Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who-Bowties are cool!

God I really wish they had left the weeping angels. Moffat has a tendency to beat the shit out of a dead horse.

Weeping cherubs too.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    God I really wish they had left the weeping angels. Moffat has a tendency to beat the shit out of a dead horse.
    I agree. Blink was amazing, leave it at that.

I went to a bar last night and the bathroom was a fucking TARDIS.

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    I went to a bar last night and the bathroom was a fucking TARDIS.
    Brooklyn hipster bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    Brooklyn hipster bar?
    It was in Prospect Heights. I didn't see many hipsters, but the bar itself had a minor steam-punkish feel and my friend that lives near there says that he likes to watch the hipsters in their natural habitat, being douchey.

It's a shame, because the bar is kinda neat. There's Doctor Who shit all over the place (even K-9!) and a poster that is a mash-up of Doctor Who and MST3K. There was a band from Argentina there last night, and after they were done a whole shit load of Otis Redding was played, and I enjoyed that very much.

Quote Originally Posted by nerysinci View Post
    It was in Prospect Heights. I didn't see many hipsters, but the bar itself had a minor steam-punkish feel and my friend that lives near there says that he likes to watch the hipsters in their natural habitat, being douchey.

It's a shame, because the bar is kinda neat. There's Doctor Who shit all over the place (even K-9!) and a poster that is a mash-up of Doctor Who and MST3K. There was a band from Argentina there last night, and after they were done a whole shit load of Otis Redding was played, and I enjoyed that very much.
    Sounds like a cool place to me. Was the bathroom bigger on the inside?

Sounds like a cool place to me. Was the bathroom bigger on the inside?
    It definitely looked bigger.

Oh yeah, the Doctor Who bar. That place is awesome.

Not gonna spoil, just

The Fez is back. For everyone who doesn't have cable, here is a free link.
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/9DCEBBBF39FACB10

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

I watched it last night and had mixed feelings, although I did think the plot was a return to old-school Who.

First, I thought that considering this was the episode where he finally 'saves' Oswina, it was a little emotionally underwhelming.

Second, why are the main villains always women serving some greater dark force???? Derivative of the woman who worked with the silence.

Third, I don't like how the Doctor has become all indifferent to mass casualty this series, starting with the dinosaurs episode. Here, he'd totally okay with massive amounts of people dying if he can get his crush back. Which, let's face it, this is the first person I've sensed The Doctor having genuine chemistry with, including River Song.

I do like Oswina and I do like that they have genuine chemistry as opposed to all the awkward he's had with past companions. There's something about the way he interacts with her that's less fatherly.

Second, why are the main villains always women serving some greater dark force???? Derivative of the woman who worked with the silence.
    Hmm. I hadn't thought about that before.

So is Oswina saved, though? I think that she is still up for grabs as far as the technology alien is concerned?

Fucking awesome monologue channeling Sagan and NGT. Loved, loved, loved, and rewound it. But the ending disappointed me verily.

What are the rules for spoilers in this thread? Is it timezone/air-date sensitive only, or can we actually not talk about anything that happens in case someone DVR's it for later only to come and read a thread discussing it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Why not just be an adult and go forward with your life. You do know the reps aren't real money or anything right?

My rule on spoilers is if it aired, it's fair game.

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    My rule on spoilers is if it aired, it's fair game.
    I second this. If its been aired and you haven't seen it, don't come to the thread.

I watched it last night and had mixed feelings, although I did think the plot was a return to old-school Who.

First, I thought that considering this was the episode where he finally 'saves' Oswina, it was a little emotionally underwhelming.

Third, I don't like how the Doctor has become all indifferent to mass casualty this series, starting with the dinosaurs episode. Here, he'd totally okay with massive amounts of people dying if he can get his crush back. Which, let's face it, this is the first person I've sensed The Doctor having genuine chemistry with, including River Song.

I do like Oswina and I do like that they have genuine chemistry as opposed to all the awkward he's had with past companions. There's something about the way he interacts with her that's less fatherly.
    I like him for that. The 9th had a different personality from the 10th who was different from the 11th. Tennant was all "save the world/good of mankind/leave no one behond/do gooder"

I actually really like how the 11th just don't give a shit. He'll blow up the whole universe if you piss him off enough. I feel there's more anger in him then the Doctors before. Leaves for some unpredictability. He's a bit unstable and I like it!
    Hmmmm...that sound like a lot of ex boyfriends. I'm noticing a pattern

I dunno, that wasn't the character of the 11th doctor until this season. It's not the idea I dislike, it's the sloppy, annoying way in which it was written.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-22741493

Matt Smith to leave Doctor Who at the end of year

Matt Smith's statement in full

"Doctor Who has been the most brilliant experience for me as an actor and a bloke, and that largely is down to the cast, crew and fans of the show.

"I'm incredibly grateful to all the cast and crew who work tirelessly every day to realise all the elements of the show and deliver Doctor Who to the audience. Many of them have become good friends and I'm incredibly proud of what we have achieved over the last four years.

"Having Steven Moffat as show runner write such varied, funny, mind bending and brilliant scripts has been one of the greatest and most rewarding challenges of my career. It's been a privilege and a treat to work with Steven - he's a good friend and will continue to shape a brilliant world for the Doctor.

The fans of Doctor Who around the world are unlike any other; they dress up, shout louder, know more about the history of the show (and speculate more about the future of the show) in a way that I've never seen before.

"Your dedication is truly remarkable. Thank you so very much for supporting my incarnation of the Time Lord, number 11, who I might add is not done yet - I'm back for the 50th anniversary and the Christmas special.

"It's been an honour to play this part, to follow the legacy of brilliant actors, and helm the Tardis for a spell with 'the ginger, the nose and the impossible one'. But when ya gotta go, ya gotta go and Trenzalore calls. Thank you guys. Matt."

Ah! Selection of the 12th Doctor. This is going to be interesting. We were throwing out some names and ideas last night. Like, should the Doctor always be a man? Should they go with an older Doctor this time around?
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

New Doctor possibly revealed this weekend!

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/12th-doctor...nday-52184.htm

Peter Capaldi is ahead in bookie lists, but it would be weird for him to be The Doctor since swearing isn't often one of the Doctors traits.

Oh and I saw this in his wiki.

2013 World War Z WHO doctor

2 pm Sunday

I'm also excited because we're going to a Dr. Who convention in November! 7th Doctor will be there.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Just about an hour until Twelve is revealed! The person that shot the Doctors new photos let it slip that it's a man.

A Scottish Doctor!

Peter Capaldi aka Malcolm Tucker The Thick of It

Quote Originally Posted by poppym View Post
    A Scottish Doctor!

Peter Capaldi aka Malcolm Tucker The Thick of It
    Get in the fucking Tardis, you cunts!

Get in the fucking Tardis, you cunts!
    Now that would be an episode worth watching!

Thread Information