Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: Couponing! Old lady whatup

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    There isn't a Publix near me at all. I wish there was!
    The sauce at my local Target wasn't on sale for $1, but I went ahead and used the coupon for 2 sauces and the other coupon, save $1 on 3 boxes of pasta.

I did get a good deal on Milkbone Trail Mix Dog Treats. Target coupon for $1 off and a manuf. coupon for $1 off, so paid .89 for the bag.

I also bought a couple of toys. Used the Target coupon for $5 off and a manuf. for $5 off the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy, $15.19. Then saved $6 on the Fisher-Price Giggle Gang Toys, $12.99, so almost half off of that one. (My grandson loves that thing!) Going to give him the puppy for Easter.

I spent $31 and saved $35.

I've noticed that prices on items at my local Target and Walmart stores are always more than the prices I see when I go to coupon sites.
    Not sure why, since I live in West Virginia! You'd think the prices would be lower since we are such a poor state. lol

I lost all my CVS ECB's and Rite Aid Up Rewards. I have to start over this week. I haven't even had a chance to browse through the ads yet to see what deals are available.

Edit: Here's a link to the Target toy deals. I also saw that coupons.com had more toy coupons recently added. http://www.pennypinchinmom.com/new-t...vings-on-toys/
    Do they double coupons in your neck of the woods? They did when I lived in VA, but I didn't coupon then and was devastated to find that out later.

I know what you mean about the prices. Iheartpublix will post an ad and then when I look at it our prices here in Fl are at least 25% higher. On the bright side the stores in my area will take Winn Dixie and Target coupons to stack as competitor coupons.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Coupon wizards page is a real help if you're just getting into couponing. They have webinars and teach the right way to coupon.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    I saved 40% today. Which is good, but I feel that I could have gotten more or done better. Damn you budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I saved 40% today. Which is good, but I feel that I could have gotten more or done better. Damn you budget.
    I always feel that way, too.

I got a decent haul at CVS today for $12. 4 body washes, 2 deodorants, 3 boxes of Puffs, a bag of jellybeans, and a bottle of Dawn. And I left with 7 ECB as well.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Do they double coupons in your neck of the woods? They did when I lived in VA, but I didn't coupon then and was devastated to find that out later.

I know what you mean about the prices. Iheartpublix will post an ad and then when I look at it our prices here in Fl are at least 25% higher. On the bright side the stores in my area will take Winn Dixie and Target coupons to stack as competitor coupons.
    In my area, Kroger doubles up to and including .50. Shop 'n Save doubles up to .99, which is awesome, but they have a limit on how many coupons you can use and they will NOT double any printed/internet coupons.

I think Walmart is the only store around here that will take other store coupons.

Target deal:

FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System $16.99 each

Target mobile coupon $10.00 off PLUS manufacturer coupon $10.00 off = FREE

Print out manufacturer coupon here: http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smar...=M4X5I4OQFZYRW

Sign up for Target mobile coupons here: http://m.target.com/sms/coupon-alrts/form

Out of stock at my local target though. Figures!

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    I always feel that way, too.

I got a decent haul at CVS today for $12. 4 body washes, 2 deodorants, 3 boxes of Puffs, a bag of jellybeans, and a bottle of Dawn. And I left with 7 ECB as well.
    I went to Rite Aid and bought $30 of St. Joseph aspirin and got $20 back in Up rewards. I bought 5 boxes at $6.49 each and used 5 coupons that took off $2.25 each, so I spent about $23 and got back $20.

Next day, I bought $30 worth of Tide, Downy and Pampers. Used $4.50 in coupons, plus the $20 Up Reward. I paid approx. $8 and got back $10 in Up Rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    Target deal:

FoodSaver FreshSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealing System $16.99 each

Target mobile coupon $10.00 off PLUS manufacturer coupon $10.00 off = FREE

Print out manufacturer coupon here: http://coupons2.smartsource.com/smar...=M4X5I4OQFZYRW

Sign up for Target mobile coupons here: http://m.target.com/sms/coupon-alrts/form

Out of stock at my local target though. Figures!
    Those Target deals tend to go really fast.

Do you know how often they send the mobile coupons once someone has signed up for them? I mean, I don't want to be bombarded with coupons every hour or something. Even without the mobile coupon, $6.99 is a decent deal. I may look for one of those tomorrow (just when I had decided not to go to Target!)

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    Those Target deals tend to go really fast.

Do you know how often they send the mobile coupons once someone has signed up for them? I mean, I don't want to be bombarded with coupons every hour or something. Even without the mobile coupon, $6.99 is a decent deal. I may look for one of those tomorrow (just when I had decided not to go to Target!)
    Target mobile sends a text once a week.

I've noticed from a few comments on other threads that some of the new people coupon. I wasn't sure if you knew we had an old coupon thread...so bump.
    We haven't talked coupons in a loooooong time!

Yeah. I need to know the secrets. so if there is a master of couponing, Come help a broke ass beeotch out!

I've been couponing since 2008 and I will never go back to not couponing. It is amazing!

You are out west, right? I am in FL, so our stores are different, but I find blogs that deal with individual stores and match up the coupons with the weekly sales to be the most helpful. I do one grocery store and CVS usually. If you have Walgreens or Rite Aid in your area they are also good for getting cheap and free personal hygiene items. I started by doing the drug store couponing and taught myself from there, and then worked up to grocery store couponing.

I think Peace is in your area and coupons, so she might be able to help you more with the specific stores and their nuances (doubling, competitor coupons, odd sales rules, etc). Another option is to sign up for a coupon class in your area. They are usually free or like a few dollars to attend. You might try googling and just see if there are any in your area.

This site really breaks couponing down for a total newbie. It explains the lingo and then walks you through the specifics. http://hip2save.com/couponnewbie/ It's also a decent site for multi store coupon matchups, although it can get a little busy for someone newly learning.

I am happy to answer any questions. I love to see people saving money!

Hey thanks! And yeah, Im in Colorado.

Thought I would bump this since Queena is back. I stepped away from couponing for awhile, but I am getting back into it the last few months, mainly the drug store stuff.

Thought I would bump this since Queena is back. I stepped away from couponing for awhile, but I am getting back into it the last few months, mainly the drug store stuff.
    I'm trying to get into it, but I went to a horrible CVS and got cheated. I do have inserts and I'm going to pick up some discount vitamins. I only have coupons for Persil detergent, but it's not on sale this week.

CVS takes coupons up to 2 weeks expired. They will have a sell as soon as the coupon expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Queenatoo View Post
    I'm trying to get into it, but I went to a horrible CVS and got cheated. I do have inserts and I'm going to pick up some discount vitamins. I only have coupons for Persil detergent, but it's not on sale this week.

CVS takes coupons up to 2 weeks expired. They will have a sell as soon as the coupon expires.
    There was an ibotta rebate for Persil, or at least there was a day or two ago. Walgreens had it on sale last week and I wanted to do a deal but it was sold out and they don't do rainchecks anymore post covid.

There was an ibotta rebate for Persil, or at least there was a day or two ago. Walgreens had it on sale last week and I wanted to do a deal but it was sold out and they don't do rainchecks anymore post covid.
    Same with the CVS that I went to. They don't apply CRTS and it pisses me off. I'm never going back to that store. LOL

Thread Information