Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Jannes, 21, Posts Suicide by Hanging Himself Live on Internet

Re: Marcus Jannes (21) committed suicide by hanging and he broadcasted it online

[quote author=once_again link=topic=27396.msg1737509#msg1737509 date=1287079617]
    He posted the video for a reason.  I wonder what that reason was?
    [/quote]
    To make me lose my appetite this morning

Mission accomplished Marcus

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

Re: Marcus Jannes (21) committed suicide by hanging and he broadcasted it online

[quote author=HockeyGirl link=topic=27396.msg1737515#msg1737515 date=1287080182]
    To make me lose my appetite this morning

Mission accomplished Marcus
    [/quote]
    Didn't forget him yet? :roll:
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=27396.msg1737516#msg1737516 date=1287080246]
    Didn't forget him yet? :roll:
    [/quote]
    Dammit.

When youre right, youre right.

I regret watching that video last night, didn't let me sleep.  The video just looked so surreal, the color that guy turned just freaked me out.  My condolences go out to his family and friends who have to now deal with his suicide and the fact that other people can see it any time online
    [SIGPIChttp://mydeathspace.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic41253_1.gif][/SIGPIC]

[quote author=WhenSkiesAreGray link=topic=27396.msg1737513#msg1737513 date=1287079825]
    I'm mostly distrubed by how undisturbing I found that.

Anyhoo, he was rather determined. I'm glad he's at peace. RIP Marcus.  :|
    [/quote]

Same here. I think this site has desensitized me a lot. I feel sad for the guy, but I wasn't mortified or anything. Only thing that mortifies me still are broadcasted beheadings.

[quote author=hazeleyes link=topic=27396.msg1737506#msg1737506 date=1287079438]
    OMG. I can't believe I watched it. How so sad. I would imagine the family has watched it. If I were in there shoes I would have asked to see it. I would think they would be extremely upset to know it is public and anyone can watch it. That website is disgusting. I don't ever want to go there again. :2upset:

Now is there any happier things on here to get my mind off of that video? Shit look at this site. There isn't. I think I need some quiet time from this site for a little bit after that.
    [/quote]

Here, have a random kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Re: Marcus Jannes (21) committed suicide by hanging and he broadcasted it onlin

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=27396.msg1737529#msg1737529 date=1287081367]
    Same here. I think this site has desensitized me a lot. I feel sad for the guy, but I wasn't mortified or anything. Only thing that mortifies me still are broadcasted beheadings.
    [/quote]
    I watched only one beheading years ago...wouldn't do it again for anything.  It's not so much the visual that bothered me as much as the sound.  I felt sick for days after that.
    Lurker checking in.

[quote author=YayMe link=topic=27396.msg1737560#msg1737560 date=1287082891]
    I watched only one beheading years ago...wouldn't do it again for anything.  It's not so much the visual that bothered me as much as the sound.  I felt sick for days after that.
    [/quote]

I've never watched an entire beheading. I can't keep my eyes open.

[quote author=Hellbettie link=topic=27396.msg1737529#msg1737529 date=1287081367]
    [/quote]

Not that I would ever choose to, but I can watch a beheading if the sound is off. I did watch one on with the sound once and found that more unsettling than the act itself.

The only think that has ever make me go OMGWTF?? was a dead baby picture on a gore 4chan thread. NO f'ing way, buddy. Can't go there.

But this? Nah... I was sort of interested in how black his face turned and then returned to a lighter color. Makes sense, I guess. Meh. I'm sick.

[/quote]

This is the same for me. One other thing I cant watch is that disgusting video of those three russian or ukrainian teenagers killing that homeless man, and laughing about it.. the sound is HORRIBLE.

I seen this video the other day and couldn't imagine what would have been going through his head because he could have easily stood up as opposed to if he were suspended. I'm thinking maybe the painkillers he took made him more relaxed and maybe made it easier to go through with it. Sad he thought the only way out was suicide, but again I've never been there so I can't really say it's completely sad. People have their own reasons for doing things, as do I.
    Rip Marcus

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=27396.msg1737564#msg1737564 date=1287083025]
    I've never watched an entire beheading. I can't keep my eyes open.
    [/quote]

The first gruesome video I ever watched on the internet was of Nick Berg's beheading.
    I wonder why I am immune to all this stuff now.  :|
    Video: http://www.newsjerks.com/nickbergvideo.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by marakisses
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??

mydeathspace

[quote author=brie link=topic=27396.msg1737770#msg1737770 date=1287094970]
    The first gruesome video I ever watched on the internet was of Nick Berg's beheading.
    [/quote]

That video stuck with me a for a while. Just like watching the curb stomp on American History X.

I chose not to watch this video.

(Great Nike Ad placement though. Shame he didn't have a MDS shirt  )

[quote author=Evon link=topic=27396.msg1737710#msg1737710 date=1287091044]
    I seen this video the other day and couldn't imagine what would have been going through his head because he could have easily stood up as opposed to if he were suspended. I'm thinking maybe the painkillers he took made him more relaxed and maybe made it easier to go through with it. Sad he thought the only way out was suicide, but again I've never been there so I can't really say it's completely sad. People have their own reasons for doing things, as do I.
    Rip Marcus
    [/quote]

Now that I've seen it with my own eyes I'll never again doubt someone can hang themselves when their feet can touch the floor. I know we've read of cases like this before, but it's so hard to imagine being able to go through with it.

I wonder why I am immune to all this stuff now.  :|
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3705409.stm
    [/quote]

I just tried to watch this again recently. I just haven't been able to.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=27396.msg1737217#msg1737217 date=1287028000]
    That's how much a suicidal person wants to die though. I know a lot of people don't feel this way, but I admire the balls on this kid. Suicide isn't easy. Waking up everyday is simple, doing something like that takes courage.

I would say RIP to Mr. Jannes, but I'm sure he's enjoying peace now that he never found in life.
    [/quote]

I totally agree Ron - suicide sucks but you have to give them credit for having the balls to follow through.  

And I just re-watched the Nicholas Berg video and it was not a horrendous as I remember.  Or I got more jaded.  Either way; I sometimes wonder if there is not something wrong with me.  My mom calls me Morticia - she is right......

[quote author=-Stephanie- link=topic=27396.msg1737797#msg1737797 date=1287096655]
    I totally agree Ron - suicide sucks but you have to give them credit for having the balls to follow through.  

And I just re-watched the Nicholas Berg video and it was not a horrendous as I remember.  Or I got more jaded.  Either way; I sometimes wonder if there is not something wrong with me.  My mom calls me Morticia - she is right......

[/quote]

I often feel that way about myself. Other people will be all  over something and it seems pretty meh to me.

The Nick Berg video disturbed me because of the sound, and the fact that those ninnies used a knife to behead him as opposed to a sword, which is pretty quick and over with, at least if it's sharp.  His blood-filled screams will stick with me the rest of my life.

Totally felt bad for Mr. Jannes, but that's determination.  I think it didn't disturb me because of the speed of the video, but I watched it because I had a friend do something similar a few years ago, all over a girl.  Unrequited love... he hung himself on the back of a door in his apartment.  We don't know when he did it, but his hands were still discolored at the funeral.  We couldn't even stay after seeing him, went straight to a bar and got disgustingly drunk.  Anyway, I'm babbling... I just wondered what my friend went through.  Now I know.

(Popping out of lurkerville to post)

My understanding is that when a person hangs themselves in this fashion, something goes wonky with the limbs and they lose the ability to "just stand up." Perhaps it is related to the body's survival instinct and channeling all the blood flow from the limbs to oxygenate the brain. One of my lil bros friends killed herself by sitting down in her closet with something tied around her neck. She was 16 or 17 and her months old baby was in the crib in the room with her. Seems like I read a similar story somewhere on here...

I am way to squeamish to watch the video, but it could explain why folks are saying the arms went purple.

I hope he was able to find the release he was looking for, poor guy.

(Stepping back into the shadows)

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=27396.msg1737781#msg1737781 date=1287096006]
    Now that I've seen it with my own eyes I'll never again doubt someone can hang themselves when their feet can touch the floor. I know we've read of cases like this before, but it's so hard to imagine being able to go through with it.
    [/quote]

The will to die in some people is far greater than the will to live I guess. I once knew someone like that. Tried a couple times before he finally hung himself. He is the reason I will never watch this video.

I can't do beheadings either. The only two death videos I have ever watched was the one kid that shot himself in the head, and the one where the naked guy was holding himself in a push up position over a huge knife then lowers himself onto it as his arm get weaker. Brutal stuff.
    Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.

This is truly awful. I realized that none of the people that egged him on are to blame for his death, but I hope it eats at them subconsciously. It just kills me to know he didn't get the help he needed to make it through rather than dying.

RIP Marcus

[quote author=Deviant Toaster link=topic=27396.msg1737894#msg1737894 date=1287104104]
    This is truly awful. I realized that none of the people that egged him on are to blame for his death, but I hope it eats at them subconsciously. It just kills me to know he didn't get the help he needed to make it through rather than dying.

RIP Marcus
    [/quote]

There were people who egged him on? I missed that part.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=27396.msg1737920#msg1737920 date=1287105731]
    [/quote]
    Same here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Senior Member DarknessDestitute's Avatar

I wonder why I am immune to all this stuff now.  :|
    Video: http://www.newsjerks.com/nickbergvideo.htm
    [/quote]

OMG, back in the day I would never have been able to watch Nick Berg's beheading. Ever since I've been on this site I can I just cringe and go onto the next topic. That was pretty sick though.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=27396.msg1737920#msg1737920 date=1287105731]
    [/quote]
    There were?  :?

[/quote]

I distinctly remember reading a couple long articles posted that said some people online were calling him a troll or faking it for attention. Some people even gave him ideas on how best to do it.

I swear someone posted that on here. Now I think I might just be going crazy.

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it.

Thread Information