Thread: Wayne Sowa (30) took his own life by an unknown method

Wayne Sowa (30) took his own life by an unknown method

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2013...unknown_method

This is Mackenzie Hohl's father - http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012..._pool_of_water

http://www.facebook.com/wayniac79

Wayne P. Sowa, 30, of 129 Flagg St., died Saturday, Jan. 16.

He is survived by three loving daughters, MacKenzie Hohl, Izabella and Abigail Sowa; his parents, Richard and Sandra Sowa; a sister, Kelly Sowa, all of Clinton; two brothers, Todd Sowa and his wife, Bernadette, of Shirley, and Derek Sowa of Clinton; three nephews, Todd, Michael and Alex of Shirley; a special uncle and friend, Mark T. Sowa of Clinton; numerous aunts and uncles, cousins and friends.

Mr. Sowa was raised in Clinton attended local schools and was a career carpenter. He was employed with F&M Contractors in Clinton and worked for many years as a maintenance supervisor for Hillbrook Orchards in Groton. He was an avid fan of the Boston Red Sox and loved music from the Beatles. He enjoyed woodworking, landscaping and most cherished time spent with his daughters and family.

A graveside service is to be held on Saturday, Jan. 30, at 11 a.m. at St. John Cemetery in Lancaster. Funeral arrangements are under the direction of the Philbin-Comeau Funeral Home, 176 Water St., Clinton. Online condolences may be placed at www.philbincomeaufh.com.

http://www.telegram.com/article/2010...6/-1/coulter05
    Last edited by Olivia; 01-27-2013 at 05:00 PM.

A letter that Mackenzie wrote -

The following is a poem I wrote for my father, Wayne Sowa, who died on Jan. 16, 2010, to try to explain to him, and myself, what has been happening the last year without him:

It’s been a year now daddy and I’m beginning to understand life less and less every day. When I was young, I used to believe that I actually had the world all figured out, but now, as I grow, I know that having the world all figured out is virtually impossible because I now realize I will never understand even the simplest things that life has to offer, like why people love who they love, and why people fight with the ones they love the most.

People used to tell me I was going to go places, that I was the one who was actually going to be somebody … somebody my parents never were, somebody they longed for me to be, and somebody I have always dreamed of becoming, not just to satisfy myself, but also to satisfy my family and those around me.

Now it is as if my life has taken a 180-degree turn around the sharpest corner of life. I am so confused on everything. I am now beginning to question all of my goals and aspirations in life that I had once set for myself. Life is getting too complicated for me. I’m to the point where I am just living day by day.

Though I feel as if I have everything in life that a girl could ask for — I have a lot of friends, family, and a boyfriend who cares for me greatly — I feel more alone than I ever have before. I used to be a very caring person; I would do anything for anyone. But now it’s as if I have no cares, and do not worry about what people will think of me if I don’t do what is expected. I have stopped living by what other people think of me and I have started living how I want to live. I no longer act like the person I am not. I show my true colors and many do not like them.

Maybe that is why I am so confused … I don’t know who to satisfy, myself or the people that care about me. I don’t think I will ever understand this roller coaster and why I was chosen to take this ride. Right now I don’t know if it will ever even come to a complete stop, but until it does I guess I will just keep feeling this way inside. I miss you so much, daddy.

Mackenzie Hohl

Age 14

Clinton

http://www.telegram.com/article/2011...ER01/101140324

Sandra Sowa

Monday.

have no idea what it is but i cant move on....i was strong with wayne but kenzie has crused me big time...thought about getting help but the truth they never knew her or me or wayne hell my fb friends know me better...hoping this will pass what not betting on it

https://www.facebook.com/wayniac79#!/sandra.sowa
    ???

From a comment on the thread above...

Debra Goodsell Sandy, it's not time to move on. You need to grieve and that takes time. Give yourself this time to heal. This wound is way to fresh. Cry... it helps. I talk to MacKenzie in the Chapel at St. John's that is where we spent time together. Maybe you should seek healing there.

did Mackenzie pass also??????

apparently so :( oh my goodness- my heart aches for this family

http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dl...106129874/1116

In Clinton, family and friends struggle to understand death of Mackenzie Hohl

Chief: 99 percent sure teen’s death accidental

By Karen Nugent TELEGRAM & GAZETTE STAFF

Add a comment

? Enlarge photo

Ms. Hohl
    Enlarge photo

Ms. Hohl's body was found below this steep embankment. (T&G Staff/CHRISTINE PETERSON)
    Enlarge photo

CLINTON — Sandra M. Sowa, armed with a flashlight, spent Friday night and early Saturday morning searching her yard, swimming pool, chaise lounges and train tracks behind her Flagg Street home desperately hoping to find her granddaughter, Mackenzie Hohl, a regular visitor who often took a shortcut across the tracks.

The sad news that the 15-year-old’s body was found Sunday afternoon in a culvert behind the Hannaford Plaza, off Brook Street not far from her house, came as a complete surprise.

“I knew she was gone,” Ms. Sowa said. “I woke up Sunday morning crying my eyes out.”

Ms. Sowa described her granddaughter, who lived with her other set of grandparents on Webster Street, as a normal, easygoing, lovable girl who excelled at Irish step dancing, played high school basketball, and taught CCD to young children at St. John’s Church.

“She was the light of my life,” Ms. Sowa said.

Police Chief Mark R. Laverdure said investigators are 99 percent sure Mackenzie’s death was accidental, but an autopsy is pending and the case is under investigation. She was dropped off by a male friend at nearby Brook and Main streets around 10 p.m. Friday, the chief said.

Her body was found by a Clinton man — a friend of Mackenzie’s late father, Wayne P. Sowa — in a small body of water about 20 to 30 feet down a steep embankment near railroad tracks behind the Hannaford supermarket.

Ms. Sowa said her son, Mackenzie’s father, and his friend used to play in the water at that spot when they were little, and the friend decided to check it out because of that. The culvert currently only has a small amount water in that one area, and the brush-lined path to it is about a half-mile down from the well-worn path to her grandmother’s house.

At the site yesterday, high school friends Tianna Sawers, 16, and Leticia Rivera, 17, had doubts Mackenzie would have taken a wrong path to the Sowa home.

“She went this way all the time, drunk and not drunk,” Miss Sawers said. “She would never have gone off the path here.”

The students said Mackenzie had been at a party, but they did not know who dropped her off. They questioned why the driver did not take her all the way to the Sowa house.

Tianna said while Mackenzie was fairly popular and happy, she had bouts of sadness about her father’s suicide in January 2009.

“She wondered why her dad would do such a thing, but then she would listen to music and shrug it off,” Miss Rivera said.

Neither teen thought Mackenzie took her own life.

Besides a memorial cross at the embankment yesterday, there was a bouquet of flowers and large plastic flowers floating in the culvert.

After Wayne Sowa died, Mackenzie’s mother, Katie Hohl, left the state. Mackenzie was subsequently adopted by her maternal grandparents, Dorothea and William Hohl of Webster Street, across town.

Yesterday, in front of the family’s chalet-style house with the family’s St. Bernard, Shannon, bounding around, Mrs. Hohl said her granddaughter played school baseball and basketball and had been a cheerleader for years. Mrs. Hohl said Mackenzie had been on the way to “her other grammy’s” Friday night, and had been walking alone along the tracks.

High School Principal James S. Hastings said final exams were postponed to today because students are grieving and wanted to be with their teachers yesterday. “They are here for the kids,” he said. “Each period counselors and teachers are sitting with the kids to help them face the reality of what they are going through.”

Mr. Hastings, who knew Mackenzie for some time, said she was a bright girl who was always smiling.

“Every morning — at 7:15 a.m. — she would give a big smile and a wave. She will be greatly missed.”

A spokesman for Worcester District Attorney Joseph D. Early Jr. said any images captured by surveillance cameras at the plaza are under investigation. But he said based on interviews and investigation at the site, there is no evidence of foul play.

It is unclear whether Mackenzie’s blood will be tested for alcohol content. The spokesman said if such a test is ordered by the state medical examiner, it may take weeks to obtain results.

"Tianna said while Mackenzie was fairly popular and happy, she had bouts of sadness about her father’s suicide in January 2009"

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by just looking View Post
    apparently so :( oh my goodness- my heart aches for this family
    Yes, apparently so from the first line of this thread.

http://mydeathspace.com/article/2012..._pool_of_water
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Thread Information