Thread: Robert Hart (16) died a short time after after his snowmobile struck a cement wa

Robert Hart (16) died a short time after after his snowmobile struck a cement wa

There is a foot of snow outside that means on the news this week I will see a bunch of crap like this... after_his_snowmobile_struck_a_cement_wall_and_thre w_him_into_an_icy_creek

EVERY winter we have some of the dumbest snowmobile accidents ever and every summer we have 12 year olds with no helmets croaking off from head trauma on 4 wheelers:(

Re: Robert_Hart_(16)_died_a_short_time_after after_his_snowmobile_struck_a_cemen

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=4836.msg188264#msg188264 date=1171458356]
    There is a foot of snow outside that means on the news this week I will see a bunch of crap like this... after_his_snowmobile_struck_a_cement_wall_and_thre w_him_into_an_icy_creek

EVERY winter we have some of the dumbest snowmobile accidents ever and every summer we have 12 year olds with no helmets croaking off from head trauma on 4 wheelers:(
    [/quote]

We've got the same issue...and stupid people are trying to drive like there's no snow on the ground. I had to go pick up some things from the grocery store yesterday morning before the snow got worse, and I was almost run off the road by a truck...now, his four-wheel drive monster might be fine on snow-drifted roads, but my little tin can of a car has some issues.  I won't drive again until the roads are cleared. I've got my Mythbusters and my MDS...I'm a happy camper.

Re: Robert_Hart_(16)_died_a_short_time_after after_his_snowmobile_struck_a_cement_wa

Haha. I am not going ANYWHERE either. I rescheduled any and all appointments and such for this week and am just being snowed in. Its fucking SCARY out there.

BTW. I hate assholes with snowblowers. I am really hoping for a death labeled "Middle aged man killed by malfunctioning snowblower".

Re: Robert_Hart_(16)_died_a_short_time_after after_his_snowmobile_struck_a_cemen

We had three up here in MI this past weekend, I need to get to lookin' to see if these people had myspaces.  I head up north further in MI where most people are snowmobiling and they're complete nuts!  They think these snowmobiles are the same wave running machines they use on the lake.

A lot of it is probably attributed to the damned poker runs.  Ya shouldn't be operating any snowmachine bent...the cold air, I can only imagine makes you wanna go flying with it.  I'm like an old grandma or something on those, I don't go real fast...I'm all about the trailriding slowly behind everyone if I have to watching nature and shit  :lol:

Then ya get to puttin kids on em.  We drove em around regular at my cousins when I was as old as 9, lucky I was a chickenshit then too and went slow :)

RIP Robert

Re: Robert_Hart_(16)_died_a_short_time_after after_his_snowmobile_struck_a_cement_wa

My ex is really into snowmobiling. He talked me into getting on one ONE time. I do not like to be cold I discovered. Its just too much nature for me. His friends and him are a bunch of flaming assholes too. People put up snowfences to keep these assholes out of their yard and they just rip them out. Its terrible and disrespectful and someone is going to get hurt. F'ing idiots.

I hate the cold myself.  I really dont want to go out in it today even, think I'll nap first.  We've got some wind advisories out today, should be real niiiice.  I need some firewood and a good book right now.

tell my hubby screw the chocolate and flowers, bring me home firewood and red wine

I went to the library before the snow hit, so I have several good books. I also have junior compositions to mark up. If I can ever tear myself away from MDS, I'll start on them...

I am snowed in with 3 kids:( The only good thing is my daughter (9) is out of school for awhile with a pretty severe infection (she has immuno issues) so this is just less make up work we have to do. Her homework makes me want to kill myself some days. Try doing homework with an OCD kid with SEVERE ADHD and impulse control issues. ITS A NIGHTMARE!!

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=4836.msg188318#msg188318 date=1171463650]
    I am snowed in with 3 kids:( The only good thing is my daughter (9) is out of school for awhile with a pretty severe infection (she has immuno issues) so this is just less make up work we have to do. Her homework makes me want to kill myself some days. Try doing homework with an OCD kid with SEVERE ADHD and impulse control issues. ITS A NIGHTMARE!!
    [/quote]

I totally sympathize...I do it on a daily basis with 7-12 of them at a time. Welcome to the wonderful world of teaching...at least I'm paid for it, right?

[quote author=the lurker link=topic=4836.msg188336#msg188336 date=1171464506]
    I totally sympathize...I do it on a daily basis with 7-12 of them at a time. Welcome to the wonderful world of teaching...at least I'm paid for it, right?
    [/quote]

haha you aren't my kids teacher are you?

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=4836.msg188344#msg188344 date=1171464868]
    haha you aren't my kids teacher are you?
    [/quote]

It's possible...I have a student who sounds like yours...She's ADD, OCD, oppositional disorder, ... The list goes on. Her I.E.P. is thicker than War and Peace.

Re: Robert Hart (16) died a short time after after his snowmobile struck a cemen

[quote author=the lurker link=topic=4836.msg188470#msg188470 date=1171469786]
    It's possible...I have a student who sounds like yours...She's ADD, OCD, oppositional disorder, ... The list goes on. Her I.E.P. is thicker than War and Peace.
    [/quote]

Her IEP is pretty thick. Plus, the school hates me. I am ALWAYS fighting with them.

Re: Robert Hart (16) died a short time after after his snowmobile struck a cemen

[quote author=IvannaTrailer link=topic=4836.msg188584#msg188584 date=1171473937]
    Her IEP is pretty thick. Plus, the school hates me. I am ALWAYS fighting with them.
    [/quote]

The sad thing is, this mother doesn't care. I think she stopped caring a while ago because it became too much for her.

And I have mothers who fight with me on everything, but that's usually before they hear me out. I empathize though, as when your child is already at a disadvantage, you have to fight for everything.

Thread Information