Page 12 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: ZOMBIES: The Walking Dead & Fear The Walking Dead Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    \

The zombie's weren't fighting each other, the were chained to the outside of the "ring" where the two dudes were fighting. As if to make them believe the loser would potentially become zombie dinner, but the gov'na said they pulled all their teeth anyway so nothing would happen
    Good lord, thanks for clearing that up. I was half asleep during that part and had a couple of drinks last night (I'm a total light weight). Basically, I need to re-watch some of this. I thought the guys were fighting the zombies. I saw the teeth pulling part. Bleah - that was hard to watch - even on a zombie!

I agree. But he better get it together.

He does fantastic crazy eyes.

Damnit. I tried to quote Ron in my last post but it didn't work. No more phone posting for me.

Andrea is such a toolbag. No patience for bimbolinas.
    How did she not say anything about walkers being dangerous despite not having teeth? She saw Dale get ripped apart by a walker's bony hands...how do you neglect to mention that in those circumstances?
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan
    Quote Originally Posted by aquatwins View Post
    I WILL STICK MY DICK IN YOUR HEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Fixed.

And yea, I'd be a staying-with-the-governor motherfucker. Are you kidding me!?!
    this. i think that's the first sane thing andrea did. i would've stayed. honestly, i don't think, from andrea's perspective, that there is any reason to leave. the town seems nice. it would be stupid to leave on micchone's crazy paranoia. as viewers, we see that the governor is nuts, but to andrea, the only indication is the use of dead things to blow off steam in a zombie apocalypse. totally justifiable (though incredibly brutal), if you ask me.

that being said, this episode pissed me off. you all make good points

- why not have a baby contingency plan, considering it was pretty much a given that lori would have to have a c-section, which is dangerous in itself, let alone without a hospital and drugs.

- why dig graves for dead people who's bodies you don't have? who's in those graves? t-dog, maybe, but there's no lori or carol under those mounds. symbolic? perhaps. why not just stick a cross in the ground and save yourself some work?

- the zombie cage match? meh. fine. the zombie daughter... why the fuck include this? it was done to death last season.

the zombie ate lori? i must have missed that, but i don't understand why it would've bothered if she was already dead. don't they go for live meat? i was hoping for a zombie lori to come after rick with her uterus hanging out and rick having to put her down after a touching moment. i'm sick like that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

Maggie mentioned she and Lori had been looking for formula for months, but hadnt found any .Everything had been looted.
    I didnt get the digging graves part...unless they figured they would go back to retrieve the bodies and there just wasnt much if anything found. Maybe they found Lori's head and buried it or something.
    The governor and that whole community came off as very "Lord of the Flies" savage with the zombie fighting ring - staged or no.

I cant figure out Michonne. I like that she is such a badass, but with all the character development we have seen , I guess she sticks out because we know NOTHING about her from the perspective of the viewers.
    You're entitled to your own opinions. You're not entitled to your own facts.- D. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by Monter View Post
    Maggie mentioned she and Lori had been looking for formula for months, but hadnt found any .Everything had been looted.
    I didnt get the digging graves part...unless they figured they would go back to retrieve the bodies and there just wasnt much if anything found. Maybe they found Lori's head and buried it or something.
    The governor and that whole community came off as very "Lord of the Flies" savage with the zombie fighting ring - staged or no.

I cant figure out Michonne. I like that she is such a badass, but with all the character development we have seen , I guess she sticks out because we know NOTHING about her from the perspective of the viewers.
    they sure did get lucky that they found a nursery then!

i fully expect everything to be harsh and savage at the end of the world. i find no fault in that. they're dead things. who cares if macho guys get all gladiator with them! eventually society will even out once the zombie threat is neutralized.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by animosity View Post
    this. i think that's the first sane thing andrea did. i would've stayed. honestly, i don't think, from andrea's perspective, that there is any reason to leave. the town seems nice. it would be stupid to leave on micchone's crazy paranoia. as viewers, we see that the governor is nuts, but to andrea, the only indication is the use of dead things to blow off steam in a zombie apocalypse. totally justifiable (though incredibly brutal), if you ask me.

the zombie ate lori? i must have missed that, but i don't understand why it would've bothered if she was already dead. don't they go for live meat? i was hoping for a zombie lori to come after rick with her uterus hanging out and rick having to put her down after a touching moment. i'm sick like that though.
    We've seen the walkers feasting on animal carcasses since the beginning. Living doesn't mean anything.

And I ain't much for camping, hunting, or anything outdoorsy in general. Hell YES I am going to stay put in the first thing resembling a city. Hell, even Merle seems neutered. I can sleep without having one eye open!

they sure did get lucky that they found a nursery then!

i fully expect everything to be harsh and savage at the end of the world. i find no fault in that. they're dead things. who cares if macho guys get all gladiator with them! eventually society will even out once the zombie threat is neutralized.
    I was under the impression that place was a day care of some sort, because of all the handprint thingys on the wall. I was totally expecting a bunch of kid zombies trying to get at those two but getting stuck behind the half-door. What a ripoff. But I bet they would get letters from pearl-clutchers if they slaughtered a bunch of kids. Zombies or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    We've seen the walkers feasting on animal carcasses since the beginning. Living doesn't mean anything.

And I ain't much for camping, hunting, or anything outdoorsy in general. Hell YES I am going to stay put in the first thing resembling a city. Hell, even Merle seems neutered. I can sleep without having one eye open!

I was under the impression that place was a day care of some sort, because of all the handprint thingys on the wall. I was totally expecting a bunch of kid zombies trying to get at those two but getting stuck behind the half-door. What a ripoff. But I bet they would get letters from pearl-clutchers if they slaughtered a bunch of kids. Zombies or not.
    i guess it will always remain a mystery why they'll eat dead things but not each other. i wonder what happens when a dead thing wakes up a zombie while other zombies are eating it. do they stop eating? ahhhh. the mysteries of life/death.

i'm officially dubbing this the episode of missed opportunities.

i love, love, love this show - just not this episode.

Well, they sort of explained why zombies don't attack each other. They identify by smell. Which was why Michionne had her 'pets'. They could slide by zombie packs easier with the pets.

Well, they sort of explained why zombies don't attack each other. They identify by smell. Which was why Michionne had her 'pets'. They could slide by zombie packs easier with the pets.
    They demonstrated that principle in the first season when they were escaping Atlanta.

i remember that, but the smell doesn't happen right away. if they kept chowing down on dead people who were about to become zombies but didn't yet smell like zombies, there would be no zombies. i always thought it was more along the lines of sensing a lack of vitals or something. like no co2 to come after or no heat or pulse.

aye me! i'm putting way too much thought into this.

I really want to know who those two pets were from her past, by the way.

i read somewhere that it was her boyfriend and other friend, i think.

i read somewhere that it was her boyfriend and other friend, i think.
    Boyfriend?
    Seems like she's more into fish, not hot dogs.

i guess this is what i read, from the comic wikipedia:

Michonne reveals that she was previously a lawyer coming out of a marriage, in which she lost all her children. At first, she appears to have suffered from some kind of trauma or mental illness, often carrying on conversations with herself when she was alone. Michonne would converse with her deceased boyfriend, as Andrea first notices in the prison. Michonne later admits to Rick that she has imaginary conversations with her dead boyfriend to keep herself from breaking down, as a coping mechanism to deal with the horror of the real world. In return, Rick shows her a rotary telephone he used to "call" his wife, Lori, making Michonne feel much better about her mental health.
    but i think it's been said that they were dear to her heart in some aspect. i actually never got the impression she was into girls.

Michonne reveals that she was previously a lawyer coming out of a marriage, in which she lost all her children. At first, she appears to have suffered from some kind of trauma or mental illness, often carrying on conversations with herself when she was alone. Michonne would converse with her deceased boyfriend, as Andrea first notices in the prison. Michonne later admits to Rick that she has imaginary conversations with her dead boyfriend to keep herself from breaking down, as a coping mechanism to deal with the horror of the real world. In return, Rick shows her a rotary telephone he used to "call" his wife, Lori, making Michonne feel much better about her mental health.
    but i think it's been said that they were dear to her heart in some aspect. i actually never got the impression she was into girls.

Yeah, it was her fiance and his best friend.
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

I agree.
    Ron, you are falling into the trap of stereotyping. Badass, independent female who doesnt fall for macho crap does not equal lesbian.

I agree.
    Ron, you are falling into the trap of stereotyping. Badass, independent female who doesnt fall for macho crap does not equal lesbian.

I agree.
    Whaaaat, no way. I am going to back Ron here. I assumed she and Andrea had been scissoring for the past eight months.

Also they have branched off from the comic book so it doesn't mean that will be those zombies' story.

Whaaaat, no way. I am going to back Ron here. I assumed she and Andrea had been scissoring for the past eight months.

Also they have branched off from the comic book so it doesn't mean that will be those zombies' story.
    Yea, that argument at the gate definitely seemed more like a couples fight than friends arguing. Maybe the director/producers/writers were trying to give their relationship some kind of ambiguity, but...yea, that was a couple fight.

Even if I'm wrong, it's definitely something they were going for/hinting at.

You really think so? I see nothing about Michonne that indicates she is romantically interested in Andrea . and Andrea can't hop on a powerful guy's dick fast enough. I could be totAlly wrong of course....

You really think so? I see nothing about Michonne that indicates she is romantically interested in Andrea . and Andrea can't hop on a powerful guy's dick fast enough. I could be totAlly wrong of course....
    HELL YES!

Andrea was more like "why you gotta be like this? I love this place, don't do this to meee! Don't do this to us!" not "I like this place, and we need to stay."

Replace that with powerful people instead of powerful men, and I agree.

Maybe....
    I guess in the context. of surviving as the lAst people on earth, id hope relationships could have differing levels.

Thread Information