Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Channon Christian (21) was kidnapped, tortured and murdered after a carjacking

Re: Channon Christian (21) was kidnapped, tortured and murdered after a carjacking

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=5037169&page=1

pretty hate machine butterflykim's Avatar

Re: Channon Christian (21) was kidnapped, tortured and murdered after a carjacking

[quote author=HyperU2 link=topic=5139.msg938948#msg938948 date=1216701329]
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=5037169&page=1
    [/quote]

i believe you meant to post this in another thread. 
    One day, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

[quote author=butterflykim link=topic=5139.msg939626#msg939626 date=1216769256]
    [/quote]No he was actually posting that in response to something I said on the last page...

It does look kind of random though  :lol:

This story is just plain hideous! These bastards should be burned at the stake for their crimes. It just blows my mind how someone could do such a putrid thing to a fellow human. If it was one person, I could write that off as just being sick and mentally ill...but 5 people participating in something like this?!?! It just makes my blood boil to read such a barbaric, animalistic story  :2angry:

RIP Channon and Chris

[quote author=Badboi2323 link=topic=5139.msg940129#msg940129 date=1216797752]
    This story is just plain hideous! These bastards should be burned at the stake for their crimes. It just blows my mind how someone could do such a putrid thing to a fellow human. If it was one person, I could write that off as just being sick and mentally ill...but 5 people participating in something like this?!?! It just makes my blood boil to read such a barbaric, animalistic story   :2angry:

RIP Channon and Chris
    [/quote]

Holy shit did that post just put Pearl Jams Animal in my head.

ETA

[quote author=butterflykim link=topic=5139.msg939626#msg939626 date=1216769256]
    [/quote]

Guess again. 

oh. dear. god.

http://www.hollywoodrag.com/index.php?/weblog/can_britney_spears_handle_the_sex_scenes/

Britney Spears is reportedly in talks to star in a “sadomasochistic sex
    movie”.

The troubled 26-year-old singer – who is currently recording her new album –
    is said to be in final negotiations to star in ‘The Knoxville Carjacking Party’.

The movie will focus on the true story of two students who were allegedly
    carjacked, kidnapped, raped and killed in the Tennessee city.

Ghetto Bragging Rights gossip columnist Clarence Star, who broke the story,
    believes it could be the right career move for Britney, explaining: “People
    need to see another side of Britney.”

However, it is feared the mother-of-two will not be able to handle the
    “intensity” of the disturbing sex scenes.

A movie insider said: “‘The Knoxville Carjacking Party’ has a lot of
    sadomasochistic sex scenes in it. While it’s thought Britney can handle any
    average sex scenes, these scenes have a lot of intensity in them. She would
    have to raise her performance level to endure some of these scenes.”

In 2007, Channon Gail Christian, 21, and her 23-year-old friend Christopher
    Newsom are believed to have been murdered after being carjacked some time
    between January 6 and January 8.

i was just going to post this.

however, as i'm looking around the net for something to back up that there is even a movie in the talk, the only hit comes up is that britney spears may be in.  imdb.com doesn't even have any info about it being in pre-production.

i really hope that britney is not in it.  i hope even more that they don't make a movie about it/based on it...whatever.
    We are each our own devil and we make this world our own hell...Oscar Wilde

Ha I came to post about a movie being made about it as well.

I seriously hope they do not make this into a movie.  It would be so gruesome :(

[quote author=jnicole link=topic=5139.msg942994#msg942994 date=1217030752]
    Ha I came to post about a movie being made about it as well.

I seriously hope they do not make this into a movie.  It would be so gruesome :(
    [/quote]

Forget it.  Britney is too light weight for a role like this. If you are going to make a movie out of this sickening tragedy, you need to get real actors in it.

Breaking News today.....

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=10984873

Letalvis Cobbins found guilty in Christian - Newsom murders

KNOXVILLE (WATE) -- The jury has found Letalvis D. Cobbins guilty of the murders of Channon Christian and her boyfriend, Christopher Newsom, in 2007.

Cobbins was the first of four defendants to be tried in the case. He faces the possibility of the death penalty because he was convicted of facilitation of first degree felony murder counts.

He was convicted in a total of 33 counts including:

First degree felony murder
    First degree premeditated murder
    Especially aggravated robbery
    Especially aggravated kidnapping with a weapon
    Aggravated rape with a weapon
    Aggravated rape with bodily injury
    Aggravated rape while aided by others
    Theft of property 
    The jury found Cobbins not guilty of five counts including the murder of Newsom during his rape, the murder of Christian during Newsom's rape and three counts of aggravated rape of Newsom.

The jury will return Wednesday at 9:00 a.m. for the sentencing hearing.

The jurors worked about 10 hours Monday and on Tuesday morning before reaching a verdict. They never asked Judge Richard Baumgartner any questions during their deliberations.

The jury is made up of six women and six men. Six are black, five are white and one is Asian.

The jurors had 38 counts to consider in this case, including 18 counts of murder. They had to reach a verdict on each count.

After the verdict was announced, Channon's mother, Deena Christian, said, "I'm very relieved and very grateful," adding "A guilty for one was a guilty for both."

Deena said she felt Channon and Chris "both got justice today." Before the first verdict was read, she said, "I don't even know if I was breathing."

She said despite her belief that the jury would find Cobbins guilty, "You never know what's in someone else's mind and heart."

Deena said no matter what sentence the jury gives Cobbins, "It won't make a difference to me." She added that the sentencing will be difficult.

"I feel sometimes that someone somewhere is holding me up because I couldn't do it on my own," Deena said.

Her father, Gary, said, "I was saying the day that they found her in that house, I promised my daughter that I would see who did this to her in hell. This is the second step. We've got a long way to go and a lot more to deal with."

Gary admitted that when the first guilty verdict was read, "I did give it the old Tiger Woods fist clench."

He said when Cobbins testified that Channon offered oral sex to him in exchange for help escaping, "I was gone, brother. I was on my feet. What stopped me was my wife had a hold of my britches. It reminded me that I needed to sit down."

He added, "What they did to her, you can't even show it on your television. My son chose not to see it and I respect his choice. I wish I could've done that. But I will never forget what they did."

Gary said, "I'm very, very, very grateful to the jury for seeing the truth." However, he added, "This doesn't square anything." Then Deena said, "This doesn't bring her back."

"There's been an unbelievable amount of support" for his family, Gary said, adding that he took two calls Monday from complete strangers.

His prediction for Cobbins' sentencing is, "He will get death."

Chris Newsom's mother, Mary, said, "I was very happy to hear the verdict and he got should have gotten."

She said before the first verdict was announced, "I was nervous. I was shaking."

Chris' father, Hugh, said he felt the not guilty verdicts regarding their son were "a matter of interpretation," adding, "I don't have any problems with the way it was handled."

Hugh said despite his expectations about the verdict, "You never know until the words are uttered."

Mary said they get their strength from "God above and from prayers." Hugh added, "We still believe we'll get to see him again."

When asked about the sentencing Wednesday, Mary said, "We'll get through it. We'll do it for Chris."

The other suspects who are charged with murder in the case are: Lemaricus Duvall Davidson (Cobbins' half brother), George Giovanni Thomas and Vanessa Coleman, who was Cobbins' girlfriend.

Those three could also face the death penalty if they're convicted. They're being tried separately.

2 down.....3 more to go 

[size=10pt]Man convicted in brutal slayings of Tenn. couple
    KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A Kentucky man was convicted Tuesday of murder in the brutal carjacking, rape and murder of a young Tennessee couple who were snatched while they were on a date in 2007.

Letalvis Cobbins, 26, of Lebanon, Ky., admitted participating in the attack on Channon Christian, 21, and her boyfriend, Christopher Newsom, 23, but he denied on the stand last week that he was a killer.

The jury found him guilty of multiple counts of first-degree and felony murder in the death of Christian but opted for lesser charges of facilitating murder in the slaying of Newsom. They also convicted him of rape, kidnapping and robbery, charges that can carry sentences of 15 to 25 years in prison.

Cobbins slightly shook his head no as the jury read guilty verdicts on most of the 46 counts. He showed no other emotion.

The jury was to begin the sentencing phase Wednesday, when prosecutors could ask them to sentence Cobbins to death.

Christian, a University of Tennessee student, and Newsom were on a date Jan. 6, 2007, when her sport utility vehicle was carjacked at gunpoint by several people in Knoxville.

The attackers blindfolded and bound the couple and took them to a rundown rental house. Police concluded Newsom was soon taken away, sexually assaulted, shot in the back of the head, set on fire and left beside some railroad tracks.

Christian was beaten and repeatedly raped over the next 24 hours. An autopsy said she died of suffocation after she was choked, wrapped in plastic bags and dumped in a trash can.

Cobbins' brother, Lemaricus Davidson, 28, of Knoxville, has been identified by investigators as the ringleader in the attack. Davidson, Cobbins' friend George Thomas, 26, and girlfriend Vanessa Coleman, 21, both of Lebanon, all are in jail awaiting trial. Another person, Eric Boyd, is serving a federal prison sentence for being an accessory.

Cobbins testified against his attorney's advice, telling the jury he helped with the carjacking. He said Christian asked him to help her the day after the kidnapping, offering oral sex if he would persuade the others to let her go. He said she was tied up and he admitted orally raping her.

But Cobbins said he didn't set Christian free because he was too scared of his brother. He denied killing either victim. Experts testified that Newsom was killed with Davidson's gun and Cobbins said he saw his brother choke Christian.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry," Cobbins testified. "I deserve to be punished for what I did."

Defense attorney Scott Green acknowledged to the jury that Cobbins was a "coward," rapist and liar, but argued that prosecutors "haven't shown you he is a killer."

Assistant District Attorney Takisha Fitzgerald told jurors that Cobbins changed his story several times and could have driven away or called police but didn't "because he was part of it."

Cobbins began the trial by pleading guilty to lesser counts of facilitating the kidnapping, stealing the SUV and raping Christian. He faces multiple sentences of eight to 12 years on those guilty pleas.

Some conservative Internet commentators and white supremacist agitators accused the national media of reverse discrimination by failing to give the case involving white victims and black suspects the same attention paid to white-on-black hate crimes.

Investigators said the attack wasn't a hate crime, just a carjacking that went terribly wrong. Local media and The Associated Press have covered developments in the case since it began.[/size]

omg i cant believe this story ....
    RIP channon my heart goes out to her and her fam 

This story still makes me sick to my stomach.  Glad to see a good update.
    Team Leyash

they all should get the death penalty

Glad to see the update!

This stomach just churns my stomach - glad these bastards are getting theirs!

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy View Post
    Huh? you're a woman?

[quote author=aquatwins link=topic=5139.msg1370790#msg1370790 date=1251244317]
    they all should get the death penalty
    [/quote]They should all be sodomized and have battery acid poured in every crevice.

My sister went and sat in on this trial. She saw a lot of the evidence that wasn't released to the media. She said even in movies she's never seen anything so bad. She said that the guy wasn't so much surprised at the premeditated murder conviction, but got pissed about the anal rape charge being found guilty. Go figure. Complete animals.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=5139.msg1370963#msg1370963 date=1251261476]
    My sister went and sat in on this trial. She saw a lot of the evidence that wasn't released to the media. She said even in movies she's never seen anything so bad. She said that the guy wasn't so much surprised at the premeditated murder conviction, but got pissed about the anal rape charge being found guilty. Go figure. Complete animals.
    [/quote]

Well if they got the evidence that he did it, then the fecker should be found guilty.

This case still makes me sick to my stomach. I remember when it first got listed on here and it is one of the few threads that I still have problems reading. When I read what was done to Channon and Christopher it haunted me for ages, that human beings could do this to another.

I wonder, if the evidence is so nasty in this case, that the judge will exempt the jurors from ever having to do jury service again, they do that in the really bad cases.

I am just glad to see that their time has now come.

RIP Channon and Christopher.

[quote author=Gemini link=topic=5139.msg1371177#msg1371177 date=1251293277]

Well if they got the evidence that he did it, then the fecker should be found guilty.

This case still makes me sick to my stomach. I remember when it first got listed on here and it is one of the few threads that I still have problems reading. When I read what was done to Channon and Christopher it haunted me for ages, that human beings could do this to another.

I wonder, if the evidence is so nasty in this case, that the judge will exempt the jurors from ever having to do jury service again, they do that in the really bad cases.

I am just glad to see that their time has now come.

RIP Channon and Christopher.
    [/quote]

Yeah, I think the jurors are going to need some therapy after this case. My sister is morbid like I am, I'm surprised she's never shown up here really. She's going to cases for school, and that one seemed interesting. She wanted to just throw up right in the court room. The families were there to see all the evidence too, and she was especially impressed at Channon's dad's composure. He never once lost it or tried to attack anyone. God bless their family.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

I have seen this case spark so much insanity, bullshit and half-truths, I have NO idea what's real and what was made up by people with an obvious agenda. They certainly did a good job of blurring the facts, I'll give them that. :2huh:

Does anyone know where to find the actual details on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=5139.msg1371182#msg1371182 date=1251294020]
    I have seen this case spark so much insanity, bullshit and half-truths, I have NO idea what's real and what was made up by people with an obvious agenda. They certainly did a good job of blurring the facts, I'll give them that. :2huh:

Does anyone know where to find the actual details on this?
    [/quote]

This is where my sister directed me, don't read the comments they're like the stormfront over there. The evidence was very overwhelming. The med examiner came out and blew the defense almost clear up north

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=96836&catid=2

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=5139.msg1371183#msg1371183 date=1251294174]
    This is where my sister directed me, don't read the comments they're like the stormfront over there. The evidence was very overwhelming. The med examiner came out and blew the defense almost clear up north

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=96836&catid=2
    [/quote]
    Exactly why I don't know where to look! :-P
    Thanks for the link. This is gonna get ugly......
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=5139.msg1371187#msg1371187 date=1251294481]
    [/quote]

It should have some video, if you don't find what you're looking for, let me know. I'll text my sister, she went to Nashville for the whole thing. They had to move it out of Knoxville.

That guy went and took the damn stand against his lawyers advice. His lawyer tried to quit after he did it. He just put his face in his hands like, FUUUUUUUUUU

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=5139.msg1371187#msg1371187 date=1251294481]
    [/quote]
    Well, it's just the commenters, not the article. Honestly, it's disgusting to let race deflect from what happened to these people. I said it way earlier in this thread but all the white pride morons are doing is undermining the validity of this senseless and disgusting double murder.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=5139.msg1371181#msg1371181 date=1251293996]
    Yeah, I think the jurors are going to need some therapy after this case. My sister is morbid like I am, I'm surprised she's never shown up here really. She's going to cases for school, and that one seemed interesting. She wanted to just throw up right in the court room. The families were there to see all the evidence too, and she was especially impressed at Channon's dad's composure. He never once lost it or tried to attack anyone. God bless their family.
    [/quote]

I certainly hope they get therapy. The stuff I've read turns my stomach, so I am not surprised your sister wanted to hurl.

Your sister should come and post, she sounds like she'd be good on the board, specially if she's feisty (like you and I mean that in a complimentary way!  ).

I'm always amazed at how crime victims relatives hold it together in the court room I have nothing but respect for them. I'm not sure I could.

I find it strange that the guy had the most problem with the anal rape charge....Hello...like you murdered two people! As well as anally raping them.

It kind of reminds me of a case over here but in reverse, where a stunningly pretty girl, Sallyanne Bowman, had a row with her boyfriend. He left her just outside her flat and drove off.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Anne_Bowman

This SOB found her: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dixie

He claimed she was dead and he just raped her, thus committing necrophilia and not murder. He actually murdered and raped her after she died, but I thought to myself when the feck is necrophilia only more acceptable? And an acceptable defense argument in this case? I suppose if he had got found guilty of necrophilia and not murder they could have nutted him off and there would be a slim chance in future that the psych ward would let him see daylight. But still, 

What the hell is wrong with these people? 

Thread Information