Thread: Bus Crash in Atlanta Kills 6

Bus Crash in Atlanta Kills 6

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-6451967,00.html

Not much info because it just happened..the article and the news said that it was a 'youth baseball team' so I'm not sure how young 'youth' is and whether they'll have myspaces, but it's something to watch.

RIP Baseball Boys

Re: Bus Crash in Atlanta Kills 6

6 people have been reported dead... i just sat in an hour of traffic. they were college age... from Ohio.  RIP baseball boys.
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

Yeah the news just said &quot;college baseball players&quot;..they fell off of an overpass in a friggin' bus..this one gets to me a bit because I've always been scared of falling off of those overpasses...it flipped as it fell..

They're about to show a press conference about it on CNN, I'll update if anything new is released.

EDIT:
    &nbsp; &nbsp; -They're from Bluffton University in Ohio, they were headed to Florida for a game.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; -6 killed, 19 injured/in the hospital, 3 critical, 1 critical but alert, other mild/moderate injuries

[quote author=Ren link=topic=5237.msg208973#msg208973 date=1172844150]
    Yeah the news just said &quot;college baseball players&quot;..they fell off of an overpass in a friggin' bus..this one gets to me a bit because I've always been scared of falling off of those overpasses...it flipped as it fell..

They're about to show a press conference about it on CNN, I'll update if anything new is released.

EDIT:
    &nbsp; &nbsp; -They're from Bluffton University in Ohio, they were headed to Florida for a game.
    &nbsp; &nbsp; -6 killed, 19 injured/in the hospital, 3 critical, 1 critical but alert, other mild/moderate injuries
    [/quote]

it happened at like 6am or something but 75 South is still completely stopped... the road out in front of my office building is stopped too.&nbsp; it's so tragic.&nbsp;
    Don&#39;t argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.<br /><br />[quote author=bowieluva link=action=profile;u=5553 date=1236809919]<br />ALEX IS WATCHING YOU THROUGH A HOLE IN HIS FACE [/quote]

[quote author=Ren link=topic=5237.msg208973#msg208973 date=1172844150]

EDIT:
    [/quote]

Whoa.&nbsp; 6 dead.&nbsp; 19 injured.&nbsp; This could almost be a new version of the 'We are Marshall&quot; movie in a few years.

Pretty horrible.&nbsp;

Even if they release the names of those killed or injured, I don't know if they'd have a myspace either.&nbsp; They went to a Mennonite school, aren't they similar to Amish people?&nbsp;

Anyway, RIP guys.&nbsp; And I hope the one's that are injured recover quickly.

That's terrible. What an awful way to die.&nbsp; :-(
    A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter.

Jesus I hated that 'We Are Marshall' movie..my parents and grandma were all tearing up and we had to stay and watch ALL of the credits because they showed actual pictures of the players at the end..I swear to God it was nothing but Matthew McConaughey talking out of the side of his mouth for TWO HOURS.

Wikipedia on 'Mennonites':

The Mennonites are a group of Christian Anabaptist denominations named after and influenced by the teachings and tradition of Menno Simons (1496-1561). As one of the historic peace churches, Mennonites are committed to nonviolence, nonresistance, and pacifism.

There are about 1.5 million Mennonites worldwide as of 2006[1]. Mennonite congregations worldwide embody the full scope of Mennonite practice from old fashioned 'plain' people to those who are indistinguishable in dress and appearance from the general population. With a few notable exceptions, Mennonite experience in Europe and North America has been, and continues to be, predominantly rural. The largest population of Mennonites is in Africa, but Mennonites can also be found in tight-knit communities in at least 51 countries on six continents or scattered amongst the populace of those countries.

I honestly didn't know what the hell a Mennonite was before now..yeah it doesn't sound like they'd have myspaces..or computers.. :-(

Update: Really fucked up guy who was on the bus giving a press conference..it's really sad..he keep tearing up when he tries to talk about the people who died..
    &nbsp; &nbsp; -His name is A.J. Ramthun, from Springfield

&nbsp; &nbsp; -Black eyes, scratches and contusions all over his face, broken collarbone, stitches in ear and on face, &quot;finger&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; scraped to the bone&quot;..ouch x.x
    &nbsp; &nbsp; -No myspace that I could find =(

Cute guy...

He's a bit ginger though..maybe not having a soul had something to do with him surviving the accident..

[quote author=Ren link=topic=5237.msg209337#msg209337 date=1172856431]
    He's a bit ginger though..maybe not having a soul had something to do with him surviving the accident..
    [/quote]

:|&nbsp; :lol:

I actually called in late to work. They had shut down I-75 north of Atlanta at 285. My apartment is right near there, and I take 285 to work. It was jammed and not moving because everyone on 75 had to divert to 285, so I stayed home until it cleared up a bit. They say there were no skid marks. It just plummeted. It's so sad!!!&nbsp;

Thread Information