Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Timmothy J Pitzen (6) missing after his mother, Amy J. Fry-Pitzen (46) committed suicide

Timmothy J Pitzen (6) missing after his mother, Amy J. Fry-Pitzen (46) committed suicide

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bre...-1226056517034

US police said today that a six-year-old boy was missing after his mother apparently committed suicide in a northern Illinois hotel room.

Amy J. Fry-Pitzen, 43, was found dead with slit wrists on Saturday afternoon local time in a hotel room in Rockford, Illinois, WREX-TV said. Police found a note at the scene that said her six-year-old son, Timothy J Pitzen, was safe in the care of unnamed people.

Ms Fry-Pitzen and her son were reported missing on Thursday afternoon by her husband, who is Timothy's father.

Police in Ms Fry-Pitzen's hometown of Aurora, Illinois, about 117km south-east of Rockford, confirmed that she and Timothy stayed in motels in Illinois and Wisconsin on Wednesday night and Thursday night.

Investigators were working with officials in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Iowa to find information leading to Timothy's whereabouts, the report said.
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

Are those unnamed people actually angels?

6 year old boy missing from Aurora, Il after mother committed suicide.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...-search-police

Picked up from school by his mother, an Aurora boy embarked on a whirlwind journey — a trip to Brookfield Zoo followed by back-to-back visits to popular water parks.

But 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen has not been seen since Friday morning, when his mother checked them out of the Kalahari Resort in the Wisconsin Dells.

Since then, authorities in three states — Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin — have searched for Timothy, who has been missing since his mother's apparent suicide in a Rockford hotel room over the weekend.

Aurora police said Monday evening that Timothy's car seat and Spider-Man backpack are missing from the 2004 Ford Expedition that his mother, Amy Fry-Pitzen, was driving and which was found in the Rockford hotel parking lot. Police made the discovery after reviewing photos of the car's interior with James Pitzen, the boy's father and the mother's husband.

Police said the missing items may support a theory that Fry-Pitzen left Timothy with a friend or acquaintance.

Police also said they found credit card receipts showing that Fry-Pitzen bought some children's clothes and toys at a Shopko store in the 4800 block of Washington Avenue in Racine, Wis., around 11:15 Friday morning. About three hours later, receipts show that Fry-Pitzen bought gas and beverages at a Qwik-Trip store about 71 miles northwest in Johnson Creek, Wis., just off Interstate Highway 94, police said.

On Monday, James Pitzen, said he waits for twice-daily updates from police — and for a call he hopes will come soon.

"I'm waiting by the phone for them to call and say, 'We found him. Come get him,'" he said. "If someone has him, please turn him in to the police. Please let us know where he's at. The longer this goes, the worse it gets for everybody."

Fry-Pitzen, 43, left a note indicating the boy was fine and that she had left him in the care of people who weren't identified, authorities said.

As authorities continue to search for the child, details about Fry-Pitzen's troubled past began to emerge. She apparently had tried to kill herself at least once before, according to an ex-husband.

During an argument more than a decade ago with her second husband, Greg Campbell, Fry-Pitzen parked her car on the railroad tracks in Ames, Iowa, in an attempted suicide, according to Campbell.

But before a train passed, she got off the tracks and checked herself into a psychiatric ward for nearly a week, according to Campbell, who was married to Fry-Pitzen from 1995 to 2000.

After being released from the hospital, Fry-Pitzen was prescribed an antidepressant, but she stopped taking the drug around the time of their divorce, Campbell said.

Fry-Pitzen had "a really outgoing personality, but then she'd get depressed sometimes," Campbell said.

Aurora police spokesman Dan Ferrelli confirmed that Fry-Pitzen had suffered bouts of mental illness, had previously attempted suicide and had been on medication for depression. There appeared to have been no argument or event that triggered Fry-Pitzen's decision to flee with the boy last week, Ferrelli said.

Fry-Pitzen's mother, Alana Anderson, declined to comment Monday on her daughter's mental health, only saying, "I'm so stunned. I'm in complete disbelief."

Fry-Pitzen was a wonderful mother and daughter who had "problems" when she was younger, but "everything seemed better" over the last 15 years, Anderson said.

"She absolutely adored her son, and he adored her," Anderson said.

Fry-Pitzen graduated from Libertyville High School and Iowa State University, according to her first husband, Michael Natonski, whom she divorced 20 years ago. At the time of her death, she was working for a property management company in the Chicago area, he said.

James Pitzen, 39, said he last saw his son Wednesday morning on his way to kindergarten. Pitzen dropped Timothy off at kindergarten at 7:45 a.m. Less than an hour later, Fry-Pitzen picked Timothy up from the school and took him to Brookfield Zoo and the KeyLime Cove Water Park in Gurnee without telling family or friends, police said.

Pitzen declined to comment on his wife's mental health, saying only she was a loving wife and mother and "all-around great person." Pitzen said he noticed nothing out of the ordinary with his wife when he dropped her off at work Wednesday.

"I gave her a kiss, and she went inside. That was it," he said.

Timothy was last seen about 10:10 a.m. Friday when Fry-Pitzen checked out of the Kalahari Resort. She made cellphone calls later that day from the Sterling area, about 80 miles west of Aurora, telling relatives that she and her son were not in danger, police said. Pitzen said he heard nothing about his wife or son until several friends and relatives said they had gotten calls Friday from Fry-Pitzen.

That night, she was seen at a Sullivan's Foods in Winnebago before checking into a hotel in Rockford about 11:15 p.m. without her son, police said. The next day, motel workers found her body around 12:30 p.m. Fry-Pitzen slit her wrists, police said.

Authorities received a flurry of calls from across the country Sunday night — when there were reports in the media that a young boy was found in Maine — but relatively few tips, Ferrelli said.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has assigned a team of investigators to assist with a nationwide search, and local police are working closely with authorities in Rockford, Wisconsin and Iowa, where Pitzen-Fry had many friends and relatives, Ferrelli said.

"We are laser-focused on finding (Timothy) alive and bringing him back to his family," Ferrelli said.

Timothy is 4 feet 2 inches tall and about 70 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call Aurora police at 630-256-5500 or local authorities at 911.

I so hope that this little boy is found okay, I mean his carseat and backpack are gone and in her suicide note she said he was safe, why would she lie if she plans on dying?
    Holding out hope even though I'm often disappointed with these stories. :(

I hope he is found safe and well too...but why has no one come forward yet if he is safe? His other family must be going out of their minds.

His mother may have just said he's safe to stop people worrying. I know it wouldn't work but in a mind of a depressed person, who is so desperate that they kill themselves, anything can make sense (or not!) If she had killed him she may have been in a kind of denial?

Quote Originally Posted by lulupop View Post
    I hope he is found safe and well too...but why has no one come forward yet if he is safe? His other family must be going out of their minds.

His mother may have just said he's safe to stop people worrying. I know it wouldn't work but in a mind of a depressed person, who is so desperate that they kill themselves, anything can make sense (or not!) If she had killed him she may have been in a kind of denial?
    In so many of these cases the only way the child can be "safe" in the mind of the suicidal person is if they are dead too. But if she did give him to someone for safekeeping, she may have told some story about whatever demons were in her mind.

Very sad case. Even if the boy is found he has a lot to recover from.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Maybe she gave the boy to the same person/people who have the three boys from Michigan

I'm thinking the boy is alive. i mean, if she did kill him, wouldn't they have found him with her? The fact that she checked in the hotel without him makes me believe she met someone somewhere and dropped off her son to them (and they put the car seat in their car, which explains why the car seat is gone) then she checked in to the hotel, and committed suicide. I guess a part of me wants to believe that she was a loving and caring mother (unlike the other suicidal mothers, who kill their children before themselves) so she took him to the zoo and other fun places, so that the last memory of his mom would be a great one....and she didn't kill herself until she knew he was safe with someone else. The only thing I don't get is, why give him to someone else and keep him from the father? I get why she couldn't have dropped him off to the father and been like "will you watch him while I go kill myself?" but why not give him to the friend, and then tell the friend to bring him to his dad in a few hours or whatever?? Strange....

I live very close to Aurora, IL and have been watching this story on the news... I really hope this boy is alive, but I'm really confused... did she drop him off with someone and explain what she was going to do and somehow get them to promise not to tell afterwards? Because if she did not tell them she was going to off herself, you'd think they would have come forward out of shock after finding out what she had done. I wonder if there is some specific reason why she didn't want the father to know where he is... ugh, too many unknowns on this one...

sucks to your ass-mar Nancy Drew's Avatar
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess she killed him.
    oMG, yeah, no, AMY is in no way superior to Tara. Never.

I'm thinking he's alive. I bet she's been chatting up a guy, told him some "my husband abuses me and my son" story ... she may have even added, "If anything ever happens to me, don't believe what the TV says, my husband could make it look like and accident" .... and Prince (stupid) Charming is holding onto the kid.
    drunk women find me very attractive.

(Kind of sounds like she knew she wouldn't need it... )

Missing boy’s car seat was with his grandmother

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...andmother.html

Aurora police were able to confirm Friday night that Timothy Pitzen’s child car seat that was thought to have been missing from the vehicle driven by his mother, has been in the possession of Amy Fry Pitzen’s mother since before the pair went missing.

The grandmother took possession of the seat when she cared for the boy the week prior to Amy Fry Pitzen leaving with Timothy. When the grandmother returned Timothy to his home, she apparently forgot to return the child seat. The possibility that it was with the maternal grandmother was brought to the attention of investigators on Thursday night, but detectives were not able to talk with the grandmother until Friday night to confirm that fact.

The boy’s Spider Man backpack, along with the toys and clothes purchased by his mother while they were in Wisconsin last week, are still not accounted for.

Timothy Pitzen and Amy were apparently last together on Friday, May 13, in the Sterling/Rock Falls/Dixon area where Amy Fry-Pitzen made several cellular telephone calls. A multi-agency search for evidence in the I-88 and I-39 corridors in that area has come up empty.

Police said they are increasingly concerned about Timothy’s welfare because no one has heard from him since May 13 when he talked to a relative on his mother’s phone. He is about 4’2” and weighs around 70 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.

Amy Fry-Pitzen’s body was discovered on May 14 in a Rockford motel after she committed suicide. There was no sign that Timothy was ever with his mother when she checked into the motel late Friday night or when she was in a Winnebago, Ill., food store about three hours before she checked into the motel.

Anyone who believes they saw either the boy, his mother, and/or anyone who may have been with them — or anyone who may have information on the case — is asked to call Aurora Police at (630) 256-5500, or their local authorities by dialing 911.
    --

Also - FB page to help find him:
    https://www.facebook.com/help.find.timothy?sk=info

Amy Fry Pitzen:

I really hope the optimists are right. For once.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess she killed him.
    This was my first thought. Hope my thought is wrong, though.

I dunno, he's 6. They might not always use the car seat. Ryan's got one but we never use it. I know, I know. According to state law in CT, he doesn't need it. In Jersey, he does. But being 6, I can see them not always using it. I'm not even sure what those boosters do anyway.
    "Since change is constant, you wonder if people crave death because it's the only way they can get anything really finished." -Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Drew View Post
    I love everyone except Amy.
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowCake1 View Post
    Amy's taste > Tara's

I didn't have a car seat at 6. I had a booster. I was a short ass (was, ha!) and so it stopped the seatbelt from stopping be breathing

AUROA, Ill. (STMW) - Six-year-old Timothy J. Pitzen remains missing Sunday afternoon, and authorities continue to look for leads in his disappearance, a day after his mother was found dead inside a Rockford motel room after slitting her wrists.

As of 2:45 p.m. Sunday, the boy remained missing and there have been no arrests, according to according to Aurora spokesman Dan Ferrelli.

Meanwhile, police are continuing to seek leads and information from multiple jurisdictions.

“We’re working with authorities in Iowa and Wisconsin and we are continuing to cultivate other individuals that she’s (his mother) associated with and we’re trying to talk to those individuals,’’ Ferrelli said.

Numerous family members and friends of his mother, Amy J. Fry-Pitzen -- including her husband -- are fully cooperating with the investigation, Ferrelli said.

“So far right now, all the people we’ve talked to have been consistent...She (mother) indicated that she needed some time away and she did not threaten to harm herself or the boy.’’

Timothy was last seen at about 10:10 a.m. on Friday when he accompanied his mother checking out of the Kalahari Resort in the Dells.

Amy and Timothy were originally reported missing about 1 p.m. Thursday by Amy’s husband, who is also the boy’s father, from their home in the 400 block of North Highland Avenue, according to Ferrelli.

The two apparently visited the Brookfield Zoo on Wednesday and then checked into the Key Lime Cove Resort in Gurnee on Wednesday night.

No one heard from Amy or Timothy until Friday afternoon when she contacted several family members and acquaintances by phone between approximately noon and 1:30 p.m., according to Ferrelli.

During those calls Amy said that she and Timothy were fine and were not in danger. Timothy also talked to at least one of the relatives and did not seem to be in any distress.

Aurora Police say that cell phone records indicate that the calls and texts were placed from the Sterling/Rock Falls, Illinois area.
    Detectives were able to ascertain that Amy checked herself into the Rockford Inn which is located in the 3800 block of 11th Street in Rockford, between 11:15 p.m. and 11:30 on Friday night.

At the time she checked in, she apparently was not accompanied by Timothy.

She had also been seen at Sullivan’s Foods in the 700 block of Elida Street in Winnebago, Ill., at about 8 p.m. Friday, again, apparently without her son, Ferrelli said.

The food store is about 20 minutes from the Rockford Inn.

Her body was discovered by motel employees at about 12:30 p.m. Saturday. She left a note indicating that Timothy was fine and that she left him in the care of unnamed people.

Anyone who believes they saw either the boy, his mother, and/or anyone who may have been with them --- or anyone who may have information on the case— is asked to call Aurora Police at (630) 256-5500, or 911.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=2187141&spid
    drunk women find me very attractive.

CHIGAGO SUN TIMES ARTICLE, May 15 (the only article that mentions the marriage wasn't happy like all the other articles said)
    http://www.townvox.com/article113293...aurora_boy.htm

"...Linda Pitzen said she was not aware of any problems within the parents’ marriage, although police said there had been domestic troubles...." so s

Maybe Amy gave Timmothy to someone to keep him safe from his father...so sad...sending prayers that Timmothy's safe...

I just can't believe that if she gave Timothy to keep him safe, they wouldn't have handed him over to the authorities yet? When it's been all over the news and showing his whole family are so worried for his safety. I can't see this turning out well. Either way i wish his family can find out the truth soon for their peace of mind.

Aurora Police spokesman Dan Ferrilli talks to Greg Jarrett about the continued search for 6-year-old Timothy Pitzen

The latest, 6/2/11

http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/gregja...080186.mp3file (Audio only)

No new leads, they are doing more testing on the vehicle that was found, trying to identify the plant materials in the car to see if they can match them to a particular location, etc.

I feel so terrible for this poor father. There are hints that that there was "marital strife", and mentions that she had left for extended periods several times in the past, but none of that could possibly prepare him for his wife committing suicide and disappearing with his child as well.

Interview from the father about a month ago (13 min video), right after the body of his wife was found. The love he has for his son and wife is palpable.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...sing-son-video

Last edited by aphaziak; 06-11-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-herself.html

Six months after the disappearance of Timmothy Pitzen, police are hoping that a detailed analysis of his mother?s SUV will help lead them to the boy.
    Police released some results on Friday of a forensic analysis of the grass, dirt and debris that had accumulated on Amy Fry-Pitzen?s 2004 Ford Expedition.
    They are also hoping that surveillance videos and details about where Amy may have travelled that were released Friday will help jog a memory.
    On May 11, Amy took her only son out of school and, without telling any family members, she and Timmothy went on a three-day, 500-mile road trip, stopping at zoos and water parks in northern Illinois and Wisconsin.
    On the third day, Amy finally called family to report she was fine. The next morning, police found her body in a Rockford motel.
    Police announced on Friday that the lab has determined that plant material on the SUV indicate it was stopped for a time on a wide gravel shoulder or a gravel road.
    Near the gravel area where the vehicle stopped, the SUV was backed into a grassy field, the beaconnews.suntimes.com reports.
    The lab results have given police a clearer indication of where Timmothy may have been dropped off.
    A few weeks ago, six months after the Illinois schoolboy disappeared when his mother killed herself in a roadside motel room, his grandmother Alana Anderson and father Jim Pitzen marked what would have been his seventh birthday by planting a 7-year-old blue spruce tree in the back garden.
    Anderson told the Chicago Tribune: 'I bought him a birthday card and cut out pictures of the things I would have bought for him,' 'A lighted skateboard. A remote-control helicopter.'
    The lively schoolboy vanished on May 11, when Fry-Pitzen, picked him up from his Aurora elementary school.
    In what were to be her final days mother and son went to the zoo and a water park, one in the far north east Illinois, the other in Wisconsin, before travelling west back into Illinois.
    Fry Pitzen eventually checked into a motel near Rockford, northern Illinois alone and slit her wrists, leaving a suicide note and several letters in the post.
    In the notes to her husband, her mother and a close friend, she said her son was safe, and with people who loved him, but she did not say who she had left him with.
    According to Anderson, one of the notes warns, 'You will never find Timmothy'.
    And despite a massive search operation investigators have not been able to track down the missing child.

Three months ago police revealed that they found ?a concerning amount? of the child?s blood in the backseat of his mother?s 2004 Ford Expedition SUV.
    The clothes Fry-Pitzen was wearing when captured on surveillance video have never been found.
    This includes the clothing she was wearing when she and her son checked out of the Wisconsin Dells resorts, hours before she checked in alone to the hotel room where her body was found.
    But the family continues to believe that Timmothy is alive.
    The blood may have come from a nose bleed Timmothy had about a year ago, they say.

And testing of the knife Fry Pitzen used to kill herself revealed no traces of her son's DNA.
    'I just try to do one day at a time,' Jim Pitzen told the Chicago Tribune. 'I hope whoever has Tim understands that he's not theirs and he needs to come home to his family.'
    The family?s steadfast belief that Timothy is alive is based on two things. Fry-Pitzen cared for her son deeply and showed her affection often.
    The 43-year-old had periodically battled depression, but, her mother insisted, 'was not a crazy person. She absolutely never acted bizarrely.'

And she methodically planned her suicide, leading Anderson and Pitzen to conclude that she'd made similarly comprehensive plans for her son's upbringing.
    The mother-of-one had helped Anderson, a retired emergency room nurse, paint her house and clear up her backyard in recent months, asking, 'Is there anything else I need to do for you?'
    She had also given her mother some antique furniture of hers that Anderson had long coveted.
    Toll records reveal she made unexplained trips, in February and March, to the area where the pair were last known to have been travelling, and to which she had no prior connection.
    With the holidays approaching, Anderson, who lives on her own, says she misses her grandson, who would sleep at her home every other weekend.

For now she is just 'trying to put the pieces of my life together. They're just not that many of them left anymore.'
    'It's been rough,' Anderson told the Tribune. 'I think the first couple of months you're in such shock, you're almost numb and it doesn't quite sink in. But now ? I don't expect it to be a whole lot better anytime soon.'
    She started a journal about a week after Timmothy vanished, in which she writes 'cute, little stories about him so he'll know what he was like, how I felt about him; how hard we looked for him; the places we went and things we did together.'
    Jim Pitzen has lost his job in manufacturing since his son?s disappearance, but tries to keep occupied to distract himself from his loss, and his questions.

He is still angry with his wife, the Tribune reported.
    He said: 'I think about her all the time.'
    'I just wonder what she did with our son and why she wanted him to be with someone else.'
    Police are expected to release new video of Timmothy today, hoping that new leads may emerge.
    Forensic investigators have been working to try to identify tall grass or weeds found on the underside of the SUV to link the materials to a more specific area.
    After Timothy's disappearance officers searched a remote area about 100 miles west of Chicago, where cellphone records indicated Fry-Pitzen and Timmothy were last together.
    Meanwhile, mindful of time passing, the loving grandmother has started to throw away some of her grandson's things, disposing of clothes that no longer would fit, and toys that he had outgrown.
    To remind her of Timmothy, she is holding on to his favorites: some cars and truck, a much-loved book, 'Diary of a Worm,' and even a plastic spoon he used the last time they visited Dairy Queen.
    She said: 'He's out there. And I think when he's old enough, he'll find us.'

I am amazed that he or his body hasn't turned up by now. Poor little soul, and poor family too.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

I am so confused about this. Is his name Timmothy or Timothy?

His casefile has been added to the charley project and it's very comprehensive - http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/pitzen_timmothy.html

Where is all the stuff she bought for him?? WHAT IS GOING ON??

I looked at the Charley project page and it will not let me cut and paste? They really narrowed down the plant life/ type area where her car had been on that page.

"Satisfaction of ones curiosity is one of the greatest sources of happiness in life" Linus Pauling

Quote Originally Posted by poppy213 View Post
    I looked at the Charley project page and it will not let me cut and paste? They really narrowed down the plant life/ type area where her car had been on that page.

It's a restriction on all Charley project pages :( you could screenshot it or I can do it when I'm next on my laptop

I was able to copy/paste.

Amy's SUV was "visibly dirty"and had soil, tall grass and weeds stuck to the undercarriage when it was located after her death. Forensic testing on the plant and sediment materials on the car indicated it stopped for a time on a gravel area just off an asphalt road that had atone time been treated with glass road-making beads. The vehicle backed into a grassy meadow or field which contained Queen Anne's Lace and black mustard plants and would have been nearly treeless; some oak or birch trees were in the general area but not in the direct placewhere the car stopped. Therewas possibly a pond or small stream close by. There were no indications that the land was cultivated as either a lawn or for growing crops.Investigators think the meadow is probably in Lee County or Whiteside County in northwestern Illinois, but they are also considering but Carroll, Ogle, Stephenson and Winnebago Counties.

Thread Information