Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    window period is between 2 weeks and 3 months generally speaking. with a follow up check at 6. usually a person will develop noticable antibodies at about a month or so.

the testing they do at blood banks are very accurate and sensitive and fairly trustworthy at 2-3 weeks.

the other organs are likely less available and more immediate in need. a person who needs a new heart really, really needs a new heart. a person who wants new eyes really really wants new eyes, but probably doesn't really really need them.
    Yeah. I don't think anyone who needs a cornea transplant goes without. They certainly don't die because they don't get a transplant.
    http://www.allaboutvision.com/condit...transplant.htm
    Once you and your eye doctor decide a cornea transplant is the best option for you, your name is placed on a list at a local eye bank. You may need to wait a few days to weeks for suitable tissue from a donor eye to become available for a corneal transplant.

Before a donor cornea is released for use in transplant surgery, it is checked for clarity and screened for the presence of any diseases such as hepatitis and AIDS, in accordance with the Eye Bank Association of America's strict medical standards and FDA regulations.

Only corneas that meet these stringent guidelines are used in corneal transplant surgery to ensure the health and safety of the graft recipient.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

i do think the regs are dumb though. anyone can lie about their drug shooting, anal sex having tendencies. a woman can say she has never has sex with a man who's had sex with another man since 1983, but maybe he never told her about that. it shouldn't really matter what you've done or not done because that shit is all self reported.

just test that shit and hope for the best.

kind of a different scenario with the eyes, i guess. they are plentiful because they are harvested after death, not while a body is brain dead like other organs and they deteriorate rapidly. it's not like they can wait several weeks to test them accurately.

actually, i'm not sure how long the eyes can be stored before transplant. where's mT?
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

So if they didnt know he was gay, someone would have gotten his eyes basically.

So stupid. Take his heart and other organs but heaven forbid they use the eyes.
    At least this kiddo wanted to give one last gift of life to someone.

has supermodel tits neenerneener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    I dunno, I just felt like this was one final slap in this poor child's face.
    Not to sound harsh or anything, but the kid is dead. He's not around to be offended, he never knew that his corneas were being rejected. Sooooooo. That's kind of a plus. (The being unaware part, not the *dead* part. Lol.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC
    I want to kiss your lips. Both sets.
    * wow you truly are the sterial cunt here are yo not.I fuckin hate you cunt* - Loonywop
    ★ take the sig down ★ - Loonywop

The only thing I REALLLY REALLLY don't want donated is my eyes....

I have a super super gay friend. So effiminate and he regularly donates blood. He marks straight and they don't ask questions. I asked him why and he said because its a big Fuck You and he can help people.

oh man that is awesome.

Right?! 72 years. Amazing.

Damn it. They are going to ruin marriage for everyone.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Damn it. They are going to ruin marriage for everyone.

if anyone in this state ruins marriage it will be branstache. fuck that huge, old turd. and i only use the term 'old' because the bastard was the governor in the 80s when i was a child and the shit is back in office.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...ushpmg00000046

trans people are pissed out about this video.

Not for nothing but trans people get angry about fucking everything.

Yah I thought it was pretty funny. But then again, I'm not trans.

it had nothing at all to do with gender identity. it wasn't making a point about being transgender, only about having a penis. stupid. i thought it was great with all the flopping penises. that girl is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    it had nothing at all to do with gender identity. it wasn't making a point about being transgender, only about having a penis. stupid. i thought it was great with all the flopping penises. that girl is funny.
    Yep, the trans community complains about literally everything and gets offended by everyone. Obviously not all but the high profile ones. I have a transitioning friend and she has turned from the coolest guy into the worst woman on earth.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Not for nothing but trans people get angry about fucking everything.
    I thought this EXACT same thing, and that was before I even watched it.
    That was hilarious, but I love Sarah Silverman.
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Today's sign that the apocalypse is upon us: http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/south-dak...ban-overturned

Wow. I'm impressed.
    Listen, if no one cares when a crazy noodle walks in and executes children with a gun, no one cares about anything.

We had a little discussion about the Sasha Fleischman incident at the time it happened...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/01/ma...re-iphone&_r=0

well, this is trying to happen

http://www.newsweek.com/california-a...te-gays-317047

Seeing that it is better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God's just wrath against us for the folly of tolerating wickedness in our midst, the People of California wisely command, in the fear of God, that any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method.

No person shall distribute, perform, or transmit sodomistic propaganda directly or indirectly by any means to any person under the age of majority. Sodomistic propaganda is defined as anything aimed at creating an interest in or an acceptance of human sexual relations other than between a man and a woman. Every offender shall be fined $1 million per occurrence, and/or imprisoned up to 10 years, and/or expelled from the boundaries of the state of California for up to life.

No person shall serve in any public office, nor serve in public employment, nor enjoy any public benefit, who is a sodomite or who espouses sodomistic propaganda or who belongs to any group that does.

also, who is that pray the gay away guys who revised his opinion and now says it is not a choice?

Canberra couple to divorce over gay marriage

A Canberra couple is threatening to divorce if same-sex marriage is legalised in Australia.

But Nick and Sarah Jensen, who have just celebrated their 10-year wedding anniversary, will continue to live together and refer to each other as husband and wife.

"As Christians, we believe marriage is not a human invention," Mr Jensen wrote in the Canberra City News on Thursday.

The couple view marriage as a fundamental order of creation and part of God's intimate story for human history.

"My wife and I, as a matter of conscience, refuse to recognise the government's regulation of marriage if its definition includes the solemnisation of same-sex couples," Mr Jensen said.

"If parliament voted to change the timeless and organic definition of marriage, it would have moved against the fundamental and foundational building block of Australian society and, indeed, human culture everywhere.

"Indeed, it raises a red flag when a government decides it is not content only having sovereignty over land, taxes and the military, but words themselves."

By changing the definition of marriage it would, in years to come, have an altogether different sense and purpose, Mr Jensen said.

There has been a furious response to the article from some City News readers.

"The only good thing that will come out of this is that most normal people will be rightfully outraged and disgusted and will push even harder for change," Katrina McLeod posted on the publication's Facebook site.

"Do they realise that the Bible does not allow divorce, so they will be living in sin?" said Michael Milgate.

Sandy Motorino said: "I'm sick of people pretending that there is any intellectual or ethical justification to the argument against marriage equality. If you disagree with it, you're an idiot. And you belong in the 19th century."

But Jo Church thought others were missing the point.

"They'll divorce if gay marriage becomes legal because then they'll be free to follow their hearts!" she said.

(This mess has been all over the news the past few days, thought it was worth a mention. Sorry if it's already been posted or there's somewhere better for it - phone posting is shitty)

Same Sex Couple Threaten Not To Give A Shit If Other Couple Divorces

In response to threats from a Canberra couple to divorce were equal marriage laws to pass, a local couple in a committed same-sex relationship have in turn threatened to absolutely not give the slightest shit were that to happen.

Local couple Brett and Harry have said that while they are not heterophobic and do their best to be open to all different kinds of views if this divorce does go ahead they will have no choice but to go on with their lives completely unaffected by such a dumb stunt.

“You know, it’s kind of like equal marriage laws themselves,” said Harry. “It absolutely does not affect anyone except the people directly involved. This couple divorcing because we have equal rights makes about as much impact on the rest of our lives as if they decided to wear big novelty hats if same sex marriage passes. The only difference being big novelty hats are fun and this threat is just kinda pathetic.

“It’s truly surprising that they expect other people to give the slightest shit about their relationship when clearly they don’t. If you’re willing to throw away your ten year marriage because a bit of legislation you don’t like passed maybe the thing you’re really unhappy about is your terrible marriage.

“Honestly, imagine the moment you suggest that you should break up over a piece of legislation and your partner immediately, emphatically agrees. If that happened to me I’d think we were divorcing no matter what and this is just a bit of convenient press.”

The Canberra couple are sticking to their threat saying it’s an important statement about a cause they strongly believe in.

“The only way to prove the sanctity of marriage is by threatening a frivolous divorce. By showing over what petty crap we’ll give up our own marriage really hammers home how much marriage means and how we’re the prime example of its importance.

“It reminds me of our wedding day when I looked deep into her eyes and told her that I would love her for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, provided that gay people can’t also do that.”

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article/2015/06/11/same-sex-couple-threaten-not-give-shit-if-other-couple-divorces

They got themselves uninvited from a friends wedding. Poor bigots.

That is just soooo stupid. Seriously? If they want to make a damn stand at least rail against something horrible like apartheid, child abuse, animal abuse, McDonald's not doing Shamrock shakes year round.

People are going to meet and fall in love and want to spend their lives together. Same sex, opposite sex, mixed race, whatever..You can't help who you fall in love with. Marriage is a promise. No legal piece of paper is going to stand in the way of that. These dumbasses might as well piss in the ocean to warm it up, for all the good they are doing.

"Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

Thread Information