Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Doctor Who-Bowties are cool!

Anyone that is still active that are fellow whovians?

I am but I pretty much hated the last two seasons. Which is a shame because I like the actors involved. The show has kind of jumped shark.

I'm with Bowie. I love Dr Who but the last two series have been mainly rubbish with the odd watchable episode.

The whole retcon thing with the Timelords fucking sucks, too. It completely undermines the surprisingly deep and layered story of a man who was forced to commit genocide against his own people to save the world.

Which is one of the things that makes Doctor Who unique.

Jodie Whittaker IS the Thirteenth Doctor

The BBC today announced to the world that Jodie Whittaker will be the new Doctor Who. She will be the Thirteenth Time Lord and take over from Peter Capaldi who leaves the show in this year?s Christmas Special.

New head writer and executive producer Chris Chibnall, who takes over from Steven Moffat on the next series, made the decision to cast the first ever woman in the iconic role.

Jodie, known for Chibnall?s hit show Broadchurch, says:

?I?m beyond excited to begin this epic journey - with Chris and with every Whovian on this planet. It?s more than an honour to play the Doctor. It means remembering everyone I used to be, while stepping forward to embrace everything the Doctor stands for: hope. I can?t wait.?

Here?s how Jodie was presented to the world as the first female Doctor Who:

Chris Chibnall, New Head Writer and Executive Producer says:

?After months of lists, conversations, auditions, recalls, and a lot of secret-keeping, we?re excited to welcome Jodie Whittaker as the Thirteenth Doctor.

I always knew I wanted the Thirteenth Doctor to be a woman and we're thrilled to have secured our number one choice. Her audition for The Doctor simply blew us all away. Jodie is an in-demand, funny, inspiring, super-smart force of nature and will bring loads of wit, strength and warmth to the role. The Thirteenth Doctor is on her way.?

Twelfth Doctor Peter Capaldi says:

?Anyone who has seen Jodie Whittaker?s work will know that she is a wonderful actress of great individuality and charm. She has above all the huge heart to play this most special part. She?s going to be a fantastic Doctor.?

Matt Strevens, Executive Producer says:

?I?m so thrilled that Jodie Whittaker said yes to playing the Doctor. I've been a fan for years and always hoped to work with her. She is an actor of great emotional range and inhabits every role with complete passion and conviction. Just thinking about what she will bring to the Doctor makes me as excited as a kid at Christmas. It's going to be a lot of fun."

http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/ar...rteenth-doctor

Watching men lose their minds over this is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Watching men lose their minds over this is amazing.
    I have to agree. They claim it has nothing to do with them being misogynistic, but then have nothing to fall back on as the reason. It's a new showrunner, too, so they have nothing to base it on. I am a big fan of Broadchurch, so I am excited to see her as the Doctor. None of the stories have really anything to do about whether the Doctor is male or female.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    I have to agree. They claim it has nothing to do with them being misogynistic, but then have nothing to fall back on as the reason. It's a new showrunner, too, so they have nothing to base it on. I am a big fan of Broadchurch, so I am excited to see her as the Doctor. None of the stories have really anything to do about whether the Doctor is male or female.
    The show has repeatedly reiterated that the Doctor is neither, really. Time Lords are gender fluid and can come back as male or female or shit a cat person or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    The show has repeatedly reiterated that the Doctor is neither, really. Time Lords are gender fluid and can come back as male or female or shit a cat person or something.
    Exactly. The Master was a female in the last 2 seasons. No one freaked out about that.

Thread Information