Page 27 of 157 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 77 127 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

WTF?!

Yeah, I heard about that last week. Kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

That must have been one really ugly kid!

ron_nyc: I don't like the black ones much.

I wanna see pictures. Badly.

The mom has her signed up for surgery before any pics can be taken.

Pics I found. Of the mother and baby

Awww I don't think that baby is ugly at all! Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    Awww I don't think that baby is ugly at all! Poor thing.
    Yeah the baby is cute and fat..

I was expecting something hideous, that baby just looks like a baby! Poor thing

I was too. I agree that baby is not ugly. Crazy dad

Southern Undertaker Key West Digger's Avatar
    "A piece of cardboard shaped a bit like an iPhone 5" is selling on eBay for more than $250,000 USD.......... No, seriously.

It's successful ebay postings like that that make me re-evaluate my life and how seriously I take it.

Kenyan mother names twins Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
    By Ron Recinto | The Sideshow ? 8 hrs ago

A young Kenyan mother has named her newborn twin sons after the U.S. president-elect and his defeated Republican challenger.

Millicent Owuor, 20, gave birth to Barack Obama and Mitt Romney on Wednesday at the Siaya District Hospital in southwest Kenya, according to the Standard.

Owuor told the Kenyan news outlet her sons' names will always remind her of the election in the United States.

The hospital is near the village of Kogelo, where where President Barack Obama's father was born and where his 90-year-old stepgrandmother, Sarah Obama, resides.

Jubilant residents in Kogelo cheered Obama's victory as results from the United States were reported.

Shouts of "Hail our Kogelo son" and "Obama is coming, open the road for him" rang through the air as locals blew vuvuzela horns in celebration, the Standard reports.

"If Obama did not win, I believe most projects here would stall," Joseph Onyango told the Kenyan media outlet.

Kenyans hope Obama's re-election will harken a fresh start for a U.S. relationship with Kenya, Reuters reports.

Obama visited sub-Saharan Africa just once during his first four years as president?a stop of less than a day in Ghana, according to Reuters.

If Obama does visit Kenya, maybe baby Barack can meet his namesake and baby Mitt meet the U.S. president.

There's no word yet if there have been twins named Joe Biden and Paul Ryan.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...132344622.html

At least naming your kids dumb shit is not just in the United States. This is still better than La'qudiqutanish-lexus-Moet'''Charles

http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2828298.shtml

Man's Pig Tattoo Seen as Threat to Mpls. Cop

Minneapolis police say it starts with the tattoo, but goes much deeper than that.

Antonio Jenkins Jr. sits in the Hennepin County Jail charged with felony terroristic threats against a police officer.

Investigators say Jenkins has a tattoo that depicts a pig in a police officer's uniform and an automatic weapon in its mouth. They say it has a specific officer's badge and name on it with a threat written underneath it.

According to a criminal complaint, investigators say Jenkins is a known member of a violent Minneapolis gang. The complaint says Jenkins admitted the tattoo could cause other gang members to inflict harm on the officer. And, police say, Jenkins posted a photo of the tattoo on Facebook and bragged about it in a written message.

Investigators say those two things took the threat to another level and they brought the case to the Hennepin County Attorney's Office who issued the charge in District Court.

Police say given the gang's history of violent offenses in the past and Jenkins' admission of its potential threat to the officer, they believe the case will withstand legal challenges on First Amendment free speech issues.

Cell phone towers in Arizona?

Double...
    Last edited by Key West Digger; 11-12-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Key West Digger View Post
    Cell phone towers in Arizona?
    They do trees in CA, and from what I remember Oregon and Washington. My best friend is obsessed with taking pictures of every single one. Conspiracy eyedollartree shit. I personally think she is going to get sick being next to those things all the time.

As retarded as it is, the cactus doesn't shock me.

I wish they'd build cacti up here. We just get ugly flag poles.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    We just slap em on buildings, or have outright towers.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Makes sense right? I don't know why they want to make ours look like trees. They don't look real at all.

Here they pay churches for the use of their spire...

American Airlines Employee Was Put On No Fly List

By WILLARD SHEPARD, NBCMIAMI.com
    updated 2 hours 22 minutes ago

Luis Montano may be one of the most unlikely people to end up on the government?s no fly list that?s designed to stop terrorists. After all, he works for one of the country?s biggest airlines.

But Team 6 Investigators found that he wasn?t just prevented from traveling by air, he was told by his employer to go home. He couldn?t work and the bills started piling up.

?Two months without work because of being on the no fly list,? Montano said. ?I basically have been doing a lot of research concerning the TSA?s no fly list. I have been trying to basically reach out for help.?

After 13 years working for an American Airlines as a gate agent, also in cargo operations, and at its South Florida headquarters, the U.S. citizen discovered he had been labeled a potential terrorist, a danger to the flying public.

?In shock. Just like, I couldn?t understand how you can just be put on a list and for no reason, haven?t been contacted by the government,? he said.

In August, Montano says his boss told him he was placed on the TSA?s no fly list and sent him home.
    Montano has traveled the world, to Paris, Barcelona, China, and he returned from overseas during the summer with no trouble.

?In July I traveled and in August, I?m told I?m on the no fly list,? he said.

NBC 6 contacted the airlines and American said it must follow the TSA?s rules, and that it was waiting to see if there was any change in their employee?s status.

For six weeks, without success, Montano was on the computer trying to get the government to reverse his status when American cut his pay.

After Sept. 11, the no fly list was developed by Homeland Security to keep potential terrorists out of the skies. After Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab tried to ignite explosives in his underwear on a flight to Detroit, the government accounting office launched an investigation earlier this year. According to the government accounting office, the number of U.S. citizens on the no fly list more than doubled after the alleged the underwear attack.

Was it a case of mistaken identity? Maybe. But Montano says it?s hard to fight the inclusion because the Department of Homeland Security provides little information, even though it says less than one percent of those who complain have an actual connection to a terrorist.

NBC 6 tried to find out what happened from the TSA and the Department of Homeland Security, but the government eventually said to ask the FBI, which said it doesn?t discuss the no fly list at all.

?They say they are checking with agencies to see if it?s a mistake on their part,? Montano said.

He spent weeks struggling to pay his bills and was told by American he could lose his job for good. Five days after NBC 6 contacted the government, Homeland Security sent a letter saying he's no longer a potential terrorist.

They gave no answers in their letter. They just said they could neither confirm nor deny any information about him.

Montano said he was still waiting to be cleared by the airlines' security department to return to work.

Woman falls off cliff while texting

Despite various incidents of injuries related to texting while walking, some people still don't understand the potential danger.

Detailed in the Anchorage Daily News, a young woman named Maria Pestrikoff plummeted sixty feet off a cliff when she was walking while texting. According to the account of the incident, she was attempting to write a text on her cell phone when she walked near a cliff to flick a cigarette butt off the edge. Her home is located near the cliff, thus it?s likely that she commonly uses the cliff to discard old cigarette butts when outside. While she was occupied with sending a text message, Pestrikoff lost her footing on wet grass and quickly fell onto a dangerous, rocky area on the Kodiak beach below.

Luckily discovered by her friend Anthony Burke, Pestrikoff was spotted between large boulders along the beach. Shrieking in pain, both the Bayside Fire Department and Kodiak Fire Department were called to the scene in order to attempt a rescue from above.

While some of the firefighters were able to descend to her location using an aluminum ladder, others eventually had to rappel down the side of the cliff in order to stabilize Pestrikoff and lift her to safety.

Fortunately, the firefighters were able to remove Pestrikoff from the rocky terrain prior to the tide coming in to cover the rocks. Just ten feet away when she was moved away, the freezing cold water could have escalated her injuries with the threat of hypothermia. Regarding the incoming water, Burke stated ?The tide was right up to her toes by the time they were able to get her out.?

Placed in a stretcher, Pestrikoff was transported to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in an ambulance before being flown to an Anchorage hospital. After falling on September 17, Pestrikoff is still in the Anchorage hospital recovering from her many injuries. This incident is somewhat similar to the Texas student that drove off a bridge while texting ?I need to quit texting,? as well as the woman that walked off a pier into Lake Michigan while attempting to send a text message.

Read more: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...#ixzz2CEBffIr3

The tale of the Smithfield boy, the goat and the tree

SMITHFIELD, Cache County ? It started as a report for a missing child, but he was found after police got a report of a goat that had chased a teenage boy up a tree.

He may have a villainous name, but 1 ?-year-old Voldemort is a nice goat, his owner said.

?He?s really happy and plays with the kids,? Marissa Benson said. ?I?ve never had him chase my kids.?

She and her two kids have owned Voldemort since he was two days old. He is a fainting goat, which means he?s narcoleptic and will fall asleep when scared. But Tuesday morning he put the fear in someone else.

Fourteen-year-old Jaxon Gessel was on his early morning paper route when the chain holding Voldemort broke. The goat made its way across Smithfield's Main Street under cover of darkness.

Gessel said the early morning dark made it difficult to make out the creature as it approached him near 300 South and Main Street. He didn?t think much of it, figuring it was a dog because he sees dogs all the time on his route.

?Then it made a weird noise, kind of like a grunting noise,? he said. The shadowy figure started coming at him. ?I?m like, ?What the heck is that???

He said Voldemort head-butted him off his bike. He tried to get away by jumping back on his bike, but the goat tackled him.

?It just freaked me out when it stood up on its hind legs and just wrapped its front legs around me and pulled me off,? he said.

The teenager took shelter in a tree. Whenever someone would walk by, the goat would chase after them.

?It had like a collar on, so I grabbed it by the collar to keep it off of the other people because I didn?t want anybody else getting hurt,? he said.

The boy was able to get out of the tree, but was chased right back up. He was up in the tree for about an hour when two little girls walked by and were freaked out by Voldemort, he said.

Jaxon said that brought new urgency to get down out of the tree. He grabbed the goat and chased it down for a block or two.

Meantime, Smithfield police officer Brandon Muir was working a missing child case called in by Gessel?s parents. He hadn?t come home from his paper route and was about 90 minutes overdue. That?s when Muir got a call about a boy and a goat.
    When Muir arrived, he said the goat was overly friendly. ?It jumped on me a few times,? he said. ?But he wasn?t that hard to catch.?

No one was hurt, and Voldemort is back to causing trouble at home.

Gessel said it was a strange morning, one his classmates won't soon let him forget.

He said, "Everybody, they're all, 'Hey, goat boy!' I'm like, 'Hey, guys.'"

He said faced with Voldemort in the dark, people might react the same way. "People are just like, 'Why are you scared of goats? I'm like that was a freaky goat. I think it's like possessed or something."

Benson said she was sorry for what happened to Jaxon. "I feel horrible that the whole thing happened,? she said. But both Jaxon and Voldemort returned safely to their homes.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...-the-tree.html

Thread Information