Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: B'klyn Tot (3) is Savaged by Pit Bull

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    hahaha I came in here to be like wtf, why did Ron (or anyone) put this in Weird & Bizarre?! But then I saw why. wtf are these restrictions?

Also...Really?
    Yea. She's one of those types that like animals more than people.

And you know what's funny? This is the wrong story. But I guess there's no shortage of stories where pits attack children. In the story I meant to post the kid died.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

hahaha I came in here to be like wtf, why did Ron (or anyone) put this in Weird & Bizarre?! But then I saw why. wtf are these restrictions?

Also...Really?
    Yeah, really. Parents are supposed to teach their children how to behave around animals and "whaling" on them isn't appropriate behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    Yeah, really. Parents are supposed to teach their children how to behave around animals and "whaling" on them isn't appropriate behavior.
    I actually agree with you here.

I would like to make a few corrections to this "not fully correct" report.
    First, of all it was NOT a pitbull, it was a Cane Corso mix. Second, the dog was a trained attack dog. The guy (the woman's live in boyfriend) referred to the dog to people as " my monster dog " and used to train the dog by kicking him in the ribs and slapping him in the head. Also, would tie up stuffed animals on fences and dangle them from trees and have the dog shred them up in front of people (example: by the school yard). Third, everyone INCLUDING the neighbors were afraid of this dog and would not go near him. Fourth, the face was not ripped off, the poor baby had a whole in the back of his head, neck and torso. The dog nor the children are too be blamed. The only ones are the parents .....

Yea, I kinda blame the dog that chewed off a child's head, neck and torso....but that's just me.

I have to apologize .. I think we are talking about two different stories here..... There was a child killed on Friday night.
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...36679777fe1876

sorry for my error to this ...

Hey Ron ... I tried to send you a message but your box is full and will not accept anymore. It says you have to delete some ... Just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Kokolski Amatucci View Post
    Hey Ron ... I tried to send you a message but your box is full and will not accept anymore. It says you have to delete some ... Just so you know.
    I have a full dance card.

There's room now, go for it.

"It took the strength of ten firemen to subdue the vicious dog, he said."

Holy fuck.

EDIT:
    The baby’s great-grandfather Ameer Jamaal-Uddin, 59
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

While I agree that the dog is largely responsible when shit like this happens, the owners arent exactly free from blame. If any dog is trained for protection, security or just to look mean and tough then it shouldnt be any suprise to the owners when a tragedy like this happens.

My dogs are a giant breed. My female especially looks fucking mean, like she could def hurt you AND she probably would if she thought she was in danger or her human family was in danger.
    Would I kill my 3 Mastiffs that I totally fucking adore and sleep with and cuddle with and roll on the ground with if they hurt a child or adult?

FUCK YEAH I WOULD.

I question how a dog can be "responsible" - its a DOG.
    Its rough integrating animals and kids-unexpected things happen because, well the animals are animals and kids are kids! Shhit may happen regardless of the precautions taken, but if the precautions are not at the least put in place...bad bad move on the adult humans in the situation.
    I LOVED LOVED LOVED my sweet baby pit mix...but when little red came around and the dog got jealous, shit changed in a hurry- it wouldnt be fair otherwise to anyone, including the dog.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    I question how a dog can be "responsible" - its a DOG.
    Its rough integrating animals and kids-unexpected things happen because, well the animals are animals and kids are kids! Shhit may happen regardless of the precautions taken, but if the precautions are not at the least put in place...bad bad move on the adult humans in the situation.
    I LOVED LOVED LOVED my sweet baby pit mix...but when little red came around and the dog got jealous, shit changed in a hurry- it wouldnt be fair otherwise to anyone, including the dog.
    Jigga please.
    These dogs have jobs and shit, but suddenly when they hurt or kill someone they're innocent and not responsible?
    Get the fuck outta here.

It's not like blaming a knife for stabbing. These creatures are intelligent and aware and should 100% be held responsible. Someone may kill cause they had a shitty childhood, but we still put them in jail.

Well, the dog is responsible for the attack but the owners are responsible for being fucking idiots.

Lemme say: when I was little, I learned the hard way that it was ill-advised to annoy cats. My mom's preferred the open-hand slap. I have a policy on babies and cats: cats are very, very gentle around babies, and they hardly ever pull their claws. They tend to do the whole 'spank on the butt' human thing but with their paws. I've known asshole cats and I would never have one of those, and definitely not let a kid play with it.

However with dogs: I like dogs. I've always had a pet dog. But even the sweetest, best dog with a great disposition will bite you if you get in its way. My brother got seriously fucked up by our shar pei when he tried to break up a fight between her and our other dog. That dog would never hurt anyone--normally--but she bit him.

This is the thing with dogs. The most loyal dog in the world can cause you serious damage on a whim. Which is why they don't mix well with little kids, who are constantly fumbling and poking things.

Well, the dog is responsible for the attack but the owners are responsible for being fucking idiots.

Lemme say: when I was little, I learned the hard way that it was ill-advised to annoy cats. My mom's preferred the open-hand slap. I have a policy on babies and cats: cats are very, very gentle around babies, and they hardly ever pull their claws. They tend to do the whole 'spank on the butt' human thing but with their paws. I've known asshole cats and I would never have one of those, and definitely not let a kid play with it.

However with dogs: I like dogs. I've always had a pet dog. But even the sweetest, best dog with a great disposition will bite you if you get in its way. My brother got seriously fucked up by our shar pei when he tried to break up a fight between her and our other dog. That dog would never hurt anyone--normally--but she bit him.

This is the thing with dogs. The most loyal dog in the world can cause you serious damage on a whim. Which is why they don't mix well with little kids, who are constantly fumbling and poking things.
    Agreed. The owners are idiots, but I don't get people that are like "awww, that poor doggy never had a chance with those meanie owners" after a dog kills a fucking child. And then people want to take the fucking thing into their home?? I mean seriously!?! Fuck that dog!

It's funny that I don't care much for dogs cause I've never been bitten by a dog but a cat attacked me when I was 7, and I still have the scars on my leg from that shit. It was a bloody scene at a friends house but it was no biggie to me. I remember the kid's parents freaked out, but they had a bloody kid on their hands so I can imagine how bad they thought things would get. Ha.

I like dogs. I consider myself a dog person. but Im also not a moron. Having a dog -especially a big one- is like having a loaded gun, which I also have. But I lock up my gun in a safe spot so my kid cant shoot herself, and I muzzle my dog when hes around my kid. Hes never bitten anyone, never even so much as growled, but hes dangerous anyway as far as Im concerned. dogs cant say " back the fuck off kid youre annoying me" by the time you know hes annoyed, you kid could be dead.
    I remember walking my dog one day and this small boy, couldnt have been more than 5, runs up going "doggie" well, my dogs nice, but his parents have no way of knowing that. So here he is running up to a strange 100 pound pit bull trying to pet it. After talking to the kids mom, I found out that hes been attacked by a pit before! what kind of dumbass has their kid go through something like that and still let him run up to strange dogs?
    so I say " hes pretty brave considering" and she says. "Yeah I know, I cant stop him." How can you not stop a 5 year old child from running up to strangers? momfail. hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Jigga please.
    These dogs have jobs and shit, but suddenly when they hurt or kill someone they're innocent and not responsible?
    Get the fuck outta here.

It's not like blaming a knife for stabbing. These creatures are intelligent and aware and should 100% be held responsible. Someone may kill cause they had a shitty childhood, but we still put them in jail.
    Im not even being snarky here but Im genuinely surprised. Maybe Im defining the word "responsible" differently..
    Im looking at it like its a higher level function that an animal cannot obtain. Im saying that in the same breath that I say a dog that attacks humans needs to be put down ( barring some extenuating circumstances). Dogs do dog things- including chewing off a kids face if the dog feels anxious or threatened or afraid or whatever. Thats not the same as "responsible" though.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    Of course not. But good for the cat for biting a small child? I mean, obviously it's not the cat's fault, but "you go, cat, bite that baby?" I could see if he bit the parents who didn't teach their child how to treat it properly.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I've known people get rid of their cats when they have kids. But a breed of dog inherently inclined to aggression? That's cool.

On my OH's 30th birthday, we ended up at a friend's house. Said friend's roommate had a HUGE pit bull, at least 100lbs, his head was bigger than mine. Not fixed. Skittish around strangers. My very drunk OH wanted to play. I was the one to simultaneously beg the drunk man to heed the growling and baring of teeth and try to calm this beast of a dog. Fucking irresponsible owner. People should need permits to own this kind of dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Im not even being snarky here but Im genuinely surprised. Maybe Im defining the word "responsible" differently..
    Im looking at it like its a higher level function that an animal cannot obtain. Im saying that in the same breath that I say a dog that attacks humans needs to be put down ( barring some extenuating circumstances). Dogs do dog things- including chewing off a kids face if the dog feels anxious or threatened or afraid or whatever. Thats not the same as "responsible" though.
    Then we're on the same page here. You can argue the semantics if you wanna.....but as long as the discussion is done over a dead dog body, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleta View Post
    I've known people get rid of their cats when they have kids. But a breed of dog inherently inclined to aggression? That's cool.

On my OH's 30th birthday, we ended up at a friend's house. Said friend's roommate had a HUGE pit bull, at least 100lbs, his head was bigger than mine. Not fixed. Skittish around strangers. My very drunk OH wanted to play. I was the one to simultaneously beg the drunk man to heed the growling and baring of teeth and try to calm this beast of a dog. Fucking irresponsible owner. People should need permits to own this kind of dog.
    I went to a baby shower a few weeks ago and they had a pitbull along with the obligatory pics of the newborn lying with the pitbull. I mentioned that I was fearful her baby may be eaten, but she clearly thinks her pit is the most lovable critter on earth.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deeply shaded View Post
    I went to a baby shower a few weeks ago and they had a pitbull along with the obligatory pics of the newborn lying with the pitbull. I mentioned that I was fearful her baby may be eaten, but she clearly thinks her pit is the most lovable critter on earth.
    Well, everyone's pits are "different," "would never do that," etc.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Well, everyone's pits are "different," "would never do that," etc.
    I pointed out to her that many of these dogs "have always been the most gentle dogs ever" or "have never ever shown aggression." She says all those people are lying. I wanted her to love the little black tutu I bought her baby, so I let it go.
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Then we're on the same page here. You can argue the semantics if you wanna.....but as long as the discussion is done over a dead dog body, I'm good.
    yep. Im all for it. I have a gun. I will shoot the fucker myself if it bites my kid. I love my dogs. I love my kid a BILLION times more.

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    yep. Im all for it. I have a gun. I will shoot the fucker myself if it bites my kid. I love my dogs. I love my kid a BILLION times more.
    Now do you get what I'm saying?! People read these stories, and have no connection to the child or to the dog, but they can still be sympathetic to the dog!??!
    These people are lunatics.

Now do you get what I'm saying?! People read these stories, and have no connection to the child or to the dog, but they can still be sympathetic to the dog!??!
    These people are lunatics.
    I think some people are lunatics, and some people are arguing the semantics over who is responsible when an animal acts like an animal ( or reacts) and a tragedy occurs.
    Im hoping more people are asking what the adult humans were doing than saying "mmm baby flavored dog food".

Thread Information