Page 78 of 158 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 3929

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Well let's go historical now then shall we? I have a book on this that I got when I was about 17, apparently there's an old song associated with this case, "The Black Wedding" or something.

Any local knowledge for us Key West Digger?

http://www.weirdus.com/states/florid...milagro_hoyos/

During the Great Depression, Count Carl Von Cosel, a fifty-some years old German immigrant worked as a civilian x-ray technician at the U. S. Marine hospital in Key West. Actually he was not a count and his real name was Carl Tanzler but he did come from Germany where his ex-wife and two daughters lived. He made many claims that he had nine university degrees, had been a submarine captain and was an electrical inventor. In truth he was a lonely man living in a fantasy world.

While working in the Marine hospital he met a 22-year old patient named Elena Hoyos. She was a beautiful young Cuban girl who had been an entertainer until contracting tuberculosis. Von Cosel fell in love with Elena even though she consistently resisted his advances. By her x-ray reports Von Cosel knew that Elena only had a short time to live. He convinced the young patient that he could cure her with a special x-ray machine combined with daily doses of a certain tonic made from gold and water.

Count Von Cosel began administering his miraculous treatments to Elena along with a proposal of marriage, which was met with strong disapproval from her father. Von Cosel was obsessed with Elena and willing to do anything to win her affection. He gave Elena’s family many gifts with promises that he could restore her life. In a short time Elena’s disease progressed and eventually led to her death. She was first buried in a common grave but the despondent Von Cosel obtained approval from her family to move her body to a nice stone mausoleum. During the move he found that Elena’s body had never been embalmed and was in a horrible state of decay. Von Cosel hired a local mortician to clean and fix-up the body before placing it in the new tomb. What the family did not know was that Von Cosel had the only key to the crypt.

Von Cosel became so obsessed with his morbid love affair that he secretly visited Elena every night bringing gifts and flowers, and according to some accounts, he installed a telephone in her tomb so he could talk with her. He believed that she could communicate with him through voice and song.

After two years Von Cosel removed Elena’s remains from her tomb and took them to a make-shift laboratory he had built inside the wingless fuselage of an old airplane behind the Marine hospital. There he began work on Elena’s corpse by wiring it together and using wax, plaster of paris, and glass eyes to restore her to “life.” When he learned that the military planned to move the old airplane fuselage, he secretly moved Elena’s corpse to his house on Flagler Street. Here he dressed Elena in a wedding dress and often slept with her as his wife. To keep her body preserved he rubbed on various oils, chemicals and perfume to mask the odor of decomposition. He continued restoring her facial features using mortician’s wax. But local folks became a little suspicious when Von Cosel kept buying perfume and women’s clothing and a paper boy reported that he had seen Von Cosel through a window dancing with a big doll. This started Frankenstein-like rumors circulating around town that Von Cosel was up to something strange in his house. This quickly led to gossip that Elena’s corpse was inside his house. Elena’s sister Nana demanded that Von Cosel tell her the truth about the rumors. Reluctantly, he agreed to show Nana her dead sister’s corpse all dressed in a wedding gown and propped-up in a chair. That was it; Nana immediately went to the police.

Count Von Cosel was arrested and charged with grave robbing and abusing a corpse. He was convicted of grave robbery, but by the time the case went to trial the statute of limitations had expired and no sentence was imposed. During the trial Von Cosel told the court how he had planned to use an airship to take him and Elena “to the stratosphere so radiation could penetrate her tissues and restore her to life.” The trial was so weird that it attracted not only the media but a huge crowd of curiosity seekers. What really outraged the judge was when Von Cosel asked if he could have Elena’s body back!

Because there had been so much publicity about the case that officials decided to put Elena’s corpse on public display at the local funeral home so the curious could view it. Afterwards Elena’s remains were put into a metal box and buried in a secret location. None of this stopped Von Cosel’s weirdness; he began charging tourists twenty-five cents to tour his laboratory. After the weirdo tourists stopped coming for his macabre tours, Von Cosel used dynamite to blow-up Elena’s old mausoleum and left town. For the next decade he resided in Zephyrhills where he died in 1952. When the authorities found him, he was clutching a life-size doll with a face that resembled Elena’s. It was later learned that Von Cosel had made and secretly kept a death mask of his former bride of death.

Weird Florida
    Last edited by blighted star; 05-29-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Van Cosel... Key West's most famous "love" story. Keeps getting better and better with time...

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar
    I remember reading about him. Ewww.....

WHY has sex with corpses continuously come up the last few days? Is there something in the water?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    Aww, did you forget Swedish Bicycle Sex Man?

We used to have a thread of some guy that fucked his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    We used to have a thread of some guy that fucked his car.

No way!! Is this it?

http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...TH-MY-CAR-quot

I remember that creepy Florida mummy man. Ewww!

Getting it on with your car. How romantic. I wonder if he cheats with a Corolla?

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.
    'The worst things in the world are justified by belief'- Raised by Wolves SOI

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

~You got to cry with out weeping. Talk without speaking
    Scream without raising your voice~

wibbly wobbly timey wimey Seraphim's Avatar
    Yeah. Somewhere in it there's links to YouTube that someone put up of a documentary of people that get down with their vehicles. There was one old dude that got caught doing the documentary crews vehicles. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Yeah. Somewhere in it there's links to YouTube that someone put up of a documentary of people that get down with their vehicles. There was one old dude that got caught doing the documentary crews vehicles. Lol
    Bwahhhh. What a whore. I bet he really knows how to rev an engine.

Fibro Fog has taken over. I am in a constant state of dyscognition so please excuse my retardation.

"Your life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do/ the worse the curse was that your dreams came true/
    God is a mirror in which each man sees himself/ Hell is place where you don't need anyone's help"

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    WOW, Look at that, another crazy. But wait, it's not in Florida...

Corpse Rides Hundreds of Miles After Driver Refuses to Stop

A man drove most of the way from Phoenix to the Detroit area this week with a corpse for company, authorities say.
    Ray Tomlinson told NBC station WDIV that he picked up a 31-year-old woman after she checked out of a mental health facility in Phoenix, near where he and his 92-year-old mother spend winters. On Sunday, the three of them set out in his van for Warren, Mich., 1,900 miles away.

Tomlinson, 62, said that they were in New Mexico on Monday when he couldn?t wake the younger woman, described as his girlfriend, who was sitting in the front passenger seat. He nudged her. "I just said, you know, you want something? And at this point in time she was stiff," Tomlinson told WDIV. "There wasn't jerking or moans or groans, or cries for help, she just fell asleep."

But he said he checked the internet on his phone and found he had 48 hours to get her to a morgue.

"I can just take her to the Macomb County morgue, because that was my plan," he said.

Then someone at the mental health facility called the woman?s phone to check on her. Tomlinson told them she was dead.

"I just drove and drove, and I knew I'd be in some kind of trouble," Tomlinson told WDIV.

He was. The facility called the police and they met Tomlinson on Tuesday in Warren.
    So why didn?t he just stop? Tomlinson told WDIV that he wanted to get his mother home and was worried that police might impound his van.

?There is no crime. It?s not illegal for carrying a body across the country,? he said.

Still, Tomlinson?s mother was taken into protective custody and prosecutors are considering whether he should face a misdemeanor charge of failure to produce a body, WDIV said.

Wow lol.

Whookay, reminds me of Little Miss Sunshine. I love that movie. Grandpa was the coolest.

I don't think I would have a problem with stopping and going the 911 route. The sooner stiffy is out and on ice, the better.
    Just saying...

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    http://gothamist.com/2014/06/04/threesome_backfires.php

Rich Gramercy Park Guy Robbed Blind On Cusp Of Seemingly Sexy Threesome

A rich Manhattan man was drugged and robbed blind by two women he brought back to his Gramercy Park apartment after a night of partying.

23-year-old Michael Curreri, former U.N. intern and owner of a $2,000 passport holder (until it was stolen) was partying last Saturday with a couple of women at Tao, a posh uptown restaurant that bills itself as a "majestic Asian 'temple.'"

He brought the pair back to his apartment around 1 a.m., where, according to the Post, the three engaged in what Tao's PR reps like to imagine always happens after an evening of dining at one of its locations: Designer clothes crumpled to the plush carpeting, a sensual shower with probably excellent water pressure was had.

Curreri, likely quite satisfied with the evening's outcome, allowed the women to fix him a drink. And that's the last thing he remembers.

When Curreri awoke around 1 p.m. the next day, he realized his apartment had been torn apart, and several important items were missing: His $10,000 Rolex, his Mac laptop, the aforementioned $2,000 passport holder, his iPhone, his brother's iPhone, a pair of $800 sunglasses and, finally, $10,600 in cash.

The women were described only as having long hair and weighing 115 to 120 pounds. One was white, the other was black. The police will certainly catch them in no time.

Thieves stole Michael Curreri's Rolex and sunglasses, among other things. They left the dog. (Instagram)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Men are so easy. Easy like sunday morning...

A hard man is easy to rob blind.

Teacher of the year!

Cops: Teacher kidnapped 3 students at knifepoint

ALTADENA, Calif. ?Authorities say a Southern California high school teacher is in jail for allegedly abducting three students at knifepoint and forcing them to take him to a fast food restaurant.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies say 34-year-old John Edward Maust was arrested Sunday after turning himself in. He's being held on $100,000 bail.

Deputies say three 17-year-olds were driving in Altadena Saturday night when they saw the teacher standing on a corner. When they stopped, investigators say Maust asked for a ride.

Something Maust said caused the driver to pull over and the students to jump out, but deputies say Maust ordered them back, pulled a knife and told them to go to a fast food restaurant.

One student called 911. When he saw a helicopter, Maust left. Efforts to find out if Maust had an attorney were unsuccessful.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/cops-teache...#ixzz34BIyRQ5h

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

OMG this is hilarious! Me and my husband are always making fun of people who drive those little lego cars (sorry if any of you own one, but...yeah).

SAN FRANCISCO —San Francisco is seeing a spate of mini cars being tipped over in the middle of the night, but police don't know if the acts are a protest or a prank.

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that two Smart cars were found turned on their sides less than a mile apart early Friday.

The incidents came two months after four other Smart cars were toppled in another part of the city.

Smart cars are small, eco-friendly vehicles that weigh about 1,800 pounds, which is about 1,200 pounds less than a Toyota Prius.

San Francisco police spokesman Gordon Shyy says police are investigating the episodes as vandalism but that no arrests have been made.

The Chronicle says car-tippings also have been reported in Amsterdam and Canada

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/more-smart-...#ixzz34BJrpdva

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    The Mr. Incredible cars? Lol that's hilarious! It's cow tipping for urbanites!
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    This shit isn't even the least bit funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

This is the stuff of nightmares. I'll never complain about a slow elevator again. I think there's a video at the link, but my phone won't let me post it:

Man injured when out of control elevator rises 30 floors in 15 seconds, crashes into roof

POSTED 5:54 PM, JUNE 8, 2014, BY*WEB STAFF,UPDATED AT 06:18PM, JUNE 8, 2014

Providencia, Chile ? A man was seriously injured on Friday when an elevator in Chile malfunctioned, rose rapidly from the first floor to the 31st floor and crashed into the building?s roof, according to multiple media reports.

Surveillance video posted to YouTube on Sunday*apparently shows*Jos? Vergara Acevedo, 31, entering*the elevator on the first floor of*a building at Bustamante Community Park in Providencia.

When Acevedo enters, the elevator*malfunctions and begins*to rise before the elevator doors have closed.

As shown in the surveillance video, the elevator ascends more than 30 floors in 15 seconds, according to*BiobioChile.

In the video, Acevedo can be seen attempting to push several buttons on the elevator?s control panel.

After reaching the 31st floor, the elevator crashed into the building?s roof, seriously injuring*Acevedo, according to*Emol Chile. He reportedly suffered head and leg injuries.

The building was finished just eight months ago, according to*Infonews. The elevator was in the Tower B building of the complex.

http://myfox8.com/2014/06/08/man-inj...hes-into-roof/

The elevator thing is crazy!!! Here at work i have to take an elevator. They run slow and sometimes stop working. The fun part happens when we need to be rescued, but its an easy and quick process.

You just can't prepare yourself for RACING through the roof! ..ever!

FUCK. THAT. I was stuck in one for 3 hrs at work once. It took off randomly & would suddenly open doors between floors so that we had to crouch & talk to rescuers out a gap at the bottom, or tippy-toe to look up through a gap at the top. They were trying to pry the doors open with wood but I didn't want to try & squeeze out because it kept vibrating & taking off. I didn't want to be cut in half.

I still have nightmares that I'm in an elevator that just plummets & smashes.

I like to use the stairs.

Don't feel alone in that whole gun stupidity thing guys. It's not confined to any one country

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-1...t-told/5515478

Father 'shot as a dare'

Accused man Michael Ciantar likely to have charges reduced

Updated 1 hour 46 minutes ago

A young Adelaide man who is accused of shooting an older friend as a dare is likely to plead guilty to reduced charges.

The Magistrates Court has been told Michael Ciantar, 20, aimed a gun at the man and asked his teenage son "Do you want to see your dad being shot?"

Shane Lewis, in his 40s, stood against a wall as the gun was fired and was wounded in the arm as his 14-year-old son Troy watched.

The incident at Brahma Lodge last February was reported to police as a drive-by shooting but officers later were told it had been the result of a dare.

At the latest hearing, Ciantar's lawyer said an aggravated charge of causing serious harm would be dropped as part of a deal with the prosecution.

He said Ciantar then would plead guilty to discharging a firearm to injure, annoy or frighten.

Ciantar will face court again in a fortnight.

Where they don't have maps.......such as..
    Wait...wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by blighted star
    I was about to be annoyed that this thread was still active, but I see now it's morphed into offers of sex for chilli confectionary, so carry on guys :)

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/54856...00021&ir=Crime

Dear Lord, is there no safety out there for pool rafts to lay around when this sick fuck is on the loose!

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

http://tribune.com.pk/story/685065/p...s-pms-peacock/

Policemen suspended as cat devours PM’s peacock

CCPO denies report, says policemen were suspended for absenting from duty.

Three police officials deployed at Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s Jaati Umra residence in Raiwind were suspended on Wednesday and issued show-cause notices for negligence by SP (Security Zone 3) Syed Junaid Arshad. The police personnel were suspended after a cat devoured one of the several peacocks kept at the residence.

A police official said a gardener found the peacock’s body on Tuesday morning on the lawns of the premier’s house where the birds wander freely. He said the incident was reported to SP Arshad who summoned the constables deployed near the house.

Initially, SP Arshad denied the incident, saying some officials had been penalised for not being present for duty at the time.

One of the suspended constables, however, told The Express Tribune that 21 constables were summoned by the SP on Wednesday. He said the constables said they were on duty but did not anticipate a cat eating the peacock at night.

The SP cleared 18 security personnel as they were not manning the lawn but issued formal orders of suspension for the remaining three police constables, he said, including Tariq and Rafaqat, who were on guard near the lawn where the bird was attacked.

When contacted again, SP Arshad was unavailable for comments.

Thread Information