Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelby Armstrong (16) death by "Dusting"

Shelby Armstrong (16) death by "Dusting"

http://www.mydeathspace.com/article/2007/02/20/Shelby_Armstrong_(16)_drowned_in_her_bathtub_after __Dusting_

come on now.
    she had a car accident and there was a can at the scene. so she did this while she drove???? and the mom didnt do something.

she would have computer keyboard cleaner in her room and the mom didnt do anything then???

parents really need to stop being afraid of their kids and take control.

now her daughter is dead.  That is a damn shame no one told her what she was doing was idiotic.  DUH

rest in peace shelby

Re: Shelby Armstrong (16) death by "Dusting"

what gets me is...who the hell still takes baths now a day? I haven't tooken an actual bath in like...10 years.

[quote author=desireforfate link=topic=5013.msg194861#msg194861 date=1172029260]
    what gets me is...who the hell still takes baths now a day? I haven't tooken an actual bath in like...10 years.
    [/quote]

Well I take a bath when I don't feel good. 

Maybe I am weird but, I use Pledge for dusting. I love the lemony smell.

RIP Shelby.

[quote author=perry link=topic=5013.msg194867#msg194867 date=1172029546]
    Maybe I am weird but, I use Pledge for dusting. I love the lemony smell.

RIP Shelby.
    [/quote]

:lol:
    well I guess youre not part of the "COOL" crowd. :lol:

she's so cool, i call her "culo".

WTF??? Pot, Cocaine, Speed, Beer I can understand but inhaling gas out of a can??? That's regoddamndiculous!!!!

Wow I wonder what kinda high you get doing dusting

That is crazy to past out and then drown    

I'm Speechless

Painting a Rainbow on your Heart with Sunshine Love

Her mom says the high school junior frequently inhaled the compressed air product used to clean office equipment, known on the street as "dusting, " and believes that was a contributing factor to Shelby's untimely death.

Her mom knew she did it frequently and even mentioned she found out after an auto accident.  I wonder what steps she took to get her to stop or if Shelby assured her she would never do it again.  I think if that happened to my kid one time, it would be really hard to ever trust them again.  I am so thankful I never had to go through anything like that with my kids. 

a few weeks before her death, her friend tyler left her a comment:

Jan 18, 2007 5:33 PM
    i didn't know you were still alive

:2embarrassed:

I can remember years ago, five girls from area where huffing keyboard cleaner while driving and got into an accident and they all died. I haven't really looked into it but this article references it.
    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/special_packages/media/8698573.htm

[quote author=mm123 link=topic=5013.msg194882#msg194882 date=1172030329]
    Her mom says the high school junior frequently inhaled the compressed air product used to clean office equipment, known on the street as "dusting, " and believes that was a contributing factor to Shelby's untimely death.

Her mom knew she did it frequently and even mentioned she found out after an auto accident.  I wonder what steps she took to get her to stop or if Shelby assured her she would never do it again.  I think if that happened to my kid one time, it would be really hard to ever trust them again.  I am so thankful I never had to go through anything like that with my kids. 
    [/quote]

I CANT help it but say it again... HER MOM KNEW??? what the hell???  What a STUPID WAY TO GET HIGH!!! I think if i found my kid huffing or dusting or being a fuckin jackass, I think that I might actually buy them weed and say.. "HERE, you want to get high??? HERE, smoke a little weed, it'll last longer and you cant OD. you can thank me later!"
    :2tongue: :2tongue: :2tongue: :2tongue: :2tongue:

Mom should be arrested for stupidity while parenting.

roflcopter pilot Mr. Formaldehyde's Avatar

I'm gonna go buy some dustoff tomorrow and see what it's like! I'll post my results in due time!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Formaldehyde
    errrr...you got a towel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Natasha_XO
    no, I got a face though.

[quote author=CrAzY JaY link=topic=5013.msg194857#msg194857 date=1172029109]
    she had a car accident and there was a can at the scene. so she did this while she drove???? and the mom didnt do something.
    [/quote]

I'm so taking the canned air out of my car!!  8-) I mean I work on computers but I don't want it in there if I get in an accident!

*staring at the can of air duster in my desk, shaking head in disappointment*

The worst thing I ever did with these things was spray them upside down on the carpet so the super cold fluid freezes the rug and creates frost.

There was a point in my life when I would get hassled trying to buy air dusters for legitimate reasons because of idiots like this.  Even after surviving a car accident, she continued her old habits.  This isn't a loss, just another wasted, unaccomplished life.

[quote author=pixelcat13 link=topic=5013.msg194900#msg194900 date=1172031871]
    I'm so taking the canned air out of my car!!  8-) I mean I work on computers but I don't want it in there if I get in an accident!
    [/quote]

I looked up after reading this and saw a can with the straw attached.  If I die from a heart attack tonight, will the paramedics see that and think I snorted it?  Just how do you do that?  Do you stick the straw up your nose and push the button?  I'm curious - have to research this one!

Hey Mom, did you feel that?  It was an opportunity.  The opportunity to save your daughters life.  Too late, you missed it.  You see when she wrecked her car while dusting or huffing or whatever the fuck it is called you could have altered your babies fate.  I bet you wish you had that opportunity back again.  What was so important you couldn't take time out for you daughter's cry for help.

So incredibly sad! What a waste.  Another life snuffed out too soon

[quote author=CrAzY JaY link=topic=5013.msg194892#msg194892 date=1172030904]
    I CANT help it but say it again... HER MOM KNEW??? what the hell???  What a STUPID WAY TO GET HIGH!!! I think if i found my kid huffing or dusting or being a fuckin jackass, I think that I might actually buy them weed and say.. "HERE, you want to get high??? HERE, smoke a little weed, it'll last longer and you cant OD. you can thank me later!"
    :2tongue: :2tongue: :2tongue: :2tongue: :2tongue:

Mom should be arrested for stupidity while parenting.
    [/quote]

There's some pics of mom in her younger years on Shelby's myspace. I bet she's one of those moms that wants to be more of a friend than a parent. "acid on xmas?" (in pics) bet she knew about that, too. :x
    <br /><br />

Hmm, I wonder if I can just spray some dustoff into my ear so maybe it'll get to my brain faster!

errrr...you got a towel?
    no, I got a face though.

[quote author=abbykatesmom link=topic=5013.msg194908#msg194908 date=1172032576]
    So incredibly sad! What a waste.&nbsp; Another life snuffed out too soon
    [/quote]

Another life &quot;huffed&quot; out too soon.

the other day i found myself sniffing markers in front of a room full of co-workers.&nbsp; in my defense, it was because the markers smelled like otter pops.&nbsp;

maybe she was just into the scent?

She definately didn't learn that stuff here in Aus.&nbsp; Unless of course i'm too old and the youth of today has gone and found new things to be dumb at....that's probably the case.
    RIP Shelby GT500

[quote author=hester link=topic=5013.msg194935#msg194935 date=1172034292]
    the other day i found myself sniffing markers in front of a room full of co-workers.&nbsp; in my defense, it was because the markers smelled like otter pops.&nbsp;

maybe she was just into the scent?
    [/quote]

There's definitely nothing fascinating about the scent...it's just that when you breathe it in, you get about a 30-second high. Then it fades away, hence the &quot;need&quot; to huff again to keep it going.
    errrr...you got a towel?
    no, I got a face though.

One of her pictures says it's a Gucci ad... if she was a Gucci model, she could probably afford REAL drugs.. i wonder why she went with the household product category instead
    born to be down

Here's one of her blogs:

Sunday, August 20, 2006

&nbsp; buy a shirt

http://www.cafepress.com/ShelbyArmstrong

im selling shirts with my nasty face on them for a good cause. im giving what money i do make to the NLR animal shelter....soo go buy a shirt. I just made them soo there not all that great yet. they will improve in the next days and have cooler stuff on there too.

some of the pictures are of me really &quot;gone&quot; so you can make fun of me ;] yay go.

I think it's sweet she wants to help out animals, but check out the last sentence.&nbsp; Another hint, mom.&nbsp;

it this like doing whip-its or poppers or nos?&nbsp; are those all like doing the same thing?&nbsp; i thought i was so up to date on the whole drug thing...&nbsp; i remember i had a boyfriend once who used to drink cough syrup...&nbsp; when we were together we just stuck to pot.&nbsp; thank god i'm old!

Thread Information