Page 149 of 157 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3925

Thread: Random Weird and Bizarre News II

Quote Originally Posted by Jumaki15 View Post
    This is immediately what I thought when I saw the picture:

It has to suck for the seal not having hands to pull it out. I know someone who managed to do it with spaghetti one night. I won't go into details but lets just say it was extremely difficult for the rest of us to maintain appropriately serious & concerned faces during the extrication process (Also : Don't laugh while eating spaghetti. Just don't do it)

& I totally forgot this but one of the guy's in the first incarnation of the Jim Rose Circus Sideshow to tour Australia (years & years ago) used to do the condom trick.

I fucking loved those early shows of theirs. The first time I went I thought he was just revving up the crowd when he kept giving warnings to watch the people around you & sit them down with their head between their knees if they started feeling faint. But then people kept passing out all over the room.

Before that I'd never seen anyone pass out just from watching something. I thought people were just being dramatic when they said that looking at some things could make them pass out.

Lesson well & truly learned.

Edit - this is around the time I first saw them so it must've been Jim Crowley. I know the next few times they toured he & The Torture King weren't with them anymore & Jim Rose had taken on some of their performances

https://dks.library.kent.edu/cgi-bin...931029-01.2.43
    Last edited by blighted star; 12-08-2018 at 07:58 PM.

Wtf Netherlands. Fire & big wind are not a good combination. If high winds are predicted you cancel your event because a boring NYE is better than a terrifying one that leaves you with burn scars. Jfc

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-...hague/10678540

New Year's Eve bonfires spark flaming tornados in the Netherlands
    Posted about an hour ago

VIDEO: NYE beach bonfire sparks firenados at Netherlands resort (ABC News)

A bonfire competition in The Hague has gotten out of control, with fire tornados racing across a beach and revellers being showered with embers that singed people's clothing and hair and ignited multiple smaller fires.

Danny Vis
    @vis_danny
    Vuurregen #Scheveningen. Daken, bosjes, auto?s staan in brand van het brandende ad van het Vreugdevuur.
    12:05 PM - Jan 1, 2019
    The fire, which started as a New Year's Eve celebration on the beach at the city's Scheveningen resort area, raged for hours before firefighters brought it under control in the early hours of January 1.

It was lit as part of an annual bonfire competition between the districts of Scheveningen and nearby Duindorp, which are both situated on the Netherlands' coast.

Footage taken near the beach shows embers flying as a crowd watches the growing fire, with the wind whipping the flames into tornadoes that travelled across the sand.

Sparks and ash rained down on those gathered, with the falling embers singeing their clothes and hair and igniting small building fires, according to local newspaper The Algemeen Dagblad.

Police were reportedly forced to intervene to control the crowds and give firefighters the space to fight the fires.

The Hague's Mayor, Pauline Krikke, said authorities would investigate what went wrong with the bonfires and whether the structures would need to be built differently in the future to prevent similar incidents.

"This was awful. I can imagine that people experienced anxious moments," Dutch publication NL Times reported her as saying.

"For them a festive evening ended in a personal drama. I sympathise very much with residents and entrepreneurs who are affected."

No-one was reported injured in the incident, according to euronews.

https://www.news.com.au/national/wes...4fbf95687afe72

Perth man's encounter with spider results in full-blown police response

A man?s fear of spiders sparked a police response from multiple units in Perth this morning.

Cassandra Kopp
    news.com.auJANUARY 2, 20195:57PM

A Perth man has kicked off his New Year red faced after an unwanted encounter with a spider triggered a fully-fledged emergency response.

Neighbours reported hearing a young child screaming and a man shouting death threats repeatedly resulting in several police units responding with lights and sirens to the unlikely incident.

Wanneroo Police station then shared the experience to their Twitter feed this morning before later taking down the post.

Wanneroo Police station shared the experience to their Twitter feed this morning before later taking down the post. Source: Twitter/Wanneroo Police.Source:Twitter

According to the post, the caller heard the man yelling ?why don?t you die? repeatedly ? but when authorities arrived the entire incident was pinned on the eight-legged visitor.

The embarrassed resident of the WA home apologised to responding police officers admitting he has a serious fear of arachnids.

He probably shouldn’t live in Australia if he hates spiders. I hate spiders so much I never plan on visiting there.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47201923

Fox host says he 'hasn't washed hands in 10 years'
    Dear god

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47201923

Fox host says he 'hasn't washed hands in 10 years'
    This gotta be a fake story. If that was the case he would have been dead within the past decade.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    This gotta be a fake story. If that was the case he would have been dead within the past decade.
    Not necessarily. I'm sure his hands got washed when he showered, I think he meant he didn't separately wash his hands. Which is gross, but doesn't mean you will die.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

He would be sick a lot, and he would make a lot of other people sick too.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    He would be sick a lot, and he would make a lot of other people sick too.
    Dude worked at Fox News. He didn't slaughter chickens. I'm assuming he showered every night. Dear god. Why am I trying to rationalize this asshole.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...n-behind-bars/

Clown Faces Assault allegations on family

STOCKTON (CBS13) — Police say 41-year-old Matthew Davies is the man behind the mask they’ve been looking for since Halloween.

Davies, who was dressed as a clown, was reportedly screaming at children trick-or-treating in the area of Chesapeake Circle when someone confronted him and told him to stop.

That’s when police say Halloween turned violent, with Davies hitting the victim in the side of the head with a bottle.

The victim was treated at a Stockton hospital.

Davies is facing charges of assault with a deadly weapon.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...-video-family/

FOLSOM (CBS13) – A local mother says her family is the latest to fall victim to an online persona trying to cause chaos. The character known as Momo is popping up again.

A warning was issued by schools in the UK and police in Ireland of Japanese art spliced in the middle of children’s YouTube videos.

“Just another minute she could’ve blown up my apartment, she could’ve hurt herself, other people, beyond scary,” Pearl Woods said.

Woods is careful about what videos her 12-year-old can watch online and has multiple parental settings.

“She’s on the spectrum and a lot of children that are, are very impressionable,” she said.

Zoey has autism and a few weeks ago began displaying some unusual behavior.

“Where is Suicide coming from? Why would she ask me about a knife into an outlet?” Woods explained.

Last weekend Zoey turned the kitchen gas stove on without letting it light, which created a potentially explosive situation.

“She kept telling me about Momo and I just didn’t understand, I see now,” Woods said.

She discovered alarming short clips popping up in the videos Zoey was watching.

“She pauses the screen as soon as I walked in and I saw this creepy masked doll looking,” Woods said.

Very upset, her daughter said, “It was Momo making bad videos. It was bad.”

They’re not alone. Across the country, kids are reporting seeing Momo videos with the strange cartoon-like character telling kids to do dangerous things.

“The video that we believe she saw told her to turn on the stove while I was sleeping,” Woods said.

Whether hoax or not officials say it’s a teachable moment.

“That’s really an explosive fire danger,” said Captain Chris Vestal with Sac Metro Fire. “We really encourage parents to pay attention to what their children are doing on the internet, ask them what they’re doing.”

Woods allowed Zoey to watch Japanese cartoon clips on YouTube as part of her reward, that’s all changed.

“What’s normal and a part of our life we can’t do anymore because a 10-15 second clip in there could destroy us,” she said.

She hopes no other family will come face to face with this cyber danger.

“I am sorry,” Zoey said to her mother.

“Babes, you’re not in trouble, you didn’t do anything wrong. Sweetheart, you just didn’t know,” Woods said.

Zoey’s mother says the kid’s filter on YouTube didn’t flag the Momo clips spliced into videos. Google said in a statement that it relies on smart detection technology and removes millions of videos every year.

https://www.kron4.com/news/national/...als/1821000714

ANother strange story of the day

Gun slips from waistband, shoots man in genitals

INDIANA (WISH) - A man in Indiana accidentally shot himself in the genitals early Thursday morning when a gun slipped from his waistband, police said.

While in the emergency room of Marion General Hospital, Mark Anthony Jones, 46, told police he was walking about 6:44 a.m. on a riverside trail when the gun began to slip from his waistband. He reached to adjust the firearm and it discharged.

"The bullet entered just above his penis and exited his scrotum," said a Marion Police Department spokesperson.

The gun was not in a holster.

Marion police said Jones did not have a license for the Hi-Point 9mm gun he was carrying.

Grant County prosecutors will review the case to consider possible criminal charges.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...federal-agent/

Fake DEA Agent busted for pulling over a real Officer

SAN JOSE (CBS SF) — A San Jose man has been arrested for impersonating a federal agent following an investigation which began when the suspect pulled over someone who was actually a federal agent, authorities said.

The Drug Enforcement Administration said Tuesday that Alex Taylor, 49, was arrested March 2 outside his home in San Jose, with agents seizing a Volkswagen Jetta with police-type lighting, two firearms, an imitation DEA badge and concealed weapons badge, handcuffs and a small amount of methamphetamine.

A man identified by the Drug Enforcement Administration as 49-year-old Alex Taylor is seen wearing a gold DEA-style badge around his neck outside a home on Hatfield Walkway in San Jose on Friday, March 1, 2019. (U.S. Department of Justice)

In a press release, DEA Special Agent in Charge Chris Nielsen said the investigation began in December 2018 when Taylor allegedly conducted a traffic stop in San Jose on an off-duty federal agent. Taylor allegedly wore a DEA badge and identified himself as a DEA agent, but the off-duty agent challenged Taylor’s authority to write a ticket. After the off-duty agent identified herself, Taylor returned to his vehicle and drove off, Nielsen said.

In February, investigators learned about an off-duty Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office deputy who observed in November 2018 a Volkswagen Jetta with police-type lights that didn’t look like official law-enforcement lights at the Highway 85/Highway 17 junction, according to the press release.

The deputy noted the Jetta pulling up behind a tow truck stopped on the shoulder of the highway and jotted the license plate number, which the DEA said was found to be registered to Taylor.

Agents contacted the driver of the tow truck observed by the off-duty deputy, and the driver told investigators he recalled being pulled over by a dark-colored vehicle with police lights, the DEA said. The driver also said when he asked for identification, the person – who he later identified as Taylor – returned to his vehicle and left, according to the DEA.

Last week, the California Highway Patrol notified the DEA of two reports of a Volkswagen Jetta driving with the red/blue lights attempting to pull drivers over in the area of southbound Interstate 280 and southbound Highway 85, the DEA said.

While conducting surveillance on Taylor’s home on March 1, the DEA said agents saw him leaving home wearing what looked like a DEA badge around his neck and a concealed gun under his t-shirt. The FBI obtained arrest and search warrants for Taylor and his home and he was arrested on March 2.

Taylor was charged with impersonating an officer of the United States, unlawful possession of official badges or insignia, and use and possession of a counterfeit seal of an agency of the United States. His made his initial appearance in San Jose federal court on Monday.

The DEA urged anyone with information on the investigation to contact 408-282-3442.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/cr...c-a8611cbe1f5d

AUSTIN, Texas — A father has been charged with terroristic threat after he allegedly went into an Austin middle school to fight two young students.

According to an arrest affidavit, police responded to Webb Middle School on March 14 after receiving a report that an adult was threatening the staff and school with violence. The school's principal was notified that Israel Machado, 32, and his 18-year-old stepson were on their way to the school to "beat up the two students," police said.

School officials then took the two students to a safe place to keep them from getting hurt, according to police.

When Machado and his stepson arrived, school officials reportedly told them to leave, but they refused and even made threatening comments towards them.

Machado and his stepson then allegedly made their way into the school through the gym where Machado began shouting threats. One teacher reportedly told police she heard Machado say, "I'm gonna shoot up the school."

Police said Machado's history showed that he had previously been arrested for being a felon in possession of a firearm.

The two students Machado intended to "beat up" were transported to their homes by police, according to the affidavit.

According to online records, Machado is in police custody as of Monday afternoon. His bond is set at 30,000.

Man in Trump mask slashes tires, breaks windshield and goes to jail, Calif. cops say

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/ca...230878379.html

Deputies in Southern California said they ?had to do a double take? early Monday morning when they spotted a man ?resembling President Trump? who was vandalizing at least one car.

Orange County deputies in Mission Viejo caught the man in the act around 4 a.m. as they patrolled local businesses, the Sheriff?s Department said in a Facebook post. He was breaking a windshield and slashing tires, deputies said.

The masked man ? identified as Rory Thomas Zimmerman ? was arrested and booked in jail on felony vandalism charges, the Sheriff?s Department told McClatchy.

Zimmerman, 56, remains in custody on $20,000 bail, online jail records said.

Deputies wrote in the Facebook post that ?in addition to wearing the Trump mask, the suspect had a loaded handgun, body armor, an airsoft shotgun, and helmet.?

The post shared photos of the mask, the weapons that were found and the damage inflicted on a windshield and a tire.

?His vehicle also had white/amber takedown lights affixed to his windshield and fake license plates,? deputies said.

Zimmerman is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday, according to jail records.

Birth Control Prescribed To Rats In Washington, D.C.

https://patch.com/district-columbia/...washington-d-c

WASHINGTON, DC ? Some rats in the nation's capital are getting The Pill ? well, sort of ? so they won't breed more like them. There are dozens of political jokes to be made about that, but before you send your mind into a downward spiral indulging in that particular fancy, know this: These rats are the four-legged, long-tailed vermin from the muridae family, and they're so out of control that the health department is putting them on birth control.

No one knows if it will work. But the rat infestation in Washington ? again, we know what you're thinking ? is so dire that something has to be done. They're tunneling anywhere they find opportunity, under sidewalks and streets and through support beams. They've invaded the city sewer system. They gnaw on gas lines and electrical wires and, according to some estimates, are responsible for about a quarter of unexplained fires. Rats carry hundreds of disease-ridden pathogens and dangerous parasites and, overall, are just gross.

They. Are. Out. Of. Control.

D.C. is the fourth-rattiest city in the country, according to the pest-control company Orkin, and frisky little devils that they are, a pair of mating rats can produce as many as 15,000 descendants a year. Rats live only a couple of years at best, but do the math.

D.C. health officials did, and that's why they have hired SenesTech, a company that developed a rat birth-control product called ContraPest. Rats gobble it up because it's fatty and sweet, the company claims, and it immediately reduces their fertility.

The city has tried traps and poison, turned feral cats on the rats and even tried dry ice cocktails that effectively puts the rats to sleep. But with exponential rat population growth, the health department is looking at preventive program to supplement its control measures.

The product hasn't been fully tested in a real-life citywide situation, but the health department is willing to make D.C. a guinea pig for rat contraception.

"I think this will be the real-world test," Gerard Brown, who heads DC Health's rodent control department, told WRC-TV. "And then we'll have some information to back up the claim that it does work. And we hope it does."

It's not a cheap proposition, clocking in at about $300,000 for the ContraPest product alone. About $1 million has been budgeted for the project, which includes staff costs.

But given the rat problem, business owners like restaurateur Scott Bennett think "it's going to be the best money ever spent" if the product works. His business in the Adams Morgan neighborhood backs up to an alley, one of 16 across the city, where ContraPest is being tested. Each city ward has two test alleys.

"Bring it on!" Bennett told WRC. "You have my full, whole-hearted support."

SenseTech says on its website that the birth control product has been successful in rat-infested multi-family housing complex in New York. Results were seen within a month, and ContraPest "successfully reduced the population," the company said.

ContraPest is also being tested in other cities, including Chicago and Boston, where a spokesperson told WRC the contraceptive product was discontinued because the city didn't have an overly large rat population and other methods of control better suit its needs.

But with an increase in rat complaints in D.C., Brown said birth control for the rodents is worth trying in conjunction with other rat-control measures.

"We are excited ... and we will be more excited if we determine that it's successful," Brown told WRC.

New York Woman Undergoes Brain Tumor Removal Surgery, But Doctor Finds Baby Pork Tapeworm Instead

https://ktla.com/2019/06/07/new-york...peworm-instead

Brain tumor, the doctors said.

tapeworm
    A photo of the tapeworm found inside Rachel Palma?s brain. (Credit: Mount Sinai Health System)

After examining scans and ruling out other possibilities, cancer was the most likely explanation for the unusual symptoms that Rachel Palma experienced beginning in January 2018.

?I was having involuntary movements with my right hand, so I was dropping things,? the Middletown, New York, resident said. ?The worst symptoms obviously were hallucinations. And I wasn?t always oriented to time and place.?

Once, Palma locked herself out of her own house and another time, her bank account.

?I was no longer able to process the fact that a key opens the door. The computer screen looked completely different ? it was almost foreign,? said the now-42 year old. ?What I was perceiving was different and so how I was responding was different ? if someone was asking for a pen, I would give them, for example, a key.?

Sometimes she had blissful, symptom-free days. With no warning, the dropping things, the hallucinations, the disorientation would return.

Brain lesion discovered on a scan
    After January, her symptoms ?progressed pretty quickly,? she said, guesstimating she visited the emergency room at least 10 times. ?But as soon as they ruled out a brain bleed, I was discharged. Although I was a danger to myself and probably to others, they still discharged me,? she said.

She understands why, since no one could identify what was happening with her. ?They said, ?If you?re not actually having a brain bleed, then it?s not actually an emergency,? ? she said. A seizure disorder was also investigated and quickly dismissed.

On a brain scan, Palma?s primary care physician detected a small lesion in the left frontal lobe of her brain and immediately sent her to Dr. Jonathan Rasouli, chief resident of neurosurgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, and his colleagues.

?We decided it would probably be in her best interest to do a biopsy of this lesion,? said Rasouli based on the fact that she was healthy and young and was having symptoms that he could directly correlate to the location of the lesion. Besides, she had no risk factors for anything else that might explain the presence of a brain lesion. Rasouli carefully explained the possibilities to his patient.

?I was told that it was most likely a malignant tumor which would require radiation and chemo even after the surgery,? said Palma.

The surgery would be risky because the location of her ?tumor? was very close to the brain region that controls speech.

Rasouli told CNN, ?Her fianc? had just proposed to her and they were looking to move in together and then all of a sudden she had this diagnosis of a brain tumor. Can you imagine??

Palma, though, believed the risk was worth it, ?given that it was supposed to be a malignant tumor. I still think the risk was worth it.?

Her first operation, essentially a ?planning surgery,? explained Rasouli, took place on September 2, 2018. A second surgery to remove the suspected tumor followed on September 12.

?We did a small dissection of the brain tissue and what we saw was a very well encapsulated, firm lesion that was ovoid,? said Rasouli. ?It looked like a quail egg: Same size, same look, same firmness.?

?Wait a second, this is clearly not a brain tumor,? he recalled saying at the time.

Asked what a brain tumor looks like, he laughed: ?It doesn?t look like a quail egg. Most brain tumors are very soft, very mushy, they?re not very well defined, they?re infiltrative and it?s difficult to get completely around them.?

Quickly, Rasouli took the extracted lesion away from the surgical field, placed it under a surgical microscope and opened it up.

?And what came out was a baby tapeworm,? he said.

How did it get there?
    Neurocysticercosis is the medical term for when a baby pork tapeworm makes its way to the brain, said Rasouli. ?If you live in the US, it?s almost impossible to get this.?

Those most at risk are those who travel to countries where this pork tapeworm is endemic and eat contaminated food ? usually raw fruits, raw vegetables or uncooked pork.

Rasouli said that the tapeworm found in her brain ?is not super-duper rare, it?s just pretty uncommon. Maybe once every two years you?d see something like this, if even that.?

?There?s absolutely no explanation as to how I contracted it,? said Palma. She?s never traveled outside the country and she doesn?t eat raw foods or raw meat, at least not intentionally, she said. How long it had been lodged in her brain is another mystery, she said.

?We?re still really scratching our heads about how she developed this,? said Rasouli. ?If we had any suspicion that she could have been exposed to pork tapeworm or we thought this was potentially a parasite, we ideally would have treated her with antibiotics rather than taking her into surgery.?

Today, Palma has no symptoms and is feeling fine. She?s thankful to Rasouli and the medical staff at Mount Sinai for saving her life. If the tapeworm hadn?t been removed (or destroyed with antibiotics), it could have caused a stroke or even death.

With all the attention ? ?for some reason my story is fascinating to people? ? Palma now has an important message to deliver: ?This is not something that is cause for widespread panic. What happened to me is extremely rare ? it?s not the norm ? for someone who has not been overseas to contract this.?

With a lot of people coming to her for medical advice, she gives the only advice she can: ?If you have symptoms that you cannot explain or are concerning to you, then please see a doctor. And see a good doctor.

?Not every headache turns out to be a parasite.?

https://abc7.com/woman-arrested-for-...-nest/5349115/

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- A Miami Beach woman is in custody after allegedly "jabbing at" and "stomping on" a sea turtle nest, according to police.

Jail records show 41-year-old Yaqun Lu was arrested and charged with harassing/molesting a marine turtle or eggs.

The crime is a third-degree felony in the state of Florida, meaning Lu could face a hefty fine if found guilty.

Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation officials inspected the nest and said the eggs were not damaged in the incident.

Lu is being held on $5,000 bond.

It was not clear if she had an attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by KambingSociety View Post
    Man, what is Japanese people's beef with ocean life?

https://abc7.com/video-officer-imper...in-ie/5356451/

UPLAND, Calif. (KABC) -- Video released Thursday shows a traffic stop where police say a fake cop tried to pull over a real cop in Upland.

You could see the lights from an accused police impersonator's Jeep Wrangler.

Authorities say 23-year-old Imroj Singh flipped on his red and blue lights while unknowingly trying to stop a detective who was in an unmarked car on the 210 Freeway near Baseline Street.

The Rancho Cucamonga detective realized the man wasn't an officer and put on his real lights and sirens.

The Jeep sped off but eventually stopped and the driver got out.

Police say Singh bought the police lights on the internet and had them installed in his vehicle's front grill to make it look like he was an undercover law enforcement vehicle.

Singh was arrested and is facing a misdemeanor charge for impersonating a peace officer.

He's set to be arraigned on August 5.

Detectives believe that Singh may have previously used the police lights to stop other citizens. Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the Rancho Cucamonga Police Detective Division at 909-477-2800. If you choose to remain anonymous, you may call the We-Tip hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME.

Florida Man's Hand, Foot, Found In Alligator's Stomach

https://patch.com/florida/lakeland/f...gators-stomach

FORT MEADE, FL ? A Florida man's hand and foot were found in the stomach of an alligator that was removed from a canal Thursday along with the 45-year-old man's body, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

The agency's Carrie Horstman identified the man as Michael Ford II of Wauchula but said it was not yet clear what role the alligator played in Ford's death, if any.

"An autopsy revealed that Ford had other lacerations and injuries caused by the gator, and his apparent cause of death is drowning, although his final cause and manner of death are pending toxicology," Horstman said.

The body was found in Polk County off Peeples Road, west of County Road 630. A 9-1-1 caller reported seeing the body to the Polk County Sheriff's Office around 7:43 a.m. (listen to the call below) Thursday on property belonging to the Mosaic Company. The company uses the land to mine and process phosphate rock for phosphate fertilizer production.

"When he was found by a Mosaic employee, a large alligator had a part of Ford's body in his mouth," Horstman explained. "When first responders arrived on scene, the gator had disengaged."

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission trapped and killed the alligator, and a necropsy was performed, according to Horstman.

Investigators found a truck nearby and determined that it belonged to a friend of Ford's who had recently agreed to sell it to him.

"Neither the friend nor Ford's family had heard from him since Sunday, June 23, 2019, "Horstman added.

Listen to the 9-1-1 call below courtesy of the Polk County Sheriff's Office:

Serina Wolfe, (24)who gave server generous $5,000 tip allegedly used her boyfriend's credit card for revenge

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/woma...105659424.html

A woman, who was praised for her generosity after leaving a hefty $5,000 tip for a server at Clear Sky Cafe in Clearwater, Fla., has been arrested and charged with grand theft for allegedly using her boyfriend's credit card after he refused to buy her a plane ticket back to New York.

Serina Wolfe, 24, allegedly used her boyfriend's credit card without his knowledge after he would not buy her a plane ticket back home to Buffalo, N.Y., Fox 2 Now reports. While Wolfe's boyfriend had initially put a hold on his credit card, so Wolfe would not be able to use it to buy the ticket, he eventually lifted it. Wolfe then allegedly used the card to leave a tip of $5,000 on a bill that cost $55.37, which was reported four days ago by multiple outlets.

It is not known if the server will get to keep the money. The restaurant has already paid out the tip to the server. However, Wolfe's boyfriend marked the charge as fraudulent.

Serina Wolfe is accused of using her boyfriend's credit card, without his knowledge, to leave a $5,000 tip for a server. (Photo: Pinellas County Sheriff's Office)

Wolfe had, at first, denied making the purchase, and her boyfriend believed she was either drunk or trying to exact revenge. She voluntarily gave her boyfriend's card to deputies and was arrested for grand theft.

Christopher Kratzer, (19) and Ava Coleman, (17) accused of a fake kidnapping meant to get youtube attention

https://patch.com/georgia/cumming/te...oax-collection

CUMMING, GA ? Two teens who were reportedly trying to gain popularity online for their prank channel on YouTube have now gained notoriety in a more infamous way after being arrested. And police have a stern warning for anyone considering a similar stunt.

"If you want to create a social media following, I would strongly dissuade you from this stupidity," Forsyth County Sheriff Ron Freeman said. "Good, armed citizens might have been justified in using force to stop what they legitimately believed was a kidnapping. Committing a criminal act for social media likes will get you arrested in Forsyth County, that's not the kind of attention most people want to have."

On Wednesday, July 3, around 6 p.m., the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office received multiple 911 calls from people at The Collection shopping center about a woman being possibly abducted. The reports by callers said a female was reportedly yelling for help and tied up with a covering over her head inside of a Chevrolet Tahoe or similar SUV, the department said.

More than half of the entire contingent of deputies in South Forsyth responded to intercept this Tahoe with a reported victim, the department said. Deputies were traveling with their lights and sirens activated, trying to help to the victim. This type of driving is not without risk to the public and the deputies, the sheriff's office said.

The Tahoe was stopped by an off-duty Gwinnett County Police officer who heard about the reported abduction. Johns Creek Police joined in on the traffic stop because the chase crossed into their city limits. Forsyth County Sheriff's officers also responded to the location.

The driver of the Tahoe was identified as Christopher Kratzer, 19, and the occupant (alleged kidnapping victim) was Ava Coleman, 17, both from Forsyth County.

Investigators say that Kratzer and Coleman were filming a kidnapping prank for a YouTube channel video.

Authorities say the stunt alarmed the public, creating apprehension and panic that caused members of the public to feel unsafe and to report it to law enforcement, FCSO said.

Both Kratzer and Coleman were charged with reckless conduct and raising a false public alarm and were booked into the Forsyth County Jail. Kratzer also was arrested for felony probation violation.

Untimely flatulence leads to arrest of criminal hiding from Missouri law enforcement

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...aw-enforcement

KANSAS CITY, Mo. ? If you're wanted for a felony and hiding from law enforcement, what's the best way to avoid arrest?

Well, for starters, don't let one rip .

The Clay County Sheriff's Office tweeted Tuesday that one unlucky felon did just that over the weekend, and the noise from the passed gas led deputies right to him.

They followed up the tweet by saying that the person had a felony warrant in Clay County for possession of a controlled substance.

"We?ve gotta give props to Liberty Police for using their senses to sniff him out!" Deputy Jon Bazzano told KSHB.

Kid selling 'ICE COLD BEER', gets police attention

https://newschannel20.com/news/offbe...lice-attention

BRIGHAM CITY (KUTV) - A boy in Brigham City, Utah had a marketing strategy so good people called the cops on him.

The boy seen in a picture posted to Facebook by the Brigham City Police Department shows him holding a sign that says "ICE COLD BEER" but in small letters above "BEER" it says "ROOT."

Yes, the kid is selling root beer. It appears the boy is selling his "ICE COLD *root BEER" in front of a church.

Thread Information