Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Long Island Serial Killer (LISK)

She has to be psychotic to stab someone that many times. I mean, I would get tired after 37.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Has anyone seen the killing season on A&E? The Long Island murders were featured on it, and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by emmy_dreamy View Post
    Has anyone seen the killing season on A&E? The Long Island murders were featured on it, and I loved it.
    YES! I loved it too- the film makers who did killing season did two other documentaries I really liked- Cropsey and something about urban legends. I love their style and their thoroughness. Im not sure I get how one killer could be behind so many killingsin so many different places, but there is precedentso...
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Most awesome Member emmy_dreamy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    YES! I loved it too- the film makers who did killing season did two other documentaries I really liked- Cropsey and something about urban legends. I love their style and their thoroughness. Im not sure I get how one killer could be behind so many killingsin so many different places, but there is precedentso...
    I think they decided on two in New York but Lisk might be responsible for the serial murders in New Jersey too. The Florida situation I thought was tied to the Long Haul Killers. I don't know, I'll have to watch it again. I'm still hoping for a season 2. That show could go on forever.

maybe??
    A carpenter convicted in May of killing two prostitutes in the 1990s may be responsible for at least one of the 10 unsolved killings of people along a Long Island beach highway, a prosecutor said Tuesday.

Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney Robert Biancavilla made the revelation after the sentencing of 51-year-old John Bittrolff.

The Manorville man received consecutive 25 years-to-life sentences for the beating deaths of two prostitutes. A jury deliberated for seven days before convicting. Bittrolff denied killing the women and intends to appeal.

Police on Long Island are still investigating the unsolved killings of 10 victims of an apparent serial killer or killers. The 10 bodies were found with a couple of miles of one another, and several of the victims have been identified as prostitutes. Until Tuesday, no suspects had been identified in any of the deaths.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prosecu...-beach-deaths/

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...id=mailsignout

The Gilgo Beach Murders Were a Cold Case. Then a New Police Chief Arrived.
    This gives me hope this case will be solved. Odd that the police would lock the FBI out of the investigation before they could complete a profile. Maybe afraid the profile would reveal a law enforcement connection?

I'm with you. This is the first time I have really had any true hope that they will solve the case. It's been awhile, but wasn't one of the main suspects LE connected?
    Wow, I honestly don't remember that. I thought they were eyeballing another serial killer (whose name escapes me) as possibly being responsible. I might have to go back and refresh my memory on this case, I didn't realize the body count was up to sixteen. I also wasn't aware of the scandal involving the police chief who sent the FBI away. Verrrrry interesting....
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.

Rex Heuermann (59) arrested in Long Island Serial Killer case

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-custody.html

Long Island architect Rex Heuermann, 59, has been arrested today in connection with the Gilgo Beach serial killings in a major police breakthrough.

John Ray, an attorney representing the family of two of the victims, told DailyMail.com they were given warning a week ago that an arrest was imminent.

'We had a tip about a week ago that they were about to do this. We have two names but we obviously don't want to say unless we're 100% sure.'

He confirmed to DailyMail.com that Heuermann's name was among those they were looking into.

Ray believes the discovery of a man's remains might have prompted the arrest today.

The New York Post cites Long Island law enforcement sources who say Heuermann is being looked at for the first four murders - known as the Gilgo Beach four - and not the additional five that were uncovered afterwards.

Among the victims was Shannan Gilbert, who was found dead in a swamp in Oak Beach in 2011 - about a quarter mile from where she was last seen alive.

The 24-year-old's neck had been broken before she was killed and had a puncture hole in it that could have been caused by a drill, according to her family's attorney.

The first victims were discovered in December 2010.

They were Maureen Brainard-Barnes, 25, Melissa Barthelemy, 24, Megan Waterman, 22, Amber Costello, 27.

Known as the 'Gilgo Beach four', their bodies were found in burlap sacks.

Some of the four had been missing for three years by the time their bodies were found.

All were sex workers who advertised their services on Craiglist, leading policed to believe that is how the killer first made contact with them.

Some had also told friends that they planned to meet a client the day before they vanished.

In March and April 2011, another four bodies were found in the same area, including that of a toddler.

They were Jessica Taylor, Valerie Mack and an unidentified woman known as 'Peaches' or 'Jane Doe No. 3'.

Peaches' toddler daughter was also murdered.

In the following weeks, another two set of remains were found.

One belonged to an 'Asian man' now thought to have been a transgender sex worker who had been dead for five or six years, and Jane Doe No. 7, whose remains were found on a beach in the popular tourist town Fire Island.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 07-14-2023 at 07:13 AM.

There will be a press conference at 4pm EST.

This might be a video of him being interviewed about his business: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?exti...76036307586026

People on Reddit are saying this is his business: https://rh-architecture.com/

They are also sharing a FB that is his daughter. I don't want to post that here, but she also works in his architecture business.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 07-14-2023 at 06:44 AM.

I remember when they found the bodies on the beach. I thought they will never find the guy. I didnt know he killed a toddler.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Thank you, RBW.

Logged in for the first time in years just to show my excitement they caught someone!

Hi all!

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/lon...ngs/index.html

Hair believed to be from suspect's wife found on or near 3 victims, prosecutors allege

Hair believed to be from Rex Heuermann’s wife was found on or near three of the Gilgo Beach murder victims, prosecutors alleged, citing DNA testing.

Forensic labs were able to match with near 100% certainty the hairs in July, prosecutors say, after investigators recovered 11 bottles from a garbage can outside Heuermann’s house. They took swabs of the bottles and subsequently matched with close to 100% certainty that DNA to the four female human hairs, according to the bail application.

One female human hair was found on one of the buckles of the three belts used to tie Maureen Brainard-Barnes’ feet, ankle and legs together, prosecutors say.
    Two female hairs were found on a piece of tape and “outside the head area” of Megan Waterman’s body, prosecutors say.

Another female hair was also found on a piece of tape that bound Amber Costello’s body, prosecutors say.

“As previously noted, Defendant Heuermann’s wife was out-of-state at the time of Ms. Waterman and Ms. Costello’s disappearance and murders,” prosecutors state in the bail application. “As such, it is likely that the burlap, tape, vehicle(s) or other instrumentalities utilized in furtherance of these murders came from Defendant Heuermann’s residence, where his wife also resides, or was transferred from his clothing.”

My husband would be fucked. I shed like a mo fo.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Serial killings suspect made taunting calls to victim's family and admitted to murder, prosecutors allege

Ugh, he looks like a creepo. Glad they finally caught him.

yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Serial killings suspect made taunting calls to victim's family and admitted to murder, prosecutors allege
    he is evil
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow View Post
    he is evil
    My guess is that they are going to connect many more to him before this is all over. He was still using burner phones and pursuing sex workers in secret when they arrested him. They arrested him when they did because they were afraid he would kill someone else. There's no way he killed 3-4 people over 10 years ago and kept doing all the same stuff but didn't kill anyone else IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    My husband sheds like a crazy person, so I would be effed for sure.

My guess is that they are going to connect many more to him before this is all over. He was still using burner phones and pursuing sex workers in secret when they arrested him. They arrested him when they did because they were afraid he would kill someone else. There's no way he killed 3-4 people over 10 years ago and kept doing all the same stuff but didn't kill anyone else IMO.
    I agree, he has killed more. He is a narcissist and thought he would get away with it.

As usual, I'm waiting to see the evidence. The wife's hair isn't enough for me. I can guarantee my hair can be found anywhere I've ever been, even future crime scenes. If I ever decided to commit a crime, I'd have to shave my head first.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Me too! I refer to vacuuming the house as "getting rid of the DNA."

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    Ugh, he looks like a creepo. Glad they finally caught him.
    I actually think he looks surprisingly normal. Aside from the fact that he's like 8 ft. tall, I wouldn't fear him if I were in an elevator with him. Knowing what they're accusing him of creeps me out, but I wouldn't suspect it just by looking at him. He's like a Ted Bundy.

Absolutely. If he did this, I believe there are many more he hasn't yet been charged with (and likely won't be).
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    As usual, I'm waiting to see the evidence. The wife's hair isn't enough for me. I can guarantee my hair can be found anywhere I've ever been, even future crime scenes. If I ever decided to commit a crime, I'd have to shave my head first.

Me too! I refer to vacuuming the house as "getting rid of the DNA."

I actually think he looks surprisingly normal. Aside from the fact that he's like 8 ft. tall, I wouldn't fear him if I were in an elevator with him. Knowing what they're accusing him of creeps me out, but I wouldn't suspect it just by looking at him. He's like a Ted Bundy.

Absolutely. If he did this, I believe there are many more he hasn't yet been charged with (and likely won't be).
    I think he admitted it though...? If I read that correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    I think he admitted it though...? If I read that correctly.
    Yes, I read on CNN that he did. Can't find it now, but I did see it.

@RBW - do you think the title of the thread itself can be changed to Long Island Serial Killer or his name? This is a hot story and if outsiders are looking on the site for it, it might be hard to find the way it is currently titled. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Bewitchingstorm; 07-18-2023 at 08:15 AM.

Thread Information