Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIES: The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by strmmrgrrl View Post
    Hubby knew, not all along but when you heard the groaning coming out of the barn he was like "fucking finally!"

Go ahead and read the books - a good number of my friends have read them all and after the first episode, Durabont has just gone off on his own tangent.
    I kind of want to wait because the series appears to be SO different than the comic...Im gonna piss myself off with the series if I read it and it varies lol.
    Yes, I am 12
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by jeneria View Post
    The last couple of episodes have definitely been more interesting. But I'm tired of the Rick/Shane battle. I'd rather see Rick internalize the struggle than to have Shane be his external doppelganger.
    I think Shane (or as hubby calls him, "Deputy Dipshit") is slowly going insane. I get the feeling that there was some kind of "living in Rick's shadow" type of animosity/jealousy on Shane's part long before the whole Zombie meltdown [shit, I actually think he was the one that shot Rick], and when Rick came back he lost his chance at being top dog and is slowly going mad with power (or the desire for power).
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    I kind of want to wait because the series appears to be SO different than the comic...Im gonna piss myself off with the series if I read it and it varies lol.
    Yes, I am 12
    My friends have told me a bit here and there and I thought "ooh, it would have been so much better if they did that on the show" but at the same time, there are things the show did that I'm glad they strayed from the original comic (hullo Daryl!)
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I think Shane (or as hubby calls him, "Deputy Dipshit") is slowly going insane. I get the feeling that there was some kind of "living in Rick's shadow" type of animosity/jealousy on Shane's part long before the whole Zombie meltdown [shit, I actually think he was the one that shot Rick], and when Rick came back he lost his chance at being top dog and is slowly going mad with power (or the desire for power).
    I can see that, but I just think the relationship allows Rick to dodge the really tough questions and decisions. Rick gets to be Mr. White Hat while Shane loses his mind for having to deal with the complexities. It makes it hard to empathize with Rick.

I can see that, but I just think the relationship allows Rick to dodge the really tough questions and decisions. Rick gets to be Mr. White Hat while Shane loses his mind for having to deal with the complexities. It makes it hard to empathize with Rick.
    True. However I wonder if without Shane, Rick wouldn't second guess himself all the time. OR he could continue to be a pussy and they'd all be wiped out in a matter of days. I sometimes wonder if Rick is second guessing so much because he feels "late to the party" - because he missed two weeks or a month or whatever of the apocalypse.

And does anyone have any thoughts on the whole Daryl/Carol, don't be nice to me bitch arc? I found it pretty deep myself.

See I totally thought that too!! ( That Shane had a hand in Rick getting shot)
    Im really interested in how his character is morphong though...it is like he is going insane, and more of his true bad guy nature is coming out.

I TOTALLY agree, but at the same time I feel like the zombie thing is such a vehicle fo rthat kind of human existential self examination- Rick is still playing by the rules, but look at what Shane's cowboy ways did yesterday? And, SPOILER, when push came to shove, who was the one to step up and take zombie sofia out?
    I think we are supposed to see the dichotomy and the struggle because it is SO representative of humans- the struggle to rise aboive our baser nature. What wins in a crisis?
    I do love it.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

True. However I wonder if without Shane, Rick wouldn't second guess himself all the time. OR he could continue to be a pussy and they'd all be wiped out in a matter of days. I sometimes wonder if Rick is second guessing so much because he feels "late to the party" - because he missed two weeks or a month or whatever of the apocalypse.

And does anyone have any thoughts on the whole Daryl/Carol, don't be nice to me bitch arc? I found it pretty deep myself.
    I am not sure WHAT to make of that..potential love interest feels off..where do you think its going?

Shane needs to go because in the comic one of the biggest themes is Rick trying to keep his humanity in an inhumane world. Without Shane he would have to have much more emotional struggles when dealing with issues that go against his morals.

I also think he shot Sophia because he felt it was his responsibility since he blames himself for losing her.

I see Carol offing herself now.

See I totally thought that too!! ( That Shane had a hand in Rick getting shot)
    Im really interested in how his character is morphong though...it is like he is going insane, and more of his true bad guy nature is coming out.

I TOTALLY agree, but at the same time I feel like the zombie thing is such a vehicle fo rthat kind of human existential self examination- Rick is still playing by the rules, but look at what Shane's cowboy ways did yesterday? And, SPOILER, when push came to shove, who was the one to step up and take zombie sofia out?
    I think we are supposed to see the dichotomy and the struggle because it is SO representative of humans- the struggle to rise aboive our baser nature. What wins in a crisis?
    I do love it.
    I think he felt guilty all along that she got lost and felt it was up to him to take care of the inevitable. Like her blood was on no one's hands but his. Still, it was awesome that he stepped up. As much as I wanted Dale to take Shane out, I was glad he finally took control of the barn situation. I thought Dale "pussed out" but then I read someone else's take on it which was Dale didn't want to sink to Shane's level and that put it into perspective for me.

I am not sure WHAT to make of that..potential love interest feels off..where do you think its going?
    Daryl has not had anyone that actually cared a damn about him or treated him like he was anything more than the shit on their shoes. Carol showed genuine concern and appreciation for him as a person and it freaked him the fuck out. Either because he didn't know how to react or deep down his shitty brother and family have him believing he's a worthless bag of shit. OR, a little of column A and a little of column B. All I know is that grimy redneck hillbilly can shine my moon anytime he wants.
    I HOPE it's going somewhere, but as I mentioned before, I hope it's doesn't end up in some stupid "let's make another Sophia!" soap opera twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow View Post
    Shane needs to go because in the comic one of the biggest themes is Rick trying to keep his humanity in an inhumane world. Without Shane he would have to have much more emotional struggles when dealing with issues that go against his morals.

I also think he shot Sophia because he felt it was his responsibility since he blames himself for losing her.

Im
    wondering if that is why they are keeping Shane in the series? That it is easier to see Rick's struggle when it is highlighted by Shane's descent into immorality and insanity of sorts? It is hard to convey that visually I think...Excellent point though.
    Im curious to see what happens next with Carol Darryl...I like how they have so many different relationships that dont necessarily become romantic attachments

I'm not so sure now. I think she'd resigned herself already to the fact that Sophia wasn't coming back. And with the introduction of Daryl (not in the original comic, I believe?) she may have a reason to keep going on.

Im
    wondering if that is why they are keeping Shane in the series? That it is easier to see Rick's struggle when it is highlighted by Shane's descent into immorality and insanity of sorts? It is hard to convey that visually I think...Excellent point though.
    Im curious to see what happens next with Carol Darryl...I like how they have so many different relationships that dont necessarily become romantic attachments
    Yeah, this. It also lends to deeper dramatic upheaval - you can actually separate viewers into two camps - I'm sure there are those out there that love Shane and actually believe in his survival at all costs tactics- no matter whose life or moral fiber is destroyed in the process.

I have to say I was team Shane for a while...I loved his protectiveness for Lori and Carl at first...
    It is, as Jen said- Rick is coming off too wishy washy, and less heroic. It is probably far more effective and realistic, but less romantic

I have to say I was team Shane for a while...I loved his protectiveness for Lori and Carl at first...
    It is, as Jen said- Rick is coming off too wishy washy, and less heroic. It is probably far more effective and realistic, but less romantic
    He definitely comes off as wishy washy but I still think that goes back to him starting "late" with the whole zombie thing. Like in some hairy situations he actually looks like a wobbly toddler taking his first steps. It's like Shane has an edge on him as it relates to transforming who you are to survive in this new, volatile world.

Something finally interesting happens and we're cut off til February.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    Something finally interesting happens and we're cut off til February.
    Bastards I definitely feel there's going to be some kind of all out war between Shane and Rick.

What I don't get is why didn't Herschel say anything about the fact that there was a little girl in the barn that whole time?? I mean, he had to go out and "catch" her when she was stuck in the mud, so then he brings her back to his "Barn O' the Dead" while this group of people are out searching everyday for a little girl that exact same age? I would think the bells and whistles would go off in Herschel's head and he'd be like "Well I want these assholes gone, and they're not gonna leave until they find this little girl, so BAM! here she is as a zombie. Peace out!" But I guess that would be way less dramatic. That was a good little twist though when she came out of the barn!

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    What I don't get is why didn't Herschel say anything about the fact that there was a little girl in the barn that whole time?? I mean, he had to go out and "catch" her when she was stuck in the mud, so then he brings her back to his "Barn O' the Dead" while this group of people are out searching everyday for a little girl that exact same age? I would think the bells and whistles would go off in Herschel's head and he'd be like "Well I want these assholes gone, and they're not gonna leave until they find this little girl, so BAM! here she is as a zombie. Peace out!" But I guess that would be way less dramatic. That was a good little twist though when she came out of the barn!
    Apparently there was a preview in the following show's commercials that had Hershel explain that Otis must have grabbed her and did so before Carl was even shot.

oooh that makes sense! Thanks!

I think it was also great how Rick had to put down Sophia. No one else had the balls to do it and it solidified his place as the leader. Rick had to step forward from behind Shane, Andrea, T-Dog, and Darryl. Ones you would think didn't have any compassion and would have shot her at first site. I'm not saying Rick isn't compassionate. What he did was a twisted form of compassion by putting Sophia down.

I'm not sure if what Shane and the gun gang did to Hershels undead family will seperate them all that much. Because they were so stunned by seeing someone they knew as a geek it might have turned on something inside of them to understand why Hershel was keeping his loved ones locked up. Though from the preview for the next half of the season, it does look like Hershel will have many questions to answer.

I think it was also great how Rick had to put down Sophia. No one else had the balls to do it and it solidified his place as the leader. Rick had to step forward from behind Shane, Andrea, T-Dog, and Darryl. Ones you would think didn't have any compassion and would have shot her at first site. I'm not saying Rick isn't compassionate. What he did was a twisted form of compassion by putting Sophia down.

I'm not sure if what Shane and the gun gang did to Hershels undead family will seperate them all that much. Because they were so stunned by seeing someone they knew as a geek it might have turned on something inside of them to understand why Hershel was keeping his loved ones locked up. Though from the preview for the next half of the season, it does look like Hershel will have many questions to answer.
    I admit, Hershel is infinitely more interesting to me than the others after the last two episodes. I mean, we know it's a virus and that there logically should be a cure. But would that cure turn zombies back into people or not? I find it all so fascinating.

I don't care about Lori, her spawn, Carl, or Rick. I just don't. They haven't given me a reason to. One of the problems for me is that in a world like this, shouldn't every death be significant? And yet, I find myself not caring if T-Dog or Dale or Carol or Lorie et al were to die. The only characters I'd miss are Darryl, Shane, Glen, or Maggie. In a post-apocalyptic world, it seems like I should care more about what is a very small group of people. I actually keep forgetting that T-Dog is even there until he shows up and then I'm like "Oh hey! That guy's back."

I admit, Hershel is infinitely more interesting to me than the others after the last two episodes. I mean, we know it's a virus and that there logically should be a cure. But would that cure turn zombies back into people or not? I find it all so fascinating.

I don't care about Lori, her spawn, Carl, or Rick. I just don't. They haven't given me a reason to. One of the problems for me is that in a world like this, shouldn't every death be significant? And yet, I find myself not caring if T-Dog or Dale or Carol or Lorie et al were to die. The only characters I'd miss are Darryl, Shane, Glen, or Maggie. In a post-apocalyptic world, it seems like I should care more about what is a very small group of people. I actually keep forgetting that T-Dog is even there until he shows up and then I'm like "Oh hey! That guy's back."
    You're absolutely right that a lot of the characters are pretty much dispensible. That's a huge fault in the writing. Whoever the writers are now should really try to help the viewers connect with the characters instead of putting in small little stories about putting Glen down a well. Dale and Andrea deserve better than they've been given.

Did anyone see the most recent "Talking Dead" episode where they have the Daryl character? They asked him about what might happen if they bring back his older racist brother and he said that WILL be interesting (something along those lines). The TV/Comic book guys were also on the show and they stayed a little quiet. I had the feeling that Daryl wasn't supposed to say anything about his bro potentially coming back.

Apparently there was a preview in the following show's commercials that had Hershel explain that Otis must have grabbed her and did so before Carl was even shot.
    When they were struggling to get the zombies out of the mud, didnt Hershel say that this used to be what Otis did? ( getting the zombies into the barn)
    Even if further exposition was cut that totally clicked why Hershel wouldnt know who exactly was in the barn.

When they were struggling to get the zombies out of the mud, didnt Hershel say that this used to be what Otis did? ( getting the zombies into the barn)
    Even if further exposition was cut that totally clicked why Hershel wouldnt know who exactly was in the barn.
    Yes he did. Hershel said he hadn't been doing it long because it used to be Otis' job. Otis would have been the one to put Sophia in the barn so Hershel probably never saw her.

Quote Originally Posted by mydeathspace View Post
    Did anyone see the most recent "Talking Dead" episode where they have the Daryl character? They asked him about what might happen if they bring back his older racist brother and he said that WILL be interesting (something along those lines). The TV/Comic book guys were also on the show and they stayed a little quiet. I had the feeling that Daryl wasn't supposed to say anything about his bro potentially coming back.

same feeling here and that when the time came there will be a big fight( or some words like that) That he has bonded with the group but thats his brother. I think Daryll will end up killing his brother in the end.

Thread Information