Re: LGBT discussion thread

Coming out... Somehow i managed to do it twice. The second time
    was better.

[quote author=sogs link=topic=27340.msg1733773#msg1733773 date=1286695141]
    Coming out... Somehow i managed to do it twice. The second time
    was better.
    [/quote]

I came out to my father first and then my mom found out. He didnt care and she said I was going to hell  :lol:

fun times

[quote author=Resident_Queer link=topic=27340.msg1733775#msg1733775 date=1286695300]
    I came out to my father first and then my mom found out. He didnt care and she said I was going to hell  :lol:

fun times
    [/quote] my mom before my dad, she cried like i died. My dad freaked and called me queer. I was kicked out same day, citing another reason buuut.....

No wonder as a teen I threw up and cried every morning. Being gay was worse than death. I was proven right. They came around mostly. Yet i have been asked to not say anything to the church people and some others. Too bad a lot are on fb... And they are very supportive.  Thank God.

[quote author=sogs link=topic=27340.msg1733778#msg1733778 date=1286696097]
    my mom before my dad, she cried like i died. My dad freaked and called me queer. I was kicked out same day, citing another reason buuut.....

No wonder as a teen I threw up and cried every morning. Being gay was worse than death. I was proven right. They came around mostly. Yet i have been asked to not say anything to the church people and some others. Too bad a lot are on fb... And they are very supportive.  Thank God.
    [/quote]

Glad it all worked out 

My mom said I was going to hell and not live that sick lifestyle in her house. blah blah blah. I ignored her and for the most part it seems like shes over it. Every now and then shell sneak in an ignorant comment. She says she wants me to wait until shes dead to have kids  :lol: And she wont come to my wedding...Gotta love her!

My mom said the same type stuff and dad. They adore my gf though so thats null and void now.  They still thinkmi am
    Going to hell though. I disagree.

I hope we see a better acceptance in our lifetime. I hope
    If  i have kids that they are straight.

[quote author=sogs link=topic=27340.msg1733781#msg1733781 date=1286696610]
    My mom said the same type stuff and dad. They adore my gf though so thats null and void now.  They still thinkmi am
    Going to hell though. I disagree.

I hope we see a better acceptance in our lifetime. I hope
    If  i have kids that they are straight.

[/quote]

I just want my kids to be healthy and happy with who they are. I think if brought up in an open-minded and loving household they should be fine. I would never treat my kids like my mother treats me. I guess we all learn from our parents mistakes.

If there's one thing I have learned from life, it's that no matter who my future kids date, I will hate them, think they suck, and don't deserve my kid.

Parents Can't Kick Me Out, Or They Can't Get My SSI
    Oh God, Stop The Voices *SCREAM*

[quote author=sogs link=topic=27340.msg1733778#msg1733778 date=1286696097]
    my mom before my dad, she cried like i died. My dad freaked and called me queer. I was kicked out same day, citing another reason buuut.....

[/quote]

[quote author=Resident_Queer link=topic=27340.msg1733779#msg1733779 date=1286696238]
    Glad it all worked out 

My mom said I was going to hell and not live that sick lifestyle in her house. blah blah blah. I ignored her and for the most part it seems like shes over it. Every now and then shell sneak in an ignorant comment. She says she wants me to wait until shes dead to have kids  :lol: And she wont come to my wedding...Gotta love her!
    [/quote]

I don't know why you gals make such a silly choice to be gay.  :-P
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

This thread.

I am related to and close with a few die-hard homophobes and I will never understand it and it makes me furious to the point of nausea when people make ignorant comments. Hating any group of people for a general reason that in no way impacts your life is just ridiculous. Same thing with racism... "I hate all [insert group here] because...". My boyfriend is an immigrant and he still makes hateful comments about other races from time to time, which boggles my mind. How can you hate another group of people when you know what you went through to get to this country, and how people could say the same thing about your heritage without any basis for it. But yes, back on topic.

Case in point my dad is a homophobe. My aunt (his sister) is a lesbian, has been her entire life and her girlfriend has been coming to our holiday functions for as long as I can remember. They love each other, totally get along, but my dad just doesn't talk about it. I don't get how he can accept his sister and love her, but still think being gay whether male or female is a sin when it comes to every other person on the planet. I mean he's literally come out and said if I came out that he would kick me out, etc.

On a side note, but related, especially for my grandparents and parents generation, they use religion as a reason to be hateful towards other groups of people they don't approve of or understand. The younger generations (my sister, me, my younger brother who is 18) we all are open-minded and though we grew up around racism and bias, we don't agree with it or understand it.

I could ramble on and on about this topic, but I absolutely agree with Bowie that I think I will see a lot of progress in this matter in my generation. That being said I'm sure we will find something new to be afraid of and to hate in future. :|

Down with ignorance and injustice in all forms.

(Sorry for the TL;DR, I get really heated on this topic. :oops:)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=27340.msg1733565#msg1733565 date=1286664730]
    I think everyone can agree that regardless of gender, no one really controls who they fall in love with. I would pick much nicer people. :lol:
    [/quote]

Well hell, you just let us all off the hook for our bad choices. 

[quote author=bowieluva link=topic=27340.msg1733616#msg1733616 date=1286673010]
    I think it's definitely going to happen. There are plenty of cultures and places in this world where people would think you were fucking nuts if you treated being gay like it was weird.

[/quote]
    And there are plenty of places where they would just kill you instantly for being gay.  I am not saying our culture is the best as far as this subject goes, but don't make it sound like we are THAT bad...

Just like with all changes in social mores and customs, it takes time and new generations of people to find something different to hate. 

I honestly don't get why people care who other people love?  It doesn't affect them, or are they threatened by others sexuality and happiness?  On a positive note, next Saturday me and hubs are going with our BFF's to the first EVER gay pride in our area!!  I am THRILLED to see this, in the Southern Fried bible belt that is.  Admittedly it is just some vendors, bingo and a picnic but baby steps baby steps..next year will be bigger and hopefully it will keep growing!!

[quote author=aphaziak link=topic=27340.msg1733831#msg1733831 date=1286718939]
    This thread.

I am related to and close with a few die-hard homophobes and I will never understand it and it makes me furious to the point of nausea when people make ignorant comments. Hating any group of people for a general reason that in no way impacts your life is just ridiculous. Same thing with racism... "I hate all [insert group here] because...". My boyfriend is an immigrant and he still makes hateful comments about other races from time to time, which boggles my mind. How can you hate another group of people when you know what you went through to get to this country, and how people could say the same thing about your heritage without any basis for it. But yes, back on topic.

Case in point my dad is a homophobe. My aunt (his sister) is a lesbian, has been her entire life and her girlfriend has been coming to our holiday functions for as long as I can remember. They love each other, totally get along, but my dad just doesn't talk about it. I don't get how he can accept his sister and love her, but still think being gay whether male or female is a sin when it comes to every other person on the planet. I mean he's literally come out and said if I came out that he would kick me out, etc.

On a side note, but related, especially for my grandparents and parents generation, they use religion as a reason to be hateful towards other groups of people they don't approve of or understand. The younger generations (my sister, me, my younger brother who is 18) we all are open-minded and though we grew up around racism and bias, we don't agree with it or understand it.

I could ramble on and on about this topic, but I absolutely agree with Bowie that I think I will see a lot of progress in this matter in my generation. That being said I'm sure we will find something new to be afraid of and to hate in future. :|

Down with ignorance and injustice in all forms.

(Sorry for the TL;DR, I get really heated on this topic. :oops:)

[/quote]

WE have the same family?  :lol:

bible abuse, the weapon of choice.

I'm trying to get my kids out of the habit of saying that things they don't like are "gay" and calling people "fag" as an insult. I'll admit, I slip up and say the shit myself and their dad uses "fag" as his main choice for an insult. 
    They've been around my sister and her gf since they were born, and they're crazy about both of their Aunties so I often point out that both Aunties are gay, and they're pretty damned awesome so what's the problem with being gay? They just go  :| but I think it's starting to sink in.

I'm also along with the group that hopes my kids aren't gay. I'll love them no matter what but life is hard enough when you're straight and therefore "normal", they don't need the extra BS that gays tend to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    SMH. White people! Always trying to help and shit.

I admit I still says stuff is "gay" even though I know it's dad. I grew up with a member of my family being gay and I think that whatever makes them happy makes me happy.

I hope my kids are happy and healthy. If they are gay or bi or whatever I will still love them, but even now with so many open minded people it is still hard for anyone who isn't straight to make it out there.

[quote author=Feetprints link=topic=27340.msg1733853#msg1733853 date=1286726900]
    I'm trying to get my kids out of the habit of saying that things they don't like are "gay" and calling people "beaver" as an insult. I'll admit, I slip up and say the shit myself and their dad uses "beaver" as his main choice for an insult.  
    They've been around my sister and her gf since they were born, and they're crazy about both of their Aunties so I often point out that both Aunties are gay, and they're pretty damned awesome so what's the problem with being gay? They just go  :| but I think it's starting to sink in.

I'm also along with the group that hopes my kids aren't gay. I'll love them no matter what but life is hard enough when you're straight and therefore "normal", they don't need the extra BS that gays tend to get.
    [/quote]
    I totally get that, but I still have one part of me that hopes at least one of my kids is gay, mainly because I come from a (surprisingly, given their religious beliefs) family of non homophobes, and any kid I have would be raised never feeling bad about being gay, at least at home.  You're right though, no matter how loving and accepting you are at home, you can't control the outside world, and that would make me afraid for my children.

My dad's official stance on people is "the only group you should be prejudiced against is the assholes."  That's what I go by in life :lol:

[quote author=angelaiscaustic link=topic=27340.msg1733861#msg1733861 date=1286727564]
    I totally get that, but I still have one part of me that hopes at least one of my kids is gay, mainly because I come from a (surprisingly, given their religious beliefs) family of non homophobes, and any kid I have would be raised never feeling bad about being gay, at least at home.  You're right though, no matter how loving and accepting you are at home, you can't control the outside world, and that would make me afraid for my children.

My dad's official stance on people is "the only group you should be prejudiced against is the assholes."  That's what I go by in life :lol:
    [/quote]

again i want to be adopted by your family  :lol:

I don;t want a gay kid because of everyone else, not because of us obviously. I understand having 2 gay parents is already a mark against them in some eyes. Then make them gay too... i do not care if they are gay. I just dont want them to be for their sake.

Almost every single day I hear  the f.aggot being thrown around, or shemale, or ewww over a tranny. At work,in the store etc. No not directed at me but around me which makes me uncomfortable.

yesterday getting the oil changed, i was on my cell and made a comment about the gf and I, not realizing i was being obviously gay. this bitch moved across the room and glared and snarled. I just said " i am gay.. that doesn't mean I have horrible taste. Look in the mirror, men don't even want you." she walked out.

[quote author=sogs link=topic=27340.msg1733879#msg1733879 date=1286729349]
    again i want to be adopted by your family  :lol:

I don;t want a gay kid because of everyone else, not because of us obviously. I understand having 2 gay parents is already a mark against them in some eyes. Then make them gay too... i do not care if they are gay. I just dont want them to be for their sake.

Almost every single day I hear  the f.aggot being thrown around, or shemale, or ewww over a tranny. At work,in the store etc. No not directed at me but around me which makes me uncomfortable.

yesterday getting the oil changed, i was on my cell and made a comment about the gf and I, not realizing i was being obviously gay. this bitch moved across the room and glared and snarled. I just said " i am gay.. that doesn't mean I have horrible taste. Look in the mirror, men don't even want you." she walked out.

[/quote]
    You'll fit right in and it'll be amazing!

Also trannies are fucking awesome.  And fuck that bitch.  Who actually snarls at people (besides me)?

Almost every single day I hear  the f.aggot being thrown around, or shemale, or ewww over a tranny. At work,in the store etc. No not directed at me but around me which makes me uncomfortable.

[/quote]

First  to her moving across the room, etc., then 

I don't know if I've mentioned this here or not, but my mother in law was telling me once how uncomfortable she is being around lesbians. I said 'yeah, you're hot. They all want you.'  :roll: Then her sister joined in with me and we both had a good laugh at her. Why do people think that a lesbian wants any female that's handy?
    Quote Originally Posted by beli View Post
    kim kardashian - made famous for having a sex tape, should die in a fire
    Quote Originally Posted by McMama View Post
    Have you ever walked into a mall, sat on God's lap, and had your picture taken?

Bleach blondes with huge 80s hair and pink make up. I wanted to punch her hard.[quote author=deeply shaded link=topic=27340.msg1733883#msg1733883 date=1286729751]
    First  to her moving across the room, etc., then 

I don't know if I've mentioned this here or not, but my mother in law was telling me once how uncomfortable she is being around lesbians. I said 'yeah, you're hot. They all want you.'  :roll: Then her sister joined in with me and we both had a good laugh at her. Why do people think that a lesbian wants any female that's handy?
    [/quote]

my gf said really loudly as she stomped out, "right? you are 50xs hotter than she is. ugh."  the guy at the counter died laughing.

[quote author=Chompin link=topic=27340.msg1733835#msg1733835 date=1286719635]
    And there are plenty of places where they would just kill you instantly for being gay.  I am not saying our culture is the best as far as this subject goes, but don't make it sound like we are THAT bad...

Just like with all changes in social mores and customs, it takes time and new generations of people to find something different to hate. 

[/quote]

I'm rooting for Asian drivers or the elderly!

I agree with you, I was arguing that change and progression isn't THAT far off because there are plenty of places who have already evolved into it. And the countries that want to kill the gays are pretty much into doing the same to women. :|

I actually don't know if I would ever have a gay kid because my family is so hetero. My gay friends were like, wow. My brother is a huge dandy but straight. The only gay person I know about in my fam is grandma's 'spinster' cousin who lives in New York, is super butch, lived with her best friend most of her life, and can't stand men. My grandma always talks about how she must be so sad that she never met a man. :lol:

[/quote]

:lol:

I hate people who move away from you if they find out you're gay, they think being gay is contagious. Ignorant assholes. It's amazing how technology has changed so much but people's minds haven't. There are still so many people out there who think inter-racial relationships are wrong. It's so sad.

[quote author=Rhythmisasadist link=topic=27340.msg1733886#msg1733886 date=1286729964]
    :lol:

I hate people who move away from you if they find out you're gay, they think being gay is contagious. Ignorant assholes. It's amazing how technology has changed so much but people's minds haven't. There are still so many people out there who think inter-racial relationships are wrong. It's so sad.

[/quote]

I think I want an Asian woman to drive me around... This way bowie can hate me., since I am also sad I never found a man.  :lol:

I am more into regular gays and female lesbians.
    And affirmative action is a very nice term for racial discrimination against better-qualified white people in jobs, employment, promotions and scholarships, and college admittance.

Thread Information