Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Paige Johnson (17) was found dead almost ten years after going missing

not really much of an update, but...

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...-Markham-found
    Missing Ky. girl's mom cried when Markham was found
    Apr. 11, 2013 |
    Written by
    Terry DeMio

The mother of missing teen Paige Johnson covered her eyes and sobbed when she learned that remains of Katelyn Markham were found.

?I cried my eyes out,? Donna Johnson of Walton said Thursday. ?I was sad. It?s sad ? but finally, some closure for them. I know how that is, just waiting and waiting and waiting.?

Paige was 17 and the mother of a 2-year-old when she was reported missing in Covington on Sept. 23, 2010.

An acquaintance of hers, Jacob T. Bumpass, told police he dropped off the teen at about 1 a.m. at 15th Street and Scott Boulevard, but phone records place him near Paige's Florence home at that time.

Her sister, who lived in Covington, later reported Paige missing.

Like with Markham, news of Paige?s disappearance attracted media coverage nationwide.

Covington Police and Kenton County Commonwealth?s Attorney Rob Sanders have vowed to never stop looking for her.

Detectives still receive information about Paige?s disappearance, Police Chief Spike Jones said Thursday, adding, ?We are still looking into it.?

Donna Johnson has been active in supporting other parents with missing children, mainly by posting information on Facebook.

But when she heard about Markham?s disappearance almost a year after Paige vanished, Johnson was moved to do more.

She and a friend went to Ohio to volunteer when a national search group from Texas led teams looking for Markham.

Johnson said she felt a kinship to the 21-year-old Fairfield woman?s family though they?d never met, and she wanted to try to find her.

?I just knew how they were feeling,? Johnson said, ?and the desperation they were going through.?

Johnson no longer believes that her daughter is alive. She said detectives have assured her they are not giving up on finding Paige and bringing her home.

These days, Johnson finds joy in caring for her other children and grandchildren and visiting with Paige?s daughter, Makenzie, who lives with her dad and paternal grandparents.

Makenzie will turn 5 in June.

?She?s looking more and more like her mother every day,? Johnson said. ?I am so lucky to have her. To hold her.

?It?s a part of Paige that I can touch.?

FLORENCE, Ky. - Hope was momentarily renewed in the search for information regarding the disappearance of Paige Johnson Saturday when a tip led police to an old cistern in Latonia, Ky.

However, police called off their search around 4:30 p.m. after finding little more than a collection of animal bones, pieces of broken pottery and disappointment during their day-long search.

Johnson has been missing since Sept. 23, 2010. She was 17 years old at the time of her disappearance.

Police were acting on a tip that Johnson's body might have been dumped in an old cistern located at the former site of a pottery store called Paint Yourself Silly. The owner, Lisa Little, held a vigil for Paige Johnson not long after she went missing in October 2010. The store closed not long after the vigil was held.

Paige Johnson's cousin, Alisa Johnson, stopped by along with other relatives to check out the Decoursey Avenue scene.

"We are never giving up," Alisha Johnson said.

While the family and friends of Paige Johnson held out hope that the mystery surrounding her disappearance would finally be solved, Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney Rob Sanders wasn't quite so optimistic.

"This is a tip out of left field compared to all the information Covington police have gathered so far so I don't hold out a lot of hope," Sanders said during the early portion of the search.

Sanders said the officers did find bones during they investigation but they didn't appear to be human remains.

"It's confirmed to be some sort of animal bone, don't know what kind of animal," Sanders said during the search. "In an abundance of caution, they are going to keep digging and sift through all of it to make sure there's no human remains mixed in with these animal remains that have already been found."

Even though Saturday's effort was called off, the search for Paige Johnson hasn't been. Sanders said his office will get back to looking for leads in the case.

"We will leave no stone unturned…We will move on to the next step of the investigation which is looking for more leads."

Are there any updates to this case?

It’s the 9 year anniversary of her going missing. I don’t see any new info being released.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Her remains were found

https://people.com/crime/paige-johns...vanished-2010/

Remains of Ky. Teen Who Vanished 10 Years Ago Found ? and 'Multiple Witnesses' Aren't Cooperating

Covington Police say 17-year-old Paige Johnson?s remains were found Sunday morning near Williamsburg Township in Clermont County, near East Fork State Park.
    By Christine Pelisek
    March 25, 2020

Paige Johnson KENTUCKY STATE POLICE
    The remains of a Kentucky teen were found 10 years after she disappeared.
    Covington Police say 17-year-old Paige Johnson?s remains were found Sunday morning near Williamsburg Township in Clermont County, near East Fork State Park.
    ?Officially it is a missing persons investigation,? Covington Police Lt. Col. Brian R. Valenti tells PEOPLE. ?It is being investigated to see if we can come up with homicide charges. That is what we are trying to figure out with the analysis of her remains.?

?We are working everything we possibly can, every angle we can,? he adds. ?Hopefully we will be able to come up with some answers.?
    According to FOX19, Johnson was last seen alive on Sept. 23, 2010 with a friend who said he dropped her off on a street in Covington.
    ?We have had conflicting reports of where she was last seen,? Valenti says. ?We have an idea who she was with. The person hasn?t been cooperating nor have they for the last 10 years.?
    Finding out what happened to Johnson has been a huge priority for the police.
    ?We have followed up on I can?t tell you how many leads,? Valenti says. ?It has been passed on from investigator to investigator because of retirement or promotions. We have done a lot to figure out what happened. Her missing posters are still posted here and there around the city.?

One thing police never believed was that she was a runaway. As the years passed, they realized she was most likely not alive.
    ?We hoped for the best for years, but as time went on it was clear it wasn?t going to be the case,? Valenti says. ?We suspected for quite some time she passed away years ago. We haven?t believed for a long time she was alive but we had no idea where exactly she was.?
    At a Wednesday afternoon press conference, Kenton County Commonwealth Prosecutor Rob Sanders voiced his frustration about the lack of cooperation in the case.
    ?There were multiple witnesses that either refused to cooperate with police, lied to police [or] told police half stories,? he said. ?It was a very frustrating investigation.?
    Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE?s free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

Sanders said that someone even made a false claim that led police to dig ?a hole the size of an Olympic-sized swimming pool? searching for Paige?s remains.
    ?That is the kind of frustration investigators have been dealing with all along,? he said.
    He added: ?There are people out there that have more information and knowledge about what happened to Paige and those are people we will be looking to talk to again. And I suspect there are probably at least a couple of people out there that ought to be pretty nervous right about now.
    ?And I am glad, because those are the people that could have brought some compassion and answers to Paige?s family along time ago. And they chose not to do that, so those are the people that ought to be worried right now,? he said.

I cannot believe they finally found her.

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

Curious to know how she died....hopefully they will be able to find out. It's been so long.

Quote Originally Posted by marakisses View Post
    yes i said i will leave it under you storage he said cuddle with me i said shut up it over??? what am i doing wrong??
    Quote Originally Posted by curiouscat View Post
    Happy Birthday! I hid a dead body in your backyard to celebrate. Good luck finding it under the cement. You can only use a stick to look for it.

https://people.com/crime/paige-johns...spect-charged/

Nearly ten years after being identified as the prime suspect in her disappearance, a 32-year-old man has been indicted in Kentucky in connection with the death of 17-year-old Paige Johnson, PEOPLE confirms.

The charges against Jacob Bumpass come four months after the body of Johnson was discovered near Williamsburg Township in Clermont County.

Johnson, who had a baby daughter, was last seen alive on Sept. 23, 2010, as she was leaving a party with friends.

Bumpass, according to investigators, also attended the party. He was 22 at the time, investigators said at a press conference announcing the indictment.

Bumpass allegedly told police in 2010 he dropped Johnson off at a residence in Covington, Kentucky, around 1 a.m.

Johnson lived in nearby Florence.

Bumpass has been charged with tampering with physical evidence and abuse of a corpse. He is not charged with murder.

Investigators alleged at the press conference there were holes in Bumpass' story about dropping Johnson off, and that he has been questioned several times over the last decade about Johnson's disappearance.

At this point, officials still do not know how Johnson died, which precludes the filing of homicide or murder charges.

Speaking to WLWT, Johnson's sister, Brittany Haywood, expressed relief that, after years of hoping, there has been an arrest.

"I am so happy." Haywood told the station. "It's been tears of joy all day to know that he's behind bars."

Johnson's mother, Donna Johnson, added that a conviction can't bring her daughter back, but said the arrest was a step in the right direction.

This reminds me of another case and i know it's on here but don't remember her name. She was at a party got a ride from a friend, she was smoking a cigarette and he went to feed the horse came back and the house was on fire, but her boots were still there. I knows she texted her ex\ bf to pick her up she was scared but he as at work. I know it was on ID Still A Mystery but can't find it. Anyone remember her name? Just want to read up on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I think you're talking about Brookelyn Farthing http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...light=farthing
    That's it! Thank you so much! You're the best!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to raisedbywolves again.

Quote Originally Posted by SalVal View Post
    https://people.com/crime/paige-johns...spect-charged/

This reminds me of another case and i know it's on here but don't remember her name. She was at a party got a ride from a friend, she was smoking a cigarette and he went to feed the horse came back and the house was on fire, but her boots were still there. I knows she texted her ex\ bf to pick her up she was scared but he as at work. I know it was on ID Still A Mystery but can't find it. Anyone remember her name? Just want to read up on the case.
    I thought of the same case. I think it was also in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by raisedbywolves View Post
    I think you're talking about Brookelyn Farthing http://mydeathspace.com/vb/showthrea...light=farthing
    Now THAT'S pretty amazing. You remember that name from 7 years ago???
    You are talking to a woman who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe.
    ...Collector of Chairs. Reader of Books. Hater of Nutmeg...

Bumpass was found guilty on some counts. Faces 4 years.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/jacob-b...dict/44611601#

CLERMONT COUNTY, Ohio —
    Jacob Bumpass, 35, the man charged in connection with the disappearance of Florence teenage Paige Johnson, has been found guilty by a jury on charges of abuse of a corpse and tampering with evidence

Never have I been a blue, calm sea...I have always been a storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angiebla View Post
    Bumpass was found guilty on some counts. Faces 4 years.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/jacob-b...dict/44611601#
    Ugh. Four years. At least they got him on something.

Thread Information