View Poll Results: What deaths do you find most interesting?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suicide

23 42.59%
  • Drug Overdose

2 3.70%
  • Murder/Murderer

24 44.44%
  • Car Crash

1 1.85%
  • Other

4 7.41%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What deaths do you find most interesting?

Re: What deaths do you find most interesting?

I find the murder victims and suicides sort of interesting. I think suicide is a still huge problem often because people hide mental illenesses and depression and seem ok.

suicides and freak accidents, like falling off a mountain or something traumatic like that....
    Some people live their whole life wondering if they'll make a difference. My brother is a soldier. He doesn't have that problem! .....Proud Army sister!

For me, it's definitely suicides.  Also, mergers and acquisitions.

I find the suicides most interesting. Maybe because I have known 3 people in the past year who have committed suicide. Two of them did not leave a note, or show any indication that they were depressed or dissatisfied with life.
    If you were happy everyday of your life, you wouldn't be a human being. You'd be a game show host.

[quote author=SweetMisery link=topic=4788.msg761882#msg761882 date=1205198627]
    I find the suicides most interesting. Maybe because I have known 3 people in the past year who have committed suicide. Two of them did not leave a note, or show any indication that they were depressed or dissatisfied with life.

[/quote]

Aww, I'm so sorry about your losses. How are you doing? 
    The suicides definitely intrigue me too b/c I've been in dark places in my life where I considered ending it all. Thanks to the support of my family, friends and other important people in my life, I am here today.

Sadly, theres a website that supports suicide that I read about in a magazine.  The website itself contains "Methods" and tips how to make poisons, where to buy guns, the best kinds of rope, etc.  It also has "success stories".  Members go on there to talk about suicide and support one another on killing themselves.  They even sometimes pair up together and commit suicide together. 
    For instance these two teen boys met over this website and jumped off a cliff together, but one backed out last second, came back on the website and told his story.  He was later convicted and senteced to prison for 14 years but was found hung the day he was supposed to be there.
    I just think its creepy but yes, the most interesting to say the least. 

[quote author=Mirrorsaw link=topic=4788.msg809456#msg809456 date=1208126957]
    Sadly, theres a website that supports suicide that I read about in a magazine.  The website itself contains "Methods" and tips how to make poisons, where to buy guns, the best kinds of rope, etc.  It also has "success stories".  Members go on there to talk about suicide and support one another on killing themselves.  They even sometimes pair up together and commit suicide together. 
    For instance these two teen boys met over this website and jumped off a cliff together, but one backed out last second, came back on the website and told his story.  He was later convicted and senteced to prison for 14 years but was found hung the day he was supposed to be there.
    [/quote]

pm me the name of the site please

[quote author=The Bo link=topic=4788.msg821996#msg821996 date=1208860110]
    pm me the name of the site please
    [/quote]

Why do you keep coming back here and saying stuff like this?

[quote author=Mirrorsaw link=topic=4788.msg809456#msg809456 date=1208126957]
    [/quote]

Wow.

I don't have anything against people who are suicidal. If they chose to end their life, I don't think there should be any shame in that. Then again, I'm a weirdo about human rights.

I find freak accidents the most interesting but suicides intrigue me also. The murders just make me sad. The automobile deaths make me want to wear a helmet while in a car...lol
    Hey vanity...<br />The vile&#39;s empty.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; so are you...

I'm not sure if interesting is the right word, but for me it's suicides that draw my attention on MDS, perhaps because I've never understood it. I've never personally felt the need to end my life, and feel I have a lot to live for, plus the fact that I could never forgive myself for the pain and sorrow I'd be inflicting on those I love who I'd be leaving behind. Life is precious our time's so short. As this site so ably illustrates, it can all so tragically slip away from us in a heartbeat (all those lives lost to car crashes for instance). I just can't rationalise in my own head how someone can voluntarily throw all of that away.&nbsp;

I hope I don't come across as slandering those who've taken their own lives, as that's honestly not my intention. I just think suicide's such a waste, made worse by the fact that it can be so easily avoided saddens me.
    Remember kids, always wear clean underwear before you go out. Nobody wants to find skid marks if you get run over.

Suicide and od's - but I am never satisfied with the od articles. I always want to know which drug they were taking and how much of it they took!&nbsp;

[quote author=LivingDeadDoll link=topic=4788.msg189410#msg189410 date=1171511277]
    We need to start a myspace group about that....

People Against Private Profiles (PAPP) has a nice ring to it i think.....

[/quote]

That would be awesome! And when someone defied us, we could say bad stuff about them - sort of like a smear campaign!

Trust me. You don't want to be on the other end of a PAPP Smear. Just. trust. me.

Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia, Australia

There already are groups like that!

eta, I didn't notice you were quoting a post from ages ago. BUt still
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap-n Meow
    TPT is more caramel. She's sweet and so smooth she'll slide a finger in your butthole.

All deaths.

Teens who kill fascinate me but the missing persons cases suck me in the most.

Car accidents. It's usually due to human error. I don't feel sorry for people who speed, weave in and out of traffic, and end up dead.

I voted murder because something inside a person causes them to commit that crime and for each it's different.

Suicide I get but don't get, a person's demons can be too strong, their internal pain can be a wave that drowns them and they, at that moment, need to stop that pain and silence those demons.
    Drugs, overdoses I understand. I don't suffer from an addiction but I've been touched by those who do. My own brother being one and I see what that internal need for alcohol is doing to him. It is destroying him slowly. I guess I can understand a drug of any tyoe eating a person from the core until too little or too much ends their life.
    Cars, accidents, the unexpected. Yes, I understand.

But to take a fellow human's life, often for no discernible reason. That intrigues me. To try to get away with it and fail, intrigues me more. What causes one to do it, what makes a person think they can erase a human from this world and go on happily? I voted murder, it's a mind thing I guess, a puzzle to boring old me.
    Marshmallow here is the one I liken to Ed Gein... Originally Posted by Heartbroken1

All deaths interest me,I always wanna find out more about the person. But it's the suicides,ODs & murders that intrigue me the most. I don't understand them & can't quite grasp the reasoning behind it. Which is why I wanna find out more. I'm pretty sure the reason I dont understand is bc my brain doesn't work like theirs. I would love to talk to some of these ppl to get a better understanding of why the make the choices they do.
    Hopefully though if I ever talked to a murderer,it would be from behind glass. Scary thought! 😬

Thread Information