Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: B'klyn Tot (3) is Savaged by Pit Bull

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

B'klyn Tot (3) is Savaged by Pit Bull

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/b...pnSYqG7visH8cJ

B'klyn tot is savaged by pit bull

A pet pit bull mauled a 3-year-old Brooklyn boy yesterday, ripping into his face after becoming agitated by bickering between the child's parents, authorities said.

The little boy, identified by cops as Elliot Korenblyum of 86th Street near Avenue W in Gravesend, was rushed to Lutheran Medical Center, where he was in serious but stable condition.

The dog, Gucci, a 3-year-old female, mauled Elliot just before 1 p.m., after becoming jittery during the parental spat, a law-enforcement source said.

She was taken to the Animal Care and Control facility in Brooklyn, where she will be observed for rabies for at least 10 days, said spokesman Richard Gentle.

"I was coming in from church, and I heard the lady yelling for help," said one neighbor, who asked not to be identified.

"The [flesh] was hanging in three big pieces . . . The baby looked terrible.

"It's a good dog," she added. "I ride the elevator with the dog all the time."

At the hospital last night, shaken relatives gathered to comfort the child and join parents Eugene and Olga -- their clothes still bloody from the horrifying attack.

"The parents are very scared right now," one relative said, adding that Elliot "is doing better."

A hospital source said the little boy underwent around two hours of delicate reconstructive surgery for the extensive wounds.

As for the dog, Gentle said after her confinement is over, she could be returned to the family, with restrictions, or put down.

WHAT!?!?!??!
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

This shit scares me cuz I have a pit. even though hes super sweet, I take all kinds of precautions when hes around my kid. first off, they are NEVER alone together. second, if shes inside, hes outside and if they ARE in the same room at the same time, hes ALWAYS muzzled. you cant fully trust a dog that size, never mind the breed. Most of the time, dogs dont know their own strength. My dog is sweet, but hes heavy and hes got a giant head and mouth. He could hurt her without even meaning to and I think people forget that sometimes.

I didn't grow up around dogs. My dad had a German Shepard or some shit, but my mom made him toss it before I was born. Said there was no way she'd have a dog and a baby in the house. So I was never around dogs when growing up, and now they just make me nervous.

I'm a cat person.

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    This shit scares me cuz I have a pit. even though hes super sweet, I take all kinds of precautions when hes around my kid. first off, they are NEVER alone together. second, if shes inside, hes outside and if they ARE in the same room at the same time, hes ALWAYS muzzled. you cant fully trust a dog that size, never mind the breed. Most of the time, dogs dont know their own strength. My dog is sweet, but hes heavy and hes got a giant head and mouth. He could hurt her without even meaning to and I think people forget that sometimes.
    This. I think people also forget that a dog's brain doesn't work like a human brain, they have a whole other mode of behaviour and they don't have any other way to communicate if we disregard other body language. This dog most likely picked up on the tension in the environment, got stressed out and anxious,which translates in their mind to a threat situation, and then struck out on pure instinct.

That being said, I don't think it's a great idea for children to be around dogs, any breed of dog, and definately not without supervision. Probably any animal actually. I mean, just tonight I saw the kid next door get slap happy with a black cat and it damn well made him piss blood all over the joint in about 3 seconds flat.

Quote Originally Posted by trepid View Post
    This. I think people also forget that a dog's brain doesn't work like a human brain, they have a whole other mode of behaviour and they don't have any other way to communicate if we disregard other body language. This dog most likely picked up on the tension in the environment, got stressed out and anxious,which translates in their mind to a threat situation, and then struck out on pure instinct.

That being said, I don't think it's a great idea for children to be around dogs, any breed of dog, and definately not without supervision. Probably any animal actually. I mean, just tonight I saw the kid next door get slap happy with a black cat and it damn well made him piss blood all over the joint in about 3 seconds flat.
    This. My niece tortures my cats and when she's not looking, they attack her. They don't hurt her, but she cries anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    This. My niece tortures my cats and when she's not looking, they attack her. They don't hurt her, but she cries anyway.
    my kid does this shit too. My cats pretty injured from a fight he got into and hes got a giant gash on his side. hes doing well, but the other day I was all set to bring my kid to the zoo, when I turn around and see her whaling on him with a giant pillow. normally not a huge deal, but when the cats got a hole in his side thats near as big as him, that shit aint cool. she tortures our weiner dog too, but I think the dog enjoys it.

Quote Originally Posted by jessielee View Post
    my kid does this shit too. My cats pretty injured from a fight he got into and hes got a giant gash on his side. hes doing well, but the other day I was all set to bring my kid to the zoo, when I turn around and see her whaling on him with a giant pillow. normally not a huge deal, but when the cats got a hole in his side thats near as big as him, that shit aint cool. she tortures our weiner dog too, but I think the dog enjoys it.
    Aww poor kitty. I hope he mends quick! I think dogs might like it better than cats. Dogs think it's play until they get sick of it. Then it's OFF WITH YOUR FACE!

OMG I thought this kid's name was B'klyn and therefore was sure that the dog mauled the kid in anger at the parents for naming him that.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Any dog can get nasty. My parents had a Dachsund that my niece would not leave alone. Sure enough the dog took a little chunk out of her.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    Any dog can get nasty. My parents had a Dachsund that my niece would not leave alone. Sure enough the dog took a little chunk out of her.
    I have a scar on my hand that came from a Dachshund when I was 4.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

Senior Member TheFavoriteDaughter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalicious View Post
    I have a scar on my hand that came from a Dachshund when I was 4.
    They can be some mean mo'fos.
    Suzanne Knight (21) brutally raped and devoured 3 toddlers while on a meth binge before hanging herself Marky69: If those toddlers didnt want to be eaten then they shouldnt of looked so god damned delicious. RIP Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by TheFavoriteDaughter View Post
    Riley gets bit all the time. When she cries about it I have to tell her to quit fucking with the damn dog nd she wont bite you, but she has no relent.

Not all of us do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Not all of us do.
    Goddamnit Ron.
    Last edited by trepid; 05-28-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: It was all complete absurdity anyway..

My neighbor's german shepherd used to try to attack me all the time. Once, she knocked me down and was trying to bite me. I was about three and out with my akita, who went FUCKING NUTS.
    That night, the akita broke out, went to the neighbors', and mauled the dog. Yeah. Animals are loyal to me like that.

My pit 100% protects me when I am agitated. When me and the ex would fight we each had a dog trying to stop us. If we didn't stop they ended up turning to each other to fight. I had to change my situation completely to stop that process. Because of this I only allow trained individuals with her if I am not there. I love my dog, but she can be violent, especially if she feels me being threatened. It truly is my vibe she runs off of.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Family Dog Kills Brooklyn Child, Police Say

2 Other Small Children Unharmed

By Cheryl RobinsonCNN
    Posted: 3:16 pm EDT May 28, 2011Updated: 4:33 pm EDT May 28, 2011
    NEW YORK (CNN) -- A 4-year-old boy was killed after being mauled by his family's dog inside their Brooklyn, New York, apartment, according to police spokesman Joseph Gallagher.Jayelin Graham was bitten multiple times in the head, neck and torso by his family's Cane Corso Mastiff, a large muscular breed of canine commonly used as a guard dog or hunting companion.The deadly attack Friday night sent the boy to a nearby hospital where he was pronounced dead upon arrival, according to Brookdale Hospital spokesman Andrew Rubin.Two other small children, a 2- and 5-year-old boy, were in the home at the time but were unharmed.Police say they are continuing to investigate the incident and that New York's Animal Care and Control have removed the dog as well as another dog -- a German shepherd -- from inside the apartment.

*I thought this was the same attack at first. I am trying to picture having a big Mastiff in an apartment?

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

When dogs react to their owners feeling threatened, the state is not a humans, we expect animals to behave like a prim and proper child because we place those emotions on them. Fact is, animals are animals. They can communicate and understand with us in their way. If these people were fighting and the dog intervened on the wrong person, I don't blame the dog anywhere near as much as I blame the parents. They might say the dog has never shown aggression but I am sure this easnt their first fight.. Sooo...

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Can Corso Mastiffs are insanely huge with a crazy temper. They have ALOT of powere in those jaws.

As for Mastiffs in an apartment, yes. They may be huge but they literally sleep ALL THE TIME. They don't run all over the place and are ideal for apartment living.

I should also say that as for my 3 mastiffs, I leave them alone with my children all the time.

Good for the cat! Parents need to teach their kids to respect animals and not hurt them. I grew up around animals....Heck I was around a German Shepherd from birth and he would have ripped anyone a new on that looked at me sideways. I feel for this dog because you are right, the bickering made her anxious and she reacted. Poor baby paid the price, I hope they are able to fix his his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Karalicious View Post
    OMG I thought this kid's name was B'klyn and therefore was sure that the dog mauled the kid in anger at the parents for naming him that.
    i honestly did, too! i'm so unphased by "odd" names, that i was like, "poor kid. at least give him all of the letters in the word."

You people put too much faith in dogs. I don't trust any of the motherfuckers.

You know, I was one of those people and I have to admit, I'm not anymore. When we brought our son home from the hospital, the dogs had a mental fit. One of them was able to recover and be a sweet, obedient, submissive animal. The other had a seriously hard time adjusting to a child in the house. Neither of them ever indicated to me that they would snap at anyone, but the one that had a hard time adjusting snapped at my son twice. They've been fine together for a long time, but I have to admit, I won't have dogs again and I've had some good dogs. The temperament can be a crap shoot and they require a ton of care. Unfortunately, Joe isn't a cat person. I guess with a kid in the house, we have enough on our plates, but I did (at least at one point) love being a pet owner.

You know, I was one of those people and I have to admit, I'm not anymore. When we brought our son home from the hospital, the dogs had a mental fit. One of them was able to recover and be a sweet, obedient, submissive animal. The other had a seriously hard time adjusting to a child in the house. Neither of them ever indicated to me that they would snap at anyone, but the one that had a hard time adjusting snapped at my son twice. They've been fine together for a long time, but I have to admit, I won't have dogs again and I've had some good dogs. The temperament can be a crap shoot and they require a ton of care. Unfortunately, Joe isn't a cat person. I guess with a kid in the house, we have enough on our plates, but I did (at least at one point) love being a pet owner.

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    hahaha I came in here to be like wtf, why did Ron (or anyone) put this in Weird & Bizarre?! But then I saw why. wtf are these restrictions?

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabei View Post
    Good for the cat!
    Really?
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

Thread Information