Page 8 of 110 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIES: The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead Discussions

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blu View Post
    I started watching the first season back when, but it was hit or miss. Same with Season 2. So I decided to start over with season one and watch them all. I am up to mid season one now.

I don't know what it is, Ron. When I figure it I will let ya know. Maybe its the hit or misses through out the seasons and it will make more sense when I get it all together.

I loved the very first parts of season one because of the shooting area. There were roads and gas stations and scenes I am familiar with.
    There are places like that IRL?
    Walkers or not, that's scary!

Wonder what their cities are looking like right about now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Yep. Its being shot in the Haralson, Senioa, Woodbury area. I drive through these places almost daily. I went several months ago when they were shooting. Of course everything was blocked off, but this is being shot in real towns, Ron.

In the first episode of Season one, the street sign Rick walks under is Palmetto Cascade Pkwy. I cross that intersection at least a few times a week.

And right now the towns look normal. They arent blocked off forever. Just during shooting. And they block off small areas at a time.
    Last edited by blu; 10-22-2012 at 10:34 AM.

Yep. Its being shot in the Haralson, Senioa, Woodbury area. I drive through these places almost daily. I went several months ago when they were shooting. Of course everything was blocked off, but this is being shot in real towns, Ron.

In the first episode of Season one, the street sign Rick walks under is Palmetto Cascade Pkwy. I cross that intersection at least a few times a week.

And right now the towns look normal. They arent blocked off forever. Just during shooting. And they block off small areas at a time.
    Yea, I got that. Still saying it's an area to avoid though.

That's cool that they shoot there. Does everyone get angry or do they lose their shit with joy? I know that if they're shooting L&O or something here, the tourists are thrilled but everyone else is angry.

They put up road signs with delays when the shooting is going on. No one says anything about it that I have heard.

Ron, we are talking about towns of 5000 to 20,000 people. This isn't NYC.

I love these areas. Small, quiet, minimal crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Hell, I liked the farm.
    I have nothing against the farm! The beginning of the season was cool as the two "factions" got acclimated to one another, and I loved the Maggie/Glen arc.

But the women were pissing me off (Andrea & Laurie), I wanted to punch Carl in the throat and the whole Sophia arc was dragged out wayyy too long. Like, when you see a poor little girl turned into a zombie, amble clueless out of a barn, you're first reaction shouldn't be "THANK FUCKING GOD!!!!".
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

They put up road signs with delays when the shooting is going on. No one says anything about it that I have heard.

Ron, we are talking about towns of 5000 to 20,000 people. This isn't NYC.

I love these areas. Small, quiet, minimal crime.
    Hey, that's why I asked. I was really wondering.

I'm still shaking my head at stopping to ask every bum if they're OK. Haha.
    I mean you just think you would....not your actual stopping.

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    I have nothing against the farm! The beginning of the season was cool as the two "factions" got acclimated to one another, and I loved the Maggie/Glen arc.

But the women were pissing me off (Andrea & Laurie), I wanted to punch Carl in the throat and the whole Sophia arc was dragged out wayyy too long. Like, when you see a poor little girl turned into a zombie, amble clueless out of a barn, you're first reaction shouldn't be "THANK FUCKING GOD!!!!".
    Hahaha won't comment on that.

I loved maggie and Glen, I love that Herschel took a bit of drama to see the serious of the situation. I just really liked the 2nd season. And the latest episode was sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Hey, that's why I asked. I was really wondering.

I'm still shaking my head at stopping to ask every bum if they're OK. Haha.
    I mean you just think you would....not your actual stopping.

Hahaha won't comment on that.

I loved maggie and Glen, I love that Herschel took a bit of drama to see the serious of the situation. I just really liked the 2nd season. And the latest episode was sweet.
    Haha! Like today for example. I was driving down the road and there was man on the side of the road leaning up against his car. His gas lid was open. I knew he had run out of gas so I stopped, rolled down my window and asked him if he had help coming. Now, if he had said "no", I would have offered to go get him some gas and bring it back to him. But I would not have driven him there with me.

It is foreign to me to have bums laying around on the sidewalk. So who knows what I would do in NYC or a large city where this is frequent. I would be concerned though and possibly approach. Well, maybe not now that you have told me it is not wise to do so.

Anyway, Back to topic. I love Glen. He is the only character in the show I have grown to love. The rest I really don't care what happens to them. Maybe as I get back into it, I will start to love more of them. Meh.

Haha! Like today for example. I was driving down the road and there was man on the side of the road leaning up against his car. His gas lid was open. I knew he had run out of gas so I stopped, rolled down my window and asked him if he had help coming. Now, if he had said "no", I would have offered to go get him some gas and bring it back to him. But I would not have driven him there with me.

It is foreign to me to have bums laying around on the sidewalk. So who knows what I would do in NYC or a large city where this is frequent. I would be concerned though and possibly approach. Well, maybe not now that you have told me it is not wise to do so.

Anyway, Back to topic. I love Glen. He is the only character in the show I have grown to love. The rest I really don't care what happens to them. Maybe as I get back into it, I will start to love more of them. Meh.
    Because Glenn is the shit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...B2tM_blog.html

Glenn is the personification of the phrase git ‘er done. Need someone to spread guts all over himself in order to walk undetected through a flotilla of zombies? Glenn’s on it. Want to send someone on the equivalent of a horseback CVS run? Glenn’s your guy. And if someone has to become bait for a walker that looks like the bloated, zombie-fied equivalent of the Michelin Man, look no further than G-to-the-l-to-the-e-double-n.

Glenn is basically the “Walking Dead” equivalent of Mikey: when the metaphorical Life cereal needs to get eaten, he’s ready to report for duty, with a spoon in hand and a look of abject terror on his face. He has assumed this role without much choice in the matter, but he has done so with a certain quiet, occasionally petrified, baseball-cap-wearing dignity that makes him admirable. And, apparently to one Maggie Greene, a little bit sexy.

When Lori asked Glenn to pick up a personal item during his trip to the abandoned pharmacy, he didn’t understand what she had written down. Of course, we later realized that the brand she had requested was True Blue. Really, Glenn? You don’t know that True Blue means a pregnancy test? Ah, but I cannot chide Glenn for his relative inexperience navigating the feminine hygiene aisle because his subsequent behavior more than compensated for his ignorance.
    Last edited by Ron_NYC; 10-22-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Ron, since you asked: I thought the show went steadily downhill after the pilot (which was great). I thought the acting was poor and the scripts were awful. Every line was exposition, delivered clunkily. Nothing happened in any episodes except the last twenty seconds to establish there was a reason to watch the next one. The season finale was cheap and awful and uneventful. The second season was even worse and by all logic everyone in the cast should have died for their horrible stupidity. None of the characters are properly fleshed out and the acting remains awful. i shant watch no more.

I feel that they just put zombies in shit because they know people will watch zombies, and they don't respect the audience enough to waste time trying to make the show good.

Ron, since you asked: I thought the show went steadily downhill after the pilot (which was great). I thought the acting was poor and the scripts were awful. Every line was exposition, delivered clunkily. Nothing happened in any episodes except the last twenty seconds to establish there was a reason to watch the next one. The season finale was cheap and awful and uneventful. The second season was even worse and by all logic everyone in the cast should have died for their horrible stupidity. None of the characters are properly fleshed out and the acting remains awful. i shant watch no more.

I feel that they just put zombies in shit because they know people will watch zombies, and they don't respect the audience enough to waste time trying to make the show good.
    It's been a classic example of what works well in writing (or comic books) doesn't always translate to the screen. I feel they could have stayed true to the source material but adapted it better for television. And I agree, none of these people should have survived for as long as they have (except maybe Darryl who at least has practical skills and flexible morality).

I really like the show so now I wanna check out the comic. But will that ruin it?

I don't think the comic is very good, either. Very overrated. But no, Ron, they went in a very different direction.

I don't think the comic is very good, either. Very overrated. But no, Ron, they went in a very different direction.
    I just meant that the talk-heavy sequences were far less annoying on paper than they were on screen.

Oh for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    I just meant that the talk-heavy sequences were far less annoying on paper than they were on screen.
    Haha that's my favorite part. Yea, thanks for helping you two.

Hey, I did say that you wouldn't be spoiling the show for yourself.

Comic > show. I can't stand this show. haha

Ummm, I DEFINITELY cried at last night's episode. Holy Intense!! I don't/haven't read the comic books though so I have no idea what's coming every week. This week was crazy. I won't miss Lori's character cuz she was annoying, but good god I definitely got teary when she was saying goodbye to Carl, and the tears flowed when Rick broke down at the end.

Completely. Traumatized.
    Im not a cryer but man I got teary...
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

I am so impressed with how well this show has turned itself around. Now they need to kill Andrea. That woman is the worst actress. Just the worst. She gives that Grimm guy a run for his money, and he is terrrrrible.

I should add: I had totally give up on it, but a coworker with good taste said to just try the season 3 premiere and forget season 2. I think they're getting rid of the dead weight and that's awesome.

I am so impressed with how well this show has turned itself around. Now they need to kill Andrea. That woman is the worst actress. Just the worst. She gives that Grimm guy a run for his money, and he is terrrrrible.
    This. I wanted to slap her last night with her flirty little ways the gov'na. Ew. She's terrible.

Not to mention I feel like Lori was COMPLETELY selfish in her decision to die and let the baby live. I know that may sound terrible, but Lori's boobies were the only possible nutrition that baby can have. Now she's gone, and everyone else has to scramble to keep that baby alive, I highly doubt the stores will be stocked with baby formula. She should've known that her death = imminent death of the baby as well. I'll be surprised if they can keep that little nugget alive. Especially with an old one legged gimp slowing them down now too

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    This. I wanted to slap her last night with her flirty little ways the gov'na. Ew. She's terrible.

Not to mention I feel like Lori was COMPLETELY selfish in her decision to die and let the baby live. I know that may sound terrible, but Lori's boobies were the only possible nutrition that baby can have. Now she's gone, and everyone else has to scramble to keep that baby alive, I highly doubt the stores will be stocked with baby formula. She should've known that her death = imminent death of the baby as well. I'll be surprised if they can keep that little nugget alive. Especially with an old one legged gimp slowing them down now too
    I don't think she was being selfish, I think she probably hadn't thought it through much, given that she was being attacked by zombies and in labor. Also, I think it's pretty obvious that they're going to Woodbury next episode, where rick will clash with the governor and etc etc because we already had an exposition line that one of the women there is 'due any day', so she will obviously be a surrogate.

Up your ass should you make the mistake of pissing me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post

Not necessarily. One of the other women on the show ( Herschel's daughter for example) can develop sympathy lactation from active pituitary hormones and baby can be fed that way.

I love the show. Sure, the script could use some tweaking, but for a zombie flick it gets top marks for special effects and storyline from me.

And Lori needed to die. Her character lacked substance, and she was angry all the fucking time. T Dog? I hated it when he died. He was the quiet hero, always in the background watching to make sure bad things stayed away. He will be missed. I hate that his character wasn't brought more into focus but when he sacrificed himself I was all

Somehow Herschel has been able to last this long, who knows, maybe they'll run across a prosthetics factory in their travels
    Don't like what I have to say? I respect that. Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by kevansvault View Post
    Not necessarily. One of the other women on the show ( Herschel's daughter for example) can develop sympathy lactation from active pituitary hormones and baby can be fed that way.
    Really?? That's actually possible?? Well I guess in that case I take back my selfish comment. I honestly thought you had to develop milk ducts during pregnancy in order to produce milk. That could be interesting.

I was pretty sad about T Dog too, but what a damn hero letting Carol get away.

and wtf little asshole who let all the zombies in the prison?! I mean, I get he was bitter Rick left him to die but JEEEZZZ

that baby sure is lucky there will be a surrogate... maybe lori read the script before making her decision to die. otherwise, it was a stupid idea to save her baby. but i thought it was a dumb idea from the beginning to have it. it would make more sense if she was at least a couple of months when the zombies came... nothing you can do, but to get knocked up in the middle of the apocalypse when you don't have to be? now that's dumb.

i still like the show though.

ron: awesome post about glenn you found! sums it up precisely.

is carol really dead? die, andrea, die! she was flirty with merle too. that's just gross.

the city confuses me. why would you leave? they got their shit together. sure the governor is a murderous ass hole, but he does right by his people. where else you gonna go? wander around for eternity alone? stupid! the people there are all right, i think they just have a douchey leader. since michonne has an idea of what's going on, why not just figure out how to expose the bastard and take the city?

rip t-dog. but, they picked up another black dude, so the quota is filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Thread Information