Page 31 of 157 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 131 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Posted: Jan 23, 2013 4:31 PM by Associated Press
    Updated: Jan 23, 2013 5:15 PM
    Bookmark and Share
    Rating:

0.0 (0 votes)

SAN DIEGO (AP) - The man who was the voice of Charlie Brown on many "Peanuts" television shows has been charged with stalking and threatening his former girlfriend and a plastic surgeon who gave her a breast enhancement he apparently didn't like.

Peter Robbins pleaded not guilty Wednesday in San Diego Superior Court.

Robbins was arrested Sunday at the San Ysidro Port of Entry after authorities doing a background check upon his return from Mexico spotted a warrant from the San Diego County Sheriff's Department.

Prosecutors say the 56-year-old stalked and threatened his former girlfriend, as well as the plastic surgeon. Authorities say Robbins paid for the breast enhancement.

He is being held on $550,000 bond.

Robbins was the voice of Charlie Brown on "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and other TV specials.
    Right in the childhood.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    Funeral procession stops at Burger King

Posted: Jan 28, 2013 9:34 AM EST Updated: Jan 28, 2013 6:25 PM EST myfoxdc

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2073085...#axzz2JJbsHcCF

There was an unusual sight in Pennsylvania this weekend where an 88-year-old man had it his way one last time at his funeral.

The family took the funeral procession through a Burger King drive thru where the man ate daily.

They picked up 40 whoppers and even buried him with one.

His relatives say he lived by his own rules and ignored warnings to adopt a healthier diet.

His daughter says his version of eating healthy was the lettuce on the Whopper Junior.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/2073085...#ixzz2JJgKw7in
    Follow us: @myfoxdc on Twitter | myfoxdc on Facebook

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...-plot--1560455

there goes my desire to go down for the rest of the year

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Florida man accused of fraud after name change in "act of love"

By David Adams
    updated 1/28/2013 5:47:02 PM ET

MIAMI (Reuters) - A newly married South Florida man who opted to take his wife's last name is fighting the state's Department of Motor Vehicles after it suspended his driving license on grounds of fraud.

Real estate investor Lazaro Sopena offered to change his name following his 2011 marriage to Hanh Dinh in order to help his wife's Vietnamese family perpetuate their family surname.

Shortly after their marriage, Lazaro Dinh obtained a new passport and Social Security card and changed his bank account and credit cards before applying to update his drivers license.

"It was an act of love. I have no particular emotional ties to my last name," said Dinh, 40, who was born in Cuba and came to the United States at the age of 11 in 1984.

His wife, Hanh Dinh, 32, has four sisters and came to the U.S. in 1990, after a family odyssey involving living in refugee camps and being separated from her father for 7 years.

Lazaro Dinh was initially issued a new license after presenting his marriage certificate at his local DMV office and paying a $20 fee, just as newly married women are required to do when they adopt their husband's name.

"It was easy. When the government issues you a new passport you figure you're fine," he said.

More than a year later Dinh received a letter from Florida's DMV last December accusing him of "obtaining a driving license by fraud," and advising him that his license would be suspended at the end of the month. Ironically, it was addressed to Lazaro Dinh.

"I thought it was a mistake," he said.

But when he called the state DMV office in Tallahassee he said he was told he had to go to court first in order to change his name legally, a process that takes several months and has a $400 filing fee.

When he explained he was changing his name due to marriage, he was told 'that only works for men,'" he said.

"Apparently the state of Florida clings to the out-dated notion that treats women as an extension of a man," said Lazaro's lawyer, Spencer Kuvin, with Cohen & Kuvin in West Palm Beach. While it was unusual for a man to seek to be considered an extension on his wife, Dinh's case raised important issues for gay marriage, he noted.

"If Lazaro isn't allowed to change his name, what is going to happen when a gay couple seeks a name change?"

Only a few states have made their marriage name change policy gender neutral, Kuvin said. In Florida's case it has no law, although the DMV's website does not specify gender.

According to Kuvin, 9 states enable a man to change his name upon marriage: California, New York, Hawaii, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Oregon, Iowa, Georgia and North Dakota.

The Florida DMV did not respond to a request for comment.

Following a DMV hearing, Dinh was issued a Final Order on January 14 confirming that his license had been properly suspended for fraud.

He is now appealing that order but has not dared get behind the wheel.

"I don't understand. I'm being treated like a highway criminal," said Dinh, who said he has a perfect driving record and now is struggling to carry out his job, begging his wife and friends for rides.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50620321

I have a hs school friend who changed his name when he got married. The couple merged both of their last names to create one last name. No hyphens. Pussy whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by blighted star View Post
    ..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

Oompa Loompas arrested after attacking British man

http://www.examiner.com/article/oomp...ng-british-man
    "Oompa Loompa, do-ba-dee-doo, I’ve got a perfect puzzle for you." The 1971 film "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" is considered one of the classic movie musicals. Oompa Loompas tainted their reputation when three British men physically attacked a 28-year-old man dressed up as Willy Wonka's famous midget-sized factory workers, according to a Jan. 28 UPI report.

British police said they arrested three suspects for attacking a man around 3:30 a.m. last month. However, the British press only picked up the odd news story on Monday. Law enforcement is still looking for a fourth suspect and say that two individuals were dressed as Oompa Loompas when the attack took place.

Was the assault part of some "Jackass" gig? Who knows. Local police are still gathering details on the strange incident which took place in the town of Norwich. The arrested men are either teenagers or in their 20s and were charged with grievous bodily harm, according to the Norfolk Eastern Daily Press.

Original Oompa Loompa songs
    "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" has an 89 percent approval rating from movie site rottentomatoes.com and is based on Roald Dahl's book "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".

Ironically, the actions of the thugs dressed up as Oompa Loompas don't match the lyrics of their songs and will have to account for their behavior in jail:

Oompa Loompa do-ba-dee-da,
    Given good manners you will go far.
    You will live in happiness too,
    Like the oompa loompa do-ba-dee-doo.
    Do-ba-dee-doo

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/q...bzNfGUo04e52rL

Cop killed self because female boss made him trade sex for good schedule, wife claims in suit

By CHRISTINA CARREGA and DAN MACLEOD
    Last Updated: 5:09 PM, January 30, 2013
    Posted: 12:37 PM, January 30, 2013

A Queens cop killed himself last year because his female boss made him trade sex for a favorable work schedule, his wife claims in a bombshell lawsuit.

Gina Schindler claims her late husband, Officer Matthew Schindler, was forced to have sex with his supervisor, Sgt. Christine Hertzel, to determine his workload and schedule.

Schindler, 39, "was made to understand that he would suffer tangible detriment in his job, job assignments, work conditions and future prospects if he did not submit to the sexual advances and demands of Hertzel," according to the lawsuit filed in Queens Supreme Court.

Officer Matthew Schindler
    (Byron Smith)

The widow claims in the lawsuit that her husband and Hertzel had "sexual relations" during his time at the 115th precinct in Jackson Heights — from March 2011 until his death on Feb 13, 2012.

Schindler "realized and/or believed he could not escape the continuing sexual advances and demands of Hertzel," the lawsuit said.

On Feb. 13, the 15-year veteran told Hertzel he would kill himself over the "guilt" and asked for the affair to stop, the suit says.

She allegedly refused.

Hertzel told her captain about their relationship and Schindler's suicide threat, the suit says.

The captain allegedly tried to call Schindler to "rectify his hostile work environment and persuade him against suicide," the lawsuit said.

But the father of three killed himself with his NYPD service pistol that same day.

Schindler's wife is suing the city, the NYPD and Hertzel for violating her husband's civil rights.

A spokeswoman for the City Law Department declined to comment. Schindler's attorney didn't immediately comment.

More NYPD shenanigans:

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

7-Year-Old Handcuffed Over $5, Says Suit
    By Ben Waldron

The family of a 7-year-old New York boy is suing police and the city for $250 million, saying cops handcuffed and interrogated the boy for ten hours after a scuffle over lunch money at school.

Wilson Reyes, a student at Public School 114 in the Bronx reportedly got into a fight with a fellow student in December after he was accused of taking $5 of lunch money that had fallen on the ground in front of him. Responding to a complaint of assault and robbery, the police were called and took the boy to the local police precinct where officers allegedly handcuffed and interrogated him for ten hours, according to the lawsuit.

"Imagine how I felt seeing my son in handcuffs," Wilson's mother, Frances Mendez, told the New York Post. "It was horrible. I couldn't believe what I was seeing," she said.

The claim, filed by family attorney Jack Yankowitz, accuses the NYPD, among other things, of false imprisonment, physical, verbal, emotional and psychological abuse, and deprivation of Reyes' constitutional rights.

Robbery charges against the boy were later dropped, and the NYPD, though it disputes the accusations in the suit, is investigating the incident.

"While the lawyer's claims are grossly untrue in many respects, including fabrication as to how long the child was held, the matter is nonetheless being reviewed by the department's Internal Affairs Bureau," Deputy Commissioner Paul J. Browne told ABC News in an emailed statement.

New York City Public Advocate Bill de Blasio was critical of the NYPD in a statement posted on the New York City Public Advocate's website.

"Seven-year-olds don't belong in handcuffs," he said. "As a parent, I wouldn't stand for this in one of my kids' schools. Our school system's over-reliance on the NYPD as a disciplinary tool traumatizes our young people, sows distrust in our communities and drains vital city resources away from responding to genuine crimes. This has to stop."

Calls placed to Public School 114 were not immediately returned.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/c...5#.URBCUIYfHcu

Springfield woman jailed over Jolly Ranchers

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) - Jolly Rancher candies are tasty, but are they worth a trip to jail? Well, maybe.

A Springfield woman was arrested after a fight over the candy. Springfield police say Buffy Jo Sample, 41, became upset with her boyfriend when he refused to share his Jolly Rancher candies.

Ronald Massie says she grabbed him around the neck inside their Springfield apartment Wednesday night. He then says she snatched away his cell phone as he tried to call police.

Massie told police he left the house and made his way to a family member's home to make the call to police.

Sample is now charged with domestic violence, assault and disruption of public services.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Senior Member UncomfortablyNumb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post

Been there. Ok not really, but dammit why can't people share??!
    She transitioned from a stupid asshole to a dumb bitch.

From her FB from a previous assault case. The link didn't work for me, though.

https://www.facebook.com/buffy.sample.7?ref=ts&fref=ts

Buffy Sample commented on a link.
    July 18, 2012
    To this piece of crap guy that's doing thiis,you must be jealous or real messed up in the head,cause I'm a good person and it was self deffense,if you were getting chocked out to where your life was about to end,I would think you would do whatever you had to,to save your life,so say what you want to say about me,I know I'm a good person,it seems like your not,but o well I'm not goon feed into your crap,cause your a piece of garbage,your the one that must have came from a bad family

Buffy Sample aka Buffy The slayer??1st assualt case you got dismissed, the second one you got 10 day
    realfilthy.com

..... it wasn't anything personal, she just mistook him for a serial killer......

I was thinking, "This would have happened anyways, I bet the asshole ate all the apple too.."

I say there is more to this story. Hubby probably was a dick and hit her and then went to bed like whatever and she wasn't having that as a last word and responded to his attack, just a few minutes later.

I was thinking, "This would have happened anyways, I bet the asshole ate all the apple too.."

I say there is more to this story. Hubby probably was a dick and hit her and then went to bed like whatever and she wasn't having that as a last word and responded to his attack, just a few minutes later.

She looks so pleasant though.

Restaurant pulls "naked lady" calendar intended for kids

SAN DIEGO (CBS 8) - A local dad says he got quite the surprise when he took his kid to a Der Wienerschnitzel restaurant.

The child got a calendar with a sticker on it. But when the sticker was removed a picture of a naked lady was underneath.

Santee resident Dallas Stewart says he got more than he bargained for when he bought a kid's meal at a Wienerschnitzel for his three-and-a-half-year old son, a meal that came with a clever calendar of canine spoofs on famous movie posters.

"We were a little surprised to find out when we got home that he had peeled the sticker off one of the insert posters and showed what appeared to be a naked lady underneath," says Stewart.

July's poster is a take-off on Jaws featuring that well-known image from the 70's of a naked woman swimming. Although the calendar's creator had glued a sticker of the same woman clothed in a red bathing suit, it was a cover-up that clearly came off at the hands of a three year old.

"Me and my wife, we couldn't believe it, and the more we looked at it, the more shocked we became," he says.

Stewart contacted Wienerschnitzel's corporate office, which told him that they were now aware of the situation and would alert their franchise owners as well.

And while some other parents News 8 spoke with were also uneasy -- others were more forgiving.

"By putting the sticker on, they tried to fix it. Because cost wise, it's going to be a huge cost to the company to reprint it for one picture," says Edwin Andrus, a local resident.

But some were left asking, why a calendar is being offered as a kids meal toy in the first place.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/20952279/r...ended-for-kids
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

I have never received such a thing at der wiener.

Buffy Jo Sample. REALLY?!?

Woman Who Flipped Judge the Bird Back in Court

By DONNA RAPADO and BRIAN HAMACHER
    NBCMIAMI.com http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50716431/n...news-miami_fl/

updated 2 hours 42 minutes ago

The woman who was slammed with a 30-day sentence after she flipped the bird at a Miami-Dade judge earlier this week was back in court Wednesday.

Penelope Soto, 18, appeared more composed at the Wednesday hearing, which was related to her arrest for possession of Xanax.

Soto didn't laugh or smile during the appearance before Judge Jeffrey Rosinek, who had to ask her several times to repeat herself because she was so quiet.

Rosinek set her bond at $5,000, but she'll still have to serve the 30-day sentence.

Soto, who told Rosinek she lives with her mother, will have her case thrown out if she completes a drug program, the judge ruled.

Soto's appearance in court on Monday made national news after her profane encounter with Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Jorge Rodriguez-Chomat earned her a month behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/q...bzNfGUo04e52rL

Cop killed self because female boss made him trade sex for good schedule, wife claims in suit

By CHRISTINA CARREGA and DAN MACLEOD
    Last Updated: 5:09 PM, January 30, 2013
    Posted: 12:37 PM, January 30, 2013

A Queens cop killed himself last year because his female boss made him trade sex for a favorable work schedule, his wife claims in a bombshell lawsuit.

Gina Schindler claims her late husband, Officer Matthew Schindler, was forced to have sex with his supervisor, Sgt. Christine Hertzel, to determine his workload and schedule.

Schindler, 39, "was made to understand that he would suffer tangible detriment in his job, job assignments, work conditions and future prospects if he did not submit to the sexual advances and demands of Hertzel," according to the lawsuit filed in Queens Supreme Court.

Officer Matthew Schindler
    (Byron Smith)

The widow claims in the lawsuit that her husband and Hertzel had "sexual relations" during his time at the 115th precinct in Jackson Heights — from March 2011 until his death on Feb 13, 2012.

Schindler "realized and/or believed he could not escape the continuing sexual advances and demands of Hertzel," the lawsuit said.

On Feb. 13, the 15-year veteran told Hertzel he would kill himself over the "guilt" and asked for the affair to stop, the suit says.

She allegedly refused.

Hertzel told her captain about their relationship and Schindler's suicide threat, the suit says.

The captain allegedly tried to call Schindler to "rectify his hostile work environment and persuade him against suicide," the lawsuit said.

But the father of three killed himself with his NYPD service pistol that same day.

Schindler's wife is suing the city, the NYPD and Hertzel for violating her husband's civil rights.

A spokeswoman for the City Law Department declined to comment. Schindler's attorney didn't immediately comment.
    when i heard about this, i was like, "wow he really got his wife to believe that..."

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    when i heard about this, i was like, "wow he really got his wife to believe that..."
    Right? Dude was good!

Why check out???

Women in Japan are renting out their legs for advertising space

Renting billboard space in prime locations may have been the old way to advertise, but these days, Japan is scouting out new space to rent for their advertising campaigns. According to the Daily Mail, enterprising firms have rented ad space on a Japanese woman?s bare legs, paying her to wear a miniskirt 8 hours a day to display their advertising.

More from Living: 25 most provocative fashion & beauty products

The Daily Mail reports that in order to participate, a woman will get her leg stamped with an ad, then go about her daily life, but make sure she is constantly wearing a short skirt to show off the branding.

More from Living: 21 style don?ts to live by

The woman must also take a picture of her leg with the advertising on it so that the company knows they are doing their job.

This unique form of advertising is definitely an interesting concept, but is it affective? It is certainly an attention-getter.

http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/s...8-965759f1a22e

So that Caribbean vacation looks good?

The Most Dangerous Places in the World originally shared this post:
    This Maho Beach Resort is located right on the tip of Princess Juliana International Airport in the Caribbean.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/?tab=wX&...13839391/posts

I love watching the videos of idiots trying to fence surf the jet blasts there.

Thread Information