Thread: Alexis Greene, 6 weeks, overdose of morphine (in breast milk)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alexis Greene, 6 weeks, overdose of morphine (in breast milk)

Stephanie Irene Greene, 37, Charged With Homicide By Child Abuse

SPARTANBURG COUNTY, S.C. -- A baby died because of drugs that passed to the infant through the mother's breast milk, deputies say, and after a lengthy investigation, that mother has been charged with homicide.
    Deputies said on Nov. 13, 2010, a 911 call was made about a dead infant at a home on Kimbrell Loop in the Campobello community.
    After the Spartanburg County Coroner’s Office and the Spartanburg County Sheriff’s Office investigated the death, they determined that lethal amounts of medications, including morphine, had been passed to the infant through the breast milk of the baby's mother.
    The investigation included toxicology tests.
    Investigators said after an extensive investigation, they determined the child’s mother, Stephanie Irene Greene, was taking prescription painkillers while nursing her 1½ month old. Greene was arrested on Friday.
    "Doing toxicology tests and things like that, we wanted to make sure, and the coroner's office wanted to make sure that we had done everything correctly and possible to make sure we understood fully what had happened to this child, how this child died and who was responsible for it," said Tony Ivey of the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office.
    Greene, 37, has been charged with homicide by child abuse or neglect and 38 counts of violation of drug distribution laws.
    According to a representative from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control, Greene used fraudulent prescriptions to obtain painkillers in patch and pill form from a pharmacy in Inman. The DHEC representative said Greene got the drugs between March 2009 and December 2010.
    Greene was arrested Friday and is at the Spartanburg County Detention Center.
    "Taking care of children and raising children is very serious business, and if you're taking medication or whatever, follow the doctor's guidelines, consult your doctor, because this is something that should never have happened to an infant child like that. It had no control over this whatsoever and the mother should've known better," Ivey said.

Read more: http://www.wyff4.com/news/28349979/d...#ixzz1QR79Fmky

Six-week-old baby dies after 'overdosing on morphine in mother's breast milk'

''A six-week-old baby died after she received lethal doses of the painkiller morphine through her mother's breast milk, police said.
    Alexis was found dead in her bed at the home of her mother Stephanie Greene, 37, in Campobello, South Carolina.
    The painkiller allegedly got into Greene’s breast milk after she took pills and used patches containing morphine after the child’s birth.
    A homicide investigation was opened in January and autopsy results showed a lethal level of morphine in the child's body.
    Greene has since been charged with homicide by child abuse.
    La Leche League International is an organisation that encourages breast-feeding in new mothers.
    Breast-feeding mothers are allowed to take morphine because low levels of it pass into the mother's milk when taken properly, an organisation spokesman said.
    ‘Most drugs like morphine pass so poorly through human milk that it is nearly impossible for a child to have a therapeutic dose, much less a lethal dose,’ the spokesman said.
    But authorities said their investigation shows Greene illegally obtained the drugs at least 38 times in less than two years at a Spartanburg pharmacy.
    That led authorities to also charge Greene with 38 counts of violating drug distribution laws.
    If convicted, she faces up to five years in prison for each felony count and also faces 20 years to life in prison if convicted of homicide by child abuse.''

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1QR6gmY63
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's weird to me what this happens because I don't think of partying, drug addicted mothers as being breast feeders. They seem more like the "stuff a bottle in the kid's mouth, I'm going to party" type.

Also, do a lot of people just not realize that anything they put in their body gets in their breast milk? And if it passes through the breast milk so poorly she must have been taking gigantic doses.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    It's weird to me what this happens because I don't think of partying, drug addicted mothers as being breast feeders. They seem more like the "stuff a bottle in the kid's mouth, I'm going to party" type.

Also, do a lot of people just not realize that anything they put in their body gets in their breast milk? And if it passes through the breast milk so poorly she must have been taking gigantic doses.
    Maybe they do it cause it's cheaper than formula. More $ for drugs.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    Similac is free through WIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    So is Enfamil. I miss WIC. Well, I don't miss the baby part, just the milk and cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    Wow. What is WIC? That is pretty neat

Wow. What is WIC? That is pretty neat

Stands for Women, Infants and Children. It's to help make healthy moms and babies. It's very specific about what you can buy, certain juices, cereals, milk, just healthy stuff. It's easier to qualify for than food stamps but it's only for pregnant women and young children.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    I was just about to say that, Olivia.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    I was just about to say that, Olivia.
    Good point, and that crossed my mind, but it just seems like two completely opposite worlds to me, breast feeding mom and drug addict. I wonder if she was always around to feed the baby. I wonder if she pumped when she was going to be gone or if the baby got formula part of the time. I guess not all addicts are out living in the streets, though. Maybe her dealer made house calls.

Good point, and that crossed my mind, but it just seems like two completely opposite worlds to me, breast feeding mom and drug addict. I wonder if she was always around to feed the baby. I wonder if she pumped when she was going to be gone or if the baby got formula part of the time. I guess not all addicts are out living in the streets, though. Maybe her dealer made house calls.
    It’s an oxymoron. Breastfeeding generally implies care and nurturing. And it also involves being around the baby. Which is the opposite of what you think a drug addict would want or is able to provide.

Its true. My cousin used to gut houses that were used for cooking meth. 9 times out of 10 he was in the super rich neighborhoods with the million dollar homes. It shocked the shit out of me. I figured drug addicts just smoked or popped or banged all their cash, but I guess not. Most of these people were functioning memebers of society too. they would get up, cook their meth and then go and hold regular jobs and noone would be any the wiser.

I was thinking it had to be a super large doseage also for it to be lethal in the baby. How sad.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    what a dirtfuck. i'm glad she's going to jail. RIP poor baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

Thread Information