Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 131

Thread: The West Memphis 3

  1. #76
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474953
    These kids either need to change their name, or start making music.
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  2. #77
    Senior Member GlassHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Dirtuh South
    Posts
    2,198
    Rep Power
    1444470
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    These kids either need to change their name, or start making music.
    I think I'd rather leave the music to Eddie Vedder. I think Damien has written a book and Jason is going to attend law school. Not sure what Miskelly is going to do. Last I heard no one even knew where he was.

  3. #78
    Senior Member debk589's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nawth Cackalacky
    Posts
    8,687
    Rep Power
    21474856
    It makes me sad how much of this thread was lost in the crash.

  4. #79
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,962
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Quote Originally Posted by debk589 View Post
    It makes me sad how much of this thread was lost in the crash.
    Ugh, this. Soul Pictorials was my and losing all that emotion made me bitter.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  5. #80
    Senior Member carnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    242
    Rep Power
    3719576
    Damiens book was excellent. I read it in two days. Cases like these are one of the major reasons I'm against death penalty.

  6. #81
    Chin Checker g r ee n ey e s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hate-One-Hate
    Posts
    20,962
    Rep Power
    21474868
    Quote Originally Posted by carnee View Post
    Damiens book was excellent. I read it in two days. Cases like these are one of the major reasons I'm against death penalty.
    They were convicted as children though, I am pretty sure that the death penalty doesn't exist for kids.


    Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

  7. #82
    Senior Member Peavey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,673
    Rep Power
    21474864
    Quote Originally Posted by g r ee n ey e s View Post
    They were convicted as children though, I am pretty sure that the death penalty doesn't exist for kids.
    No, Damien was considered the ring leader and definitely received the death penalty for the crime. I think he was 16 and tried as an adult because the murders were so horrific. I'm not positive. I'd look it up, but I have a lazy.

  8. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    167103
    Quote Originally Posted by Peavey View Post
    No, Damien was considered the ring leader and definitely received the death penalty for the crime. I think he was 16 and tried as an adult because the murders were so horrific. I'm not positive. I'd look it up, but I have a lazy.
    Damien was already 18 when he was arrested and did receive the death penalty.

  9. #84
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474953
    Wait...what!?! Someone died over this!?
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  10. #85
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    267
    Rep Power
    167103
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Wait...what!?! Someone died over this!?
    Do you mean one of the WM3? If so, no.

  11. #86
    Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Queens!
    Posts
    102,991
    Rep Power
    21474953
    Quote Originally Posted by death.becomes.her8701 View Post
    Do you mean one of the WM3? If so, no.
    Oh, OK. (whew)
    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

  12. #87
    Senior Member Freaktab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    11885056
    There is so much sadness in this case. Three boys dead, three teenagers railroaded and family members of all six destroyed.
    HBO saved these guys. The only reason why anyone outside of Arkansas knows about this case is because HBO got the trial on film. What a fucking comedy of errors that shit was!
    West of Memphis is worth seeing and gives a different perspective on why the WM3 were tried for the crime. There is also a feature film in production called Devil's Knot which is based on the book by Marla Levritt. Reese Witherspoon is playing Pam Hobbs, the mother of Stevie Branch (one of the murdered kids). Pam Hobbs was also married to Terry Hobbs and he is the man whose DNA was found at the murder scene.

  13. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,594
    Rep Power
    21474845
    First of all, I apologize for assuming you didn't know everything about this case, but I am perplexed by your opinions?!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    I know all about him. The Memphis 3. The fight to get them released. The celebrities and other powers-that-be that rallied for him, for them. I don't, personally, find him any less creepy now, then he was back then. They took a plea, in which they could still proclaim they were innocent, but admitted that the prosecutors had enough evidence to convict them. It was a no-contest plea. Do I believe they were innocent? No. Do I believe there was reasonable doubt so that they deserved to have their sentence commuted? Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    The confession was the biggest piece of evidence against them, and I came to believe that was coerced. The physical evidence pointed to someone else being the perpetrator. Just a sad case, all around. Someone got away with three horrific murders.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieBelle View Post
    Poppy, I have the god given right to my own opinion......mine. I'm not suggesting you make it yours. And yes, I DO know about that case. I followed it when it happened. I read the first book written on the crime. I followed the appeals through the years. I read the book West Memphis 3. I watched all of the documentaries. So, I take a little exception to the fact that because you don't agree with my opinion, you say "then you don't know anything about that case!" And if I'm not 100% certain, in my mind, about ANYTHING in that case, that doesn't mean I'm uneducated on the subject. And if you read what I further said on the subject, I made it clear that I thought someone else was the perpetrator. So, what's the problem?
    These four bold-ed viewpoints don't seem to jibe, and I'd love to discuss if you're willing? I have a very personal interest in this case, and sort of know it inside out, so I was intrigued by your comments?

    There is no evidence against the WM3 in this case! None whatsoever linking them to the crime, the crime scene, the timeline etc. Plus they ALL had alibi's, which were kept out of the Police Report, and never documented, or investigated! And the only evidence to date, links Terry Hobbs to the crime, through DNA, witness testimony (testifying that Terry Hobbs saw the 3 boys at 6.30pm that day), the pocket knife of Stevie Branch found in Terry Hobb's possession (that Stevie carried with him everywhere), and the stomach contents of Stevie Branch (proving that he came home that day).

  14. #89
    I'm not wearing any pants
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bodacious Cunt
    Posts
    2,493
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by carnee View Post
    Damiens book was excellent. I read it in two days. Cases like these are one of the major reasons I'm against death penalty.
    I NEED THIS BOOK! Been trying to find it. I'll prob end up going to barnes and noble. Oh and pop, I think Terry Hobbs is guilty as fuck.

  15. #90
    Senior Member Rockabillychick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,137
    Rep Power
    21474845
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantown Bitch View Post
    I NEED THIS BOOK! Been trying to find it. I'll prob end up going to barnes and noble. Oh and pop, I think Terry Hobbs is guilty as fuck.
    It is called Almost Home and you can get it on Amazon. Amazing book.

  16. #91
    Senior Member Rhythmisasadist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,019
    Rep Power
    2364828
    He has two books. Almost home and Life After Death

  17. #92
    Senior Member Sarahric13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where there are crazy little ladies...
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    19187797
    West of Memphis...watch it. Loved it.

  18. #93
    Senior Member queenaevadamthng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hogwaller, SC
    Posts
    4,234
    Rep Power
    21474848
    Didn't they find some DNA that matched up to the step dad of one of the boys? Why hasn't charges ever been pursued against him?


    "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

  19. #94
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,073
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    Didn't they find some DNA that matched up to the step dad of one of the boys? Why hasn't charges ever been pursued against him?
    I have no idea. Even his ex wife said he did it.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  20. #95
    Senior Member queenaevadamthng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Hogwaller, SC
    Posts
    4,234
    Rep Power
    21474848
    See that's what doesn't make sense here. They threw three teenagers in jail basically cuz they looked scary and were going to throw away the key. They have real evidence of who did it but do nothing. That just doesn't make any sense.


    "Theoretical physics can prove that an elephant can hang from a cliff with its tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense".... JIM GARRISON

  21. #96
    Senior Member Angiebla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    11,073
    Rep Power
    21474855
    Quote Originally Posted by queenaevadamthng View Post
    See that's what doesn't make sense here. They threw three teenagers in jail basically cuz they looked scary and were going to throw away the key. They have real evidence of who did it but do nothing. That just doesn't make any sense.
    Me and my bf became very enthralled in this case. We watched all three documentaries back-to-back, they were soo good! I still have to watch the last one though. This case changed my mind about the death penalty. I was really ignorant to the fact that an innocent person could be sentenced to death. I think about these three guys from time to time. I hope they are all doing okay.

    "The love for all living creatures is the most noble attribute of man" -Charles Darwin

    Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Chelsea, if you are a ghost and reading mds, I command you to walk into the light.

  22. #97
    Senior Member Sarahric13's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Where there are crazy little ladies...
    Posts
    583
    Rep Power
    19187797
    Weird how I picked up movie, and today is the two year anniversary that they were set free.

    Damien Echols lives with his wife in Salem, Mass.
    Jessie Misskelly is still in Arkansas.
    Jason Baldwin is in Oregon I do believe.

    This murder happened the same day I graduated from college, and followed it since.

  23. #98
    I'm fancy ketchup HockeyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    14,428
    Rep Power
    13631241
    Reese Witherspoon and Colin Firth are in it. Called "The Devil's Knot"

  24. #99
    Senior Member debk589's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Nawth Cackalacky
    Posts
    8,687
    Rep Power
    21474856
    Yup. I'll definitely go see that.

  25. #100
    I'm fancy ketchup HockeyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Southern Cali
    Posts
    14,428
    Rep Power
    13631241
    me too. One of the weirdest crimes ever.
    Small and quiet backwards town yet three boys are murdered in such a psychotic, precise, genuinely evil way.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •