Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Couponing! Old lady whatup

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    If someone is that into it and puts that much effort into couponing, let them have their free shaving cream.
    Exactly. It's totally about getting over, not saving money.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    Exactly. It's totally about getting over, not saving money.
    But but...it's about saving money for me. I would never do it fraudulently.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    Big companies factor it in to their prices. Not saying that makes it right, but it happens a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I dont mean you, I mean the woman buying dozens of nail clippers to get a coffee maker

Quote Originally Posted by angelaiscaustic View Post
    I dont mean you, I mean the woman buying dozens of nail clippers to get a coffee maker
    Ahh word. I agree.
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

I think the hardest part for people to get is that when a great sale coincides with a great coupon, buy multiples. If I can get my shampoo ( and screw brand loyalty) that is normally $5 for $1, then I am going to buy as many as I have copouns for. I will still be spending the $5 overall, thus not saving overall. But now I.dont have to buy shampoo for a few months and that future $5 savings (a few times over) can be used for eggs and milk. But you have to be able.to have stuff in.your house. I know a lot of people just want that 1 bottle of shampoo around.

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    I think the hardest part for people to get is that when a great sale coincides with a great coupon, buy multiples. If I can get my shampoo ( and screw brand loyalty) that is normally $5 for $1, then I am going to buy as many as I have copouns for. I will still be spending the $5 overall, thus not saving overall. But now I.dont have to buy shampoo for a few months and that future $5 savings (a few times over) can be used for eggs and milk. But you have to be able.to have stuff in.your house. I know a lot of people just want that 1 bottle of shampoo around.
    My aunt used to be so crazy with the coupons that the rented a storage unit to store the loot. I have to believe they didn't come out ahead...
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    My aunt used to be so crazy with the coupons that the rented a storage unit to store the loot. I have to believe they didn't come out ahead...
    Yea, renting a unit seems counterintuitive. (my big word for today, now I can relax). It's weird, but seeing big stacks of stuff you dont need and will probably never use in your lifetime but bought at huge discounts is sooooooooo satisfying.

There is a $10 off coupon for a Norelco Electric Shaver. I read it can be used on the ones at Walmart that are $12.97

http://www.couponnetwork.com/norelco-coupon

Philips Norelco Trimming Shaver $12.97
    Use $10/1 ANY Philips Norelco Electric Shaver
    Final Cost: $2.97

Philips Norelco Precision Shaver $14.97
    Final Cost: $4.97

Philips Norelco Electric Shaver $27.97
    Final Cost: $17.97

Quote Originally Posted by dream View Post
    You hit the nail on the head when you said screw brand loyalty. I am amazed at all the people who don't have jack squat but still are loyal to a certain brand (and don't use coupons) because "they sponsor my favorite Nascar driver" or some such shit. Uhmazing!

I have tried to teach a few of my friends to coupon and have now stopped because they seem to use it as an excuse to further fuck themselves. Instead of rolling Extrabucks (CVS) or Register Rewards (Walgreens) they get them and seem to see them as 'free money' to blow on junk. In the end they end up spending more money than they would normally. Yes, they might get a little bit more product than they normally would, but there are people that are on such a tight budget that $10 makes a huge difference.

Couponing CAN be a good thing if you are disciplined and have some extra space to begin with but as others have mentioned it doesn't make sense to rent space or buy a million of something you are never going to use-no matter how good of a deal it is!

Quote Originally Posted by WooFrigginHoo View Post
    There is a $10 off coupon for a Norelco Electric Shaver. I read it can be used on the ones at Walmart that are $12.97

http://www.couponnetwork.com/norelco-coupon

Philips Norelco Trimming Shaver $12.97
    Final Cost: $2.97

Philips Norelco Precision Shaver $14.97
    Final Cost: $4.97

Philips Norelco Electric Shaver $27.97
    Final Cost: $17.97

Hmmmm....I see a new shaver in hubby's future!

My printer messed up when I tried printing that coupon. I tried a few times and then got my printer working, but the site said I already printed the coupon the max. number of times! I hate when that happens!

I've been rolling the same $5 up rewards at rite aid. I rarely spend any out of pocket cash. I do it at CVS, also, but don't go to Walgreens often because there isn't one near me. I don't have a stockpile of anything, really. I have a drawer of toothpaste and toothbrushes.

I wish I had a stockpile of toilet paper and paper towels! Everything gets used up pretty quickly in my house.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    You hit the nail on the head when you said screw brand loyalty. I am amazed at all the people who don't have jack squat but still are loyal to a certain brand (and don't use coupons) because "they sponsor my favorite Nascar driver" or some such shit. Uhmazing!

I have tried to teach a few of my friends to coupon and have now stopped because they seem to use it as an excuse to further fuck themselves. Instead of rolling Extrabucks (CVS) or Register Rewards (Walgreens) they get them and seem to see them as 'free money' to blow on junk. In the end they end up spending more money than they would normally. Yes, they might get a little bit more product than they normally would, but there are people that are on such a tight budget that $10 makes a huge difference.

Couponing CAN be a good thing if you are disciplined and have some extra space to begin with but as others have mentioned it doesn't make sense to rent space or buy a million of something you are never going to use-no matter how good of a deal it is!
    i always split up my cvs purchases with the extrabucks and use them to buy the rest of the stuff i need in that trip. i don't cvs that often, so i wait until there's a good deal and stock up on drug store essentials. you can roll them what? i'm telling you, it's been like, a year since i've needed the drugstore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

Also, I just noticed my girlbox is full.

I just keep using (rolling) the $5 or so I have in extra care bucks or up rewards towards my purchases each week. I mainly only buy something that is going to give me more extra care bucks or up rewards, so I don't have to pay much, if any at all.

Your budget: Start with $5 out-of-pocket cash.
    Your mission: To grow that $5 into even more ECBs (or Up Rewards) to use in upcoming weeks.

http://kingdomfirstmom.com/5-dollar-challenges

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    She was saying that Kroger grocery store's scanner would let coupons go through that state, "Buy 2, save $.xx" even if you only bought 1.

She claimed that the scanner wouldn't beep even if she used expired coupons, as long as they weren't 30 days old.

She was also talking about if the total amount started reaching near $0, then to grab gift cards, because once the total got to $0, they couldn't take anymore coupons. So she'd end up paying next to nothing for a bunch of items, plus have a bunch of gift cards.

At the time, there were Revlon coupons out that saved $5/2 off of Revlon make up items. She used a bunch of these at Target on $1 nail clippers, and ended up getting a Keurig coffee machine for free.
    Wat?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

If the total reaches $0, they won't let you use anymore coupons because they won't give cash back to you. (If total is in the negative) Walmart does, though.

This woman had hundreds of dollars worth of items, but as they were scanning her coupons, her $1000+ total was getting too close to $0 and the coupons weren't done being scanned. So she purchased a bunch of gift cards, which made her total go up again, so that they could continue to scan more coupons.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    If the total reaches $0, they won't let you use anymore coupons because they won't give cash back to you. (If total is in the negative) Walmart does, though.

This woman had hundreds of dollars worth of items, but as they were scanning her coupons, her $1000+ total was getting too close to $0 and the coupons weren't done being scanned. So she purchased a bunch of gift cards, which made her total go up again, so that they could continue to scan more coupons.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

My printer messed up when I tried printing that coupon. I tried a few times and then got my printer working, but the site said I already printed the coupon the max. number of times! I hate when that happens!

I've been rolling the same $5 up rewards at rite aid. I rarely spend any out of pocket cash. I do it at CVS, also, but don't go to Walgreens often because there isn't one near me. I don't have a stockpile of anything, really. I have a drawer of toothpaste and toothbrushes.

I wish I had a stockpile of toilet paper and paper towels! Everything gets used up pretty quickly in my house.
    Haha-my closet shelves are stockpiled with tons of paper towels and toilet paper. I see you're on the East coast-do you have a Publix near you? That is where I get most of my free paper towels and I get my toilet paper deals from CVS most of the time.

I used to Walgreens all the time when I first started couponing in 2008, but they got to be such a pain in the butt that I rarely go in there (coupon match to items, Register Rewards count as coupons, etc). CVS is so much easier! We don't have Rite Aid down here the part of FL I live in. When I lived up north I have a Walgreens, Rite Aid and CVS all within blocks of me...and paid full price because I didn't know about couponing.

*I was afraid maybe it was just out of prints after reading your post, but it let me print two. I will only use one. PM me WooFriggingWho if you would like me to mail it to you.*

I just keep using (rolling) the $5 or so I have in extra care bucks or up rewards towards my purchases each week. I mainly only buy something that is going to give me more extra care bucks or up rewards, so I don't have to pay much, if any at all.

Your budget: Start with $5 out-of-pocket cash.
    Your mission: To grow that $5 into even more ECBs (or Up Rewards) to use in upcoming weeks.

http://kingdomfirstmom.com/5-dollar-challenges
    That is what I do, only I keep about $15 in ECB because I like to do the bigger deals like the Coke deals or buy $30 in P&G products. With $5/XXX, coupons and ECB on the transaction $10-15$ usually does it for me and I just keep rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post

We don't have Kroger down here, but Publix will give you cash back also. Walmart is just too much of a hassle for me most times. Even with their new 'couponer friendly coupon policy' I still feel like I have to fight too much so I don't go there unless it's a really good deal. Publix is awesome-I went last night and got approximately $155 worth of groceries for $32. They cater to couponers and their customer service is awesome!

One caveat-in Florida it is against the law for stores to double coupons. I never couponed when we lived in a state that doubled because I didn't really know about coupons back then. The one plus is that Florida is the land of true BOGO. In most states BOGO items ring up half price, but in FL one rings up full price and the other rings up as $0. That means that if there is a BOGO sale and a BOGO coupon you get two for free-yah!

I'll be getting my coupons and list ready tonight to go grocery shopping tomorrow! I'm gonna check out that $5 challenge when I get to my computer tonight. I'm intrigued.

Target had a good deal last week. Not sure if it's still there now. They have some of their Market Pantry pasta sauces on sale for $1.00 They also have a $1.50/2 coupon on their website. So buy two, use the coupon, and get pasta sauce for $.25!

Target will also let you stack a manufacturer coupon with one of their store coupons, which is awesome. I've gotten some good deals on baby food and diapers there. They do not do overages anymore though, so if you have a coupon for $1.00 off and the item is only $.50, you just get the item for free. No extra on top of that.

I haven't done any CVS stuff in like a year, but I started it up again last week. I have $10.50 in ECB to use tomorrow. Have to be careful- CVS stuff is usually priced higher than most other stores, and it's easy to fall into the trap of buying stuff yo don't need or use just because you see the ECB attached to it.

There isn't a Publix near me at all. I wish there was!
    The sauce at my local Target wasn't on sale for $1, but I went ahead and used the coupon for 2 sauces and the other coupon, save $1 on 3 boxes of pasta.

I did get a good deal on Milkbone Trail Mix Dog Treats. Target coupon for $1 off and a manuf. coupon for $1 off, so paid .89 for the bag.

I also bought a couple of toys. Used the Target coupon for $5 off and a manuf. for $5 off the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy, $15.19. Then saved $6 on the Fisher-Price Giggle Gang Toys, $12.99, so almost half off of that one. (My grandson loves that thing!) Going to give him the puppy for Easter.

I spent $31 and saved $35.

I've noticed that prices on items at my local Target and Walmart stores are always more than the prices I see when I go to coupon sites.
    Not sure why, since I live in West Virginia! You'd think the prices would be lower since we are such a poor state. lol

I lost all my CVS ECB's and Rite Aid Up Rewards. I have to start over this week. I haven't even had a chance to browse through the ads yet to see what deals are available.

Edit: Here's a link to the Target toy deals. I also saw that coupons.com had more toy coupons recently added. http://www.pennypinchinmom.com/new-t...vings-on-toys/

I also bought a couple of toys. Used the Target coupon for $5 off and a manuf. for $5 off the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Love to Play Puppy, $15.19.
    You may regret that. My in-laws got my daughter one of those things. I made them keep it at their house. We couldn't get it to turn off! I mean, it has an "off" button, but even after we hit it, the dumb thing wouldn't shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by hamdinger125 View Post
    You may regret that. My in-laws got my daughter one of those things. I made them keep it at their house. We couldn't get it to turn off! I mean, it has an "off" button, but even after we hit it, the dumb thing wouldn't shut up.
    Haha, I know! My 7 year old son had one as a baby. They can be annoying but not as annoying as the Giggle Gang toy. It has a baby laugh/giggle, which is cute for the first 10 times, but it just keeps on and on and on...

Thread Information