four bullets fired on the scene, two of them Friday afternoon. One had penetrated a stop sign 400 feet away from the site of the shooting, another was on a sidewalk and the third in a grassy area.
Both Knutson and Ellis have said their doctors recovered bullet fragments while performing surgery, but those fragments were not kept.
Knutson, who is retired, is still recovering from her leg injury, which could take eight or more weeks to heal.
She said she hasn't given much thought to possibly filing a lawsuit and hopes it doesn't come to that.
"I would much prefer that somebody would come forward and offer to pay the hospital bills and promise me it won't happen again," Knutson said. "I just don't want anybody else to ever have to go through anything like this."