Missing Country: USA
    Sex: Female
    DOB: 29/Aug/1993
    Age Now: 17
    Specific Details:
    Hair: Lt brown Eye Color: Brown
    Height: 5'1" Weight: 110lbs
    Race: White language: n/a
    Special Facts: Paige's ears, tongue, and navel are pierced and she has highlights in her hair. The teen was last seen wearing a multicolored jacket and jeans.

Known Circumstances:

COVINGTON, Ky. -- Police have issued an alert Friday for a teen missing from Covington for more than a week.

Investigators said 17-year-old Paige Johnson was last seen in the area of Scott and 15th streets and reported missing Sept. 23.

ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT

Covington Police Department (Kentucky) 1-859-292-2222 or

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

COVINGTON, Ky. -- Police have issued an alert Friday for a teen missing from Covington for more than a week.

Investigators said 17-year-old Paige Johnson was last seen in the area of Scott and 15th streets and reported missing Sept. 23.

The Florence girl's mother said her daughter always checks in on a daily basis but has not been doing that.

Police said the situation was now critical because the leads they have followed have not checked out.

Witnesses said Johnson was dropped off in Covington by an undisclosed male, but police said he "is now being less than 100 percent forthcoming."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/25244262/detail.html

http://www.helpfindmychild.net/paige-johnson
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: To make links active

Re: Paige Johnson 17 missing since Sept. 23,2010

I really really hope she is found soon and especially alive. Everytime I see a missing persons for a young person I think of Brittany Drexall and Kyron. :-(
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant Toaster View Post
    I really really hope she is found soon and especially alive. Everytime I see a missing persons for a young person I think of Brittany Drexall and Kyron. :-(
    me too,she has a 2 year old daughter as well. what's odd is she went missing on the 23 and she wasn't reported missing until oct. 1
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 01:05 AM.
    I won't feel sorry for me, I'm getting drunk
    But I'd much rather be somewhere with you

Quote Originally Posted by rachy View Post
    me too,she has a 2 year old daughter as well. what's odd is she went missing on the 23 and she wasn't reported missing until oct. 1
    A lot of these cases seem to be doing that.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Because 99% of the time, missing teenagers are treated as runaways. Even with this one, they only upgraded to missing/endangered because the male was acting shady and nothing he said was checking out.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 01:06 AM.
    Lurker checking in.

I know a few of Paige's relatives. Her step sister was posting Paige's photo up about a week before I started seeing the news posting about it. I really hope she returns safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheara View Post
    I know a few of Paige's relatives. Her step sister was posting Paige's photo up about a week before I started seeing the news posting about it. I really hope she returns safe.
    i hope she's found too.
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 01:07 AM.

Tips Fail To Lead Police To Missing Florence Teen
    Police Find No Evidence Of Crime In Disappearance

COVINGTON, Ky. -- Police have received a steady stream of tips about a missing Florence teenager, but so far they haven't located the girl.

Investigators said 17-year-old Paige Johnson was last seen Sept. 23 in the area of Scott and 15th streets and reported missing.

Witnesses said Johnson was dropped off in Covington by an undisclosed male, but police said they found reason to doubt his account of events.

However, police said, they have found no evidence that a crime has been committed in the girl's disappearance.

Police received reports Thursday that Johnson was at an Over-The-Rhine apartment, but officers found no one at the Vine Street residence.

Newport police also responded Thursday afternoon to another report that turned out to be a false alarm.

A Covington police spokesman said they had no evidence that Johnson had been kidnapped or abducted, and the teen remained classified as missing.

Johnson was described as 5 feet 1 inch tall and about 110 pounds, and she was last seen wearing a multicolored jacket and jeans.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to call police at 859-292-2222 or the Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/25320103/detail.html
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: To make links active

Northern Kentucky family is expanding the search for a missing loved one. 17-year-old Paige Johnson of Florence disappeared on September 23rd, but her family is holding out hope they will find her. But Covington Police say some sources of information are drying up.

Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story.

Paige Johnson was reportedly last seen at 15th and Scott in Covington... dropped off by a friend. Now that friend and Paige Johnson's boyfriend have hired attorneys and are not being as helpful as they were at first. Every street corner in Covington seems to have a flier asking for help finding Paige Johnson. They're starting to pop up all over... even in Cincinnati.

Donna Johnson, Paige Johnson's Mother: "We put them in Florence, Newport, Ludlow, we're even going to put some in Walton. We're trying to put them anywhere they might have seen her."

Johnson has been missing 18 days. The fliers have given police some tips, but nothing specific about her whereabouts.

Lt. Col. Spike Jones, Covington Police: "DO YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'RE GETTING FULL COOPERATION FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT'S GONE ON WITH HER? Well we have received a lot of cooperation from some folks. As you know one individual has obtained and attorney...did obtain an attorney."

That was the last person known to have seen Paige Johnson, reportedly here at 15th and Scott in Covington.

"That's supposedly. We don't even know if she made it to 15th and Scott. That's just the friend who gave her a ride and said he dropped her off. But we don't know."

Jenny Roderick, Paige Johnson's Grandmother: "We don't know why they're getting lawyers. We don't understand why they're getting lawyers. {DONNA} We're kind of curious ourselves why they did get lawyers. That scares us, too. We don't know."

Police are still handling this as a missing persons case. There is no criminal investigation.

"We're very confident we'll locate Paige."

Paige Johnson has a two-year-old daughter. The baby is with the father's family. Police say he is not suspected of any involvement with her disappearance.

Paige Johnson is 5'1'' tall....110 pounds with light brown hair with highlights. She has pierced ears... and a pierced tongue and navel.

Family-friends and even strangers are using Facebook to help find Paige Johnson. Dozens of people have posted the flier about the missing girl on their pages and there is a group now dedicated to finding Paige.

If you see Paige or know where she is, call the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The number is 1-800-843-5678. Or 1-800-THE-LOST.

http://www.local12.com/news/local/st...-pFJl2b4w.cspx
    Last edited by nestlequikie; 09-20-2011 at 01:03 AM. Reason: To make links active

Paige Johnson (17) missing from Covington, KY

Never done this before, so here it goes:

The search continues for a Northern Kentucky missing teen and it's taken on a new dimension. Friends of 17-year-old Paige Johnson are rapidly spreading the word online through social media.

Her image and description are continuously being posted and re-posted on Facebook. And officials are getting in on the act. Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story.

Paige Johnson was last seen three weeks Thursday. The good news, is by now the entire community is aware she's disappeared. They know what she looks like and who to call if they have any information.

On the streets of Covington where Paige Johnson may have disappeared, her image is posted everywhere. Stop anyone on the street and they know the facts... her age, size and physical description. On Facebook, groups are now dedicated to spreading the word. The flier is posted and re-posted hundreds of times. Social Media consultant Krista Neher says she's never seen Facebook used to help find someone but thinks it's a brilliant use of the media. “Actually more people check facebook every day than listen to the radio or read a newspaper. So if you think about it, it's the milk carton for today. Why did missing people go on a milk carton? Because the milk carton was in everyone's home.”

A posting on Facebook also comes from a friend, lending authenticity and urgency that a flier on a pole may not. Prosecutor Rob Sanders is using the same media to spread the word about Johnson. He says cases like this often are broken when an innocent person overhears a conversation or stumbles into something. “If somebody that stumbles across that information happens to have seen the poster come across their Facebook page or Twitter account they'll know they're talking about this missing girl and we need to call police. And that's what we're hoping happens. “

Sanders says they are also monitoring Facebook to see if Paige logs in. She was an avid user and her last known contact was a message sent on Facebook. “There was, close in time to when Paige went missing there was a message left on a Facebook page. I don't know that that person got a chance to return that message.” That last message was essentially, “Call me, it's important.”

Police are not sure if she was in trouble and aren't speculating. The prosecutors office has subpoenaed phone and internet records of the last few people to interact with Paige Johnson. They are gathering information but have not opened a criminal case.

If you have any information about Paige Johnson, there are two number you can call. Contact Covington Police at 859-292-2222. You can also contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

I tried finding a Myspace or Facebook for her, but wasn't sure on anything.

Re: Paige Johnson (17) missing from Covington, KY

This is already posted in the Missing Persons without Myspace profile section.
    Lurker checking in.

http://www.local12.com/content/break...hCKkOsOvg.cspx
    Jacob Bumpass' Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000205477221&ref=search

Last Person To Be Seen With Missing Teen Is In Jail

Local 12 has uncovered some startling new information about the disappearance of a 17-year-old Northern Kentucky girl. Court records fill in some gaps and identify the 22-year-old man that police have said was the last to see Paige Johnson alive. The records also raise some serious questions about his story that he dropped her off on a Covington street three weeks ago today. Local 12's Joe Webb has been following the story.

Yesterday we told you how this story has taken on a life of its own on Facebook. This morning a Channel 12 producer spotted Jacob Bumpass's name on a Facebook post, identifying him as the last person to see Paige Johnson. After some checking, we found out Bumpass has drawn a lot of attention from Covington Police who've got search warrants for his home, a car and his cell phone... all in efforts to find Johnson.

22-year-old Jacob Bumpass has been locked up in the Kenton County jail since October 4th for a parole violation. He was arrested after Covington Police showed up at his Latonia home to question him about Paige. According to an affidavit for a search warrant, they were told he was with her the night she disappeared and had given her alcohol. In the same affidavit, Detective Brian Frodge says Bumpass ran when police announced who they were but they caught him. He let them inside the home, where Frodge says he saw what he thought was dried blood on a sink and a latex glove. Bumpass refused to talk.

Police also got a search warrant for a car. According to the search warrants, police obtained Jacob Bumpass's cell phone records from Cincinnati Bell. They tracked the movement of his phone the morning Paige disappeared.

Bumpass says he dropped her off at 15th and Scott about 1 a.m. The cell phone records show he, or at least his phone, was somewhere else. The affidavit says at 1:03 that morning Bumpass' phone accessed or pinged a cell phone tower on Tanner's Lane in Florence, a few blocks from Johnson's home. At 1:32 it pinged from a tower in Wilder... the one closest to Bumpass' home. Just before 3 a.m., his phone pinged on a tower in Edgewood and at 4:13 a.m., it pinged on a tower on Filager Road in Batavia. Five minutes later there is a hit on a tower on Half-Acre Road near the entrance to East Fork Lake State Park.  At 9:43 the phone was back near the Wilder tower. All on the night Paige Johnson was last seen with Jacob Bumpass.

Bumpass is not charged with anything related Johnson's disappearance. Police say they have not opened a criminal investigation but the search warrant affidavits speak for themselves.

We do not know what police found or if they have actually conducted the searches, yet. The affidavit for the house was dated October 4th. The one for the car was dated October 12th.

Bumpass is being held for violating his parole by having alcohol and weapons at his home and using marijuana. Covington Police did not return a call today. The prosecutor did not want to comment on Bumpass.

Paige Johnson is still missing. If you have any information about her whereabouts or what may have happened to her, contact Covington police at 859-292-2222.

Mom Wants Paige Johnson Declared Dead
    Attorney Plans To Sue Person Of Interest In Missing Teen Case

FLORENCE, Ky. -- The mother of a missing northern Kentucky teen will ask a court to declare her daughter deceased.

Paige Johnson was last seen Sept. 21, when a friend told police he dropped her off in Covington.

That friend, Jacob Bumpass, has not been charged in Johnson's disappearance but has been jailed for nearly a year on an unrelated probation violation.

He has declined to cooperate with investigators in the teen's disappearance, police said.

"It's been almost a year and it's been nothing but misery the whole time and we just want answers," Paige's mother, Donna Johnson, said. "I feel like this is helping Paige more than anything."

Attorney Eric Deters said Tuesday that he would file paperwork on behalf of Johnson's mother to have the 18-year-old declared dead.

Afterward, they plan to sue Bumpass for wrongful death. Deters said he could not plead the Fifth Amendment, which permits defendants to avoid incriminating themselves, in a civil case.

"I don't know if this is going to bear fruit, but I just feel so bad for this mother. I have children. If my kid was missing, and there was a suspect out there, I would do anything and everything to find out what the heck happened," Deters said.

Deters said he was initially contacted by a family friend about unauthorized fundraising in the teen's name.

"We are going to force him (Bumpass) to sit in a chair, under oath, and he's going to have to answer questions," Deters said.

The attorney, who said he was not being paid for his work, said he would continue his attempts to stop those efforts.

Covington police and the Kenton County prosecutor said they continue receiving tips and following leads, and they are confident they will find Paige Johnson.

Investigators said that even while leads still come in, they believe that Bumpass knows much more than he's willing to admit.

Johnson's family has held vigils and organized search parties and fundraisers but still don't know any more than they did a year ago.

"He shouldn't let a year go by without explaining anything that happened with Paige," Johnson said.

Deters admited it won't be easy. The case is an active investigation and police will only release certain records.

"I don't know if this is going to bear fruit but I think it's worth a shot," Deters said.

Deters said the paperwork will be filed next week; at that point Bumpass has 20 days to respond.

The one year anniversary of Paige Johnson's disappearance is next week.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/29170523/detail.html

This is heartbreaking. And I can't believe that the person who identified himself as the last person to see this girl alive has had nothing happen to him in relation with this case in the last year. At least he's been locked up and hasn't disappeared, but it doesn't seem like much is being done.

A good article from the HuffPost in July... was just looking for more information on this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0...=Paige_Johnson

The mother of missing Kentucky teen Paige Johnson has a message for the individual or individuals responsible for her daughter's disappearance: "I just wish they would tell us please what happened and where she is at. Have a heart and do the right thing."

In an exclusive interview with The Huffington Post, Donna Johnson of Florence, Ky., spoke of the incidents leading up to her 17-year-old daughter's abduction.
    Paige has been missing since Sept. 23, 2010, when she went to hang out with a 22-year-old acquaintance named Jacob Bumpass, of nearby Taylor Mill, Ky.

"The night she left, she came in my bedroom and I thought she said she was going to her sister Brittney's with a friend of hers named Jason. I let her go because I know Jason -- he lives upstairs in the same building. He has picked her up before and took her there," Paige's mother said. "My daughter left and I have not seen or talked to her again."

Roughly two hours later, at about midnight, Paige sent a Facebook message to her older sister, Brittany Haywood. Paige wrote, "GIRL. I need To Talk To You IMMEDIATELY!"

Unfortunately, Haywood never got a chance to find out what her sister wanted.

Questioned by police, Bumpass claimed he dropped Paige off at about 1 a.m. near the corner of 15th Street and Scott Boulevard in Covington, Ky., which is across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. No one has seen her since.

Donna Johnson said she is skeptical about Bumpass' story.

"She wouldn't just get out on a dark street corner four blocks from where she was going," she said. "It wasn't even on the same street. She would have had to make a couple turns, and she doesn't even know that area to know where to make the turns in the middle of the night or early hours of the morning," Johnson said.

"None of it makes sense."

According to police, Bumpass' cellphone records show his phone was not in Covington at the time he said he dropped off Paige, and that it had pinged off a tower in nearby Florence.

Cell phone records further indicate that at about 4:13 a.m., Bumpass' phone pinged a tower in Batavia, Ohio, and then again, five minutes later, off another tower near Half Acre Road in Batavia. The last location is close to East Fork Lake, an Ohio state park that is 25 miles east of Cincinnati.

After reviewing Bumpass' cellphone records, authorities decided to center their search on East Fork State Park. According to the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, it is one of Ohio's largest state parks, covering 4,870 acres. The park's terrain "includes both rugged hills and open meadows," according to the state agency's website.

Investigators started their search by clearing the park?s 2,160-acre William H. Harsha Lake, which is more than 100 feet deep in some parts. More than 100 searchers on ATVs and horseback also spread out in the area. Nothing was found during either search.

On Oct. 4, 2010, Bumpass, who is on parole for a theft conviction, was taken into custody for violating his parole because he had alcohol and weapons in his home, authorities said.

For nearly a year, the search for Paige has continued. The Covington Police Department has not returned multiple calls from The Huffington Post, but according to Paige's mother, investigators have told her the case is "far from cold."

Bumpass has not been named as a suspect in Paige's disappearance. He remains behind bars in Kenton County Jail for the parole violation.

Paige's daughter turned 3 years old last month. Donna Johnson said the girl still does not understand what happened to her mother.

"I get her on the weekends," Johnson said. "She will ask where her mom is or say she wants to find her. It is horrible."

Johnson and her mother, Jenny Roderick, do whatever they can to raise awareness, including posting missing person flyers throughout the area -- something that recently caused a bit of a controversy when a Covington police officer asked her not to post the flyers on utility poles because it violates a city ordinance.
    Contacted by The Huffington Post, Covington City Manager Larry Klein said a citizen complaint prompted the city to get involved.

"We got a complaint from a citizen about the number of flyers," Klein said. "One of our officers approached the grandmother who had been putting them up and let her know it wasn't permitted."

When local media got wind of the thwarted poster campaign, Roderick gave reporters several interviews, which, according to Johnson, caused the city to lighten up on their posting of the flyers.

"The news got involved [and] then the police chief got on there and said he wouldn't take them down," Johnson said.
    While the flyer battle appears to be over, the search for Paige continues. Someone, somewhere knows what happened, and her mother is hopeful they will come forward with information.

"They need to do the right thing and let us know where she is," Johnson said. "She doesn't deserve to be thrown somewhere like a piece of trash. What if it was your sister or your daughter? Put yourself in our shoes. I beg you to tell us, I beg you."

A $3,500 reward is being offered for information regarding Paige Johnson's whereabouts. Anyone with information is asked to call the Covington Police Department at (859) 292-2222 or The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at (800) 843-5678.
    --

I can't imagine this being the fault of anyone but Bumpass. I can't imagine him willingly participating in helping in the investigation, one can only hope that there is more information out there and that someone will come forward. That poor baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

There is speculation that there may be a serial killer involved. I read several articles while MDS was down. Of course, I cannot find them now. Here is info from charleyproject.org that discusses the suspect in another missing girl case. There have been several missing young women in West Central Ohio that are on this dude's truck route. The article that I read mentioned Paige Johnson and Holly Bobo as well. Just thought I would through it out there.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._shaylene.html

Quote Originally Posted by morbidT View Post
    I read several articles while MDS was down.
    Slacker. I read several whole books while MDS was down. Thank God, I don't have to do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Quote Originally Posted by puzzld View Post
    Slacker. I read several whole books while MDS was down. Thank God, I don't have to do that anymore.
    I looked at a couple magazines too!

Her mom and Jacob's mom are constantly at each others throats on these different FACEBOOK pages that are made in Paige's name. I hope that poor girl is found soon.
    Last edited by Pheara; 09-19-2011 at 01:54 PM.

paige's mom is going to be on maury today.

http://www.mauryshow.com/vid_player....t=&cid=1359588

Watched it on Maury... I wonder why they didn't mention on there that she supposedly sent her sister a FB message, and all she said about the boy who saw her daughter last is that they don't know why he dropped her off where he did rather than AT the house she was going to... after this long, I would've beat an answer outta him, if necessary. 'I don't know' just doesn't cut it!

I wonder what happened to her.

Bloggers Note Similarities In Markham, Johnson Cases

(Video at link that includes footage of the interview with Paige's mother)

CINCINNATI -- Are two area missing person cases connected with the disappearances of four other women near the Tri-state area?

Some bloggers think so, suggesting that the disappearances of Paige Johnson and Katelyn Markham may be linked to other cases in Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio and Tennessee.

Johnson, of Florence, was last seen in September 2010, and the last person to see her remains jailed on an unrelated probation violation. Markham, of Fairfield, disappeared in August.

No evidence has been found in either case, despite extensive searches of the areas they were last seen by police and hundreds of volunteers.
    Some online commentators have speculated on supposed similarities between those cases and those of Crystal Hall, Holly Bobo, Lauren Spierer and Karen Swift.

Johnson's mother is skeptical, however.

"This serial killer stuff, it's a bunch of bull," Donna Johnson said. "It's not true. It's not true in Paige's case."

She said relatives of Jacob Bumpass had been floating the possible connections between the cases on social media. Bumpass is the last person known to have seen Johnson before she disappeared.

"If there is something going on, it's connected to him for sure," Johnson said.

Covington police have investigated the possibility of a connection to other missing person cases but haven't developed any leads.

"We've found nothing that would link these cases to our current investigation," said Lt. Spike Jones, of Covington police.

Markham's father also has his doubts.

"It's not out of realm of possibility," Dave Markham said. "It's unlikely, but anything is possible."

Fairfield police did not comment for this report, but they had previously indicated that the case appeared to be isolated.

"We've developed nothing in this case that would lead us to believe that this goes beyond Katelyn Markham," Chief Mike Dickey said in September.

But online sleuths aren't as quick to dismiss the similarities between the missing women and their cases, and they're continuing to look for evidence to prove their case.

Read more: http://www.wlwt.com/news/30007285/detail.html#ixzz1kKq7XKLf

--

I don't find this theory plausible in this case at all, but I did find it interesting that Holly Bobo was mentioned, as that is a case I have been following as well. The details of that one just stuck with me for some reason. I wonder where all of these girls are... I searched for any other mention of any new updates in the case and there have been absolutely none since the last articles posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoMyGoddess! View Post
    maybe when the check comes next time, just throw your dick on the table and be like "if you got the check, i got dessert"

I had a link in a previous post that discussed the possibility of a serial killer. There are three girls missing from my area and in two of the cases, it was reported that the suspected serial killer was in or around the area during the disappearances. I'm not sure about the third one, because the suspect is currently incarcerated for killing his ex girlfriend and I'm not sure when he was incarcerated and when she went missing. I found a bunch of info on the cases, but was unable to post because MDS crashed and I can't find the info now.
    Here is a link, from the Charley Project, that discusses the possible serial killer. Shaylene went missing in my hometown. The other two girls, one from Anna, Ohio and one from Troy, Ohio are the most recent (with in the past two years) from my area. I can't remember the names of the other two girls, but will keep looking for info.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._shaylene.html
    Maybe we could have a thread of all the cases this guys is suspected in.

Thread Information