Thread: Sentenced to Chipotle

What do you care? Boston Babe 73's Avatar

Sentenced to Chipotle

I personally LOVE this

Woman sentenced to fast-food job after hurling Chipotle bowl at worker. Emily Russell was a store manager at an Ohio Chipotle when an irate customer hurled a chicken burrito bowl at her face. Now a judge has sentenced the customer to work at a fast-food job to avoid further jail time.

Rosemary Hayne, 39, was found guilty of one count of assault on Nov. 28 after admitting to throwing the burrito bowl at Russell in September.

?This is not ?Real Housewives of Parma.? This behavior is not acceptable,? Judge Timothy Gilligan of Parma Municipal Court said during sentencing, according to WJW, a Cleveland Fox affiliate that covered the sentencing in the courtroom. ?You didn?t get your burrito bowl the way you like it, and this is how you respond??

Hayne?s behavior went viral in a video showing her screaming at Russell, 26, then grabbing her food and throwing it directly in Russell?s face. At first, Hayne was slated to pay a fine and undergo a 180-day jail term, with 90 days suspended. However Gilligan offered her a chance to reduce her sentence with a highly unusual proposition.The judge presented her with an opportunity to cut her sentence by 60 days in exchange for consenting to work 20 hours per week at a fast-food restaurant for two months. Hayne agreed.

In the courtroom, Russell, the victim, told the judge the past two months have been the worst of her life. And she said she deals with the trauma of the incident daily.

She told The Washington Post that she was protecting a 17-year-old employee who was getting yelled at by Hayne. She remade her order twice and included extra protein and other ingredients to appease Hayne, she said. Hayne left with her food but returned a few minutes later. ?She started screaming at me. ? The next thing I knew she threw the food in my face. I was so embarrassed and in shock.? She said the food was 200 degrees because she had just made it and left her face burning red. ?I couldn?t believe my customers had to witness that.?

Russell, who worked at Chipotle for more than four years, and has been in the service industry for nine, says she had drinks and sandwiches thrown at her by customers but never experienced something so violent at work before. ?I had to work with food in my face and hair for the next four hours after it happened because no one was sent to relieve me,? Russell said. She said she went to the emergency room after her shift.

Hayne was found at her home seven minutes after a 911 call, Parma police Lt. Dan Ciryak said. The report states, ?Rosemary [Hayne] admitted that she became angry when a worker had incorrectly made her food at Chipotle and that she threw the food at the cashier. ? She was sorry for what she had done.?

?It was pretty easy to locate her, as the caller provided her license plate information and the female?s receipt displayed her first name as Rosie along with her phone number,? Ciryak said.

?The health and safety of our employees is our greatest priority, and we?re pleased to see justice served for any individual that does not treat our team members with the respect they deserve,? said Laurie Schalow, Chipotle?s chief corporate affairs officer.

Russell says Chipotle was ?unsupportive? after the assault and she didn?t feel safe. ?I was working 65 hours a week. I was exhausted. I had anxiety every day going to work,? she said. She quit a month after the incident.

She has gotten supportive comments from people across the United States and is glad to share her story if it can help other fast-food workers.

?Everyone has bad days, but it should never come to a point where you have to mistreat a human being,? she said.

She?s happy with the judge?s sentence, saying ?she got exactly what she deserved? and now gets to walk in her shoes.

A GoFundMe campaign has raised nearly $2,000. Russell said she has used the money to help pay her bills and hopes to start therapy soon.

She has gotten a new job at a Raising Cane?s. She hopes to be promoted to manager in the next few months.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/...hrow-sentence/

Video can be seen here:

Quote Originally Posted by Nic B View Post
    That is too pretty to be shoved up an ass.
    You can take those Fleets and shove them up your ass

Everybody should have to work either retail or fast food at some point in their life. I think people would be a little more understanding (maybe).

I did 10 years time in retail. I hope Im done.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    Everybody should have to work either retail or fast food at some point in their life. I think people would be a little more understanding (maybe).
    I agree. I've done both. It's not easy.

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Man, I had an epic (at least in my mind) post in response to this, but it isn't here (I left as it was spinning due to having to get into a meeting). Oh well, maybe it is for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bewitchingstorm View Post
    Man, I had an epic (at least in my mind) post in response to this, but it isn't here (I left as it was spinning due to having to get into a meeting). Oh well, maybe it is for the best.
    NOOOOOOO!!!!! You can't just tease us with that and then walk away!

Yes, the glitches are irritating. When it starts acting up like that I walk away or save it to a clipboard so that I can paste and post when the site is acting better.

PLEASE give at least a small recap of what you posted though. I'm a nosey bitch

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Babe 73 View Post
    NOOOOOOO!!!!! You can't just tease us with that and then walk away!

Yes, the glitches are irritating. When it starts acting up like that I walk away or save it to a clipboard so that I can paste and post when the site is acting better.

PLEASE give at least a small recap of what you posted though. I'm a nosey bitch
    It was such a smart ass comment about food thrown in the manager's face. Damn, I really wish I could remember. Next time I will copy/paste posts like that to a note.

Disgraceful, and 20 hrs/wk for two months is nothing. She could have spent 90 days in jail, should have at least had to work at Chipotle for 90 days. Question: Will she get paid for working there when it's court-ordered? And what if she's a horrible worker (Lord knows, she's a horrible person) and gets fired? If she DOES get paid, she should have to turn her paychecks over to the victim. Also, does Chipotle have any say in the matter? Not sure I'd want her working there if I was in charge, I think her temper makes her a liability.
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Fuck this bitch. Fuck her. This isn't going to teach her shit. This is just going to give her 30 less days in jail

You don't treat people this way unless you are a fucking twatmaggot ass bitch, or you are mentally fucking ill. I'm betting on the latter.

How is the food "not what you wanted?"

You ordered it, bitch!

This is the kind of thing where you hope someone with her grabs her stupid ass by the collar, throws her onto a chair and tells her to sit there and not move. Adults who do this are worse than pathetic.
    The employee blocked that burrito like a boss, tho.
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Between the ocean and shitty farm fields, California
    Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Fuck this bitch. Fuck her. This isn't going to teach her shit. This is just going to give her 30 less days in jail

You don't treat people this way unless you are a fucking twatmaggot ass bitch, or you are mentally fucking ill. I'm betting on the latter.

How is the food "not what you wanted?"

You ordered it, bitch!

This is the kind of thing where you hope someone with her grabs her stupid ass by the collar, throws her onto a chair and tells her to sit there and not move. Adults who do this are worse than pathetic.
    The employee blocked that burrito like a boss, tho.
    Man I missed your rage posts lol.

And that employee should straight add that skill to their resume.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncomfortablyNumb View Post
    I want that fucking meat.

Thread Information