Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Schmitt (26) jumped from a moving vehicle while being taken to jail

Daniel Schmitt (26) jumped from a moving vehicle while being taken to jail

Seems like we should be able to find more on this one.  They aren't releasing much into...
    http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/article_c58f15cc-baa5-11df-a58b-001cc4c03286.html
    A Montana man in custody of a federal ranger died at Rapid City Regional Hospital from injuries suffered Sunday night when he jumped from a moving vehicle near St. Onge.

Daniel Eric Schmitt, 26, of Miles City, Mont., had been arrested in connection with an incident on federal land surrounding the Belle Fourche Reservoir at Orman Dam.

Butte County Sheriff Fred Lamphere said it appeared that the man had been placed under arrest by a federal ranger with jurisdiction near the reservoir.

The incident happened in Lawrence County, across the Butte County line, on S.D. Highway 34 as Schmitt was being taken to jail.

It is under investigation by the Lawrence County Sheriff's Office and the South Dakota Division of Criminal Investigation.

According to a news release from Lawrence County Sheriff Richard Mowell, his department was called to the scene of the incident just before 9:30 p.m. Sunday.

Schmitt was taken first to Spearfish Regional Hospital and then was transferred to Rapid City Regional, where he died.

Lamphere said Tuesday morning that he did not know what charges the arrest was based on but that it would be a federal statute violation.

Lamphere said there had been a call Sunday evening to Butte County dispatch that there was an assault at the reservoir.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Re: Daniel Schmitt (26) jumped from a moving vehicle while being taken to jail

I wonder what kind of vehicle it was. Cop car back doors don't open from the inside, do they?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1713473#msg1713473 date=1284322262]
    I wonder what kind of vehicle it was. Cop car back doors don't open from the inside, do they?
    [/quote]
    It was a rangers truck.  So something like this... only smaller. :lol:
    http://olesem.doi.gov/jobs/images/Ranger%20with%20patrol%20vehicle.JPG
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=26929.msg1713474#msg1713474 date=1284322487]
    It was a rangers truck.  So something like this...

[/quote]

Your pic isn't showing up for me, but it would be a normally working door then, right?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1713476#msg1713476 date=1284322555]
    Your pic isn't showing up for me, but it would be a normally working door then, right?
    [/quote]
    Right.  They don't often transport prisoners. Take a look again.  I think you'll see the picture this time.

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=26929.msg1713477#msg1713477 date=1284322750]
    Right.  They don't often transport prisoners. Take a look again.  I think you'll see the picture this time.
    [/quote]

That has back doors, though. They don't have theirs so people can't get out?

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1713494#msg1713494 date=1284323658]
    That has back doors, though. They don't have theirs so people can't get out?
    [/quote]
    I'm told that they don't.  They are more often hauling stuff, or stranded hunters or whatever.  Most vehicles apparently don't have safety barriers and the like either.  If you have to transport a prisoner  you are supposed to wait until you have a second LEO that can ride in back and guard the prisoner.  (I don't know if this was just one ranger trying to take the guy in or if there were two.)

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=26929.msg1713517#msg1713517 date=1284324705]
    I'm told that they don't.  They are more often hauling stuff, or stranded hunters or whatever.  Most vehicles apparently don't have safety barriers and the like either.  If you have to transport a prisoner  you are supposed to wait until you have a second LEO that can ride in back and guard the prisoner.  (I don't know if this was just one ranger trying to take the guy in or if there were two.)
    [/quote]

They're going to be in big trouble. They should have done that or called a patrol car equipped to transport prisoners. I smell a huge lawsuit.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1713545#msg1713545 date=1284325655]
    They're going to be in big trouble. They should have done that or called a patrol car equipped to transport prisoners. I smell a huge lawsuit.
    [/quote]
    I'd agree with the lawsuit if this jackass didn't try to escape. :lol:
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1713545#msg1713545 date=1284325655]
    [/quote]
    Does it matter that the nearest patrol car was probably 30 miles away?  Nah.  Probably not.  I suspect that's the reason they are playing this all so close to the vest. 

[quote author=puzzld link=topic=26929.msg1713561#msg1713561 date=1284326412]
    Does it matter that the nearest patrol car was probably 30 miles away?  Nah.  Probably not.  I suspect that's the reason they are playing this all so close to the vest. 
    [/quote]

In my county the nearest patrol car is always 30 miles away. That's close.  :lol:

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1713568#msg1713568 date=1284326588]
    In my county the nearest patrol car is always 30 miles away. That's close.  :lol:
    [/quote]
    :lol: yes it is.

This is gonna be interesting because Orman Dam is federal property, and until a year or so ago the feds contracted "policing" the reservoir to the county.  The feds handled the game violations, and the sheriff did everything that didn't involve fish or deer.  Anyway, the feds pulled the contract and said the rangers would handle everything.  I know that the rangers were ticked about it, and the county was ticked about loosing the money and probably not too inclined to provide back up...

Obit  http://www.stevensonfuneralhome.com/Obits_details.asp?ID=2106  Too bad he decided to jump- seemed like a cool guy.

A Graveside Service for Daniel Eric Schmitt, 26, of Miles City, MT will be at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday, September 16, 2010 at the Black Hills National Cemetery near Sturgis, SD with Jesse LaBree officiating. Military Rites will be provided by the Ellsworth Air Force Base Honor Guard and the Belle Fourche Honor Guard.

Daniel passed away on Monday, September 6, 2010, at the Rapid City Regional Hospital in Rapid City, SD.

Daniel Eric Schmitt was born May 22, 1984, to John Schmitt and Betty (Linkfield) Mioduski in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He left us too soon as the result of a tragic accident.  Dan went to school at Riverview High School in Oakmont, PA and joined the United States Air Force in 2002. He dreaded being transferred to Minot, North Dakota, and leaving behind his friends in Pennsylvania; but, it was there that he formed many lasting friendships and met his adventure partner, Blake Willson, in 2007.  Dan learned his love of hunting and shooting sports from his life long friend, J.W. and the Tabacchi family. He was a boy scout who always wanted to be outdoors and liked doing things with his hands. He either had to be riding something with wheels or underneath it tinkering. He had a special passion for Jeeps. He referred to “Sally,” his Jeep, as his other girlfriend.  Dan sought adventures of all kinds. Dan and Blake roamed the hills and prairies of North and South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana searching for Geo-caches. They kayaked any open water they could find, sometimes before the ice had even thawed.  Dan lived life to the fullest. Each new day was an opportunity to do something exciting and have fun. He was a computer whiz and a carpenter who remodeled his own home. The mechanical bull in Sturgis couldn’t throw him off so he wanted to ride a real bucking bull.

Dan loved dogs. Every dog he would meet he would say “Hi, Friend.” One of his goals was to buy some property and raise big dogs.  Dan worked for Nabors Drilling in North Dakota. He made many new friends on the rig. His schedule of two weeks on and two weeks off left plenty of time for Dan’s gallivanting. He especially enjoyed his summer vacation showing his mom the sights in Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks.  Boating was another passion of Dan’s. He water-skied, knee boarded, wake boarded and tubed on every lake in the area. He spent the last two days of his life doing what he loved best--spending time with Blake at Orman Dam.

Above all, Dan was a loving son, brother and friend. He is mourned by his mother, Betty Mioduski, Oakmont, PA; his son, Cody Schmitt; sister Robin and her husband Greg Roberson, Sanford, NC and their children; and Dan’s loving companion and best friend, Blake Willson, Miles City, MT. He is also survived by numerous friends who share in our grief at the tragic loss of one so young.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26929.msg1713551#msg1713551 date=1284325956]
    I'd agree with the lawsuit if this jackass didn't try to escape. :lol:
    [/quote]

First off HE IS NOT A JACK ASS he is my brother.
    second of all,  EVERYBODY LOVED MY BROTHER,  HE was not a smoker, did not do drugs, and all of what the MEDIA says is NOT TRUE he jumped out! and he did NOT ASSAULT ANYBODY 

[quote author=YourAWhat link=topic=26929.msg1726700#msg1726700 date=1285948894]
    second of all,  EVERYBODY LOVED MY BROTHER,   HE was not a smoker, did not do drugs, and all of what the MEDIA says is NOT TRUE he jumped out! and he did NOT ASSAULT ANYBODY 
    [/quote]

I'm sorry for your loss. What really happened? Why did he jump out, or are you saying he didn't jump out?

second of all,  EVERYBODY LOVED MY BROTHER,   HE was not a smoker, did not do drugs, and all of what the MEDIA says is NOT TRUE he jumped out! and he did NOT ASSAULT ANYBODY  
    [/quote]
    He can't be both?

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26929.msg1726702#msg1726702 date=1285949046]
    He can't be both?
    [/quote]

Well, my brother is, but I wasn't going to go into that right now.  :lol:

I'd rather have info on what really happened.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1726704#msg1726704 date=1285949189]
    Well, my brother is, but I wasn't going to go into that right now.  :lol:

I'd rather have info on what really happened.
    [/quote]
    Yea, I wasn't getting the logic there. Thanks for understand me. I mean, from what I gather he's both. I mean he was both.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1726701#msg1726701 date=1285949026]
    I'm sorry for your loss. What really happened? Why did he jump out, or are you saying he didn't jump out?
    [/quote]

we have no clue if he really did jump out, and if even that were the case how was it allowed , . I will not be able to fully comment as of yet on how it all happened.   
    Thank you for the condolences.

[quote author=YourAWhat link=topic=26929.msg1726737#msg1726737 date=1285951116]
    we have no clue if he really did jump out, and if even that were the case how was it allowed , . I will not be able to fully comment as of yet on how it all happened.    
    [/quote]
    Maybe a dirty cop tossed him and you're in for a payday. Most cops are crooked so your chances are good. They usually only pay out to niggers though. Are you guys niggers? I never saw a pic.

second of all,  EVERYBODY LOVED MY BROTHER,   HE was not a smoker, did not do drugs, and all of what the MEDIA says is NOT TRUE he jumped out! and he did NOT ASSAULT ANYBODY 
    [/quote]I'm sorry for your loss.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26929.msg1726739#msg1726739 date=1285951279]
    Maybe a dirty cop tossed him and you're in for a payday. Most cops are crooked so your chances are good. They usually only pay out to niggers though. Are you guys niggers? I never saw a pic.
    [/quote]

[quote author=YourAWhat link=topic=26929.msg1726737#msg1726737 date=1285951116]
    [/quote]

Dan sought adventures of all kinds. Dan and Blake roamed the hills and prairies of North and South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana searching for Geo-caches

Awesome. I've done some geocaching.
    What was he arrested for? I agree it shouldn't have been allowed to happen if that's what happened. They obviously didn't transport him safely.

[quote author=Ron_NYC link=topic=26929.msg1726706#msg1726706 date=1285949297]
    Yea, I wasn't getting the logic there. Thanks for understand me. I mean, from what I gather he's both. I mean he was both.
    [/quote]

Well he is and was one thing a BETTER PERSON than you what a coward for attacking somebody who can not defend themselves.  I see you and your comments as " you are a cowardly loser". and if anybody is the dumb ass it would be you.

I hope one day you get the same treatment, and find yourself being arrested for something you haven't even done, and it's happening all the time all over America.  go look up " Americas largest gang".  be careful what you reap it might come back to haunt you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQBS9V6vSg

[quote author=YourAWhat link=topic=26929.msg1726746#msg1726746 date=1285951620]

Well he is and was one thing a BETTER PERSON than you what a coward for attacking somebody who can not defend themselves.  I see you and your comments as " you are a cowardly loser". and if anybody is the dumb ass it would be you.

I hope one day you get the same treatment, and find yourself being arrested for something you haven't even done, and it's happening all the time all over America.  go look up " Americas largest gang".  be careful what you reap it might come back to haunt you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbQBS9V6vSg

[/quote] :lol: :lol:  I have to say in Ron's defense, he's been there and done that I believe.

[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=26929.msg1726743#msg1726743 date=1285951589]

[/quote]
    It's a damn shame when folks throw out a perfectly good white boy like that.

[quote author=YourAWhat link=topic=26929.msg1726746#msg1726746 date=1285951620]
    Well he is and was one thing a BETTER PERSON than you what a coward for attacking somebody who can not defend themselves.  I see you and your comments as " you are a cowardly loser". and if anybody is the dumb ass it would be you.

I hope one day you get the same treatment, and find yourself being arrested for something you haven't even done, and it's happening all the time all over America.  go look up " Americas largest gang".  be careful what you reap it might come back to haunt you.
    [/quote]
    I have actually. I went to court and beat it though. I didn't flee. Oh, and double jeopardy.... I DID THAT SHIT! :-D

And of course I attack people that can't defend themselves. Living people hit back, hard.

Thread Information