Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The West Memphis 3

it's on again on sunday.

Hell yeah, all three of them are on On Demand!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

You can just watch the newest one. I feel like 90% of it was recapping the first two movies

Yeah I own a copy of the first one which I saw as a teenager and I rented the 2nd one probably 8 years ago. I also donated to there cause and got a shirt that has brought some interesting debates over the years specifically a women at a dmv who used to live in west memphis and was pissed at me that I supported them.
    Gooble goble gooble goble one of us one of us. t(-_-)t

I tried to get J to watch the first Paradise Lost tonight. I started it and within two minutes he's going "Kate, seriously. I cannot watch this. Kate.... please turn it off. Oh my GOD! Is that a little boy?!".
    I feel shitty as I forgot about the crime scene footage...
    I have the newest one set to record on Tuesday when I know nothing else is on.

I have seen the future and I'm fairly relieved to say, it looks nothing like me.

Does anyone know if i can get to watch PL3? (I'm in the UK)
    beli : Cunt fingers. Just like butterfingers, only cuntier.

Can it be downloaded from HBO's website?
    I dont know a lot of download sites

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Can it be downloaded from HBO's website?
    I dont know a lot of download sites
    Says i can only access if I'm a resident of the U.S :( I know nothing about download sites either....might have to get the bf to search for it for me :D

Quote Originally Posted by lulupop View Post
    Says i can only access if I'm a resident of the U.S :( I know nothing about download sites either....might have to get the bf to search for it for me :D
    I spent ages searching when I saw your post asking about it and I could only find sites that don't work outside of the US

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I spent ages searching when I saw your post asking about it and I could only find sites that don't work outside of the US
    Thanks for searching missey! I hope your fingers haven't turned into ice cubes! I expect we'll get to see it in a few years

Thanks for searching missey! I hope your fingers haven't turned into ice cubes! I expect we'll get to see it in a few years
    I'll keep an eye out. If you find one can you let me know too please My fingers are the only part of me that aren't freezing lol

Quote Originally Posted by leapfreak View Post
    I'll keep an eye out. If you find one can you let me know too please My fingers are the only part of me that aren't freezing lol
    Thank you & will do! What's your secret with the warm fingers!? I feel like i have chillblains!

Thank you & will do! What's your secret with the warm fingers!? I feel like i have chillblains!
    My hands are always really hot. My doctor says that I have a naturally high temperature so I'm normally really warm to the touch. All I've done all day is moan about being cold and my best friend keeps asking me if I'm sick because I'm always too hot and never complain of being cold lol

Little Miss Independent wannabe07's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by puke View Post
    crap I didn't even know they were airing it. do you know when it will be on next.
    if you have HBO, you can actually watch all 3 of them back to back on On Demand. i was mad because i only caught the last 10 mins of it, so checked under "documentaries" and they have all 3 until the 6th of February. i hardly remembered the 1st one, i had watched it with my parents when i was really young and the thing that broke my heart the most is when they were going through the trial, Damien's wife had just had their baby. the 1st time he got to hold his child was right before the guilty verdict, in the courtroom. his child was almost 19 when Damien was released.

the other thing that really burns my ass is that they all had to plead guilty and have murder on their record just to get out. so not only did they lose their childhood and a good portion of their adult lives, they now carry murder convictions on their records, and they cant file a lawsuit for all they went through. Damien was repeatedly raped the 1st year he was in as well. how the hell can anyone make that right?? nothing or no amount of money could ever make up for everything they have lost.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movi...en-echols.html

Sundance 2012: Will 'West of Memphis' lead to new look at case?

January 21, 2012 | 1:36pm

When the West Memphis 3 were freed from prison in August after being imprisoned for 18 years, it was described by many as a bittersweet victory.

While Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelly were released after a years-long legal battle, they were never fully exonerated in the 1993 murders of three young boys in Arkansas in 1993. To attain freedom, they were forced to enter Alford pleas -- a unique situation in which defendants do not admit guilt, but admit that the prosecution could likely prove the charges. It's regarded in court as a guilty plea.

But "West of Memphis," a new documentary produced by Peter Jackson and his wife Fran Walsh, could prompt the Arkansas legal system to reinvestigate who is truly responsible for the 1993 killings. The film, which premiered at Sundance on Friday, largely points the finger at Terry Hobbs, the stepfather of Stevie Branch, one of the boys who was murdered. Throughout the movie, Hobbs is depicted as an aggressive man who beat his former love interests and children. Through private investigator work financed by Jackson and Walsh, Hobbs' DNA was also found to be at the crime scene. But the most damning evidence implicating Hobbs came only weeks ago, when three new witnesses called a private hotline with a tip about Hobbs' involvement.
    Photos: The scene at Sundance 2012

The three witnesses were friends of Hobbs? nephew, Michael Hobbs Jr., who supposedly told his buddies that his uncle was responsible for the murders of the three young boys.

"According to Michael, his dad called this ?The Hobbs Family Secret? and he asked us to keep it a secret and not tell anyone," one witness revealed.

But could the new evidence actually spur the Arkansas justice system to take a closer look at Hobbs? In the film, prosecuting attorney Scott Ellington reiterates numerous times that because the West Memphis 3 technically declared they were guilty, the case is pretty much closed.

In a question-and-answer session after Friday's screening, Echols' attorney Stephen Braga said that Ellington is not actually as stubborn as he appears in the documentary.

"Despite what you saw in the film, Ellington said he would investigate any new evidence and has agreed to review [the witnesses' testimony]" Braga said. "It's still possible to do the right thing. The Alford plea is just a stumbling block -- a speed bump."

Jackson said he hopes the documentary, directed by Amy Berg, will serve as a "lesson for the justice system."

"This shows how fragile it is," the filmmaker said. "Is the system wrong, or are people wrong within the system?"
    RELATED:Power of a lightWest Memphis 3 outcome 'bittersweet,' filmmaker saysWest Memphis Three are freed after 18 years behind bars--Amy Kaufmantwitter.com/AmyKinLA

Quote Originally Posted by bowieluva View Post
    Getting arrested for coke in Vegas is like being found eating a chocolate bar in the willy wonka factory.

Im sure im the only one weirded out by this but here it goes anyway..
    I think Echols wife is awesome for never giving up in the pursuit of his freedom and I think its great that she worked so hard and stood by him this entire time.
    BUT
    I think its mega serial-killer-stalker-creepy that she saw a documentary on tv and went all the way over there to meet him and then quits her job and moves to marry him.
    I totally get he's innocent so this really doesnt count, but I find the women who chase down men on death row to be creepster groupies

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyGirl View Post
    Im sure im the only one weirded out by this but here it goes anyway..
    I think Echols wife is awesome for never giving up in the pursuit of his freedom and I think its great that she worked so hard and stood by him this entire time.
    BUT
    I think its mega serial-killer-stalker-creepy that she saw a documentary on tv and went all the way over there to meet him and then quits her job and moves to marry him.
    I totally get he's innocent so this really doesnt count, but I find the women who chase down men on death row to be creepster groupies
    Oh I agree. And I predict that the marriage won't last. I hope for both their sakes it turns out to be a case of "happily ever after", but I'm not holding my breath.
    lol at Nestle being some vicious smiter, she's the nicest person on this site besides probably puzzld. Or at least the last person to resort to smiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nestlequikie View Post
    Why on earth would I smite you when I can ban you?

Yeah, my boyfriend and I were saying the same thing when we were watching PL3. I don't get what the attraction is for a woman in those circumstances, especially when it's pretty clear that they did what they're accused of.

Certified Grumple Bottoms Ron_NYC's Avatar
    Wait, the "West Memphis 3" isn't a band?
    Ron was the best part, hands down.

Sorry I'm a bit late getting to the party on this thread but I don't go snooping around this section often and after reading what's out there, this makes my blood boil. So these kids are still effectively the ones officially blamed for the murder but they are released... why haven't the cops re-opened this investigation? It sounds soooo fishy. I was thinking Byers must have something bad over someone high up... then there were suggestions on another site he was a grass for police. But still, why would you cover this all up for a police grass? He had a rap sheet a mile long and then his wife dies under mysterious circumstances three years later? The autopsy results were inconclusive but she had contusions on her body... there is a comments section from locals at http://www.topix.com/forum/city/west...KOFQNIGCRGSIRQ - way too much info to write here. How can no one take the responsibility justice-wise for the deaths of three little boys? It beggars belief.

I believe Damien is the one with the wife who fought for his freedom? Tomorrow either him,her, or both will be on Anderson Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhythmisasadist View Post
    I believe Damien is the one with the wife who fought for his freedom? Tomorrow either him,her, or both will be on Anderson Live.
    Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonDancer View Post
    And apparently you fuck the mods here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_NYC View Post
    Wait, the "West Memphis 3" isn't a band?
    oh my gawd...
    Quote Originally Posted by songbirdsong View Post
    "Say, you know who could handle this penis? MY MOTHER."

damien is on the view right.

I am so glad these guys are finally free. I have no doubt in my mind that these boys are innocent. This was a huge injustice. For anyone who hasn't seen the original documentaries, Paradise Lost part 1&2. If you have any doubt these boys are innocent watch those two. I can't even begin to imagine what they're going through right now trying to adjust to life on the outside after having been locked up for nearly 20 years. From reports, Miskelly seems to be having a very hard time adjusting. I hope that some day, some how they're able to make as normal of a life as possible.

Thread Information