Page 153 of 157 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 3925

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://abcnews.go.com/US/wanted-man...ry?id=99384760

Man pulled over for DUI blames dog for driving, police say
    why if I had a nickel for every time my dog's driving got me in trouble with the law...
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

https://www.eastidahonews.com/2023/0...fficials-urge/

Please wear clothes in your digital driver’s license photo, Georgia officials urge

Please wear clothes in your digital driver’s license photo, Georgia officials urge

but but but what about the clothing sensitive? or those who choose to be garment free? why are they being left nekkid on the side of the street, let those man boobies free!!
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

Wait there was more than 1 person in Georgia that showed up naked to get their DL PIC?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Wait there was more than 1 person in Georgia that showed up naked to get their DL PIC?
    No, they're allowing people to send in pics for an ID.

No, they're allowing people to send in pics for an ID.
    even my blind mother could have seen what would happen w/ that policy.

dble

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/penn-...NcL1slCP7HO2Xk

Penn State Professor Themis Matsoukas Charged With Having Sexual Intercourse With His Collie

"I do it to blow off steam," the professor reportedly told officials investigating his alleged bestiality.

Penn State Professor Themis Matsoukas Charged With Having Sexual Intercourse With His Collie
    Why the fuck would he do it out in public?

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Why the fuck would he do it out in public?
    I don't know, but this fucker needs to be locked up. Poor dog.

I don't know, but this fucker needs to be locked up. Poor dog.
    There is no way that poor dog doesnt have genital trauma. Poor thing.

I agree dog fucker needs to be in jail. His lame excuse "to blow of steam" is laughable. Go jerk off assface.

I can't even with this.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://abcnews.go.com/International...thai-100474736

Woman's leg is amputated after being trapped under a moving walkway in a Thai airport

The 57-year-old Thai passenger was due to board a morning flight from Bangkok’s Don Mueang Airport to the southern Nakhon Si Thammarat province when she was caught by the walkway in the airport’s Terminal 2. A medical team there eventually had to cut her left leg off from above the knee, according to the airport's officials.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    https://abcnews.go.com/International...thai-100474736

Woman's leg is amputated after being trapped under a moving walkway in a Thai airport
    That is horrible. Poor lady.

I don't know where to post this, but I'm freaked out by it, so....

This guy and his dog were adrift at sea for THREE MONTHS and they got rescued by a Mexican fishing boat! This is like, my worst nightmare, it validates all of my weird phobias. I think people who go out in the ocean in a catamaran must have a death wish or something. I want to know more. How did it happen? What did they do? How did they live? Where did they get water? I assume there was fishing involved, but was there ever a "Donner Moment?"

I've got questions and I want answers.

You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Wait. I found some answers! I can't believe he got rid of the dog!!!

So grateful?: Australian sailor who survived three months adrift off Mexico back on dry land
    Timothy Shaddock, 54, and his dog Bella disembark tuna trawler that rescued him after a storm damaged his yacht and forced him to live off raw fish and rainwater

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...ck-on-dry-land

Tue 18 Jul 2023 18.12 EDT

An Australian sailor who was rescued by a Mexican tuna boat after being adrift at sea with his dog for three months has said he is grateful to be alive after setting foot on dry land for the first time since their ordeal began.

Timothy Lyndsay Shaddock, 54, disembarked in the Mexican city of Manzanillo after being examined on board the boat that rescued him, the Maria Delia.

?I?m feeling all right,? a smiling Shaddock, bearded and thin, told reporters on the dock in the port city about 340km (210 miles) west of Mexico City. ?I?m feeling a lot better than I was, I tell you.

?To the captain and fishing company that saved my life, I?m just so grateful. I?m alive and I didn?t really think I?d make it,? he said, adding that his ?amazing? dog Bella was also doing well.

Shaddock described himself as a quiet person who loves being alone on the ocean. Asked why he had set out in April from Mexico?s Baja Peninsula to cross the Pacific Ocean to French Polynesia, he was initially at a loss.

?I?m not sure I have the answer to that but I very much enjoy sailing and I love the people of the sea,? he said. ?It?s the people of the sea that make us all come together. The ocean is in us. We are the ocean.?

The Sydney man?s catamaran set sail from the Mexican city of La Paz but was crippled by bad weather weeks into the journey. He said the last time he had seen land was in early May as he sailed out of the Sea of Cortez. There was a full moon.

Shaddock said he had been well-provisioned but a storm had knocked out his electronics and ability to cook. He and Bella survived on raw fish.

?There were many, many, many bad days and many good days,? he said. ?The energy, the fatigue is the hardest part.?

He passed the time fixing things and stayed positive by going into the water to ?just enjoy being in the water?.

Asked what meal he was looking forward to the most, he replied: ?Tuna sushi.?

When the tuna boat?s helicopter spotted Shaddock?s catamaran about 1,930km from land, it was the first sign of humans he had seen in three months. The pilot tossed him a drink then flew away, returning with a speedboat from the Mar?a Delia.

Grupomar, which operates the fishing fleet, didn?t specify when the rescue occurred. But it said Shaddock and his dog had been in a ?precarious? state when found, lacking provisions and shelter, and that the tuna boat?s crew had given them medical attention, food and hydration.

Bella had been an immediate hit with the crew, Shaddock said. He also explained how he and the dog met.

?Bella sort of found me in the middle of Mexico,? he said. ?She?s Mexican. She?s the spirit of the middle of the country and she wouldn?t let me go. I tried to find a home for her three times and she just kept following me on to the water. She?s a lot braver than I am, that?s for sure.?

Perhaps for that reason, Bella did not leave the boat until Shaddock had driven away on Tuesday. He had chosen Genaro Rosales, a crew member from Mazatlan, to adopt her on the condition he would take good care of her.

Shaddock said he would be returning to Australia soon and that was looking forward to seeing his family.

There have been other stories of extreme ocean survival but they do not all end happily.

In 2016 a Colombian fisher was rescued after spending two months adrift in the Pacific Ocean. Three of his crewmates died. He was rescued by a merchant ship more than 3,000km south-east of Hawaii. He and the others had been fishing off Colombia?s coast when their skiff?s motor failed.

In 2014 a Salvadoran fisher washed ashore on the tiny Pacific atoll of Ebon in the Marshall Islands after drifting for 13 months. Jos? Salvador Alvarenga left Mexico for a day of shark fishing in December 2012. He said he had survived on fish, birds and turtles before his boat washed ashore 8,850km away.

Grupomar?s president, Antonio Suarez, said Tuesday that this could be the Mar?a Delia?s final trip because he was modernising the company?s fleet and the boat was its smallest and more than 50 years old.

If so, it would be a ?marvellous farewell, saving human lives?, Suarez said.
    Last edited by KimTisha; 07-19-2023 at 01:44 PM.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by KimTisha View Post
    I don't know where to post this, but I'm freaked out by it, so....

This guy and his dog were adrift at sea for THREE MONTHS and they got rescued by a Mexican fishing boat! This is like, my worst nightmare, it validates all of my weird phobias. I think people who go out in the ocean in a catamaran must have a death wish or something. I want to know more. How did it happen? What did they do? How did they live? Where did they get water? I assume there was fishing involved, but was there ever a "Donner Moment?"

I've got questions and I want answers.

I wasn't able to read the actual article, but I have some of the same questions as you. I mean, the dog survived. How in the world did they only survive on water...and what water were they drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    I wasn't able to read the actual article, but I have some of the same questions as you. I mean, the dog survived. How in the world did they only survive on water...and what water were they drinking?
    Rainwater and raw fish. He was adrift in a yacht. Still dangerous, but he had shelter. I was picturing him out there in an inflatable raft because that's where my mind goes.

Why did he get rid of the dog?

Why did he get rid of the dog?
    The guy is kind of hippie-dippie. In the article he talked about the dog being the Spirit of Mexico and being one with the ocean. I think he thinks the dog doesn't belong to anyone. Or maybe Australia has crazy quarantine laws for dogs and he didn't want to put the dog through that after being adrift for 3 months.

I just looked it up. There is no rabies in Australia. Amazing, everything else on that continent will kill you.

The guy is kind of hippie-dippie. In the article he talked about the dog being the Spirit of Mexico and being one with the ocean. I think he thinks the dog doesn't belong to anyone. Or maybe Australia has crazy quarantine laws for dogs and he didn't want to put the dog through that after being adrift for 3 months.

I just looked it up. There is no rabies in Australia. Amazing, everything else on that continent will kill you.
    Hawaii is the same way. No rabies because they have very strict processes when it comes to pets entering the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Hawaii is the same way. No rabies because they have very strict processes when it comes to pets entering the state.
    Yes, and the UK as well. I don't blame them for the strict laws, not having rabies is a good thing. Heartworm is rare here as well, and usually found in dogs who have been in southern Europe (Spain, Italy,). Lots of Brits snowbird in Spain every year. Since their dogs aren't on preventative in the UK, they are especially vulnerable.

Yes, and the UK as well. I don't blame them for the strict laws, not having rabies is a good thing. Heartworm is rare here as well, and usually found in dogs who have been in southern Europe (Spain, Italy,). Lots of Brits snowbird in Spain every year. Since their dogs aren't on preventative in the UK, they are especially vulnerable.
    Very good to have laws like that in place.

https://news.yahoo.com/finance/news/...131501347.html

Sorry if already posted: Door dash driver return to customers residence and tried to rape her. DD says it isnt their problem.

https://news.yahoo.com/finance/news/...131501347.html

Sorry if already posted: Door dash driver return to customers residence and tried to rape her. DD says it isnt their problem.
    Holy shit!

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

Thread Information